Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#13601 motorhead

motorhead

• 920 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:52

Actually, he did this to try to extend his career.

Yep, with poor results  ;) . I can imagine Flavio´s pressure on young rookie to do that...

Advertisement

#13602 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,666 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:04

Yep, with poor results ;) . I can imagine Flavio´s pressure on young rookie to do that...

So why did you say that he sacrificed his career for Alonso?

His career was over before all this emerged, and it would seem that Piquet's motivation was, in fact, to extend his own contract (which did happen).

#13603 motorhead

motorhead

• 920 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:20

So why did you say that he sacrificed his career for Alonso?

His career was over before all this emerged, and it would seem that Piquet's motivation was, in fact, to extend his own contract (which did happen).

Who benefitted from his actions and why he was told to do so - it was done clearly for Alonso to win that race...

#13604 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,666 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:26

Who benefitted from his actions and why he was told to do so - it was done clearly for Alonso to win that race...

It did not cost him his career. It extended it.

#13605 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,611 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:34

He did it to save his own ass, he was looking at the bigger picture for himself. He wasn't doing it for Alonso he knew that if he could extend his career at Renault long enough until inevitably Alonso would leave since everyone knew he was going to Ferrari then he could then make Renault his own.

#13606 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:58

He did it to save his own ass, he was looking at the bigger picture for himself. He wasn't doing it for Alonso he knew that if he could extend his career at Renault long enough until inevitably Alonso would leave since everyone knew he was going to Ferrari then he could then make Renault his own.

exactly. and by doing what Flav wanted, he probably hoped to become the favorited son

#13607 motorhead

motorhead

• 920 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:42

He did it becouse Flavio Briatore told and manipulated him to do so. That´s how Alonso won the race. Well I have to correct my sayings, he didn´t do it becouse of Alonso, but Briatore did. All in all it was Alonso who benefitted from decision that ruined Piquets career and I can´t understand how he can be proud of that win...

#13608 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,137 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:26

He did it becouse Flavio Briatore told and manipulated him to do so. That´s how Alonso won the race. Well I have to correct my sayings, he didn´t do it becouse of Alonso, but Briatore did. All in all it was Alonso who benefitted from decision that ruined Piquets career and I can´t understand how he can be proud of that win...

Hang on, didn't the Singapore victory trigger a clause in Alonso's contract meaning that the Renault team could then keep him for 2009? Weren't there various rumours of an imminent move to Honda, RBR or even Ferrari knocking around in 2008? Given Renault's form in 2009, I'm not entirely sure how exactly Alonso benefitted from that decision...

#13609 Outsider

Outsider

• 495 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 19:48

Hang on, didn't the Singapore victory trigger a clause in Alonso's contract meaning that the Renault team could then keep him for 2009? Weren't there various rumours of an imminent move to Honda, RBR or even Ferrari knocking around in 2008? Given Renault's form in 2009, I'm not entirely sure how exactly Alonso benefitted from that decision...

i think i've heard the same rumour, so flav screwd both his drivers

#13610 motorhead

motorhead

• 920 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 20:21

When the contracts have been waterproof in F1? All I´m saying that the deliberate crash was done for Alonso to win a race, or can somebody say otherwise....and that decision ruined Piquets career in F1(fact)...and I don´t understand how Alonso can be proud of that win(especially when he knew what was going on, but still saved his ass :cool: )

#13611 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,435 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 20:24

When the contracts have been waterproof in F1? All I´m saying that the deliberate crash was done for Alonso to win a race, or can somebody say otherwise....and that decision ruined Piquets career in F1(fact)...and I don´t understand how Alonso can be proud of that win(especially when he knew what was going on, but still saved his ass :cool: )

There is no proof that Alonso knew what was going on and he didn't put a foot wrong all weekend. It's no different than any other lucky win as far as Alonso is concerned.

#13612 garoidb

garoidb

• 3,666 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 20:31

Not a fact. His career was already over when the scandal emerged (Renault sacked him), and it was because his performance level was not good enough. Stop repeating this erroneous statement.

#13613 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 20:49

:| MiniPiquet is boring here in this thread!

#13614 PedroR

PedroR

• 98 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 21:21

Congrat. Man. You information's level is even biggest than FIA

Sometimes I think there isn't ..... Bah! Let it go :down:

#13615 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 21:28

...and I don´t understand how Alonso can be proud of that win(especially when he knew what was going on, but still saved his ass :cool: )

He CAN, because HE only did his job: RACING! :smoking:

#13616 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 23:59

...and I don´t understand how Alonso can be proud of that win

Then Hamilton (and Alonso) shouldn't be proud of their wins with McLaren in 2007 because they were won by a team that had confidential Ferrari documents, right?

#13617 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:48

Don't feed the trolls, guys... It's so much easier to ignore haters.

#13618 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,926 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:26

Then Hamilton (and Alonso) shouldn't be proud of their wins with McLaren in 2007 because they were won by a team that had confidential Ferrari documents, right?

Oh snap. :clap:

#13619 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:51

Fernando TODAY was answering some questions of his fans made in twitter on HIS WEB :love: :up:

Advertisement

#13620 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:04

Fernando TODAY was answering some questions of his fans made in twitter on HIS WEB :love: :up:

If he continues like that, journos will have nothing to do... He didn't answer many personal questions though.

