Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#1851 billkaos

billkaos

• 160 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:23

In other order of things, yesterday evening I had the TV on and in LaSexta they begun to talk about Alonso not being too happy. I got the idea he was not too happy about the season and the team. Did I get it wrong? Did anybody else watch it? I admit I was not paying too much attention. :blush:

I'd say the general impression here is that FA is throwing away his chances this year. Most fanatics will talk about conspiracies and bad luck, but IMHO people is well aware of his mistakes.

You know, Spaniards can be very cruel when some sport idol start making mistakes, just look at football. If Alonso makes another mistake he's risking some reputation.

Advertisement

#1852 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,475 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:28

All I am going to say is that Nando really needs to put one over the Hamster soon. He is obviously still haunted by the events of 2007. No better way to get rid of your demons than by beating him fair and square. Whether he has the car to do that or not remains to be seen. I have a strong feeling about this weekend for Ferrari though. The incidents in Valencia may just have awakened a sleeping giant (Ferrari) and lets not forget that a wounded animal (Alonso) is a dangerous animal. Does anyone here know if he will have the revised suspension and gearbox casing this weekend?

#1853 billkaos

billkaos

• 160 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:34

But I don't deny he's biased in his opinions towards Alonso, that is pretty much true. However, because his opinions are not objective doesn't mean that the facts he provides aren't true. You need to have the ability to separate both. If he starts spreading lies as a facts I'll be the first one to say it, but you have to recognise that hasn't happened.

I don't have the time to research the video evidence against Lobato so I'll provide my personal opinion about him: If Lobato where to write in this forum, you wouldn't be able to distinguish him from the biggest pro-Alonso troll in this forum.

In fact, Lobato has taken lies (or unprovable facts) as a fact quite a bit of times. The guy did study journalism and is not stupid, so when making a calculated false claim he tries to surround it with ambiguity and "see behind the curtain" speaking. I'd be hard to accuse him of deliverately lying, but he's so partial that he's not even worthy of being called a journalist.

#1854 richard01

richard01

• 104 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:35

There's another factor to news sources called credibility. And you know, in the case of Lobato it is very low.

The fact that the news entry is written in April fools day here in Spain doesn't help either.

I was not referring to that source, I was referring to Martin's quotes. With regards to Lobato some of his comments should be taken seriously since he is a very close friend of Alonso who also happens to be a journalists.

#1855 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:39

Must be hard for Fernando not to see Lewis as having wrecked his career after 2006. And he must be desperate this year, how many more wdc's can we predict for him if Lewis wins 2010? That has to be a part of the Valencia outburst you'd think.

Wrecked his career by sitting in the most successful team in the history of the sport? Alonso merely sacrificed short term gain with larger long term gain, as Ferrari could deliver him an era of great success.

#1856 prty

prty

• 5,219 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:41

In fact, Lobato has taken lies (or unprovable facts) as a fact quite a bit of times. The guy did study journalism and is not stupid, so when making a calculated false claim he tries to surround it with ambiguity and "see behind the curtain" speaking. I'd be hard to accuse him of deliverately lying, but he's so partial that he's not even worthy of being called a journalist.

So please provide examples. And what ambiguity is there in the text I posted?

Edited by prty, 06 July 2010 - 18:45.

#1857 Frostbomb

Frostbomb

• 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:42

100% blame to Alonso in Malasia? I see, you must be joking.

He admitted it.

Edited by Buttoneer, 06 July 2010 - 20:32.

#1858 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:42

I don't understand the point of providing sources if some people are simply going to dismiss them just because it does not go along with their agendas.

Welcome to internet forums.

#1859 billkaos

billkaos

• 160 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:45

I was not referring to that source, I was referring to Martin's quotes.

MW: "I have been here 20 years and you look back over the 20 years and you have some highs and some regrets. A massive regret to me is losing a star like Fernando. He is one of the greatest racing drivers. ...sometimes we've been too arrogant, we have to accept it. I have always been very open in the company, my style is completely open"

"this is a good team, he is a good driver. We could have had more success than we've had."

