Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#1301 Arion

Arion

• 2,353 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:16

Safety car situations are never fair. There're always someone who get lucky and someone lose out. And we didn't just find out the SC rules are not perfect on Sunday, it's been discussed numerous times. There's so much moaning than usual because it's Alonso who lost out this time, and even worse, Hamilton of all people had better luck.

Advertisement

#1302 roger44

roger44

• 149 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:25

His tone might not have been the most positive but I can understand his frustration, from the moment he got stuck behind the SC he knew he would only score small points in Valencia.
I fail to see why "the honeymoon" would be over, can you please elaborate why he 's more trouble than he's worth? I do acknowledge he made some silly mistakes this season that have cost him good points in the WDC but he's not realy lucky this season either (engine problems earlier on in the season, Canada, Valencia).

I expect his contract to be renewed if he delivers. It has nothing to do with his "problems" / problems with Hamilton

I suspect some of his frustration is because He tried to get in front of the SC as well, but didnt manage it while LH did. That was the reason he closed on Hamilton just before the SC.

Of course they will renew him 'if he delivers', but I cant see him doing it with head up LH arse

#1303 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:32

Kobayashi thanked alonso for playing fair!

if some one speaks german

another approval how great sportsman alonso is!

Edited by YellowHelmet, 28 June 2010 - 12:33.

#1304 fnz

fnz

• 2,138 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:32

He closed to Hamilton cause Hamilton slowed down, no more no less. And of course he wanted to be in front of the SC, he wouldn't be F1 worthy otherwise.

Do you think he would have scored more points last w/e if he wasn't whining about Hamilton?

#1305 Kevie911

Kevie911

• 43 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:33

Overreaction from FA in my opinion. I'm an FA supporter and I don't agree with his assessment though I do feel that SC rules need to be tidied up a bit. Was a pity for Massa as well since he was on for a good finish after all his struggles with the super soft.

After watching the videos on this thread, it is a bit difficult to believe Hamilton that he thought he passed the safety car before the line as he slowed down considerably before the first SC line and then proceeded to speed up again once he realized it was still further ahead. Yes it is a tad unfair that his penalty did not really affect him but that is racing and it all evens out at the end of the year. He was punished under the rules available and there's nothing to whine about.

Also would like to comment on the quality of the posts on this forum. Always heard that the Autosport forum was free from trolls and contained extremely high quality posts; haven't seen as many as I'm sure many forum members would like. I enjoy a lot of them of course, but wish there could be more logical discussion. We are fortunate still to have a sport which takes video technology into account (unlike football) using which Hamilton was penalized. Let's look at the positives at least. Hope Ferrari recovers and focuses their energy into more useful things.

Well written. I'm far from a FA fan. I too agree that he's overreacting and suspect it's just frustration on his part. Seeing a good race trashed because of Hamilton essentially pulling a fast one on the FIA, and the troubles the Ferrari has had thus far this season, he's just pissed that a good result disappeared through no fault of his own. As I wrote, I'm not a FA fan, I think he figured this year, especially after a solid winter testing, he had the car to take to the championship. While there are still enough races available for him to get back to the top, this season for him must appear to be slowly slipping away.

Now to discuss my driver - Rosberg - yeech. Hello Brawn-now-Mercedes GP? Let's get the show on the road...for 2011.

#1306 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:40

Well written. I'm far from a FA fan. I too agree that he's overreacting and suspect it's just frustration on his part. Seeing a good race trashed because of Hamilton essentially pulling a fast one on the FIA, and the troubles the Ferrari has had thus far this season, he's just pissed that a good result disappeared through no fault of his own. As I wrote, I'm not a FA fan, I think he figured this year, especially after a solid winter testing, he had the car to take to the championship. While there are still enough races available for him to get back to the top, this season for him must appear to be slowly slipping away.

Now to discuss my driver - Rosberg - yeech. Hello Brawn-now-Mercedes GP? Let's get the show on the road...for 2011.

Hamilton didn't pull a fast one. He got the penalty for the crime. I mean, he shouldn't have slowed down and then sped up to pass the sc because doing so is against the rules. But he got assessed the penalty one gets when they break the rule and of story.