#13621 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:24

For the people that was saying that his tweets came from a community manager:

¿Cuántos de los tweets son de Fernando y cuántos de sus community manager?
FA: Todos los mensajes son míos, para lo bueno y para lo malo. Ten por seguro que no dejaría que nadie escribiese por mí.

Translation:

How many of the tweets are from Fernando and how many are from his community manager?
FA: All the messages are mine, for good or for bad. Be sure that I would never let someone write for me.

Edited by SirRacer, 03 April 2012 - 12:25.

#13622 KirilVarbanov

KirilVarbanov

• 849 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 13:23

Quite a lot of social engagement recently, but I'm actually happy to see that.

#13623 RayInTorontoCanada

RayInTorontoCanada

• 570 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 13:53

How many Nando fans are hoping for a fully wet Chinese GP?

;)

#13624 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 14:07

;)

I hope Ferrari to bring a nice update to make the car faster, but if that's not possible, then I pray for rain :clap:

#13625 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 14:33

;)

:smoking: would be GREAT!

#13626 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 16:33

Hope it rains like crazy. :p

It's really important now to get as much points as possible since the car is supposedly struggling. And so if the F2012 improves Alonso will be able to have realistic chances for the championship. For now, so far so good: leading the championship. Who'da thunk it.

Edited by Creepy, 03 April 2012 - 16:37.

#13627 rsaca

rsaca

• 351 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 16:46

Fernando Alonso's chat with fans in Twitter:

P: ¿Qué tal se os da hacer una fabada asturiana?

FA: ¡¡A mi madre estupendamente!! Antes no era un plato que me encantase. Ahora... la verdad es que a menudo lo echo de menos.

P:Me gustaría saber si cuando viajas a los diferentes circuitos te llevas la play para jugar un ratillo.

FA: ¡¡Claro!! je je je. Sobre todo en los viajes fuera de Europa, voy cargado con play portátil, ordenador con juegos, etc.

P:Lo que me gustaría saber es qué sentiste cuando ganaste tu primera carrera en un kart y en un F1.

FA: La verdad es que en el kart no lo recuerdo muy bien, era muy pequeño. En la Fórmula 1 sentí una alegría y un orgullo enorme, porque sabía que era algo que precisamente iba a recordar toda la vida.

P:¿Cuál es la comida preferida en cada país que visitas?

FA: La comida que preparan los cocineros del equipo suele ser la misma cada carrera, independientemente del país en el que estemos. Una dieta a base de pasta, verduras, carne, pescado y fruta. Fuera del circuito, hasta que llega el fin de semana, solemos ir a algún restaurante japonés y poco más... ¡¡Nos tienen muy controlados!!

P:Me gustaria saber desde hace mucho tiempo como podéis tener tacto con los guantes para tocar tanto botón en el coche.

FA: Los botones son bastante cómodos para su activación; digamos que no suele haber problemas. Si te cuesta trabajo alguno te lo modifican en su forma o tamaño hasta que estés cómodo.

P:Me gustaría saber cómo narices eres capaz de motivarte teniendo que correr en esas condiciones. Debe ser desesperante, ¿no?

FA: La motivación o las ganas de ganar, son algo con lo que me despierto con la cuenta "a cero" cada mañana. Siento las mismas ganas de ganar en cualquier deporte, carrera o juego que haga cada día.

P:Me gusta saber los entrenamientos que haces. Fuerza y suerte para la temporada, porque con lo visto, ¡Falta va a hacer!!

FA: Intentamos practicar todo tipo de deportes para mantener una condición física completa, con especial atención al cuello y a la parte superior del tronco, pero el resto todo normal. Nuestro entrenamiento va dirigido a la resistencia: bici, correr, nadar o ski de fondo son los principales deportes, y luego ya como diversión juego a menudo al tenis, fútbol, padel, golf...

P:¿Tenéis tres pedales como los coches de calle? ¿Cómo embragaís?

FA: Tenemos dos pedales. El embrague lo tenemos en el volante en una de las levas, pero sólo se utiliza para meter primera y salir; luego, para cambiar no se utiliza.

P:Me gustaría saber si vas a seguir pilotando por lo menos hasta los 45. Fernando, sin ti la F1 ya no sería lo mismo.

FA: Estaré mientras me sienta competitivo y me vea capaz de ganar y ayudar al equipo. Espero que sean muchos años...

P:¿Cuántas horas estás en el coche? ¿Por qué habéis perdido 15Km/h? Gracias

FA: En el coche estoy muchas horas, creo... No las he contado pero entre los test, las carreras y el simulador, hay pocos días al año en los que no esté probando algo. Tenemos un coche con poca velocidad punta debido, normalmente, a una aerodinámica menos eficiente que nuestros rivales. ¡Por ahora!

P.Cómo subes esto, con la fama que tengo, jajaja. Yo pensaba que antes de correr comíais algo más, pero tiene buena pinta.

FA: Siempre comemos lo mismo. Es la misma rutina todos los domingos del año. Arroz con verduras, algo de jamón y fruta. Habitualmente siempre tres horas antes del GP

P:Me encanta, te siento más cercano. Por ejemplo: ¿Qué pasa por la cabeza de un piloto cuando está en el box viendo los tiempos?

FA: Tienes los tiempos y los parciales de todos los pilotos: comparas, miras dónde pierdes y dónde ganas, cuántas décimas te separan del puesto al que aspiras... Y mientras, decides por la radio el siguiente cambio de reglaje con tu ingeniero.

P:¿Cuál es la velocidad máxima que has alcanzado subido en un Fórmula 1?