And? MW just said he is sad things didn't end well. In no moment MW implies that McLaren tried to retain Alonso, much less than they make him an offer.

Lobato quoting this must be seen as Alonso childish desire of covering up his sacking.

With regards to Lobato some of his comments should be taken seriously since he is a very close friend of Alonso who also happens to be a journalists.

See my post above.

Advertisement

#1860 billkaos

billkaos

• 160 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:47

He admitted it.

Please provide a source.

#1861 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:48

Provide examples of what he (Lobato) says is the truth, not only his word but actual facts verified by atleast two other parties, to make it actually true and not only his biased opinion.

Edited by Mr j, 06 July 2010 - 18:49.

#1862 Frostbomb

Frostbomb

• 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:50

I'd love having LH and FA back on the same team!

It was by far the most electrifying duo since Prost/Senna.

100%! Posted Image Posted Image

As you can see from my signature, I'm a fan of both, but boy, watching that gap toothed rookie hand Alonso, Kimi and Massa their own egos after those first 9 races of 2007 was brilliant.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#1863 billkaos

billkaos

• 160 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:53

I don't have the time to research the video evidence against Lobato so I'll provide my personal opinion about him.

And what ambiguity is there in the text I posted?

This is not a case of ambiguity, but of stating a fact without proof.

In case I was not clear, I was addressing his live commenting, not his blog. Some ambiguous statements from him that I recall "it could be the case that someone manipulated FA car so he's not as quick as Hamilton" "something happened to the car, but I cannot tell more", etc....

Edited by billkaos, 06 July 2010 - 18:54.

#1864 Frostbomb

Frostbomb

• 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:55

Please provide a source.

It was on the TV, precious

#1865 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:56

Are you trying to write poetry? If so, you could have chosen a more worthy subject for your undoubted talents. Montoya and Kovalainen simply did not perform as well as their McLaren teammates; any moaning about bias from them can safely be put down to sour grapes

hamilton was consistently and blatantly favoured against heikki, with fuel loads and new parts for 2 seasons, so for you to ignore this and talk of sour grapes, speaks volumes for your objectivity on this issue.

Most top level drivers are the same: they'll do anything to avoid admitting their teammate was better; what more convenient alibi could there be than to claim that "they were favouring the other guy". Yet Steve Nielsen, a long-standing Renault man who's hardly likely to be well-disposed to McLaren, said quite categorically the other day: "McLaren treat their drivers equally". What possible cause could he - or the many others who have commented on the situation who are not aggrieved ex-drivers - have to lie? Why would a Renault man make up a lie to make McLaren look good?

The facts are clear to all but Alonso's most diehard fans: the Asturian wanted favourable treatment at McLaren in 2007. Both Nielsen and Briatore, another former close colleague at Renault, have admitted as much. Both have stated that the problem in 2007 was that McLaren did not give Alonso no. 1 treatment. According to the comments Briatore made (in 2008, I believe), such treatment was deserved by virtue of his status as 2xWDC. Nielsen only went so far as to say that such treatment was what Alonso expected. You can keep moaning about McLaren all you like; the fact that the Woking team keeps attracting top drivers like current WDC Button makes posts like yours look very silly - however the words are formatted.

Steve Nielsen works for Renault not mclaren so he cannot speak for the inside operations of another team or for the thoughts of Alonso in another team. The facts of 2007 are not clear at all because most of them have been created by british media spin, without any real factual foundation. It sells papers and is very convenient but there is no proof behind the words.

H

#1866 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:59

There's another factor to news sources called credibility. And you know, in the case of Lobato it is very low.

The fact that the news entry is written in April fools day here in Spain doesn't help either.

Lobato was laughed at for a long time when he kept saying Alonso was going to Ferrari. They laughed even harder at him when he said the contract was signed. Guess what. He was right and ended up having the last laugh. Lobato is no different to the majority of british media journos.

