Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#1401 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 16:28

I bet Alonso is a stronger character taking part in F1, than spending most of his life on a computer.

Advertisement

#1402 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,089 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 16:39

It is very difficult to win the first WDC and Vettel has the 2 Mclarens, both WDC and therefore used to the pressure, breathing down his neck. He has the car and the talent I just think his temperament is suspect.

Locking up after the SC was a sign that he doesn't cope under pressure situations. I also think he is very aggressive when defending and therefore likely to collide on track.

I think you could call "suspect temperament" on all 5 of the current main contenders, tbh, with the possible exception of Button.

#1403 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 16:45

We Alonso Fans are angry because we think he deserved a better result than his 8th place! We were denied a great battle between him Hamilton for the 2nd place due to the safety car rules. Shit happens.

+1

What I find difficult to follow, is how many people who apparantly want to be associated with the sport as fans, dont want to see Alonso up there competing.
I also visit football forums, and most football fans want to see the opposition's best players in the position to compete for an entertaining game. Football fans will also fairly criticise their favourite players and team. With F1 its just nerr nerr na nerr nerr after every race.
Who are the biggest kids really?

#1404 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 17:38

From Alonso's Blog:

It wasn’t the Sunday we were expecting, that’s for sure. The Safety Car appeared at the worst possible moment for us and completely ruined our race. On Sunday evening, I was very angry about everything that happened, but now that anger has been transformed into positive energy driving a desire to fight back. Right from yesterday morning, my mind was already focussed on the next Grand Prix at Silverstone, where we will try and channel all that accumulated energy into the car to try and make up for what escaped us, for one reason or another, in Valencia, even if we know that, in theory, Silverstone is not a track that suits the characteristics of our car.

We were particularly unlucky in terms of the timing of when the safety car appeared on track. It would have only needed a few seconds more or less to totally change our race. It does not achieve much going over the events that followed on. Obviously, in the clear light of day, I am much calmer than I was in the moments immediately following the race. At the time, I reacted emotionally and in that situation, it is all too easy to adopt a tone and say things that can be interpreted wrongly, giving rise to suspicions, something which I had no intention of doing. Sure, I understand that the stewards have a difficult job to do and they have to take decisions that are not easy. What I meant was that those drivers who, like us, respected the regulations, unfortunately, in this situation, suffered much more than those who broke them, even though they were given a penalty. And I am not referring to any of the drivers in particular: it’s a general matter and I think we should talk about it together in a calm way, to ensure that things like this do not happen again. I was pleased to hear that the FIA has reacted promptly, calling an extraordinary meeting of the Sporting Working Group and I am confident, certain even, that all the points up for discussion will be cleared up in a comprehensive fashion.

Even if the Valencia result was not what we wanted, it has not done irreparable damage. It’s true that the gap to the leader has now jumped to 29 points, but we have not even reached the halfway point of the season. We trail by just over one win, so the situation is still very open. The updates we brought to Spain saw us make a step forward and get closer to the front runners. I am satisfied with that, but also aware that we must continue to push on with the development of the F10, because we need to have a car capable of fighting for pole and to give us the edge over our rivals as soon as possible. If we are now 29 points off the championship leader, it means that in the next ten races, we have to score at least 30 more than whoever is in the lead at any one time.

One of the most important aspects of everything that happened on Sunday is the fact that Mark Webber emerged almost completely unhurt from an accident that was as spectacular as it was frightening. It proves once again that the work led by the FIA in terms of safety is absolutely vital and it is clear that one should never get complacent about this element of the sport.

This evening, I will be in front of the television to watch my home team, Spain playing for a place in the quarter finals of the World Cup, against Portugal. It’s a very tough fixture: I reckon there will not be many goals and I just hope the decisive one will be scored by a Spaniard! As for Cristiano Ronaldo, I really hope he saves his goal scoring for next season with Real Madrid.

#1405 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,089 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 17:59

From Alonso's Blog:

It wasn’t the Sunday we were expecting, that’s for sure. The Safety Car appeared at the worst possible moment for us and completely ruined our race. On Sunday evening, I was very angry about everything that happened, but now that anger has been transformed into positive energy driving a desire to fight back. Right from yesterday morning, my mind was already focussed on the next Grand Prix at Silverstone, where we will try and channel all that accumulated energy into the car to try and make up for what escaped us, for one reason or another, in Valencia, even if we know that, in theory, Silverstone is not a track that suits the characteristics of our car.