Unluckily for everyone else, the safety car also just happened to get someone who was running much slower right in there behind Hamilton so then when Hamilton went in for his penalty there was such a gap to the train behind Kobayashi that Hamilton didn't lose a place.

It was very bad luck for Alonso and others. Very good luck for the McLs. But that's F1. And it sure as hell wasn't another damn conspiracy against him :rolleyes:

#1307 bauss

bauss

• 4,925 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:42

Safety car situations are never fair. There're always someone who get lucky and someone lose out. And we didn't just find out the SC rules are not perfect on Sunday, it's been discussed numerous times. There's so much moaning than usual because it's Alonso who lost out this time, and even worse, Hamilton of all people had better luck.

:up: :up:

#1308 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 2,584 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:55

"It's a shame, not for us because this is racing"

Alonso said that as well.
Usual jump on anything to troll about Alonso here, good job :drunk:

#1309 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,340 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:55

Alonso vs Kobayashi

#1310 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:00

Alonso vs Kobayashi

as Kobayashi has stated alonso played very fair, he could have closed the door, but then they would have crashed, so alonso reopens the door!

Alonso for playing fair :up:
Kobayashi for that harakiri-move :up:

Edited by YellowHelmet, 28 June 2010 - 13:01.

#1311 fnz

fnz

• 2,138 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:03

@Yellowhelmet: Never ever say Alonso is fair or honest, that's not allowed here :rolleyes:

#1312 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,849 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:05

as Kobayashi has stated alonso played very fair, he could have closed the door, but then they would have crashed, so alonso reopens the door!

Alonso for playing fair :up:
Kobayashi for that harakiri-move :up:

Seconded :up:

Fernando for being fair
Kamui for being Samurai

And the way two drivers can put on a fair, compelling show without cheating, but simple out and out racing.

#1313 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:05

@Yellowhelmet: Never ever say Alonso is fair or honest, that's not allowed here :rolleyes:

who can forbid the truth :confused:

#1314 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:06

Well.. it's not that it's not allowed... it's just that there is evidence to the contrary.

#1315 Ellios

Ellios

• 1,106 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:06

Alonso vs Kobayashi

didn't know Alonso moved over quite as much as that for Kobayashi - if only Kovalainen had done the same....

#1316 Lights

Lights

• 9,300 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:11

Moved over? Being fair? Please people.. use some logic.

Alonso got messaged by the team that several drivers ahead of him were called by the stewards and were facing time deduction. They told Alonso that he shouldn't do anything crazy, finish the race and wait for the stewards decision. What would be the point for Alonso to close the door on Kobayashi and retire? Now he has 4 points, that would have been 0. Besides, he probably thought Kobayashi would overshoot the corner and he saw him braking so late. The reason Kobayashi did that was because his tyres had that much grip, he was capable of braking so late. Hence Alonso moved back again because he was afraid Kobayashi would hit him if he didn't make the corner.

#1317 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:14

Alonso got messaged by the team that several drivers ahead of him were called by the stewards and were facing time deduction. They told Alonso that he shouldn't do anything crazy, finish the race and wait for the stewards decision. What would be the point for Alonso to close the door on Kobayashi and retire? Now he has 4 points, that would have been 0. Besides, he probably thought Kobayashi would overshoot the corner and he saw him braking so late. The reason Kobayashi did that was because his tyres had that much grip, he was capable of braking so late. Hence Alonso moved back again because he was afraid Kobayashi would hit him if he didn't make the corner.

+1

Especially the bold part.

#1318 dogbreath

dogbreath

• 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:19

Kobayashi beat Alonso

#1319 Ellios

Ellios

• 1,106 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:20

not doubting your logic or remarks - but nonetheless he moved over no matter what his reasons were, in fact it was the right action for him to take.

Advertisement

#1320 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,423 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:25

not doubting your logic or remarks - but nonetheless he moved over no matter what his reasons were, in fact it was the right action for him to take.

He didn't "Move over", as anyone who has raced a single-seater will tell you; he missed his braking point under mild pressure from Kobyashi, thereby missing his apex and conceding the corner - seemples! Stop making excuses for him, he's quite capable of doing his own crying....