FA: 372km/h en Monza.

P:¿Qué te parece tener tantos seguidores en tan poco tiempo?

FA: ¡¡¡Me sorprende!!! Cuando colgué el primer vídeo de bienvenida, teníamos cuatro horas de espera entre vuelo y vuelo a Australia. Allí mismo hice una apuesta con mi manager y mi fisio. El más optimista fui yo, que aposté que nos iríamos con 1.000 seguidores. A las cuatro horas nos subimos al avión y... ¡Ya tenía 39.000! Definitivamente, una sorpresa.

P:Me gustaría saber qué se siente antes de una salida, justo antes de apagarse el semáforo. Suerte y dales caña Nano.

FA: Tenemos memorizados una serie de movimientos sincronizados de embrague, acelerador, cambio de marchas, kers y una idea aproximada de la parte de la primera curva por donde quieres entrar. No tienes tiempo para pensar en algo que no sea este procedimiento...

P:Quería saber algo de los conductores de esos fabulosos camiones. No sé nada de ellos.

FA: Si te refieres a los conductores de los camiones del equipo, son grandes trabajadores. Salen cerca de una semana antes de la carrera y al llegar montan los motorhome y preparan los boxes, para cuando llegue el resto del equipo esté todo listo. Como te he dicho, ¡Unos currantes!

P:Una por la que tengo mucha curiosidad... ¿Cuál es tu tiempo de reacción ante un estímulo?

FA: Por ejemplo, con respecto al semáforo en la salida, la media del último campeonato es de unas 185 milésimas. Entrenando hacemos algo menos.

P:¿Sería posible que contaras cómo matas el tiempo en los viajes ?

FA: Libros, juegos, cartas, fotos, amigos...

P:¿Cómo se lleva eso de estar cada día en un sitio diferente? No tenéis que saber si subís o bajaís, ¿No? jeje

FA: Bueno, te acabas acostumbrando. Son cambios de horario, clima, costumbres... Y sobre todo, ¡De hoteles! Me pasa muchas noches al año que, al despertar, ¡Te hacen falta diez segundos para recordar cuál era!

P:Ya que insistes...¿Qué llevas tatuado en la espalda? Parece el as de bastos al revés, ja ja.

FA: Cada tatuaje tiene un sentido profundo en la persona; de otra manera, no tendría valor. No lo considero un tema estético, es algo que tiene que ayudarte como persona. Todo lo que lleve tatuado en mi cuerpo estará muy meditado anteriormente, con un significado y en un sitio concreto. Ante vuestra curiosidad, quizás algún día le haga una foto y os lo enseñe. El significado me lo guardo para mí, es algo personal. Pero siempre bajo una consigna: todo lo que lleve es y será para honrar a mi familia, a los que están y a los que se han ido.

P:¿Cuántos de los tweets son de Fernando y cuántos de sus community manager?

FA: Todos los mensajes son míos, para lo bueno y para lo malo. Ten por seguro que no dejaría que nadie escribiese por mí.

P:Me gustaria poder ver imágenes exclusivas que no se hayan visto aún. ¿Qué ves montado en el F2012? ¿Y dentro del box?

FA: Intentaré enseñar algo mas del box..

P:¿Cuál es el sueño que más se repite mientras duermes?

FA: Normalmente algo relacionado con lo que he hecho ese día. Si he montado en bici, si he visto fútbol en la tele...

P:¿Es cierto que #Renault no te quiso dar el F1 de 2006? ¿Es más difícil llegar a la F1 como piloto o como ingeniero?

FA: No es cierto. El McLaren fue por el que más tiempo tuvimos que esperar, pero ahora están todos. Es más difícil llegar como piloto.

P:A mí me encantaría saber qué coches tiene Fer en el garaje de su casa, ¡¡Pero imagino que es mucho pedir!! Gracias!!!

FA: Tengo varios, aunque los que uso normalmente son un Alfa Romeo Giuletta y un Maserati.

P:Nos gustaría saber si nos lees, ¡jajajaja! Me imagino que vas a tope. Suerte el próximo finde, ¡Alonso!

FA: Os leo todo lo que puedo...

#13628 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,786 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 16:57

Pretty cool interview, I'm very surprised that McLaren sold him the car he drove in 2007. I want to know what's up with this toy (tomita) that he show all the time :lol:

Only 2 weeks in tweeter and his tweeter account is more interesting that the other ones from F1 drivers, or almost.

#13629 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 17:19

Rubens Barrichello: "Ferrari has a love for Alonso, because he is one of the best, if not the best in F1. So, Felipe has a tough hurdle to overcome."

:up:

WEB

Edited by puxanando, 03 April 2012 - 17:20.

#13630 rsaca

rsaca

• 351 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 17:22

Only 2 weeks in tweeter and his tweeter account is more interesting that the other ones from F1 drivers, or almost.

Couldn't agree more. And it's funny because Alonso has been very outspoken about his privacy, yet it seems he feels very comfortable sharing his experiences and taking pictures of everything that goes around him. Class driver and classier person.

#13631 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 17:28

...... yet it seems he feels very comfortable sharing his experiences and taking pictures of everything that goes around him. Class driver and classier person.

twitter is burning with @alo_oficial! :lol:

Of all the drivers is him who makes the best job there!

#13632 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,786 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 17:42

Rubens Barrichello: "Ferrari has a love for Alonso, because he is one of the best, if not the best in F1. So, Felipe has a tough hurdle to overcome."