#1867 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:03

He owned up to the emails, admittedly he should have done so in the first place he revealed them at a time where in his mind it appeared that McLaren were favouring Lewis. He didn't understand (at first) why in Hungary despite being told he would go first Lewis was in front of him. He chose to focus on the grand prix in Spa that weekend rather than go to Paris he is a racing driver not a lawyer, as for the lunch with Max thats the first I've ever heard of it, where does it come from?

It was 3 weeks after Hungary that he told Bernie about the emails, Spa was when it surfaced. That time gap is what made it so vindictive.

I can't find a link now for the lunch with Max, but it was what led to the Spanish FIA rep in the McLaren garage in Brazil.

#1868 prty

prty

• 5,219 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:04

Provide examples of what he (Lobato) says is the truth, not only his word but actual facts verified by atleast two other parties, to make it actually true and not only his biased opinion.

Fortunately in the world don't work that way, you have to prove guilt, not innocence :)

Anyway, I remember recently, he talked about Kubica going to Renault already in Monza last year, or that Raikkonen was negotiating with McLaren also in Monza, or the appearance of Alonso's new helmet before it was made public.

Edited by prty, 06 July 2010 - 19:13.

#1869 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:05

It was 3 weeks after Hungary that he told Bernie about the emails, Spa was when it surfaced. That time gap is what made it so vindictive.

I can't find a link now for the lunch with Max, but it was what led to the Spanish FIA rep in the McLaren garage in Brazil.

Didnt Ron Dennis tell Mosley about the emails on hungary gp race morning, thus giving Alonso no choice but to confess to bernie and mosley??

#1870 VoRteX

VoRteX

• 166 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:08

Montoya and Kovalainen simply did not perform as well as their McLaren teammates; any moaning about bias from them can safely be put down to sour grapes

what i was trying to express is that Alonso is not the only driver to say the working atmosphere at McLaren is far from ideal and equal.
and since the last 3 drivers to work at McLaren have very similar opinions, i safely assume there is some truth in it.

#1871 ZooL

ZooL

• 2,063 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:08

Didnt Ron Dennis tell Mosley about the emails on hungary gp race morning, thus giving Alonso no choice but to confess to bernie and mosley??

And Ron told first because Alonso blackmailed him and threatened to tell if he didnt get #1 status - despite himself talking about it in spanish emails via Pedro.

Edited by ZooL, 06 July 2010 - 19:08.

#1872 peroa

peroa

• 8,985 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:11

Lobato was laughed at for a long time when he kept saying Alonso was going to Ferrari. They laughed even harder at him when he said the contract was signed. Guess what. He was right and ended up having the last laugh. Lobato is no different to the majority of british media journos.

Oh you are so wrong here, there is one enormous difference here, of galactic proportions I dare say.
You wanna know?

The british press and even the german press in the Schumi-boom(now with Vettel too) years have one important quality. Criticism where criticism is/was appropriate.

The spanish press, the Alonso fanboy armada and even Alonso is NOT capable of that. Never, ever, one single time.
What the Asturian prince does or touches smells like roses and turns to gold. He is unfailable, he never does wrong, the source of the issue is always outside, never once did he/they look at something and said, hey maybe it was his mistake etc.

That's about the only problem I have with Alonso and had with MS. Simply admitting "hey I/he screwed up, let's move on".
Always paranoia, irrational thinking, others fault ...

#1873 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:11

Fortunately in the world don't work that way, you have to prove guilt, not innocence :)

Anyway, I remember recently, he talked about Kubica going to Renault already in Monza last year, or the appearance of Alonso's new helmet before it was made public.

Good a enough answer for now. I'll be looking for your post in the future to see if you'll stick to Lobato's "stories" as the truth.