#1321 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:26

Alonso vs Kobayashi

Fernando Alonso is one of the fairest drivers on the grid, and for that reason he is very respected by his fellow drivers :up:

#1322 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:31

Kobayashi beat Alonso

Give Kobayashi the F10 :blush:

He better not because he would be badly trashed by Felipe  ;)

#1323 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 13:34

Well.. it's not that it's not allowed... it's just that there is evidence to the contrary.

The same can be said for Hamilton :smoking:

#1324 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:08

I agree he has a right to be annoyed. It was a very harsh outcome for him.

But a right to claim the race was manipulated? Come on ... Even Dominicalli backed away from that statement.

Heat of the moment - but you're right - he shouldn't have said that.

#1325 yr

yr

• 5,834 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:10

Fernando Alonso is one of the fairest drivers on the grid, and for that reason he is very respected by his fellow drivers :up:

Yeah, right. Why don´t you look at this video and come back with an opinion that is in touch with reality.

#1326 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:21

Yeah, right. Why don´t you look at this video and come back with an opinion that is in touch with reality.

Telemetry proved that Alonso break in the same position where he did in his latest laps, that's why he didn't get a penalty.

Please don't bring crap that doesn't prove anything.

#1327 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:21

was alonso beeing lapped?

#1328 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:22

That was the same snipy attitude people had with FA when Lewis ran into the back of him, until the data logging proved otherwise.

#1329 BrendanMcF

BrendanMcF

• 537 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:29

Alonso punished for a deliberate brake test

Make that most of his fellow drivers and I'd agree.

#1330 yr

yr

• 5,834 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:32

All the prove I need for that being nothing but brake-test, came in an interview Alonso gave later, he was smiling from ear to ear when asked if he did that delibarately and didn´t deny it.

Oh, yes, for all those who are worried about drivers not obeing rules under SC (like Hamilton in Valencia), here´s a great showing of Fernando being very strict about slowing down when SC/yellow flags occur.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#1331 sagy12

sagy12

• 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:37

Alonso looks very bad this season - when you compare 2010 with 2007/2008 Kimi-Massa duo - 2007/2008 looked much stronger. He is still extremely fast, but makes so much mistakes and sometimes has problems with getting his tyres to work - similar thing that happened to him in 2007. and back then he blamed it on Ron Dennis.

This race after pitstop I at least expected him to get one or two places on track - instead he lost one. Far from perfect driving. His obsession with Lewis Hamilton shows much frustrations.

2007 and 2008 Ferrari was much better than 2010 Ferrari, of course the drivers look better. Alonso leads Massa by 31 points, that is the 3rd largest gap on the grid behind Kubica and a rookie, and Rosberg and Schumacher, so he can't be driving too bad to manage that. After pitstop he overtook Hulkenburg which was impressive because it is almost impossible to overtake on that track. After that he lost a position to a car on fresh tires with nothing to lose, so nothing wrong with his drive and he beat Massa again. So much talk about Alonso focusing too much on hamilton in the race but how many seconds of radio broadcast did we hear from a 2 hour race, maybe 30 seconds. it is normal for drivers to talk a lot to the team over the radio about many things.

#1332 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,195 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:37

He didn't "Move over", as anyone who has raced a single-seater will tell you; he missed his braking point under mild pressure from Kobyashi, thereby missing his apex and conceding the corner - seemples! Stop making excuses for him, he's quite capable of doing his own crying....

Oh come on Bloggsworth! Despite the initial squeeze towards the inside and the rears locking after braking as deep as possible, it was very obvious to even the most casual F1 viewer that Fernando was politely opening the door for Kamui. Fernando is one of the most fair and certainly the most generous F1 driver on the grid. He is more than happy to give points away to opponents in the F1WC, as it increase his points standings in the World Philanthropy Championship, the latter of which is more important.

#1333 sagy12

sagy12

• 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 14:40

:up: :up: :up:

I really don't understand why Hamilton Fans keep saying Alonso is obsessed with Hamilton :confused: :rotfl:

I have no doubt if it was Vettel, Webber or Button who had done what Hamilton did today, Alonso would have reacted in the same way. He doesn't care about Hamilton, he just want to win. Alonso is just frustrated because he was really unlucky with the SC rules, while his main rival for the WDC was who benefited the most from that.

