Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#13901 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,561 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 18:10

Those are a nice pair of shades

But seriously that's a cracking set of playstation 2 t-shirts  ;)

Advertisement

#13902 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 1,336 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 18:12

Posted Image

:love: :up:

Must be a old picture, I miss the tattoo on his back.

#13903 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,128 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 18:33

Posted Image

:love: :up:

From a woman's perspective that is a very nice pic. :D

#13904 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,972 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 18:38

From a woman's perspective that is a very nice pic. :D

LOL! And what does your Hubby think about this post.. :stoned: Just playing. :)

But seriously Fernando trains very hard as I'm sure many of the drivers do, and although we're not privy to everything said drivers do to train, it seems as though only Jenson is at the level of Fernando with training. Again I say "seems" because we don't know what all these drivers do. But take Malaysia for instance, Fernando flew there while most of the other drivers were still in Australia. He ran 20+ Km, played tennis for 2 hours and did something else I can't remember, maybe golf to get used to the climate. The fact he was there before others and training so hard, shows to me at least, why he is as good as he is. :up:

#13905 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,128 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 19:07

But seriously Fernando trains very hard as I'm sure many of the drivers do, and although we're not privy to everything said drivers do to train, it seems as though only Jenson is at the level of Fernando with training. Again I say "seems" because we don't know what all these drivers do. But take Malaysia for instance, Fernando flew there while most of the other drivers were still in Australia. He ran 20+ Km, played tennis for 2 hours and did something else I can't remember, maybe golf to get used to the climate. The fact he was there before others and training so hard, shows to me at least, why he is as good as he is. :up:

Point 1 no comment.  ;)

Fernando mentions his training in his tweets, thank goodness he doesn't just talk about that. No names mentioned but some drivers only seem to tweet about their training (or thats how it seems to me). I'm no expert on fitness training. But it is obvious that he works out very hard. When I met him I could tell that he was fit though.  ;) I stress it was when I got his autograph so it wasn't that I met him properly.

#13906 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 20:57

Yeah, I saw this segment back in 06 when he and Schumi were going for the title, and they showed their respective training in the buildup to the fly aways.
Schumacher was always the benchmark with regards to fitness, but I don't think Laonso is that far away. In fact, apart from him, I would say Alonso's regime looks very impressive it seems.

#13907 mknight

mknight

• 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 21:51

Point 1 no comment. ;)

Fernando mentions his training in his tweets, thank goodness he doesn't just talk about that. No names mentioned but some drivers only seem to tweet about their training (or thats how it seems to me).

Heikki Kovalainen...that's all he tweets about.

#13908 Wolfie

Wolfie

• 1,330 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 21:56

Drivers also have individual differences, this shows one of the differences between Alonso and Hamilton:

Turun Sanomat

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Health guru Aki Hintsa put especially Lewis Hamilton in stitch under extremely hard conditions.

- The heat created a bigger problem for Lewis than it did for any other driver I've worked with before, Hintsa confessed to Turun Sanomat.

- On Friday Lewis hardly made it through the 2nd practice. He was completely beat. I told him to learn his lesson, because he didn't believe what I said to him earlier.

- I did some special things just for Lewis. We made up a specific schedule that we followed hour by hour before the race. It was about how he should prepare himself and how he had to drink the way his sweating requires, Hintsa told.

- We measured everything on Friday and Saturday. We get more and more all kinds of data.

The winner Fernando Alonso did not require as big efforts from Hintsa as Hamilton did.

- Metabolically Fernando and Lewis are completely different. Fernando lost 800 grams during the Malaysian GP whereas Lewis lost 2,8 kg, Hintsa said.

#13909 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 22:14

- Metabolically Fernando and Lewis are completely different. Fernando lost 800 grams during the Malaysian GP whereas Lewis lost 2,8 kg, Hintsa said.