WEB

Kudos to Rubens for saying the things like they are, being a close friend of Massa, he could have say other stuff, Fernando nd Ferrari are the perfect couple, the only thing missing is the car.

#13633 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 21:20

That's something hard to say coming from a recent F1 driver who wasn't unable to find a ride, specially if hes an ex-ferrari driver

kudos to him :up: :up:

Edited by SirRacer, 03 April 2012 - 21:20.

#13634 Starlight

Starlight

• 183 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:01

P: ¿Qué tal se os da hacer una fabada asturiana?

FA: ¡¡A mi madre estupendamente!! Antes no era un plato que me encantase. Ahora... la verdad es que a menudo lo echo de menos.

P:Me gustaría saber si cuando viajas a los diferentes circuitos te llevas la play para jugar un ratillo.

FA: ¡¡Claro!! je je je. Sobre todo en los viajes fuera de Europa, voy cargado con play portátil, ordenador con juegos, etc.

P:Lo que me gustaría saber es qué sentiste cuando ganaste tu primera carrera en un kart y en un F1.

FA: La verdad es que en el kart no lo recuerdo muy bien, era muy pequeño. En la Fórmula 1 sentí una alegría y un orgullo enorme, porque sabía que era algo que precisamente iba a recordar toda la vida.

P:¿Cuál es la comida preferida en cada país que visitas?

FA: La comida que preparan los cocineros del equipo suele ser la misma cada carrera, independientemente del país en el que estemos. Una dieta a base de pasta, verduras, carne, pescado y fruta. Fuera del circuito, hasta que llega el fin de semana, solemos ir a algún restaurante japonés y poco más... ¡¡Nos tienen muy controlados!!

P:Me gustaria saber desde hace mucho tiempo como podéis tener tacto con los guantes para tocar tanto botón en el coche.

FA: Los botones son bastante cómodos para su activación; digamos que no suele haber problemas. Si te cuesta trabajo alguno te lo modifican en su forma o tamaño hasta que estés cómodo.

P:Me gustaría saber cómo narices eres capaz de motivarte teniendo que correr en esas condiciones. Debe ser desesperante, ¿no?

FA: La motivación o las ganas de ganar, son algo con lo que me despierto con la cuenta "a cero" cada mañana. Siento las mismas ganas de ganar en cualquier deporte, carrera o juego que haga cada día.

P:Me gusta saber los entrenamientos que haces. Fuerza y suerte para la temporada, porque con lo visto, ¡Falta va a hacer!!

FA: Intentamos practicar todo tipo de deportes para mantener una condición física completa, con especial atención al cuello y a la parte superior del tronco, pero el resto todo normal. Nuestro entrenamiento va dirigido a la resistencia: bici, correr, nadar o ski de fondo son los principales deportes, y luego ya como diversión juego a menudo al tenis, fútbol, padel, golf...

P:¿Tenéis tres pedales como los coches de calle? ¿Cómo embragaís?

FA: Tenemos dos pedales. El embrague lo tenemos en el volante en una de las levas, pero sólo se utiliza para meter primera y salir; luego, para cambiar no se utiliza.

P:Me gustaría saber si vas a seguir pilotando por lo menos hasta los 45. Fernando, sin ti la F1 ya no sería lo mismo.

FA: Estaré mientras me sienta competitivo y me vea capaz de ganar y ayudar al equipo. Espero que sean muchos años...

P:¿Cuántas horas estás en el coche? ¿Por qué habéis perdido 15Km/h? Gracias

FA: En el coche estoy muchas horas, creo... No las he contado pero entre los test, las carreras y el simulador, hay pocos días al año en los que no esté probando algo. Tenemos un coche con poca velocidad punta debido, normalmente, a una aerodinámica menos eficiente que nuestros rivales. ¡Por ahora!

P.Cómo subes esto, con la fama que tengo, jajaja. Yo pensaba que antes de correr comíais algo más, pero tiene buena pinta.

FA: Siempre comemos lo mismo. Es la misma rutina todos los domingos del año. Arroz con verduras, algo de jamón y fruta. Habitualmente siempre tres horas antes del GP

P:Me encanta, te siento más cercano. Por ejemplo: ¿Qué pasa por la cabeza de un piloto cuando está en el box viendo los tiempos?

FA: Tienes los tiempos y los parciales de todos los pilotos: comparas, miras dónde pierdes y dónde ganas, cuántas décimas te separan del puesto al que aspiras... Y mientras, decides por la radio el siguiente cambio de reglaje con tu ingeniero.

P:¿Cuál es la velocidad máxima que has alcanzado subido en un Fórmula 1?

FA: 372km/h en Monza.

P:¿Qué te parece tener tantos seguidores en tan poco tiempo?

FA: ¡¡¡Me sorprende!!! Cuando colgué el primer vídeo de bienvenida, teníamos cuatro horas de espera entre vuelo y vuelo a Australia. Allí mismo hice una apuesta con mi manager y mi fisio. El más optimista fui yo, que aposté que nos iríamos con 1.000 seguidores. A las cuatro horas nos subimos al avión y... ¡Ya tenía 39.000! Definitivamente, una sorpresa.

P:Me gustaría saber qué se siente antes de una salida, justo antes de apagarse el semáforo. Suerte y dales caña Nano.