#1874 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:12

And Ron told first because Alonso blackmailed him and threatened to tell if he didnt get #1 status - despite himself talking about it in spanish emails via Pedro.

a threat he retracted. Point is it was dennis that spilled the beans. It was dennis not Alonso who betrayed mclaren.

#1875 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:13

Actually he just threatened, then Ron took it upon himself to phone Max on the spot and spread the news. A decision at least as immature as Alonso holding back Hamilton in the pits.

#1876 prty

prty

• 5,219 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:14

Good a enough answer for now. I'll be looking for your post in the future to see if you'll stick to Lobato's "stories" as the truth.

OK inspector mate. :lol:

#1877 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:22

a threat he retracted. Point is it was dennis that spilled the beans. It was dennis not Alonso who betrayed mclaren.

C'mon, how do you know? If you state that you know this is the way it happend you either have real inside information or you're only wishing this is the way things unfolded. Now, this is not about proving guilt as you have talked about earlier but about giving credibility to your claims. Tell me, how do you know it was Ron Dennis who spilled the beans?

And why... I think I'll wait for all the other questions when you have answered the one above.

#1878 VoRteX

VoRteX

• 166 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:30

Oh you are so wrong here, there is one enormous difference here, of galactic proportions I dare say.
You wanna know?

The british press and even the german press in the Schumi-boom(now with Vettel too) years have one important quality. Criticism where criticism is/was appropriate.

The spanish press, the Alonso fanboy armada and even Alonso is NOT capable of that. Never, ever, one single time.
What the Asturian prince does or touches smells like roses and turns to gold. He is unfailable, he never does wrong, the source of the issue is always outside, never once did he/they look at something and said, hey maybe it was his mistake etc.

That's about the only problem I have with Alonso and had with MS. Simply admitting "hey I/he screwed up, let's move on".
Always paranoia, irrational thinking, others fault ...

what you say about spanish media and Alonso is just not true.
english and german: appropriate criticism
spanish: irrational thinkig and paranoia
thanks!

http://www.elmundo.e...1278327215.html

i had only to go back to yesterday to find appropriate criticism of Alonso in the spanish press.
yesterday! xD

now the problem is, some may accept these critics, but the positive comments? never!!
all good info about Fernando must be a lie! that is dogma #1
i suggest reading more about the life and achievements of this guy, to maybe find he's not the demon reincarnated....

#1879 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:31

No Max had accepted Ron's word and it had all been left as a Fernando's manager claimed, a momentary loss of temper with nothing behind it.

Advertisement

#1880 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:32

C'mon, how do you know? If you state that you know this is the way it happend you either have real inside information or you're only wishing this is the way things unfolded. Now, this is not about proving guilt as you have talked about earlier but about giving credibility to your claims. Tell me, how do you know it was Ron Dennis who spilled the beans?

And why... I think I'll wait for all the other questions when you have answered the one above.

Because he said so in the FIA court. Its no secret that he always said it was him who rang mosley first and spilled the beans. Im amazed you think that this is a surprise to you but I guess it goes to show how good of a job the british media has done in rewriting history and making Alonso the bad guy who betrayed the team. No, it was Dennis who spilled the beans.

#1881 segment

segment

• 58 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:34

No Max had accepted Ron's word and it had all been left as a Fernando's manager claimed, a momentary loss of temper with nothing behind it.

So are you seriously suggesting that after his team boss had told max mosley about the emails, that Alonso should have risked his super licence and denied it?
Ron had sold him out, he had no choice but to cough up the emails because Mosley would have crucified hin.

#1882 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:40

So are you seriously suggesting that after his team boss had told max mosley about the emails, that Alonso should have risked his super licence and denied it?
Ron had sold him out, he had no choice but to cough up the emails because Mosley would have crucified hin.

Well Pedro didn't feel the need to tell anyone.

#1883 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:42

Now reading Mosleys mind as well? :p

The ball was rolling as soon as RD had kicked it. No way in hell Mosley would accept the retraction of his dear old enemy and let the matter rest again after that first phone call.