Everytime those news from Fernando come out I tend to think more and more that Alonso is not from this planet :rotfl:

#13910 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 6,476 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 19:39

Drivers also have individual differences, this shows one of the differences between Alonso and Hamilton:

My respect for Lewis has just gone up considerably after reading that. :up:

#13911 CrucialXtreme

CrucialXtreme

• 3,972 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 19:53

Everytime those news from Fernando come out I tend to think more and more that Alonso is not from this planet :rotfl:

Well there's that, :p and the fact Fernando trains harder than Lewis. He did for Malaysia anyway. Fernando got to Sepang and started his routine with Edoardo. They said back in Malaysia that Fernando had lost somewhere in the range of 4-6 kg during said race before. Ever since then they have taken steps to help Fernando not lose as much weight during the GP. I'm not taking anything away from Lewis, most men would fail in the situation he was in, much less drive an F1 car. I'm only saying that Fernando didn't lose as much weight because he & his trainer anticipated it better and took adequate steps to prevent that much loss.

#13912 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 20:52

See, this is what I mean. His fitness is up there with Schumi, IMO. No surprises he excels at the humid and hot races like Bahrain, Malaysia and Singapore.
And SirRacer I kinda think the same at times.

#13913 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,522 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:49

I hate to be the one that comes here with this kind of stuff, mostly because I'm not neutral, but he push all the right buttons everytime. The perfect team leader.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99291

#13914 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:02

I hate to be the one that comes here with this kind of stuff, mostly because I'm not neutral, but he push all the right buttons everytime. The perfect team leader.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99291

:up: HE IS!!!

#13915 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,114 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 18:59

Fernando really likes wierd camera angles as the magician he is!

Twitter vid: http://yfrog.com/jn80790236z

#13916 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,128 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 19:02

Fernando really likes wierd camera angles as the magician he is!

Twitter vid: http://yfrog.com/jn80790236z

I've just seen it. Has he managed to put one on the right way round yet? :lol:

It makes me laugh. I love it. :clap:

#13917 Richard T

Richard T

• 1,114 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 19:04

I've just seen it. Has he managed to put one on the right way round yet? :lol:

It makes me laugh. I love it. :clap:

It's just what he does ;)

Fernando Alonso ‏ @alo_oficial 4m
Quien pensaba que el video no iba a estar boca abajo ??;))) Who thought that the video was not upside down ??;)))) #videosdiferentes

Edited by Richard T, 02 May 2012 - 19:05.

#13918 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 19:53

As you know I'm an Alonso fan, but the cynic in me says that one reason of why he is using the Twitter thing is because he fully understood the business F1 is, and by being an accessible champion, he has a higher chance of rules, events, and X factors that we suspect there are in F1, go in his favor, credit to Mr. 'I like accessible WDCs' Ecclestone.
Not to say he's being fake, as someone pointed earlier, we Spaniards always got to watch that side of him. In fact, it traditionally has been an arguing point in this forum that he wasn't portrayed fairly in every country. But I don't buy that he started doing that for the lies in the media thing.

#13919 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 19:57

When I saw he posted a new video I thought.... It's gonna be upside down... voilà hahah

Advertisement

#13920 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,561 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 20:01

As you know I'm an Alonso fan, but the cynic in me says that one reason of why he is using the Twitter thing is because he fully understood the business F1 is, and by being an accessible champion, he has a higher chance of rules, events, and X factors that we suspect there are in F1, go in his favor, credit to Mr. 'I like accessible WDCs' Ecclestone.
Not to say he's being fake, as someone pointed earlier, we Spaniards always got to watch that side of him. In fact, it traditionally has been an arguing point in this forum that he wasn't portrayed fairly in every country. But I don't buy that he started doing that for the lies in the media thing.

So what you're saying is he divorced his wife and created a media storm of lies about where he was, what he was doing, who he was seeing, around his personal life so that he could use it as an excuse to join twitter? Am I right? :stoned:

Vettel doesn't have twitter by the way.

Edited by RedOne, 02 May 2012 - 20:05.

#13921 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,561 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 20:02

It's just what he does ;)

:rotfl: Brilliant! :up:

Edited by RedOne, 02 May 2012 - 20:03.

#13922 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 21:17

So what you're saying is he divorced his wife and created a media storm of lies about where he was, what he was doing, who he was seeing, around his personal life so that he could use it as an excuse to join twitter? Am I right? :stoned:

Vettel doesn't have twitter by the way.

Yeah but he was in media storms before, even sueing antena 3. Anyway no need to get defensive, just my hypothesis.

But Vettel makes those unfunny, cliche jokes everywhere, so he was perceived as accessible and warm.