FA: Tenemos memorizados una serie de movimientos sincronizados de embrague, acelerador, cambio de marchas, kers y una idea aproximada de la parte de la primera curva por donde quieres entrar. No tienes tiempo para pensar en algo que no sea este procedimiento...

P:Quería saber algo de los conductores de esos fabulosos camiones. No sé nada de ellos.

FA: Si te refieres a los conductores de los camiones del equipo, son grandes trabajadores. Salen cerca de una semana antes de la carrera y al llegar montan los motorhome y preparan los boxes, para cuando llegue el resto del equipo esté todo listo. Como te he dicho, ¡Unos currantes!

P:Una por la que tengo mucha curiosidad... ¿Cuál es tu tiempo de reacción ante un estímulo?

FA: Por ejemplo, con respecto al semáforo en la salida, la media del último campeonato es de unas 185 milésimas. Entrenando hacemos algo menos.

P:¿Sería posible que contaras cómo matas el tiempo en los viajes ?

FA: Libros, juegos, cartas, fotos, amigos...

P:¿Cómo se lleva eso de estar cada día en un sitio diferente? No tenéis que saber si subís o bajaís, ¿No? jeje

FA: Bueno, te acabas acostumbrando. Son cambios de horario, clima, costumbres... Y sobre todo, ¡De hoteles! Me pasa muchas noches al año que, al despertar, ¡Te hacen falta diez segundos para recordar cuál era!

P:Ya que insistes...¿Qué llevas tatuado en la espalda? Parece el as de bastos al revés, ja ja.

FA: Cada tatuaje tiene un sentido profundo en la persona; de otra manera, no tendría valor. No lo considero un tema estético, es algo que tiene que ayudarte como persona. Todo lo que lleve tatuado en mi cuerpo estará muy meditado anteriormente, con un significado y en un sitio concreto. Ante vuestra curiosidad, quizás algún día le haga una foto y os lo enseñe. El significado me lo guardo para mí, es algo personal. Pero siempre bajo una consigna: todo lo que lleve es y será para honrar a mi familia, a los que están y a los que se han ido.

P:¿Cuántos de los tweets son de Fernando y cuántos de sus community manager?

P:Me gustaria poder ver imágenes exclusivas que no se hayan visto aún. ¿Qué ves montado en el F2012? ¿Y dentro del box?

FA: Intentaré enseñar algo mas del box..

P:¿Cuál es el sueño que más se repite mientras duermes?

FA: Normalmente algo relacionado con lo que he hecho ese día. Si he montado en bici, si he visto fútbol en la tele...

P:¿Es cierto que #Renault no te quiso dar el F1 de 2006? ¿Es más difícil llegar a la F1 como piloto o como ingeniero?

FA: No es cierto. El McLaren fue por el que más tiempo tuvimos que esperar, pero ahora están todos. Es más difícil llegar como piloto.

P:A mí me encantaría saber qué coches tiene Fer en el garaje de su casa, ¡¡Pero imagino que es mucho pedir!! Gracias!!!

FA: Tengo varios, aunque los que uso normalmente son un Alfa Romeo Giuletta y un Maserati.

P:Nos gustaría saber si nos lees, ¡jajajaja! Me imagino que vas a tope. Suerte el próximo finde, ¡Alonso!

FA: Os leo todo lo que puedo...

Thanks for this. :up:

Good on Fernando for doing this for his fans! Now lets hope he does another one soon.... :clap:

#13635 CF22

CF22

• 386 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:19

Agreed with everyone that Fernando has an awesome Tweeter account, and better yet he's the one who posts the stuff. For English speaking fans he seems cold and calculating, but when he's on Spanish TV or radio he's very humble and often shy.

:up: for Fernando

#13636 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:28

I think Fernando has never been a big fan of British culture as far as relationships and interacting with it go (don't forget that McLaren was the team he's always been dreaming about!).

Maybe that's why he never answers British ITW, like on the BBC, and the reason why he appears unpleasant to them, but who knows... He's very keen on answering Italian and French TV too.

#13637 morals

morals

• 150 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:49

My feeble attemp at translating it...

P: how good are you (plural) on making Asturian Fabada? (A typical asturian dish with big beans (fabes) )

FA: My mother nails it! I didn't enjoy it a lot some time ago but now I often miss it

P: Do you carry your playstation with you on your travels to the different races?

FA: Of course! More so to the races outside Europe, I carry a playstation, a PC Laptop with games,, etc.

P:I'd like to know What did you feel on winning your first Kart and F1 race.

FA: I don't remember much of the first Kart win, I was very, very young. In F1 I felt an inmense joy and pride, because I knew it was something I will remember all my life.

P: What's your favorite dish in each country you visit?

FA: The food that the team cooks make is often the same in every race, not depending on the country we're on. mainly pasta, vegetables, fish and fruit. Outside the track before the weekend we llike to visit japanese restaurants and little more. We're heavily controlled!

P: I'd like to know, since long ago, How can you manage to keep the sense of touch with your gloves on to push that lot of buttons on the steering wheel.

FA: Buttons are very easy to push, there aren't problems. if pushing one is difficult they modify it until you're ok with it.

P:I'd like to know how the heck are you able to motivate having to race in these conditions It must be maddening, mustn't it?

FA: Motivation or will to win are feeling I reset every morning I feel the same will to win on every sport, race or game I do every day.

P:I'd like to know how you train, Be strong and good luck for the season, you are going to need it!