#1884 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:50

Now reading Mosleys mind as well? :p

The ball was rolling as soon as RD had kicked it. No way in hell Mosley would accept the retraction of his dear old enemy and let the matter rest again after that first phone call.

We've been through all this, your claims, my links, then you go quiet until the next time. Max did believe Ron, that's why there was the big scene at Spa after he accused Ron of lying to his face, and had to shake hands in front of the cameras.

#1885 robefc

robefc

• 8,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:51

true but what I said is also true. Alonso was not against equal treatment, he was against Lewis getting any unfair advantage and the team doing nothing about it.

If Alonso was not against equal treatment can you please explain why his behaviour at the US GP in 2007?

#1886 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 19:59

If Alonso was not against equal treatment can you please explain why his behaviour at the US GP in 2007?

He was called in early for his stop, robbing him his chance to overtake Hamilton in the pits. His chance to do so would actually have been better than Hamiltons in Moncao, because he really was virtually on Hamiltons gearbox the whole time. Overtaking on track was near impossible, even after Hamiltons mistake, because he was hitting the rev limiter on the straight.

#1887 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:03

We've been through all this, your claims, my links, then you go quiet until the next time. Max did believe Ron, that's why there was the big scene at Spa after he accused Ron of lying to his face, and had to shake hands in front of the cameras.

Well try to phone your local police station and tell them that your son has plans to rob a bank, then wait ten minutes, call again and say it was just a joke.

Oh, and please report back here how it did go. :D

#1888 Campeador

Campeador

• 296 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:10

No wonder why Alonso's face looks so pissed off.

#1889 robefc

robefc

• 8,106 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:13

He was called in early for his stop, robbing him his chance to overtake Hamilton in the pits. His chance to do so would actually have been better than Hamiltons in Moncao, because he really was virtually on Hamiltons gearbox the whole time. Overtaking on track was near impossible, even after Hamiltons mistake, because he was hitting the rev limiter on the straight.

I haven't heard this before, was it the first or second stop? And were they both brought in earlier than expected or just alonso? I have heard previously that alonso was unhappy at not being able to pick his own fuel strategies in 2007.

#1890 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,299 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:13

thanks!

http://www.elmundo.e...1278327215.html

i had only to go back to yesterday to find appropriate criticism of Alonso in the spanish press.
yesterday! xD

now the problem is, some may accept these critics, but the positive comments? never!!
i suggest reading more about the life and achievements of this guy, to maybe find he's not the demon reincarnated....

Can you tell me where the appropiate criticism in that piece of news is?

The only errors they accept to be from Alonso are expressed as

"La adrenalina y la tensión extrema en el 'pit lane' lleva al asturiano a pisar antes que nadie el acelerador."

Adrenaline and extreme tension in the “pit lane” makes the Asturian step on the throttle sooner than anybody else

And

"Ni siquiera llega a disputar la clasificación. Su F10 se topa con el muro en los libres del sábado. El trabajo contrarreloj de los mecánicos no es suficiente y Alonso se ve obligado a partir desde la última posición en el circuito más complicado del Mundial para pensar en remontadas. Aún así, rescata ocho puntos con su sexto puesto final."

He didn’t even take part in the qualification. His F10 crashes with the wall on Saturday’s free training. The work against the clock of the mechanics is not enough and Alonso must begin from the last position in the most complicated circuit …

In other words: the adrenaline, the tension, his car in love with walls and the slow mechanics are those to blame. Not to mention the way it always transforms into heroic behaviour at the end of each paragraph (sorry, I don't copy the text and the translation of those parts, it's late and I'm tired).

That’s exactly where the problem of some of the Spanish press is. Even when there’s no way to hide an Alonso’s error, it will be written in such a way that there’s always an external factor to blame.

Edited by artista, 06 July 2010 - 20:16.

#1891 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,475 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:31

No wonder why Alonso's face looks so pissed off.