We were particularly unlucky in terms of the timing of when the safety car appeared on track. It would have only needed a few seconds more or less to totally change our race. It does not achieve much going over the events that followed on. Obviously, in the clear light of day, I am much calmer than I was in the moments immediately following the race. At the time, I reacted emotionally and in that situation, it is all too easy to adopt a tone and say things that can be interpreted wrongly, giving rise to suspicions, something which I had no intention of doing. Sure, I understand that the stewards have a difficult job to do and they have to take decisions that are not easy. What I meant was that those drivers who, like us, respected the regulations, unfortunately, in this situation, suffered much more than those who broke them, even though they were given a penalty. And I am not referring to any of the drivers in particular: it’s a general matter and I think we should talk about it together in a calm way, to ensure that things like this do not happen again. I was pleased to hear that the FIA has reacted promptly, calling an extraordinary meeting of the Sporting Working Group and I am confident, certain even, that all the points up for discussion will be cleared up in a comprehensive fashion.

Even if the Valencia result was not what we wanted, it has not done irreparable damage. It’s true that the gap to the leader has now jumped to 29 points, but we have not even reached the halfway point of the season. We trail by just over one win, so the situation is still very open. The updates we brought to Spain saw us make a step forward and get closer to the front runners. I am satisfied with that, but also aware that we must continue to push on with the development of the F10, because we need to have a car capable of fighting for pole and to give us the edge over our rivals as soon as possible. If we are now 29 points off the championship leader, it means that in the next ten races, we have to score at least 30 more than whoever is in the lead at any one time.

One of the most important aspects of everything that happened on Sunday is the fact that Mark Webber emerged almost completely unhurt from an accident that was as spectacular as it was frightening. It proves once again that the work led by the FIA in terms of safety is absolutely vital and it is clear that one should never get complacent about this element of the sport.

This evening, I will be in front of the television to watch my home team, Spain playing for a place in the quarter finals of the World Cup, against Portugal. It’s a very tough fixture: I reckon there will not be many goals and I just hope the decisive one will be scored by a Spaniard! As for Cristiano Ronaldo, I really hope he saves his goal scoring for next season with Real Madrid.

An impressively mature post, that.

Somehow, though, I don't think it will generate the 20-odd pages of comment that his comments immediately after the race on Sunday did.

#1406 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,443 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:08

The stewards of the meeting needed an enormous amount of help arriving at their decision. Aerial views from the helicopter, several camera views and the exact positions of the transponders in both the McLaren and the Safety car. I think this tells us all we need to know about the size of the margin by which Hamilton transgressed; from that amount of data, they must have been looking for only a few centimetres of error.

#1407 ByTheNile

ByTheNile

• 21 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:15

The stewards of the meeting needed an enormous amount of help arriving at their decision. Aerial views from the helicopter, several camera views and the exact positions of the transponders in both the McLaren and the Safety car. I think this tells us all we need to know about the size of the margin by which Hamilton transgressed; from that amount of data, they must have been looking for only a few centimetres of error.

The timing of the penalty doesnt matter....its the effect of the penalty....the penalty given to Hamilton wasnt equal to the advantage he got from breaking the rule.
May be if he was given a 10 sec stop and go...Things would have been very different.

#1408 yr

yr

• 5,899 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:18

From Alonso's Blog:

This evening, I will be in front of the television to watch my home team, Spain playing for a place in the quarter finals of the World Cup, against Portugal. It’s a very tough fixture: I reckon there will not be many goals and I just hope the decisive one will be scored by a Spaniard! As for Cristiano Ronaldo, I really hope he saves his goal scoring for next season with Real Madrid. [/i]

Good one Fernando. :up:

I am going to do same, although I have no favourite for this game. I have a feeling though that Spain will win. Hopefully it will be great game.

Edited by yr, 29 June 2010 - 18:19.

#1409 P123

P123

• 8,140 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:23

Somehow, though, I don't think it will generate the 20-odd pages of comment that his comments immediately after the race on Sunday did.