FA: We try to practice a lot of sports to keep us completely fit, with special dedication to neck and upper torso. Our training focus on endurance; bike, running, swimming or cross-country skying, as a hobby I also like to play tennis, soccer, padel, golf...

P: Do you have 3 pedals as in road cars? How do you use the clutch?

FA: We have two pedals. The clutch is on one of the steering wheel handles, but we only ouse it to engage first gear and start, we don't use it on shifting.

P:I'd like to know if you are going to be racing until you are 45, it wouldn't be the same F1 without you.

FA: I'll be racing while I feel competitive and able to win and help the team, I hope it to be for many years...

P:For how many hours are you in the car? why did you lose 15Km/h? Thanks

FA: We're on the car for many houts, I think. I've never counted but between tests, races and simulator there aren't many days in the year in which you are not testing something. We have a car with low top speed because we have a less efficient aero, than our rivals... for now!

P.How do you apload this, knowing me? I thought you eat a little more before the races, still looks good. (I guess a photo of FA race day menu is missing here)

FA: We always eat the same, same routine every race sunday, rice with vegetables, a bit of ham and fruit, normally 3 hours before the race

P: I love it, I feel you closer, What's on the head of a racing driver while in the box watching times?

FA: You have the times and splits of all the drivers, you can compare see where you0re losing and where you are winning, in teh meanwhile you are talking with your engineer what's the next set up change you'll try

P: What's your top speed on a Formula 1?

FA: 372km/h in Monza.

P: How do you feel having so many followers in so little time?

FA: Surprised, when I uploaded my first welcome video we had a four hour waiting between flights (to Australia) I had a bet with my manager and my trainer I was the most optimist telling them we would take the flight with 1000 followers, Four hours later we took the plane and I already had 39000, A big surprise, definitely.

P:I'd like to know how's the feeling before a start, just when the lights turn off. good luck and get them, nano!

FA: We have a sequence of synchronized movements of clutch acekeratirm shifting and kers memorized and an aproximated idea of where you want to enter the first corner, you don't have time to think outside this procedure...

P:I'd like to know something of the drivers of those faboulous trucks, I don't know anything about them.

FA: If youmean the team trucks drivers they are heavy workers They leave about a week before the race and upon arriving they build the motorhomes and prepare the boxes, when the rest of the team arrives everything is ready, as I said, heavy workers!

P:One question I'm curious about, what's your reaction time?

FA: an example, My reaction to the start semaphore, has been an average of 0.185 seconds, training we lower that a bit

P: Could you tell us how do you spend time while traveling?

FA: Books, games, cards, photos, friends...

P: How is being in a different place every day? You don't know if you're going up or down, do you?

FA: You get used to it, you're changing timezones, climate, manners, And on top of that Hotels! Many nights when I wake up I need ten seconds to remember where I am!

P:Now that you insist... What's that tatoo on your back? Looks like an "as de bastos" upside down! (for those of you that don't know the spanish deck of cards, look here: http://www.consultac...a/bastos_1.jpg)

FA: Every tattoo has a deep meaning in oneself, it would be meaningless otherwise, I don't consider it an aesthetic thing, is something that has to help you as a person. Everything I have tattoed in my body will be very meditated previously with a meaning and a precise location. maybe I will take a photo one day and show it to you. The meaning Ill keep it to my self, it's personal but always under one vow, Everything I carry will honour my family, those who are with me and those who are gone.

P: How many tweets are from Fernndo and how many from his community manager?

FA: All the message are mine, good or bad, be sure I won't let anyone write for me

P: I'd like to see some exclusive images that haven't been shown before, What do you see on the car? and inside the box?

FA: I'll try to show you something more from thel box..

P: Which dreams do you dream more often while you're sleeping?

FA: Usually something related with that day a bike ride, a football game...

P: Is it true that Renault didn't want to give you the F1 2006? Is it harder to be in F1 as a driver or as an engineer?

FA: It isn't true, The McLaren was the one I had to wait the most, but now we have them all, it's harder as a driver.

P:I'd like to know what cars do you have in your garage, But I guess it's too much to ask for, thanks!

FA: I have several cars, but I usually drive an Alfa Romeo Giuletta and a Maserati.

P:We'd like to know if you read us, I guess you are quite busy, good luck next weekend, Alonso!

FA: I read you as much as I can.

#13638 morals

morals

• 150 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:35

Plus some bonus I've found on fernandoalonso.com

P:¿Qué podemos hacer para ayudar a Ferrari a ganar?
FA: Ya hacéis todo lo que se puede hacer, apoyando en todo momento. Esa es, quizás, la mayor virtud de este equipo: vayan bien o mal las cosas, siempre permanece unido, contando además con el apoyo de seguidores de todo el planeta.

P: What can we do to help Ferrari win?
FA: YOu already do everything, helping everytime, it's maybe the biggest thing about this team, Good times or bad times we're always united, with the help of supporters around the globe

P: Me gustaría saber a qué se deben estos cambios después de 10 años. Twitter Facebook… Un abrazo XD

FA: Había una confusión importante e innecesaria en cuanto a dónde estaba, con quién o por qué durante los últimos meses. Todo el mundo se sentía con la libertad de decirlo (fuera cierto o no) y os confundía a vosotros, las personas que seguís mi carrera. Además, creo que es una forma divertida de utilizar las redes sociales. Es lo que yo veo yo durante mis entrenamientos y mis viajes, y a quien le parezca interesante, ahí lo tendrá..
También es cierto que Raquel del Rosario lleva mucho tiempo intentando convencerme. Ella sabe lo exigente y profesional que puede llegar a ser la vida de un piloto, y lo poco que en realidad se conoce de ella.

