Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#14351 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:27

I'm really not a fan of the guy but I think you'd have to be a deluded fanboy to deny that Alonso is the best in the world at what he does right now. He managed to pick up great points in a bad car and now the car is great I really think the rest of the pack needs to be very afraid.

sure.. he is clearly driving the 4th fastest car on the grid.
I'm not a deluded fan, and i disagree with you..  ;)

Advertisement

#14352 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:29

I'm really not a fan of the guy but I think you'd have to be a deluded fanboy to deny that Alonso is the best in the world at what he does right now.

Right now? Haven´t you heard about that Vettel guy? :wave:

#14353 puxanando

puxanando

• 3,538 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:32

Fernando leading the championship. :clap: :clap: :clap:

We have now a very good real chance I think!!!

#14354 sumpthy

sumpthy

• 290 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 18:37

Little German fella? He's great and all but Alonso is on another level.

#14355 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:11

Yea I heard he loved blown diffusers

#14356 EvanRainer

EvanRainer

• 1,364 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:13

Alonso is not THAT far ahead above everyone else but he has always been the best all around driver. It's just a bit more obvious this season with the work he is doing.

Vettel is there with the speed and consistency and racecraft and Hamilton is up there in one lap speed but no one matches Fernando in overall package, development and getting the most out of any car he is thrown in.

#14357 revlec

revlec

• 2,721 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:16

Alonso is not THAT far ahead above everyone else but he has always been the best all around driver. It's just a bit more obvious this season with the work he is doing.

Vettel is there with the speed and consistency and racecraft and Hamilton is up there in one lap speed but no one matches Fernando in overall package, development and getting the most out of any car he is thrown in.

You mean like nursing his tyres knowing that MAS anyway will not try a dive like WEB will do with VET or BUT with HAM?
ALO has this big advantage and i think you all should account this when you rate his top performances.

#14358 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:20

Alonso´s the best driver so far this season, but I think Vettel is already a better driver nowadays.

#14359 Skellen

Skellen

• 513 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:24

Alonso´s the best driver so far this season, but I think Vettel is already a better driver nowadays.

And why you think so?

Advertisement

#14360 CF22

CF22

• 388 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:25

It could have gone both ways. Alonso could have hit the cliff, a safety car could come out, or major sh*t could have happened.

Agreed, hindsight is 20/20 but with Monaco many things can go wrong, it's better to stay safe. A win would've been nice, but the outcome is as imagined after qualifying. Nice to stay in front of Vettel who at a point was looking for the win with the rain and the tire gamble. It's good to be leading the WDC, consistency it what is needed this year; I'm scared about the upcoming races though.

#14361 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:26

And why you think so?

Because I think he has more ultimate pace and has already stopped doing mistakes.

#14362 aray

aray

• 2,707 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:28

You mean like nursing his tyres knowing that MAS anyway will not try a dive like WEB will do with VET or BUT with HAM?
ALO has this big advantage and i think you all should account this when you rate his top performances.

dude,see for the past three years how many times massa managed to place himself behind alonso and compared that data with that of BUT and WEB wrt their team-mates...you will see the picture...you have to earn that privilege by completely outperforming your team-mate...your Lewis certainly didn't managed to do that much in the past 3 years... :smoking:

as for your race reading is concerned,it is crap....that much is certain when i saw you claiming that ferrari should have let massa to pass...i think after alonso trumped lewis in the pit-stop,you got heavy ego-burn... :cool:

#14363 CF22

CF22

• 388 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:29

Really?

#14364 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:36

Because I think he has more ultimate pace and has already stopped doing mistakes.

Why do you think Vettel has more pace?

#14365 PoleMan

PoleMan

• 1,563 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:38

Exactly correct! NOT! :down: :down:

And to add evidence to your logic, just look at Jenson and Heikki. In a far superior car, Jenson just blew his doors off! :kiss:

Edited by PoleMan, 27 May 2012 - 19:38.