Yep, far more mature than certain sheepish fans who contributed dozens of pages of irrational rantings on this very forum, using the events of Valencia as an excuse to vent their vicious hatred of Hamilton. Very sad behaviour but perhaps their outlook on events will become a little more cool and balanced after Alonso's wise words. Or perhaps the Hamilton fixation will continue....

#1410 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,089 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:25

Yep, far more mature than certain sheepish fans who contributed dozens of pages of irrational rantings on this very forum, using the events of Valencia as an excuse to vent their vicious hatred of Hamilton. Very sad behaviour but perhaps their outlook on events will become a little more cool and balanced after Alonso's wise words. Or perhaps the Hamilton fixation will continue....

Oh come on, the fnaboys of both drivers have been dishing it out in spades since Sunday, furhter impoverishing this forum (if that were possible).

Unless you are blind (or biased), you can't fail to notice that Alonso gets a ton of stick from a significant number of hateful contributors here and elsewhere.

#1411 P123

P123

• 8,140 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:27

The timing of the penalty doesnt matter....its the effect of the penalty....the penalty given to Hamilton wasnt equal to the advantage he got from breaking the rule.
May be if he was given a 10 sec stop and go...Things would have been very different.

You have to consider that if Kobayashi hadn't been a buffer for him there would probably be no issue with the penalty whatsoever because he would have lost positions. I'm surprised there heas been no rush to judgement on all those who sped back the the pits.

#1412 P123

P123

• 8,140 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:28

Oh come on, the fnaboys of both drivers have been dishing it out in spades since Sunday, furhter impoverishing this forum (if that were possible).

Unless you are blind (or biased), you can't fail to notice that Alonso gets a ton of stick from a significant number of hateful contributors here and elsewhere.

He certainly got a ton of stick this past weekend. It's good to see his mind has cleared of the red mist now.

#1413 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,443 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:37

Everybody is agreed on the fact that the timing was unfortunate, but it's not something Hamilton can be personally held to account for, which is what Alonso was doing during the race, and was a stance taken up by Ferrari and his OTT fans. When Alonso jumped the start in China the timing worked well for him as he came out onto a clear track and rapidly caught the slow back-markers on a circuit where the superior speed of the Ferrari made overtaking relatively easy - swings and roundabouts.

Hamilton was given the prescribed penalty for the offence, and carried it out within the stipulated time lapse. Had he been given a stop-go, he would just have driven even faster and still come in the top 3.

Alonso has now apologised to the FIA and said that he wasn't referring to any particular driver....... I understand that he has had to call in the glaziers to repair the window smashed by his rapidly lengthening nose.

Edited by Bloggsworth, 29 June 2010 - 18:38.

#1414 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,430 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:39

Nice blog post from Alonso, time to move on and look forward to Silverstone.

#1415 WheelBanger304

WheelBanger304

• 357 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:47

Completely disingenuous post. The initial rant about the race having been manipulated to Hamilton's benefit was in the full glare of TV and press interest after the race. Everyone with even a passing interest in F1 worldwide would have been aware of his ridiculous allegations within 24 hours. The bottle thrower, whose action Alonso seemed to justify would no doubt also have heard of those initial comments, and would have drawn great encouragement from them: "I did right to throw my bottle in disgust, given how the English pirates at the maFIA fixed the race and cheated my hero out of a podium"....

Now, perfectly in keeping with the utterly spineless double talker he proved himself to be during his year at McLaren, he expertly pulls back from the precipice of his initial comments - without retracting them or apologizing for them - so that the constituency of normal F1 fans/administrators/teams/stakeholders can say, "OK, look, he's not serious about these allegations of McLaren nobbling his car/the FIA manipulating the race etc., while his core constituency of ignoramuses who read AS and Marca and consider Lobato and Miquel to be knowledgeable F1 commentators will hold on for dear life to his original incendiary comments, as supporting evidence for their conspiracy theory.