P: Why all these changes after 10 years (facebook, twitter)?

FA: there was an important and unnecessary confusion related to where I was, with whom or why in the last months, everybody felt free to tell it (being right or not) and that confused you, the people following my career, I think is a funny way to use the social networks, is what I see during my training, my travels, whoever thinks it's interesting will have it.

It's also true that Raquel del Rosario has been trying to convince me for a lot of time, She knows how demanding and professional the life of a racing driver can be and the little that is known about her.

P: ¿Quién elige las conversaciones que escuchamos por televisión? #forzaferrari
FA: Si no me equivoco, las elige el personal que trabaja en la FOM, que se encarga de las retransmisiones y luego pasa los cortes más interesantes a las televisiones.

P: who chooses the (radio) conversations we can hear on TV?
FA: If I'm not wrong, The FOM personel who work in broadcasting, and then they give the interesting ones to the TVs

Fernando, I would like to know How your life is outside F1. The cars you usually drive… Thanks
FA: I do sports, go to the cinema, stay with family… Normal things I guess…! I have some different cars to use, normally Maserati or Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

P: A cosa pensi mentresei in pista? Sei solo concentrato su tracciato evettura o hai un pensiero ricorrente? Grazie!!

FA: Dipende, normalmente pensi a la prossima curva, a farla un po’ più veloce che il ultimo giro che hai passato per quel punto. Ma e vero che in qualche test o qualche prova lunga pensi a che giorno faro questo o l’altro, devo fare visto al passaporto per prossimo viaggio… Cose anche molto normali!!

P: What are you thinking while in track? Just thinking on driving or is there a recurrent thought? Thanks
FA: it depends, usually I think about doing the next corner a little bit faster than the last lap but it's true that in some tests I think in (sorry, I can't understand that sentence) or if I have seen the passport for the next trip, very normal things!

P: Me parece cercano, que es lo importante en twitter. Me pregunto si te han hecho alguna pregunta q no te hayan hecho nunca.
FA: ¡Muchas! De hecho, algunas de las preguntas que estoy respondiendo ahora mismo es la primera vez que me las hace alguien.

P: I like how closer is twitter, I wonder if you have been asked a question you've never been asked before
FA: Many, in fact some of the questions I've been answering today never have been asked to me before

Me gusta lo que aportáis. Sobre todo me gustaría seguir comprobando que tu motivación se mantiene infinita.
FA: ¡¡Por eso no te preocupes!! ¡¡Gracias!!

P: I like what you are giving us, I'd like to know if your motivation is kept infinete
FA: Don't worry about that! Thanks!

P: ¿Podrías citar anécdotas que te hayan pasado con otros pilotos de F1?

FA: La verdad es que es con los compañeros de equipo con los que más anécdotas tienes, ya que compartimos mucho tiempo juntos. Pero… ¡casi todas son historias personales!

P: Could you tell us some anecdotes from other F1 drivers?
FA: You have a lot of anecdotes with your team mates, as we share a lot of time together, but almost all are personal

What’s your most satisfying overtaking move in F1? Where can I buy your trademark flat peak baseball cap??
FA: Overtaking move…the start in Barcelona 2011… That was close!!! The cap, I hope it will be

What is your favouritecard trick?
FA: Mmm… Invisible deck.

#13639 KirilVarbanov

KirilVarbanov

• 849 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37

MARCA has an article about Alonso's physical condition. In Spanish.

Advertisement

#13640 RacingReporter

RacingReporter

• 44 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:44

Google Translate makes a mess out of it. Someone care to translate?

#13641 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:52

MARCA has an article about Alonso's physical condition. In Spanish.

Says he is in really good shape, he did 1.364 watts in the Wingate test, while the world record is 1.799 watts done by the profesional cyclist Arnaud Tournant, who has this rather small legs:

Posted Image

:rotfl:

#13642 IceSkyrim

IceSkyrim

• 867 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:11

Says he is in really good shape, he did 1.364 watts in the Wingate test, while the world record is 1.799 watts done by the profesional cyclist Arnaud Tournant, who has this rather small legs:

Posted Image

:rotfl:

Fernando... Arnaud is more powerful that you... repeat you undertood the message...

#13643 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 14:28

Here is the correct translation to the Q&A on twitter with Fernando:

Cristian Garcia: “How good are you at cooking the Asturian bean stew?
FA: “The one my mother does is amazing! It was not something I liked that much, but now I miss it a lot.”

Ivan Ibarra: “I’d like to know if you take your Playstation with you when you travel to the various circuits?”

FA: “Of course” Especially when I travel outside Europe: I always have the Play and a computer with games…”

Marcos Huerta: I’d like to know what you felt when you took your first wins in karting and F1.”

FA: “To be honest, I don’t remember a thing about my first kart win: I was very little. As for F1, I was very happy and proud, because I knew it was something I’d remember for all my life.”

Sal Castaneda: “What are your favourite dishes in each country you visit?”
FA: “The team chefs usually prepare the same meals at every race weekend, wherever we happen to be: it’s a diet based on pasta, vegetables, meat, fish and fruit. Away from the track, we usually go to Japanese restaurants and that’s it: we are under control!”