Edited by prty, 02 May 2012 - 21:19.

#13923 RedOne

RedOne

• 1,561 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 21:37

Yeah but he was in media storms before, even sueing antena 3. Anyway no need to get defensive, just my hypothesis.

But Vettel makes those unfunny, cliche jokes everywhere, so he was perceived as accessible and warm.

That's not me getting defensive but fair enough if that's what you believe.

#13924 prty

prty

• 5,161 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 21:49

That's not me getting defensive but fair enough if that's what you believe.

I don't believe it, just trying to see if stuff fits when viewed from another perspective.

#13925 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,522 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:07

Oh wow, 51 questions, that will be entertaining to read, I hope they translated the Q&A to english too. I wonder why he can't figure how to take videos with the iphone in the right way?, it's pretty simple,

#13926 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,116 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:28

Wow that would be a bit late hey! After 10 years he finally understood it? No the Twitter account was made because of all the lies. Definitely! Whatever the media outlets come up with now he can just simply show it isn't true (when it comes to location etc).

But the cynic in me does ask the question to why he wants to keep so much in the dark. He's also not always very clear in his tweets to what his location may be. He can even lie about it very easily that way. And last but not least it's very clear that his PR department has hinted this way too for all kinds of reasons...

So that's it. And don't come back with the divorce thing every time people... The poor boy is still not over the heartbreak his ex-wife and 'love of his life' gave him, when she decided to divorce him and start something with her professional photographer, who she was already dating before... Things can look different from the outside ;)

Edited by Smile17, 03 May 2012 - 06:32.

#13927 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 14:30

No the Twitter account was made because of all the lies.

:) And Raquel played a big part in THIS......

#13928 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 14:43

Oh wow, 51 questions, that will be entertaining to read, I hope they translated the Q&A to english too. I wonder why he can't figure how to take videos with the iphone in the right way?, it's pretty simple,

He joked about people not expecting an upside down video that time, so I'm pretty sure now hes doing it on purpose :rotfl:

#13929 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 14:43

:) And Raquel played a big part in THIS......

Shes who convinced him basically.. :clap:

I even tweeted her saying thanks :p

Edited by SirRacer, 03 May 2012 - 14:43.

#13930 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 15:00

Posted Image

Un saluto da @alo_oficial! Greetings from @alo_oficial! :)

#13931 ed24f1

ed24f1

• 971 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 15:06

Nice photo of Alonso and Massa together as well;

http://t.co/hXIPLo4g
"Tenemos visita especial hoy en el box.. Special visit today in the garage..."

I've already seen one comment criticising Alonso for calling Massa a visitor in what is basically his own garage, I guess you can't win on Twitter sometimes.

#13932 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 15:21

I've already seen one comment criticising Alonso for calling Massa a visitor in what is basically his own garage, I guess you can't win on Twitter sometimes.

Posted Image

#13933 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 16:51

since germany 2010 , massa knew already that this is not his team anymore and after 2011 , he knows that he needs amiracle to stay in ferrari beyond 2012

#13934 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:22

"Tenemos visita especial hoy en el box.. Special visit today in the garage..."

:lol: I don't know what's wrong with that comment. It was supposed to be Alonso's testing day and Massa showed up so Alonso said joking he had a "visitor", actually it looks to me as a sign of affection from Alonso to Massa.

It's as when I returned home earlier than I should and my parents told me "we got visit today" and stuff like that.

#13935 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 19:52

FA:" First of all, I want to put everyone’s mind at rest, my family and friends: I’m fine, no harm done after hitting the crash barrier at seven kilometres an hour,”

:lol:

#13936 IFRLIceman

IFRLIceman

• 268 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 21:26

Fernando Alonso makes ~$3 million a race according to this interesting article:

http://espn.go.com/e...e-espn-magazine

#13937 mknight

mknight

• 101 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 21:39

Fernando Alonso makes ~$3 million a race according to this interesting article:

http://espn.go.com/e...e-espn-magazine

If the reported figure is true, I'm surprised how (relatively speaking) low it is compared to his predecessors Schumacher and Kimi. Saying that though, the no.1 Ferrari seat has been the highest paying one on the grid for well over a decade now. Alonso's might just be a reflection of the economic climate.