How magnanimous of Fernando! In the unlikely event he actually wrote that blog post - which only five percent, at best, of the newly minted Spanish F1 aficionados will read - all he has managed to do is to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It seems it's pretty easy to please some people. :rolleyes:

#1416 ByTheNile

ByTheNile

• 21 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 18:49

Everybody is agreed on the fact that the timing was unfortunate, but it's not something Hamilton can be personally held to account for, which is what Alonso was doing during the race, and was a stance taken up by Ferrari and his OTT fans. When Alonso jumped the start in China the timing worked well for him as he came out onto a clear track and rapidly caught the slow back-markers on a circuit where the superior speed of the Ferrari made overtaking relatively easy - swings and roundabouts.

Hamilton was given the prescribed penalty for the offence, and carried it out within the stipulated time lapse. Had he been given a stop-go, he would just have driven even faster and still come in the top 3.

No one is blaming Hamilton...the blame is on the steward because the punishment didnt fit the crime...and alonso reacted the way he did in the race because Hamilton is one of his competitors in the WDC and he was getting ALOT of free points, while Alonso was being punished for following the rules....again if it were any other driver i m sure his reaction would have been the same.

#1417 Bruce

Bruce

• 8,355 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 19:13

Completely disingenuous post. The initial rant about the race having been manipulated to Hamilton's benefit was in the full glare of TV and press interest after the race. Everyone with even a passing interest in F1 worldwide would have been aware of his ridiculous allegations within 24 hours. The bottle thrower, whose action Alonso seemed to justify would no doubt also have heard of those initial comments, and would have drawn great encouragement from them: "I did right to throw my bottle in disgust, given how the English pirates at the maFIA fixed the race and cheated my hero out of a podium"....

Your post so far is merely inflammatory - FA acknowledged that the Spanish fans might be disappointed with cause - I don't think you can go as far as to skew his comments to support an arsehole who threw a bottle on the track - ultimately Alonso could have driven over it and had his (tiny) points ruined.

Now, perfectly in keeping with the utterly spineless double talker he proved himself to be during his year at McLaren, he expertly pulls back from the precipice of his initial comments - without retracting them or apologizing for them - so that the constituency of normal F1 fans/administrators/teams/stakeholders can say, "OK, look, he's not serious about these allegations of McLaren nobbling his car/the FIA manipulating the race etc., while his core constituency of ignoramuses who read AS and Marca and consider Lobato and Miquel to be knowledgeable F1 commentators will hold on for dear life to his original incendiary comments, as supporting evidence for their conspiracy theory.

Yes - true - Alonso had the good taste to pull back from his initial inflammatory remarks. Amazing that LH couldn't resist having a go at FA for his core constituency of ignoramuses who read Autosport and Motorsport and consider Dodgins and Alan Henry to be unbiased commentators and will forever hold on to the remark that FA is a bitter man whose petulance leads him to sour grapes as supporting evidence for any future misdemeanour, perceived or real.

How magnanimous of Fernando! In the unlikely event he actually wrote that blog post - which only five percent, at best, of the newly minted Spanish F1 aficionados will read - all he has managed to do is to shut the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It seems it's pretty easy to please some people. :rolleyes:

How magnanimous of Hamilton! He broke a rule and had his penalty effectively nullified through the slow-wittedness of the officials - yet instead of this benefit and being grateful for the good fortune that allowed him to hold onto 18 points though he clearly broke a very serious rule, all he managed to do was to prove that he is as petty and small minded as Fernando.

It's pretty easy to please some people. :rolleyes:

#1418 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,443 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 19:26

No one is blaming Hamilton...

Oh yes they are - read some of the postings about cheating, lying, subverting the rules, manipulating the result etc., etc.

#1419 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 19:41

Nice blog post from Alonso, time to move on and look forward to Silverstone.

Nice? Its utter horseshit, backtracking and double standards. He said:

it is all too easy to adopt a tone and say things that can be interpreted wrongly, giving rise to suspicions, something which I had no intention of doing.

No intention of giving rise to suspicions? Gee whiz. How can you misinterpret "The race was manipulated!" ? There is just no way. How people fail to see beyond the BS he spouts again and again is beyond me. Total douche :down:

Advertisement

#1420 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 19:56

Haters are going to hate :)

#1421 bogi

bogi

• 3,010 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 19:57

Thx Fernando, I hope that humble pie is delicious.

