Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#13551 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 15:40

Fernando karting with some youngsters & others today. To me, another sign of his maturation process over the last few years. People are free to feel about him what they want, say he's arrogant, etc. But it's quite clear he's matured over the last few years both in his personal life & on the track.

Saturday of karting with future drivers! Some things didn't change at all ..;)))!

Posted Image

All the friends for the "karting" adventure today! The oldest 38, the youngest just 6...all the same passion!! ;)

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/#!/alo_oficial/stat...4516480/photo/1

Nice!!

Alonso never was arrogant. Always friendly, down to earth. The arrogant tag usually comes from people form the other side of the fence, jealous of Alonso wide, long and succesful F1 career. Not a lot of drivers get tagged the best in the field driving not the best car in the field year in and year out. :up:

Advertisement

#13552 eta

eta

• 41 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 16:20

A friend of mine told me, that in Spain people told him, that they consider Fernando as not very intelligent. A man, who speaks 4 (?) languages, understands cars as engineers do and does a pretty good job when it comes to keeping his private life away from the media…

Beside one person, I don´t know anyone who is a fan of Fernando (or at least likes him), that´s why I like to be here :cool:

Another thing that I don´t understand is the media coverage when it comes to his performances. To me it seems he always has to do magic (like last race) to get the acknowledgement from the media. His consistency in delivering results is kind of taken for granted.
I think his twitter account will show a lot of people that he is actually a nice guy, who is very down-to-earth and extremely devoted to his work.

#13553 F1Newbie

F1Newbie

• 882 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 16:35

A friend of mine told me, that in Spain people told him, that they consider Fernando as not very intelligent. A man, who speaks 4 (?) languages, understands cars as engineers do and does a pretty good job when it comes to keeping his private life away from the media…

Beside one person, I don´t know anyone who is a fan of Fernando (or at least likes him), that´s why I like to be here :cool:

Another thing that I don´t understand is the media coverage when it comes to his performances. To me it seems he always has to do magic (like last race) to get the acknowledgement from the media. His consistency in delivering results is kind of taken for granted.
I think his twitter account will show a lot of people that he is actually a nice guy, who is very down-to-earth and extremely devoted to his work.

I´m surprised to see him so open and friendly. Even with his team mate :up:

#13554 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,955 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 18:50

I´m surprised to see him so open and friendly. Even with his team mate :up:

I actually think they have always been like that, apart from 2007 Ger. it is just some want to show the old 'can't have a good relationship with teammates'
Stefano said they call each other and see each other a lot as well. :clap: I like this atmosphere.

#13555 showtime

showtime

• 2,669 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 18:59

Talking about team mates, Piquet Jr congratulated him for his win on twitter on a very friendly way. Just for those who like to think that Nelsinho had something against him because the infamous 2008 incident.

#13556 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,213 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 19:06

Talking about team mates, Piquet Jr congratulated him for his win on twitter on a very friendly way. Just for those who like to think that Nelsinho had something against him because the infamous 2008 incident.

This.

And the poster that said in Spain is thought of is not very smart is pure crap. That is far from the truth & reality of the situation.

#13557 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 19:07

Nah, he just wanted to make sure he burned every bridge he ever had in F1.;)

#13558 eta

eta

• 41 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 19:27

This.

And the poster that said in Spain is thought of is not very smart is pure crap. That is far from the truth & reality of the situation.

Sorry if I did not articulate myself clearly enough. That is what some Spanish people told a friend mine. I did not state it as a fact nor do I support it ;-)

#13559 prty

prty

• 5,218 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 19:34

Sorry if I did not articulate myself clearly enough. That is what some Spanish people told a friend mine. I did not state it as a fact nor do I support it ;-)

The "antis" in Spain throw a lot of stuff to try to discredit him, but it's the first time I hear about the intelligence thing.

Advertisement

#13560 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 23:08

A friend of mine told me, that in Spain people told him, that they consider Fernando as not very intelligent.

Nonesense, I'm from Spain and I've never heard that before.

#13561 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,213 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 23:35

Understood. Perhaps it's your friend that doesn't think highly of Fernando. I have many friends that live in Spain & as SirRacer said, I've never heard this before. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. :)

#13562 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:01

This.

For those who didn't see this nice Tweet:

Posted Image

Fernando didn't answer though :p

#13563 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,370 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:51

Im not sure how he's perceived in Spain, Italy & other countries but i get the impression in the UK he's portrayed as a bit of a villain. I say this because of his season in 07, then there was Germany 2010 when i think he took a bit of stick in the press. (Feel free to correct me fellow UK people - i dont watch the news, read the papers, etc - this is just my impression from forums, twitter, and the like). If that's the case it's a shame because i think he's a genuinely nice guy - his Twitter gives some insight into this but there's a few other articles, comments Ive read and they only speak in great terms about him.