#14366 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:39

I didnt have this in mind when i made my comment. :well:

#14367 muelte

muelte

• 521 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:42

This is Monaco, you can nurse your tyres knowing the driver behind you will not be able to pass you, no matter if it is your teammate or not. Did Vettel even try a move over Alonso with his fresh supersoft tyres?

#14368 ASFA2011

ASFA2011

• 298 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:44

Vettel has better race pace than Alonso ? In what parallel universe ?
Alonso would have been able to make enough time to come out in the lead if he was in Vettel position today

#14369 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:45

Why do you think Vettel has more pace?

IMO he´s simply the fastest guy on the grid. He was too clumsy sometimes but he´s no longer, he´s got a good head now. I think he´s the best right now, no problem if you don´t agree, it´s just my view.

#14370 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:50

IMO he´s simply the fastest guy on the grid. He was too clumsy sometimes but he´s no longer, he´s got a good head now. I think he´s the best right now, no problem if you don´t agree, it´s just my view.

But surely something must make you believe that no? what is it?

I can tell you that for example, this season, Webber outqualifyed Vettel 4-2

#14371 ASFA2011

ASFA2011

• 298 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 19:59

EBD boy ain't the fastest driver in F1 right now , merely a decent driver

#14372 Mackey

Mackey

• 1,405 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:37

IMO he´s simply the fastest guy on the grid.

A guy named Mark who drives the same car disagrees with you.

#14373 bmardini

bmardini

• 326 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:37

EBD boy ain't the fastest driver in F1 right now , merely a decent driver

True dat. Vettel was easily the best at driving an EBD car - credit where its due.

Anyway back to FA

He just seems like he's in the best place these days, mind is clear, seems relaxed, controlled aggression on track, patient, and obviously bloody fast. Its like Ferrari was made for him and he was made for Ferrari. This is a team that congeals around one driver. They did it with Gilles, with Schumacher and now Fernando. They did briefly with Felipe (2008, 2009) but I think Ferrari is such a demanding shop that if you're not the best, you're out.

I'm really happy though that Felipe drove a very good race. Provided none of the main contenders are ahead of them, I think it would be good if he could place ahead of FA for a race, give him some momentum...

#14374 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:49

The best warrior is not the one that always win, but the one that always return to the battlefield without fear... #CanadaAlo

Love him

Edited by SirRacer, 27 May 2012 - 20:50.

#14375 Showty

Showty

• 1,268 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:53

Which of the top 6 drivers today tryied a dive on the car ahead of him?

Vettel was on fresh supersoft tyres and couldn´t even think about a move on Fernando, while he was on 20 laps older soft tyres.

It was impossible to overtake on track, and also the closer u were to the car ahead of u the sooner u will destroy your tyres.

Alonso read that, so he stole Hamilton´s position on an amazing movement, everybody else could had tryed that, they didn´t, Rosberg could have won, he didn´t although he thought he had the fastest car, that proves Fernando is a step ahead on reading these kind of special situations.

#14376 pottiella

pottiella

• 342 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 20:59

I've always tried to be an objective fan of F1, being a fan of Alonso; and I was one of those that said of Vettel 'that boy is going to be a world champion one day' the day he first stepped into an F1 car alongside other F1 drivers, on Turkey free practice in 2006 where he beat Alonso and Schumacher who were fighting for the championship.

HOWEVER, I still don't think he's a better driver than Alonso...he's outright faster, and in fact much as I don't like Lewis as a driver, especially in 2007, I still admitted and even now still believe he's also a faster driver than Alonso - outright.

But that doesn't make a better driver. In fact, I believe Vettel is a better driver than Lewis...I think Webber is on par with Jenson...the former two are faster than the latter two, but the latter two are more 'all round' than Lewis...not Vettel (who I think will continue to improve in that 'all round' department'.

Alonso sits between the former two and the latter two on pace...it was clear even in 2006 that Schumacher was a FASTER driver, but not a BETTER driver than Alonso...just more experienced, and Alonso showed he was on par in 'completeness' and getting better with maturity.