#1422 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:03

Haters are going to hate :)

I think I gave very good reason for why his blog is completely pointless and galling in light of what he said.

Its the same if I called you a liar in front of your peers. And then the next day say "I never intended to fuel suspicions that you are a liar".
It just doesnt work that way. Its stupid.

#1423 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 2,823 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:11

No intention of giving rise to suspicions? Gee whiz. How can you misinterpret "The race was manipulated!" ? There is just no way. How people fail to see beyond the BS he spouts again and again is beyond me. Total douche :down:

agree, that's my reaction when I read those comments, Fernando is deflecting the blame to other people mis-interpreting his post-race comments, he didn't mean it. If he didn't mean it, why did he say it?

he is backtracking just to avoid being punished by the FIA for bringing the sport into disrepute. :down:

#1424 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:11

I think I gave very good reason for why his blog is completely pointless and galling in light of what he said.

Its the same if I called you a liar in front of your peers. And then the next day say "I never intended to fuel suspicions that you are a liar".
It just doesnt work that way. Its stupid.

You fail to understand that he said he "over-reacted", so you maybe called me a liar cuz you were very angry. :up:

#1425 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:19

Your post so far is merely inflammatory - FA acknowledged that the Spanish fans might be disappointed with cause - I don't think you can go as far as to skew his comments to support an arsehole who threw a bottle on the track - ultimately Alonso could have driven over it and had his (tiny) points ruined.

Yes - true - Alonso had the good taste to pull back from his initial inflammatory remarks. Amazing that LH couldn't resist having a go at FA for his core constituency of ignoramuses who read Autosport and Motorsport and consider Dodgins and Alan Henry to be unbiased commentators and will forever hold on to the remark that FA is a bitter man whose petulance leads him to sour grapes as supporting evidence for any future misdemeanour, perceived or real.

How magnanimous of Hamilton! He broke a rule and had his penalty effectively nullified through the slow-wittedness of the officials - yet instead of this benefit and being grateful for the good fortune that allowed him to hold onto 18 points though he clearly broke a very serious rule, all he managed to do was to prove that he is as petty and small minded as Fernando.

Why can't he take a shot at Alonso? Alonso clearly ridiculed himself on Sunday, nobody supported his act in the paddock except Ferrari. He made very serious accusations and thus has left the door wide open to remarks and critics.

Furthermore, don't make LH's "non-comment" as bad as Alonso's outrageous whining on race day. That's madness.

It's like Mariah Carey dissing Eminem last year on one of her songs. Eminem released an inflammatory "response" (track) and we never heard of her again.

#1426 RockyRaccoon68

RockyRaccoon68

• 1,430 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:39

Well I happen to agree with Alonso that the race result was a farce and I would have been every bit as livid as he was right after the race. I have said it before I think he took his anger out wrongly on Hamilton when it was the rules he should have been angry at. Nice blog because he is moving on and looking to Silverstone and I think everyone else should just do the same. We complain of corporate robots and then drivers show some personality and get hated for it.

If anybody can honestly say they would be calm after driving 73 laps of practice, qualifying fourth and getting up to third with a chance of second infront of their home crowd only for all your work to go down the pan due to a badly timed SC while your main rival cheats and maintains second, then that person is a bigger man than both Alonso and me!

#1427 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:40

Well I happen to agree with Alonso that the race result was a farce and I would have been every bit as livid as he was right after the race. I have said it before I think he took his anger out wrongly on Hamilton when it was the rules he should have been angry at. Nice blog because he is moving on and looking to Silverstone and I think everyone else should just do the same. We complain of corporate robots and then drivers show some personality and get hated for it.

If anybody can honestly say they would be calm after driving 73 laps of practice, qualifying fourth and getting up to third with a chance of second infront of their home crowd only for all your work to go down the pan due to a badly timed SC while your main rival cheats and maintains second, then that person is a bigger man than both Alonso and me!

I would be mad, but I wouldn't accuse FIA/Stewards/Lewis of cheating, race manipulation, etc.

#1428 Scotracer

Scotracer

• 2,687 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:42

I was thinking the exact same thing. He may have started the post with good intentions but he just wanted to cover his ass rather than eat any pie.