Edited by mknight, 03 May 2012 - 21:40.

#13938 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:35

Q&A is up now. In english :) and it looks like they are going to split it in 2 or 3 parts but for now we have 20+ answers.

http://www.fernandoa...ra-de-vosotros/

#13939 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,522 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:42

Pretty good Q&A, can't wait for part 2.

Did you know that I collect all my grid mates’ helmets?

:eek: really?, that's pretty cool.

I think I prefer grass to marbles.

Shame on you Pirelli, you and your marbles.

Do you still share the money you win after a victory with your mechanics?

Yes, I think it´s fair to share with those who have helped you to get on the podium or win a race. It would be unfair for me to take all the credit.

So he keeps his tradition from the Renault days, very cool.

Very true words about Massa and Stefano.

Advertisement

#13940 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect

• 4,837 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:35

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99339

When asked about Domenicali's situation, and whether it would be better to have someone like Flavio Briatore in charge, Alonso said: "Stefano's work is fantastic in every sense and I can't think of anyone better than him.

"As I explained before, it only takes one race to pass from criticism to praise. I'm very good friends with Flavio and we talk frequently. He's one of the most intelligent people I've ever met."

:drunk: Now, my impression of Flav has been formed from following F1 and a film called The Four Year Plan about his time as part owner of QPR, I certainly didn't get 'intelligent' from him. Ignorant, indecisive and a bully yes, but intelligent no.

#13941 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 13:18

:drunk: Now, my impression of Flav has been formed from following F1 and a film called The Four Year Plan about his time as part owner of QPR, I certainly didn't get 'intelligent' from him. Ignorant, indecisive and a bully yes, but intelligent no.

That much was obvious, but why would he say anything else about his former boss?

#13942 mknight

mknight

• 101 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 15:00

That much was obvious, but why would he say anything else about his former boss?

...and current manager!

I'm inclined to believe that, personality aside, he is a pretty capable person. The way he lead a team comparatively small team like Renault to championship glory was indeed impressive.

Edited by mknight, 04 May 2012 - 15:02.

#13943 tommyhjortasen

tommyhjortasen

• 587 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 17:48

Back to the real world folks. My tip is that Fernando finish third in the WDC standings this year. Any bets?

#13944 Pamphlet

Pamphlet

• 414 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 17:52

Back to the real world folks. My tip is that Fernando finish third in the WDC standings this year. Any bets?

Sixth at best. RB, Macca and Lotus all have better cars. Merc is highly questionable and I doubt they'll fix their tyre management issues in time (that is, before anyone gets a hold of their precious W-duct, especially now that it's rumored that Ferrari may be the first to copy them) so Alonso should be able to use his current lead and Ferrari's apparent progress to stay ahead. I can also see Grosjean, Webber or Raikkonen underperforming.

Edited by Pamphlet, 04 May 2012 - 17:59.

#13945 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 17:54

...and current manager!

His manager is Luis García Abad.

#13946 mknight

mknight

• 101 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 18:53

His manager is Luis García Abad.

I should have been more clear, he's part of Flavio's management company which also has Webber and Heikki.

#13947 Creepy

Creepy

• 582 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 19:57

Disagree. He achieved big success during some years. I don't think you do that by luck or just money. Actually, I don't think you even get the money by luck. Alonso's words are pretty reasonable.

Edited by Creepy, 04 May 2012 - 20:01.

#13948 crespo

crespo

• 486 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 20:10

Haven't seen it, but use caution when using a documentary to make an opinion - it's all too easy to discretely twist a fact or two to make things fit certain agendas (like making Flav look like a fool) ...[see "Bowling for Columbine" as proof].

I could be well off base, but since watching BfC I've been hesitant to form any kind of opinion strictly based on documentaries.

#13949 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:48

Disagree. He achieved big success during some years. I don't think you do that by luck or just money. Actually, I don't think you even get the money by luck. Alonso's words are pretty reasonable.

In Briatore's case he got some of it due to multiple acts of fraud and somehow avoiding prison despite criminal convictions for them.
Being a crook doesn't preclude him being highly intelligent, of course.

#13950 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,522 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:27

A lot of stuff on the latest Scuderia Racing News, including a new interview :)