FOM blocked the clip on copyright grounds. What is it about?

#1892 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:34

I haven't heard this before, was it the first or second stop? And were they both brought in earlier than expected or just alonso? I have heard previously that alonso was unhappy at not being able to pick his own fuel strategies in 2007.

First round Hamilton stopped first, second round they called in Alonso first. At a time when he was likely able to lap faster in clean air, plus he ought to have saved a bit of fuel behind Hamilton.

Edit: with a little help from robefc ( :wave: ) I discovered that the couriously timed 2nd stop of Alonso happened after he waved his fist at the McLaren pit, so it can't have been the reason for his apparent anger.

Edited by as65p, 06 July 2010 - 22:47.

#1893 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:36

Lets drop 2007 please.

#1894 as65p

as65p

• 17,800 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:39

Lets drop 2007 please.

:blush: :up:

#1895 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 9,475 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:55

Ferrari will have a new front wing and a revised rear wing at Silverstone lets hope it sorts out the tyre issues and Nando and Felipe can challenge.

Edited by ForeverF1, 06 July 2010 - 21:17.

#1896 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 21:20

thanks!

yesterday! xD

What did you think ? Probably that anybody who can read spanish is an Alonso fan and wouldn't report that there isn't a shered of criticism on that piece of 'journalism'. Actually they are doing their best to hide Alonso's mistakes and it's a pretty good illustration of how the Spanish 'press' operates.

There's a lot of bs in the article but for me this takes the cake: "Primero Buemi, mucho más lento, estorba su avance y Hamilton aprovecha para tomar la delantera", "At first Buemi, who was a lot slower, get's in his way and Hamilton takes advantage of this to overtake him." Not a single word on the fact Buemi was fighting for position and Hamilton ate Alonsos's lunch. It's more like "How dare a mere Buemi to get in the way of the chosen one".

If you really think there's any criticism in that thing then that explains why you guys are so sensitive when you hear any real criticism of the chosen one. It's either that or your post is just dishonest.

Edited by cardin, 06 July 2010 - 21:21.

#1897 billkaos

billkaos

• 160 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 21:31

It was on the TV, precious

In what channel, La Sexta, BBC?

#1898 billkaos

billkaos

• 160 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 21:34

Well, IMHO that's a gross generalization. The problem is that journalists in both the channel retransmitting F1 and the most popular sports publication are FA zealots, but there's quite a bit of decent journalism going on here.

British press also has their own zealots, but fortunately they are not so prominent.

#1899 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 21:39

There's a lot of bs in the article but for me this takes the cake: "Primero Buemi, mucho más lento, estorba su avance y Hamilton aprovecha para tomar la delantera", "At first Buemi, who was a lot slower, get's in his way and Hamilton takes advantage of this to overtake him." Not a single word on the fact Buemi was fighting for position and Hamilton ate Alonsos's lunch. It's more like "How dare a mere Buemi to get in the way of the chosen one".

No it's not, it's just a statement of fact.

"At first Buemi, who was a lot slower, - True, he was.
get's in his way - yup, that happened too.
and Hamilton takes advantage of this - I think he certainly did. Hamilton was a little faster anyway, but the Buemi distraction helped.
to overtake him." - and...that's how it ended.

Yes they could have added caveats like 'Buemi was racing for position' and I certainly read nothing about chosen ones in there. It's a brief summary which doesn't really do the encounter justice, but typical of race summaries the world over.

Advertisement

#1900 richard01

richard01

• 104 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 21:49

What did you think ? Probably that anybody who can read spanish is an Alonso fan and wouldn't report that there isn't a shered of criticism on that piece of 'journalism'. Actually they are doing their best to hide Alonso's mistakes and it's a pretty good illustration of how the Spanish 'press' operates.

If you really think there's any criticism in that thing then that explains why you guys are so sensitive when you hear any real criticism of the chosen one. It's either that or your post is just dishonest.

if what was written on that article was not true, you may have a point.