But Alonso is outright the best all round driver on that grid, and pretty much everyone in F1 either believes and admits to it, or is on the fence but certainly wouldn't deny he's an equal best. The red bulls admit it, Ross Brawn has always been vocal about it, most of the drivers admit it...and its because he's always 'there'.

Today was a prime example of why he's the best driver out there.

Knowing he couldn't overtake, he held back in those first set of laps, holding everyone up, Massa right up against him - he looked the slowest. Everyone else was driving pretty pacy to to build a gap. He then sniffs the pitstops and Lewis' pace, and starts putting in consistent 19.1s which was the fastest laps at the time to get right up against Lewis, and jumped him just by looking after his tyres he managed to continue creating purple sector times. And its a shame that we all see he could have jumped Webber and Rosberg too just on that tyre management.

Aside from the fact later in the race he kept ebbing and flowing his pace to manage the tyres, just on that first stint of the race was smart thinking on his part - thinking about the bigger picture and never about being the fastest.

Vettel is also decent at tyre management, that is true, and that's why I think he's the second best on the grid right now - but I don't think he'll ever be as refined as Alonso who is the smartest driver in a long long time.

I mean come on - it pains me to realise this could have been his 5th title he'd be fighting for - 2007 was part his own fault I admit...he was too caught up and distracted (though if the pit stop rule during safety car that got thrown out the following year wasnt there in Canada, he would have won the title) 2008 and 2009 he was in a dog of a car yet still brought in consistent top 8 performances; 2010 he would have won the title with the 3rd best car if Ferrari hadn't botched up his pitstop...2011 was a worse car and he was in touching distance of 2nd and 3rd place...and 2012 the Ferrari is still I believe the 4th quickest car in a race, and 5th in qualifying and he's leading the championship.

NOBODY can do that year in and year out; not get frustrated where Vettel easily does, and is always in the hunt.

There is no better driver right no, and every argument against it will fall over because his entire career since 2005 speaks for themselves. And how many times have you watched him finish out of the points or even have a DNF since 2005?

#14377 TeamMacca

TeamMacca

• 534 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:02

I think Lewis is the fastest driver in F1 but for me Fernando is the best driver in F1.

I think he will win it this year.

#14378 TeamMacca

TeamMacca

• 534 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:07

I think Lewis is the fastest driver in F1 but for me Fernando is the best driver in F1.

#14379 kar

kar

• 10,308 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:21

I seem to recall moaning about cruise and collect Alonso.

Seems like a damn good strategy to me now. An amazing drive once again.

Advertisement

#14380 LH08WDC

LH08WDC

• 570 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 21:25

Brilliant job once again by Fernando. Doing beyond outstanding to be leading the championship.

#14381 fabr68

fabr68

• 3,963 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 22:09

Well, today there were three drivers with more ultimate pace than Vettel :cool:

#14382 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,391 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 22:21

Well, today there were three drivers with more ultimate pace than Vettel :cool:

Vettel was as fast on new primes as leaders on new options. As fast on used primes as leaders on new primes. Then he couldn´t use his new options, guess what he could have done.

Sure, starting in 9th is his responsability, but using today´s race to dismiss Vettel´s race pace isn´t very wise, considering that he was probably the fastest thing around town.

And, by the way, there´s no need to be butthurt everytime someone doesn´t consider Alonso the best driver on the grid. :wave: It´s not as if there´s Alonso and 23 monkeys on the grid -reading this thread sometimes looks like it-, there are at least 5 top drivers on the grid, all of them extremely matched. And, in my opinion, Vettel is the best now.

#14383 AyrtonSauna

AyrtonSauna

• 429 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 22:45

I've always tried to be an objective fan of F1, being a fan of Alonso; and I was one of those that said of Vettel 'that boy is going to be a world champion one day' the day he first stepped into an F1 car alongside other F1 drivers, on Turkey free practice in 2006 where he beat Alonso and Schumacher who were fighting for the championship.