Why can't people understand he is a human just like the rest of us? How would you react if you were in his position?

:up: :up:

#1334 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:10

Kobayashi beat Alonso

You forgot the period.

Sorry, but Ferrari got beat with the "B" team and a new driver, and there is no one to blame but Ferrari.

#1335 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:11

I really, really want Massa to start beating Alonso, then we will see fireworks out of the pram....

Be very interesting if Massa (who looks to be improving) would start finishing in front of Fernando. The Asturian's head just might explode! :lol:

#1336 roger44

roger44

• 149 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:13

especially his team mate

#1337 dogbreath

dogbreath

• 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:13

You forgot the period.

Sorry, but Ferrari got beat with the "B" team and a new driver, and there is no one to blame but Ferrari.

sorry i may have mis read something

did someone say that Alonso let Kobyahsi pass on purpose because of the time pentalies looming for other drivers?

If someone did then we can continue, if someone didnt! then i take that back

happy to discuss

#1338 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 15:17

The Asturian's head just might explode! :lol:

Well, in case that happens, Ferrari can be proud of themselves because they (well, someone who has power in the team) wanted to get rid of the cool-headed guy to get someone more 'passionate' and more 'latin' and someone who speaks more and so on... so now they have it, they can enjoy. Enjoy speaking on the radio with Fernando during a race like they did yesterday. That's going to help with winning, for sure.

#1339 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,277 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:19

Fred coocked the corner by braking late. The reason for that was either Kamuis pressure or Lewis haunting his mind once again.
That mistake allowed Kamui to overtake him easily.

It has nothing to do with Alonso being "fair" or anything.
For the second race in a row he loses position to a car behind while trying to overtake Buemi.
Too many mistakes this year from the "whole package".

Advertisement

#1340 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,047 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:22

Well, in case that happens, Ferrari can be proud of themselves because they (well, someone who has power in the team) wanted to get rid of the cool-headed guy to get someone more 'passionate' and more 'latin' and someone who speaks more and so on... so now they have it, they can enjoy. Enjoy speaking on the radio with Fernando during a race like they did yesterday. That's going to help with winning, for sure.

I suspect they actually wanted to get rid of the guy who spent most of 2008 and 2009 significantly under-performing despite his enormous salary.

I suspect the reasoning being that if Massa could get within 1pt of the title in 2008 then Raikkonen ought to have had it within him to win it by a good 15pts. or more but didn't perform strongly enough to do so.

#1341 Campeador

Campeador

• 296 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:30

I still think Alonso's never been FIA's spoilt brat, he's been harshly penalised whenever he's done anything wrong.

#1342 F1EC

F1EC

• 857 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:34

:up: For sure

#1343 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:42

Ho ho, it's not like Kimi didn't speak in the radio like that.

#1344 bonjon1979

bonjon1979

• 1,117 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 19:53

Anyone looking at this objectively can plainly see that with everything that was going on at the time it would be difficult for the penalty to be given any quicker. Maybe a lap or two at best. The fact is that most of the people complaining are FA fans who think that the red carpet should be rolled out for their hero and if anything goes against him then it's clearly some huge conspiracy against their man. I have to say that this is something that Fernando himself does nothing to discourage.

#1345 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,423 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:07

Oh come on Bloggsworth! Despite the initial squeeze towards the inside and the rears locking after braking as deep as possible, it was very obvious to even the most casual F1 viewer that Fernando was politely opening the door for Kamui. Fernando is one of the most fair and certainly the most generous F1 driver on the grid. He is more than happy to give points away to opponents in the F1WC, as it increase his points standings in the World Philanthropy Championship, the latter of which is more important.

Despite his whinging, Alonso is first and foremost a racer, why would he give Kobyashi the corner - Manners aren't exactly his strong point!

Edited by Bloggsworth, 28 June 2010 - 20:07.