#1429 WheelBanger304

WheelBanger304

• 357 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:44

I don't see that Hamilton has anything to do with the point I am making: that Alonso's comments after the race were completely unacceptable and that his subsequent more conciliatory blog comments were hardly sufficient to mitigate the serious ramifications of his original comments. In case you hadn't actually read the comments before charging off on your completely irrelevant, not to mention childish, Hamilton tit-for-tat - how old are you, by the way? -, here is the relevant quotation from a Guardian article by Paul Weaver:

http://www.guardian....pean-grand-prix

"It's a shame, not for us because this is racing, but for all the fans who came here to watch a manipulated race. It is the first time I have seen someone overtake the safety car," Alonso said, and repeated it for emphasis. "All the kids that were in the stands know that you cannot pass [the safety car]."

"I feel sorry for the public who have come here to watch this race – 70,000 fans came here to see the spectacle of Formula One and they have seen a race decided by the decisions.

"The attitude of the public is understandable – they were disgusted by what they were seeing and the injustices that were happening. There was a bottle on the track which is reaction that is not normal and it should not have happened."

Now, I understand you live in Canada, so your ignorance of what mere schoolboys in Europe know is perhaps excusable. But what strikes me is the certainty with which you make these blanket statements about matters about which you're clearly ignorant. As someone who is neither British nor Spanish but who is familiar with the press of both countries, I must tell you that there is absolutely no comparison between the coverage you get both in the serious newspapers in the UK and the specialist motorsport press and their equivalents in Spain. Frankly only someone who is either utterly ignorant or malicious could pretend they are on the same level. Virtually the only Spanish newspaper whose F1 coverage begins to compare for depth of knowledge and comparative absence of bias with any number of publications covering F1 in the UK is El Pais; in the UK you have the Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent and their Sunday equivalents as well as the specialist sporting and motorsport press. All provide serious coverage that do not descend to the pantomime level.

One of the leading Spanish sport newspapers which Spanish posters here regularly quote had as its headline yesterday something like Hamiltons Comes Second with the Help of the FIA. The article made specific reference to Charlie Whiting, mentioned his nationality and stated that he had decided the matter all on his lonesome in order to help out his fellow countryman Hamilton. So this publications readers, among whom are the potential bottle throwers and racist T-Shirt wearers would go away NOT knowing that the people who actually decided on the penalties yesterday were Gerd Enser (of the German motor club ADAC), Radovan Novak (FIA World Motor Sports Council member), Vidal Perucho (Director of the Jarama circuit and member of the FIA commissions for cross country rallying and truck racing) and Heinz-Harald Frentzen. Of these, none is a Brit, Perucho is Spanish and Frentzen's mother is Spanish. You simply do not get that sort of prejudicial coverage in any paper that aspires to cover motorsport properly in the UK - and please don't mention the Sun, as I doubt anyone reads that rag for its motorsport coverage, or quotes it as an authority here as Spanish posters are frequently doing with Marca and AS.

To conclude; if you can find any inflammatory comments by Hamilton that begin to approach the seriousness of what Alonso said after Sunday's race, then I'm happy to accept that my criticism of Alonso ought to be extended. But if not, I seriously suggest that you STFU and stop pretending that someone saying "he is reacting emotionally" is occupying the same territory as someone who has alleged that the FIA fixed Sunday's race and that bottle throwing in response to this imagined "injustice" is an understandable reaction.

#1430 Desdirodeabike

Desdirodeabike

• 1,890 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:46

You fail to understand that he said he "over-reacted", so you maybe called me a liar cuz you were very angry. :up:

So being "passionate" or "upset" is a perfectly good excuse for slander and false accusations? No, its not. And especially not in an environment like F1.

He was not the only one who got his race hampered by the SC. But no one else behaved like a f*cking primadonna. Only to backtrack a couple of days later. Some nerve on that guy.

And what about this one from his blog: "And I am not referring to any of the drivers in particular"
Right Nando.. You want me to play the team radio back for you? The guy is lying to his fans directly in their face and for some reason they are lapping it up like ice cream on a hot summer day.

#1431 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 2,823 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:50

So being "passionate" or "upset" is a perfectly good excuse for slander and false accusations? No, its not. And especially not in an environment like F1.