#13564 Andy865

Andy865

• 2,447 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:01

Yes, sadly he's very much the pantomime villian for the more ignorant UK fans. Dribble-Dribble hur go team gb!!! crowd. Gets right on my wick, and i've supported Mclaren for 10 years. No respect.

#13565 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,459 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:34

Since LH started winning in 07 and then with JB coming good in 09 literally every dope who's ever watched a single quali session or race start thinks they are an expert on all things F1. Generally with those "fans" Alonso is very much the pantomime villain, which isn't helped with the tabloid press. However, in my experience, the "real" british F1 fans really know their sport and have a lot of respect for Alonso as a driver.

#13566 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,121 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 13:00

I'm afraid it's not only the british press and fans. They didn't produce the emails incriminating him in 2007. They didn't give him immunity to testify in the 2008 scandal. BTW, if he was really innocent, he should have told FIA to shove the immunity but that he didn't. It also doesn't help he has the charisma of a potato.

I understand you guys admiring his skills as driver, but don't try to apply lipstick to this pig. At the end it will still be a pig.

Lol, you clearly bought into it.

Anyway, he's known to be very charismatic. An amazing driver, but an even better person. Maybe it's just you ;)

#13567 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,955 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 13:21

Since LH started winning in 07 and then with JB coming good in 09 literally every dope who's ever watched a single quali session or race start thinks they are an expert on all things F1. Generally with those "fans" Alonso is very much the pantomime villain, which isn't helped with the tabloid press. However, in my experience, the "real" british F1 fans really know their sport and have a lot of respect for Alonso as a driver.

:up: That is exactly the feeling that I have been getting as well. The 2 great Brits out to end the domination of the RedBull juggernaut with the pesky Devils Alonso and Ferrari coming along now and again. Or so the media would have you think.
To be honest, I don't mind as i find it a little funny, and I doubt Alonso cares much about it.

#13568 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 13:46

Posted Image

Cabroon means GAY, right :p

#13569 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,410 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 13:54

No, it's something like vastard with b o fuc**r.

Edited by kosmos, 01 April 2012 - 14:00.

#13570 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 13:58

more like a**hole

#13571 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:04

Yeah, in a kind way, two friends would call each other "¡cabron!" :)

Edited by AdHoc, 01 April 2012 - 14:04.

#13572 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:05

You know that this @NelsonPiquet is a fake? :rolleyes:

#13573 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:06

Nope...

It's become so hard knowing who is who, sorry...

#13574 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:07

yesterday Fernando visited the 'circuito leonés de Vidanes' and make a lot surprise to the people there sharing a day karting wit them!

#13575 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:08

i would think that if Piquet had some bad feelings about Fernando, he wouldn't follow his tweets.

#13576 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:11

You know that this @NelsonPiquet is a fake? :rolleyes:

his account has been verified for over 2 years. i hardly doubt it's fake

#13577 prty

prty

• 5,218 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:22

Cabrón = bastard
Maricón = gay

#13578 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:42

Every year it's always the same thing, isn't it? Alonso is the best driver, it just doesn't show because the poor guy is always getting screwed over by his team or car or windtunnel etc.

Yep there's nothing wrong with the car, Massa must be only good enough to drive taxis :rolleyes:

Broadly speaking I agree with you. Alonso, for example, struggled with the Bridgestones and seems to be well-suited to the Pirellis, just like he was with the Michelin. Hamilton, on the other hand, seemed to go very well on the Bridgestones and has struggled a bit with the Pirellis. Swings and roundabouts, I guess. And yes, ultimately it is the driver's responsibility to adapt.

Massa nearly won the WDC on Bridgestones yet in 2010 Alonso easily beat Massa on the same tyres, similar to how he's beating Massa now on the Pirellis

#13579 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,350 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:50

Posted Image

Oh dear...ridiculous Nelson Piquet ! He still miss F1 I think. :cat: stupidfk..

Advertisement

#13580 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 14:53

Massa nearly won the WDC on Bridgestones yet in 2010 Alonso easily beat Massa on the same tyres, similar to how he's beating Massa now on the Pirellis

Same tyres? :rotfl: Sure!

However, I don´t think tyres play a major part in Massa´s terrible shape. Whaterver the car was fitted with, he didn´t have the pace at any moment from his comeback. I hope Ferrari can help him back to a reasonable shape, or his F1 career is done.

#13581 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,410 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 15:18

Are you guys that simple that you have to fall for all this PR BS ? It was a surprise visit to the track but Marca was there to take pictures and quote him. Please.