Javier: “What can we do to help Ferrari win?”
FA: “You are already doing all you can by always giving your support. That is probably this team’s greatest strength: we are always united, in the good times and the bad and we can count on the support of our fans all over the world.”

Samuel Travieso: “I’d like to know why you changed your mind after ten years: Twitter, Facebook…”
FA: In recent months, there was a lot of confusion, completely unnecessary, regarding where I was and with whom and why. Everyone felt free to talk about it, even if it was not true and that was confusing for you fans who follow my career. On top of that, I think it is a fun way to use social networking. It is my point of view of what I see on my travels and when I’m training and anyone who is interested can read it. It’s also true that Raquel del Rosario tried for a long time to convince me to take this step: she knows how demanding and professional is the life of a driver and how little it is understood.”

Jose Sosa Canela: “I would like to know how the devil you manage to always be motivated, even in this situation when there is much to despair at…”
FA: “Every morning I wake up with the motivation and the will to win. I feel the same thing with all sports, races and games I play.”

Miguel Gordon: “I’d like to know if you’ll still be racing at 45? F1 will not be the same without you Fernando.”

FA: “I’ll carry on driving as long as I feel I’m competitive and capable of winning and helping the team. I hope that will be for a long time yet.”

Fabio Bonomo: “What do you think of when you’re on track?”

FA: “It depends, usually I’m thinking of the next corner, how to take it faster than on the previous lap. However, it’s true that at some tests or on a long run, I can think that some day I’ll do this or that, or that I need to sort a visa in my passport for the next trip… Really everyday things.”

Agustin Rodriguez: “What do you think of before the start?”
FA: “We have memorised a series of synchronised movements relating to the clutch, the accelerator, the gearbox, KERS, along with an idea about what line to take through the first corner. There’s no time to think of anything else.”

Manuel Navas Flores: “I’d like to know something about the truck drivers. I don’t know anything about them.”
FA: “If you mean those who drive the team trucks, they are really hard workers” They leave a week before the race and when they get to the track, they set up the motorhome and prepare the garage so that when the rest of the team arrives, everything is ready. Like I say, they are flat out!”

R. Castillo: “How many tweets are from Fernando and how many from the community manager?”

FA: “All the messages are mine, the nice ones and the horrible ones: I won’t let anyone else do it.”

Christian Garcia: “I’m curious, what is your reaction time to a stimulus?”
FA: “For example, if we take the traffic light at the start, the average last championship was around 185 thousandths. In training I can do it even quicker.”

Mag: “What have you got tattooed on your shoulder?”

FA: “Every tattoo represents something profound for a person and in a certain sense, it has no special significance. It’s not necessarily meant to be aesthetic, more it’s something that helps you as a person. I would pay great attention to everything that would be tattooed on my body, on its position and significance. To satisfy your curiosity, one day, I’ll take a photo of what’s there. However, the reason for it is something I’ll keep to myself as it’s very personal. The only thing I can say is that everything I have on my skin is and will be to honour my family, both past and present.”

#13644 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,786 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 14:29

Fernando Alonso ‏ @alo_oficial

In Madrid having lunch...my mother, Carlos Sainz and @carlosainz in @RBKSportsClub (reebok sports club). A lot of fun!

Posted Image

I never expected him to show a pic of his mom, I think this is the first time I saw her. Kudos for Carlos Sainz and his promising son.

#13645 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 14:39

I never expected him to show a pic of his mom, I think this is the first time I saw her. Kudos for Carlos Sainz and his promising son.

Me too and to say it... seems like Alonso getting into twitter changed his approach, he even said he may be taking a photo of his tattoo when a fan asked for it, he's now way more open to share his life, I like it :up:

I hope it won't cause him trouble tho, it would be a shame if he went back to his "private life mode" which is totally respectable, but i wouldn't like it

Also, about Carlos Sainz Jr, he once said that he could be the next F1 spanish star when asked by a journo

#13646 HPT

HPT

• 1,165 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 17:16

Me too and to say it... seems like Alonso getting into twitter changed his approach, he even said he may be taking a photo of his tattoo when a fan asked for it, he's now way more open to share his life, I like it :up:

I hope it won't cause him trouble tho, it would be a shame if he went back to his "private life mode" which is totally respectable, but i wouldn't like it

Also, about Carlos Sainz Jr, he once said that he could be the next F1 spanish star when asked by a journo

I think he's always been very private about his life because he knows how the media will twist everything and attempt to blow the smallest of thing into a sensational story. With Twitter he can actually share whatever he wants and he has full control over it, so he's more comfortable sharing his life with his fans. And also the fact that he got such positive response and so many followers in such a short time must be a boost too. Everybody wants to be loved and Alonso is no different.

#13647 crespo

crespo

• 502 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 19:49

VERY happy to see nando embracing twitter like he has. Defo one of the better driver twitter accounts, imo.

#13648 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 4,014 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 20:12

VERY happy to see nando embracing twitter like he has. Defo one of the better driver twitter accounts, imo.

I think so too. And most would have never expected it. Especially how the media portrays his disdain for all things media. He's doing an awesome job. Much more involved & personal than many, myself included thought he would be. Glad I was wrong. :up:

#13649 MaranelloSnowStorm

MaranelloSnowStorm

• 36 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 20:30

humble guy :love:

#13650 redbarron

redbarron

• 299 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:44

I agree. I know maybe i'm a bit biased being a Fernando fan, but his tweets so far have been fantastic. I hope this shows the haters that he might not be as bad as they make him out to be!