He was not the only one who got his race hampered by the SC. But no one else behaved like a f*cking primadonna. Only to backtrack a couple of days later. Some nerve on that guy.

And what about this one from his blog: "And I am not referring to any of the drivers in particular"
Right Nando.. You want me to play the team radio back for you? The guy is lying to his fans directly in their face and for some reason they are lapping it up like ice cream on a hot summer day.

exactly my thoughts :up:

#1432 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 20:52

Spain won!!! :clap: :smoking:

#1433 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 21:02

Spain won!!! :clap: :smoking:

A la Hamilton.. That was offside...

#1434 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,287 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 22:13

Not to mention at a race where Ferrari were banking on their big update to give them some valuable results(which they were on course to get before the SC).

Yea, Valencia was a freakin nightmare for Ferrari. As a fan, its hard to take. If I was actually a member of the team, or Alonso himself, I couldn't even begin to imagine how it must have felt.

I've said it plenty - if the positions were reversed, and Alonso broke the rules and prospered, while Lewis did the right thing and got screwed, Mclaren fans would be in a massive uproar and Lewis would be equally pissed off. We'd be hearing all sorts of conspiracies of the FIA favoring Ferrari and that Alonso is a cheat, and that Ferrari get away with everything, and blah blah blah.

Alonso was not right to say what he did about race fixing and whatnot, and he's admitted it now that he's cooled down a bit. Of course, I'm sure everyone here has always been 100% reasonable when they're furious about something, so I guess Alonso is just a lesser person than us. :rolleyes:

#1435 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,287 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 22:13

Villa was very clearly onside. :well:

Edited by Seanspeed, 29 June 2010 - 22:14.

#1436 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 22:32

Not to mention at a race where Ferrari were banking on their big update to give them some valuable results(which they were on course to get before the SC).

Yea, Valencia was a freakin nightmare for Ferrari. As a fan, its hard to take. If I was actually a member of the team, or Alonso himself, I couldn't even begin to imagine how it must have felt.

I've said it plenty - if the positions were reversed, and Alonso broke the rules and prospered, while Lewis did the right thing and got screwed, Mclaren fans would be in a massive uproar and Lewis would be equally pissed off. We'd be hearing all sorts of conspiracies of the FIA favoring Ferrari and that Alonso is a cheat, and that Ferrari get away with everything, and blah blah blah.

Alonso was not right to say what he did about race fixing and whatnot, and he's admitted it now that he's cooled down a bit. Of course, I'm sure everyone here has always been 100% reasonable when they're furious about something, so I guess Alonso is just a lesser person than us. :rolleyes:

Hamilton got the penalty you get for breaking the rule that he broke. Alonso and everyone else who is competing for WDC were just unlucky that Koba had been holding the rest of the pack up so much that when Hamilton served his penalty it didn't cause him to lose his position. Had it not been for this extraordinarily bad luck, Hamilton would have come out behind the pack and been completely screwed. In that case one could've even said he was unlucky because it's not as if he was definitely behind the safety car. It was borderline. That was why he slowed down at first and then decided he wasn't behind it and so stopped slowing down (i.e., wavered because was hard to determine).

Ferrari had bad luck just like everyone gets in F1. Bad luck evens out. Part of what separates the champions from the would-bes is how they handle these things in a sport that is full of them. If he gets in a tizzy and starts crying then he's not going to be able to drive well and no WDC. Then he'll be an idiot and only have self to blame.

Oh and if you think Alonso's the only one who's had bad luck then you only see bad luck when your favorite driver has it and ignore it when anyone else does. For example, look at his biggest competitors they've all already had bad luck within this first half of season. Alonso's one win was out thanks to Vettel bad luck. Hamilton unluckily got rammed out of race by Webber for no reason. Button unluckily lost out on race and an engine because someone left a radiator cover in his sidepod. This would go on and on if continued but I shouldn't have to because we all know that everyone has bad luck and that bad luck evens out.

Edited by 2ms, 29 June 2010 - 22:35.

#1437 Katsumi

Katsumi

• 1,114 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 22:33

So bitter that it becoming piteous ... :cry:

#1438 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,172 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 22:39

Yes slightly but it is offside. In case of doubt referees don't blow the whistle. And this one was very on the limit and difficult to see because it becomes offside once Xavi touches the ball.