HOWEVER, I still don't think he's a better driver than Alonso...he's outright faster, and in fact much as I don't like Lewis as a driver, especially in 2007, I still admitted and even now still believe he's also a faster driver than Alonso - outright.

But that doesn't make a better driver. In fact, I believe Vettel is a better driver than Lewis...I think Webber is on par with Jenson...the former two are faster than the latter two, but the latter two are more 'all round' than Lewis...not Vettel (who I think will continue to improve in that 'all round' department'.

Alonso sits between the former two and the latter two on pace...it was clear even in 2006 that Schumacher was a FASTER driver, but not a BETTER driver than Alonso...just more experienced, and Alonso showed he was on par in 'completeness' and getting better with maturity.

But Alonso is outright the best all round driver on that grid, and pretty much everyone in F1 either believes and admits to it, or is on the fence but certainly wouldn't deny he's an equal best. The red bulls admit it, Ross Brawn has always been vocal about it, most of the drivers admit it...and its because he's always 'there'.

Today was a prime example of why he's the best driver out there.

Knowing he couldn't overtake, he held back in those first set of laps, holding everyone up, Massa right up against him - he looked the slowest. Everyone else was driving pretty pacy to to build a gap. He then sniffs the pitstops and Lewis' pace, and starts putting in consistent 19.1s which was the fastest laps at the time to get right up against Lewis, and jumped him just by looking after his tyres he managed to continue creating purple sector times. And its a shame that we all see he could have jumped Webber and Rosberg too just on that tyre management.

Aside from the fact later in the race he kept ebbing and flowing his pace to manage the tyres, just on that first stint of the race was smart thinking on his part - thinking about the bigger picture and never about being the fastest.

Vettel is also decent at tyre management, that is true, and that's why I think he's the second best on the grid right now - but I don't think he'll ever be as refined as Alonso who is the smartest driver in a long long time.

I mean come on - it pains me to realise this could have been his 5th title he'd be fighting for - 2007 was part his own fault I admit...he was too caught up and distracted (though if the pit stop rule during safety car that got thrown out the following year wasnt there in Canada, he would have won the title) 2008 and 2009 he was in a dog of a car yet still brought in consistent top 8 performances; 2010 he would have won the title with the 3rd best car if Ferrari hadn't botched up his pitstop...2011 was a worse car and he was in touching distance of 2nd and 3rd place...and 2012 the Ferrari is still I believe the 4th quickest car in a race, and 5th in qualifying and he's leading the championship.

NOBODY can do that year in and year out; not get frustrated where Vettel easily does, and is always in the hunt.

There is no better driver right no, and every argument against it will fall over because his entire career since 2005 speaks for themselves. And how many times have you watched him finish out of the points or even have a DNF since 2005?

Great post but I have to disagree on that bold part.Alonso's tyres were too worn to be able to sustain that amazing pace for 1 more lap.He got so much out of those 1st set of tyres by taking care of them in the early stages and then brilliantly flogging them to death in order to jump Lewis in a space of 4 or 5 laps that the tyres would have "fallen over the cliff" if he had done another lap.He would have ended up behind not only Webber and Rosberg but also Hamillton which means he would have also ultimately ended up behind Vettel aswell and maybe even Massa.

#14384 pottiella

pottiella

• 342 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 23:04

Great post but I have to disagree on that bold part.Alonso's tyres were too worn to be able to sustain that amazing pace for 1 more lap.He got so much out of those 1st set of tyres by taking care of them in the early stages and then brilliantly flogging them to death in order to jump Lewis in a space of 4 or 5 laps that the tyres would have "fallen over the cliff" if he had done another lap.He would have ended up behind not only Webber and Rosberg but also Hamillton which means he would have also ultimately ended up behind Vettel aswell and maybe even Massa.

Maybe, maybe not - but I wouldn't have even made the comment had Fernando not said it, and the team don't insinuate. Fernando tends to underplay his chances, so for him to say so resolutely indicates to me he felt it...whether he would or not have, well I can speak for myself that I'm glad he didn't take that gamble - he got the best result within the window of great strategy and safety.