You are the simple and the ignorant, the pic and Alonso quote was taken from Fernando's tweeter, the other quotes from other tweeter accounts. :rotfl:

It looks like Fernando has a Webstagram account too, he post pics there too, some not available on his tweeter account.

http://web.stagram.com/n/alo_oficial/

#13582 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 15:18

you know what's more ridiculous - that you kissed his ass few years ago in twitter (just like di grassi's) and now apparently you mock him...

#13583 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 15:22

Are you guys that simple that you have to fall for all this PR BS ? It was a surprise visit to the track but Marca was there to take pictures and quote him. Please.

Maybe it was a surprise to just the kids in the track. Anyway if Marca was not there to take the pictures and quote him then people like yourself will be saying the news was fabricated.

Lose-lose situation so who cares.

#13584 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 15:24

Oh wow, there are some truly beautiful pictures in there! And he looks pretty addicted to taking photos too, would never have thought that of him. Nice surprise!

#13585 hammibal

hammibal

• 1,857 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 15:28

Same tyres? :rotfl: Sure!

However, I don´t think tyres play a major part in Massa´s terrible shape. Whaterver the car was fitted with, he didn´t have the pace at any moment from his comeback. I hope Ferrari can help him back to a reasonable shape, or his F1 career is done.

He just had a different teammate to deal with

#13586 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 15:50

He just had a different teammate to deal with

Oh, really? I didn´t know!! :drunk:

Don´t try to drag me into fanboy stuff, it won´t work. The 2008 tyres had NOTHING to do with the 2010 ones as you suggested.

I´m not stupid to get involved into fanboy discussions, I was just pointing a blatant mistake you made suggesting tyres with different durability, shape, size, compounds and surface pattern were the same because they had the same stickers on them, so they couldn´t affect a driver´s shape. They do, even if I don´t think that´s the main factor to the huge change in Massa´s shape.

#13587 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,350 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 15:56

you know what's more ridiculous - that you kissed his ass few years ago in twitter (just like di grassi's) and now apparently you mock him...

Amazing...thanks for the reminder, I have totally forgot about it. :yawnface:

#13588 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 16:16

Amazing...thanks for the reminder, I have totally forgot about it. :yawnface:

well if i get so obsessed with someone i usually don't forget that, just like i won't forget my age. but then again, it's me

#13589 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,271 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 17:11

You are the simple and the ignorant, the pic and Alonso quote was taken from Fernando's tweeter, the other quotes from other tweeter accounts. :rotfl:

It looks like Fernando has a Webstagram account too, he post pics there too, some not available on his tweeter account.

Well I wouldn't have expected that about him. Its a good job he's not a forum member on here, I think if he's taken any shots from last weekend, he'd stand a very good chance in winning the photo competition in the Paddock Club. :lol:

#13590 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 18:46

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He's a good photographer too, is there anything he's not good at?

#13591 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,688 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 19:22

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

He's a good photographer too, is there anything he's not good at?

Pretty good photos, and only thing I can think of is maybe swimming  ;)

#13592 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,271 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 19:24

Pretty good photos, and only thing I can think of is maybe swimming ;)

Is he any good at singing?  ;)

#13593 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,688 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 19:30

Is he any good at singing? ;)

:rotfl: I wouldn't wanna find out, I would have trouble sleeping depending on what I saw :lol:

#13594 prty

prty

• 5,218 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 19:58

Is he any good at singing? ;)

http://www.youtube.c...7jz7td0OM#t=33s :)

#13595 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 20:33

That is awesome. That go kart tire was quite punished.

#13596 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,271 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 22:01

http://www.youtube.c...7jz7td0OM#t=33s :)

He's certainly no Freddie. :lol:

#13597 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,688 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 22:08

He's certainly no Freddie. :lol:

I think him and Button should do a duet! ;)

Edited by RedOne, 01 April 2012 - 22:17.

#13598 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,410 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:48

That crap was in his tweet account ? That's much worse than I thought. But we all know how he likes to blow his own horn.
And you brought this here basically saying Marca was not there, he advertised his good deeds by himself, as if this is much better. You should have stayed silent but you can't help yourself can you ?

He posted a pic of his breakfast too, go and find the shady motives there too :rotfl:. You should have stayed silent but you can't help yourself can you ?.

#13599 motorhead

motorhead

• 937 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:31

Yep, he is the guy who sacrificed his career for Alonso to win in Singapore 2008. The thing I can´t understand is that Alonso is proud of it...

Advertisement

#13600 garoidb

garoidb

• 4,083 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:49

Yep, he is the guy who sacrificed his career for Alonso to win in Singapore 2008.

Actually, he did this to try to extend his career.