At least it was not as a terrible mistake as Tevez or Lampard's goals... that was much worse.

#1439 wati

wati

• 1,088 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 22:44

I've just read the article on autosport. What a load of PR crap. He should've sticked to what he's said. Hamilton was fully aware of what he was doing.

Advertisement

#1440 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 23:51

Indeed. I'm utterly impressed by Alonsos's maturing capabilities. From whinning, Hamilton obsessed, race fixing accuser and bottle thrower condoner spoilt brat to the mature, polite and very articulate man in two days time. He must have set some kind of maturing record.

#1441 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 00:02

Of course he was not right to say what he said and it's a good thing that you, albeit a little too late, are following suit.

#1442 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 00:37

Villa was very clearly onside. :well:

Villa overtook the safety car.;)

#1443 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 3,768 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 00:53

:lol: The footy posts in here are great :D

#1444 Tactical

Tactical

• 60 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:01

Indeed. I'm utterly impressed by Alonsos's maturing capabilities. From whinning, Hamilton obsessed, race fixing accuser and bottle thrower condoner spoilt brat to the mature, polite and very articulate man in two days time. He must have set some kind of maturing record.

Oh, for god's sake, you're right. You shouldn't wait a single second and start now a petition, to make sure this kind of devil being is not racing any more. He doesn't deserve it. I'm quite sure hordes from all over the world will follow you.

F1 needs fresh air urgently because he's quickly exhausting it. This petulant spoiled crybaby, infrahuman latin brat is degrading the always clean F1 world with his absolute lack of... anything an honest and decent driver, even human being, should be. Or pretend. All the opposite to <insert your driver here>.

Even more, may be you should start a second petition to make him enjoy the next ten years at ISS, outside this world everything would be just... nicer.

Better yet! Send him to Mars!

Feel better now? :rolleyes:

Levels of fanboyism and bitterness against the spaniard are disgusting.

#1445 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:01

No. That's you fantasizing.

I'd have said "Damn, LH is unlucky again!". But I'd never accuse Ferrari of favoritism (FIArrari), etc.

Edited by mkay, 30 June 2010 - 01:02.

#1446 TurboF1

TurboF1

• 748 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 01:30

(Seanspeed @ Jun 29 2010, 18:13)

Alonso was not right to say what he did about race fixing and whatnot, and he's admitted it now that he's cooled down a bit. Of course, I'm sure everyone here has always been 100% reasonable when they're furious about something, so I guess Alonso is just a lesser person than us

The funny thing about that is, after Spa 2008, LEWIS NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT RACE/CHAMPIONSHIP FIXING. AND HE DAMNED WELL COULD HAVE.
It was as obvious as day the FIA knew Lewis would run off with the championship, instead of leaving Spa with a much bigger lead in the championship, he ended up with Massa right up his ass. I don't remember, and cannot find, ANYWHERE on the massive internetz, Lewis complaining about "How unfair it is". The only thing even close to that is when interviewed in 2009 prior to the race, he said he had great memories of the place and that "I won last year" (which, coincidentally, sparked a huge thread here that set the haters all bleating with mock moral outrage again)

#1447 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:48

i'm pretty sure you're the kind of guy should be involved in the same situation would be whistling inside the cockpit lalalalalalalalaalalalaalalalala alice in wonderland.

#1448 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 3,768 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:52

Levels of fanboyism and bitterness against the Hamilton are disgusting.

You're right

#1449 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,602 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:03

From Alonso "big mouth" to PR propaganda, no matter what he do, for some people Alonso is always wrong. I wish other drivers will do the same thing when they say things emotionally. He was wrong and he admitted it, that's what men do, others keep lying or forgetting.

#1450 hunnylander

hunnylander

• 4,448 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:08

Levels of fanboyism and bitterness against the spaniard are disgusting.

Levels of Nanofanboyist bitterness and Ferrari bitterness are even more disgusting.

On the day of Alonso's (fake?) apology:
http://www.ferrari.c..._the_forum.aspx

Edited by hunnylander, 30 June 2010 - 05:09.