Hey, I'm just chuffed that for the next 3 weeks I can enjoy the comfort of Alonso leading the championship fair and square, especially after such a competitive race where he made up places - it's nice to see after such lowered expectations at the beginning of the year :cool:

Come what may in the rest of the season - but an Alonso pumped is an Alonso dangerous :)

#14385 rsaca

rsaca

• 351 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 00:50

:up:

Alonso is by far my favorite driver, so I want to be as neutral as possible.

Nevertheless, I agree Hamilton or Vettel might be faster than him, but they're not better. Alonso is much more complete and more intelligent. He knows how to control races and consistently outdrives the car in a way I hadn't seen in a long while.

I'm just glad he's with Ferrari and I hope he wins more titles.

#14386 CF22

CF22

• 388 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 00:57

Alonso is much more complete and more intelligent. He knows how to control races and consistently outdrives the car in a way I hadn't seen in a long while.

Definitely, from the start of the race he was planning his move on Hamilton. People on the Monaco GP called it a train, but that was pretty cool how he came ahead of Lewis.

#14387 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:01

He knows how to control races and consistently outdrives the car in a way I hadn't seen in a long while.

Its very impressive, each and every race.

#14388 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:02

Definitely, from the start of the race he was planning his move on Hamilton. People on the Monaco GP called it a train, but that was pretty cool how he came ahead of Lewis.

Alonso completely fooled Hamilton today.

Great Monaco 'victory' by Alonso by finishing ahead of his two championship rivals.

#14389 SirRacer

SirRacer

• 1,162 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:07

I don't agree with those saying Hamilton and Vettel are faster than him.

If I'm not wrong it was 8-9 to Hamilton in qualifying and 10-7 in races to Alonso in 2007 in McLaren. This makes me believe that overall Fernando was faster.

Vettel is being beated by Webber in qualifying this year, 4-2 so far.

There's no reason to believe Alonso is any slower than them.

Edited by SirRacer, 28 May 2012 - 10:23.

#14390 F1Johnny

F1Johnny

• 5,541 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:18

Excellent drive by Alonso. He's the safest pair of hands out there, but most impressive is how he is strategizing his championship attack which also boosts the team and keeps them engaged. He's the most shrewd driver on the grid.

Not a fan of the guy but he is doing the best job out there now, no question. Very impressed with Vettel too who makes few mistakes and is very very fast and aggressive.

#14391 discover23

discover23

• 4,142 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:34

I don't agree with those saying Hamilton and Vettel are faster than him.

If I'm not wrong it was 8-9 to Hamilton in qualifying and 10-7 to Alonso in 2007 in McLaren. This makes me believe that overall Fernando was faster.

Vettel is being beated by Webber in qualifying this year, 4-2 so far.

There's no reason to believe Alonso is any slower than them.

This is exactly how i feel, there is zero evidence to suggest Lewis or Vettel are faster, it is just an assumption.

#14392 AyrtonSauna

AyrtonSauna

• 429 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:51

Not everyone knows how Alonso thinks during a race,but you definately do. :up:

He also loves the added pressure of competing against Raikkonen in a fast car again to prove even more that Ferrari's decision to go in favour of Alonso over Kimi was the right one.

#14393 AdHoc

AdHoc

• 223 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:52

People tend to say "Alonso is not the fastest, but the best overall".

Come on people, show a little more science, this is beyond foolishness, it doesn't work like that.

#14394 barneyrubble

barneyrubble

• 82 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:20

People tend to say "Alonso is not the fastest, but the best overall".

Come on people, show a little more science, this is beyond foolishness, it doesn't work like that.

Yep, I am also sick of this absurd mantra. Speed is the key and if he was not at least as fast as anyone else, he would not be the driver he is because every success in F1 relies fundamentally on speed. You can be as consistent as a computer, but without amazing speed, you will not get the results. I never understand where this myth about Alonso lacking speed originated from considering he has shown nothing , absolutely nothing other than blistering speed his entire career, and clearly outpaced all his team mates other than Hamilton.