#1346 VoRteX

VoRteX

• 166 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:11

The SC was deployed behind Vettel AND Hamilton (but then he braked). Bad deployment of the SC. Let's call it lucky. It is only a funny coincidence.
Lewis braked just enough to let the Ferraris stuck behind the safety car. Very nicely timed HESITATION (lmao). The video is so obvious it can hardly be argued.
Even if it was true hesitation, then the next move was a very deliberate cheat.
If it was attempt to let them stuck, then its only another DIRTY manouver by him.
Anyway, he decided to cheat (accidentally or deliberately i dont give a ***), and overtook the SC. The true accident was not doing so before the line. Undefendable unsporty behavior in any case.
The guy is fast but keeps playing it on and past the edge of rules. And getting away with it!
The tragedy is that FiA consents and even promotes the behavior of this very fast but also very poorly educated kid.
And you blind fanboys are losing the perspective on the issue.
Keep trolling and defending the undefendible, and also Lewis's LIES. That's such a shame!!!

Those managing this BUSINESS want a Vettel-Hamilton duel for the championship, and it shows. But its only a coincidence. Very funny indeed.

The spectators are not blind nor stupid.

Fernando doesn't sell as much. That's all.
But we dont buy all those crap news and tergiversation.
Keep lying like your hero.

#1347 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:11

Despite his whinging, Alonso is first and foremost a racer, why would he give Kobyashi the corner - Manners aren't exactly his strong point!

Maybe because he did not want to crash out and loose the few points he was getting away with?

Kobayashi was in fresh super soft tires. And not even the world champion in a Mclaren was to deal with him but until he pitted.

#1348 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:15

Well, then Ferrari's problem would not be the radio but the "cool-headed guy" being 5 spots behind Massa.

#1349 bonjon1979

bonjon1979

• 1,117 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:20

The SC was deployed behind Vettel AND Hamilton (but then he braked). Bad deployment of the SC. Let's call it lucky. It is only a funny coincidence.
Lewis braked just enough to let the Ferraris stuck behind the safety car. Very nicely timed HESITATION (lmao). The video is so obvious it can hardly be argued.
Even if it was true hesitation, then the next move was a very deliberate cheat.
If it was attempt to let them stuck, then its only another DIRTY manouver by him.
Anyway, he decided to cheat (accidentally or deliberately i dont give a ***), and overtook the SC. The true accident was not doing so before the line. Undefendable unsporty behavior in any case.
The guy is fast but keeps playing it on and past the edge of rules. And getting away with it!
The tragedy is that FiA consents and even promotes the behavior of this very fast but also very poorly educated kid.
And you blind fanboys are losing the perspective on the issue.
Keep trolling and defending the undefendible, and also Lewis's LIES. That's such a shame!!!

Those managing this BUSINESS want a Vettel-Hamilton duel for the championship, and it shows. But its only a coincidence. Very funny indeed.

The spectators are not blind nor stupid.

Fernando doesn't sell as much
. That's all.
But we dont buy all those crap news and tergiversation.
Keep lying like your hero.

Please. Why do you think the European GP is in Spain? Why did Santander go to Ferrari? Alonso sells, he just hasn't delivered the results to warrant the hype (mainly because he hasn't had the machinery to do so). He and his fans are disgruntled because they want him to be at the very front because that's where he should be as a top quality driver. This year was supposed to be his return to the front and he's frustrated because that hasn't happened. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of his over-reaction with regard to the penalty was because he realised the big update they had wasn't enough to take them to the front and this will be another season when he isn't able to compete for the championship.

#1350 VoRteX

VoRteX

• 166 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 20:25

Please. Why do you think the European GP is in Spain? Why did Santander go to Ferrari? Alonso sells, he just hasn't delivered the results to warrant the hype (mainly because he hasn't had the machinery to do so). He and his fans are disgruntled because they want him to be at the very front because that's where he should be as a top quality driver. This year was supposed to be his return to the front and he's frustrated because that hasn't happened. I'd be willing to bet that a lot of his over-reaction with regard to the penalty was because he realised the big update they had wasn't enough to take them to the front and this will be another season when he isn't able to compete for the championship.

yours is the Lewis's School of Thinking is see: that of lying.
argue about the extremely dirty/unsporty behavoir and lies if you can.
There is no excuse.
You focus on some irrelevant theories and ignore the forest of lies in front of you: they keep favoring Lewis (not penalizing Alo, thats the collateral effect only).
I wonder what the next reprimand or useless penalty be for...

Edited by ForeverF1, 28 June 2010 - 20:30.
This thread is NOT about Schumacher or Hamilton.