#14395 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,927 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:49

Yep, I am also sick of this absurd mantra. Speed is the key and if he was not at least as fast as anyone else, he would not be the driver he is because every success in F1 relies fundamentally on speed. You can be as consistent as a computer, but without amazing speed, you will not get the results. I never understand where this myth about Alonso lacking speed originated from considering he has shown nothing , absolutely nothing other than blistering speed his entire career, and clearly outpaced all his team mates other than Hamilton.

You *can* be a bit down on the ultimate one lap speed, and still be more consistent at this slightly lower level. The source for the "myth" is Alonso himself, who said in an interview (and in fact on at least two occasions if memory serves well) something along the lines of "I may not be the fastest over one lap, but I am the most consistent".

#14396 barneyrubble

barneyrubble

• 82 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:02

You *can* be a bit down on the ultimate one lap speed, and still be more consistent at this slightly lower level. The source for the "myth" is Alonso himself, who said in an interview (and in fact on at least two occasions if memory serves well) something along the lines of "I may not be the fastest over one lap, but I am the most consistent".

This myth existed before Alonso's modest words. Surely real world results would take priority over anyones opinion? Where is the evidence that Alonso's one lap pace is questionable? I can only see confirmation of how strong it is.

Matched Trulli, despite being very inexperienced. And Hamilton.
Destroyed, Fisichella, Massa, Piquet, Grosjean

#14397 HPT

HPT

• 1,171 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:07

I'm not going to argue with him over what he said, maybe he truly believes it or maybe he was being humble but that wasn't how this 'myth' started. It all started back in 2005 when the whole world and his dog believed that Kimi was the fastest man in F1 due to the rocketship he was driving. Many stuck to that believe - and this is in a field with Schumacher still in a Ferrari. So if Kimi was the fastest, then Alonso couldn't be, so he became Mr. Consistent.

But when Kimi got to Ferrari, that myth was busted. However, the myth surrounding Alonso remained cause he was by and large matched by rookie Hamilton. They were nip and tuck but many people, including me, believed that Hamilton will only get faster and better with experience. Ultimately we wouldn't know if he did get faster, but he certainly didn't get any better in terms of consistency - in my personal opinion.

#14398 barneyrubble

barneyrubble

• 82 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:10

I'm not going to argue with him over what he said, maybe he truly believes it or maybe he was being humble but that wasn't how this 'myth' started. It all started back in 2005 when the whole world and his dog believed that Kimi was the fastest man in F1 due to the rocketship he was driving. Many stuck to that believe - and this is in a field with Schumacher still in a Ferrari. So if Kimi was the fastest, then Alonso couldn't be, so he became Mr. Consistent.

Think you are right. Seems that most forget he has rarely had the fastest car, so are unable to differentiate this from the driver. A quick look at his team mates pace, should make it quite clear, but its hard to break assumptions and sterotypes once they are set.

#14399 Starlight

Starlight

• 183 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:10

And now, let's go to Montréal and definitely show that the F2012 is going the right way with Fer ;)

:wave:

Yea !!! The updates they bring there will be key though. Let's hope the updates are in the right direction and they work to improve the car in Canada. If that happens, he's in for a great chance for the WDC. Forza!!! :up:

Advertisement

#14400 KnucklesAgain

KnucklesAgain

• 4,927 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:24

This myth existed before Alonso's modest words. Surely real world results would take priority over anyones opinion? Where is the evidence that Alonso's one lap pace is questionable? I can only see confirmation of how strong it is.

Matched Trulli, despite being very inexperienced. And Hamilton.
Destroyed, Fisichella, Massa, Piquet, Grosjean

I don't want to discuss whether he is exactly as fast over one perfect lap as Hamilton, as I think it is a pointless discussion. I just had an issue with the statement "You can be as consistent as a computer, but without amazing speed, you will not get the results". Because in fact you can get the results if your ultimate speed is not at the absolute top, but if you can drive at that level more consistently. That's all I was saying