Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#3001 showtime

showtime

• 2,590 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:04

"Probably, for the British fans, seeing two Ferraris winning and ending the race 40 seconds later must hurt. There will be some fuss in the press until the next Thursday. That's all".

That's the key to all this hypocrite basing festival.

Advertisement

#3002 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:04

They are illegal despite being obvious or not but I don't remember you complaining each time McLaren break that rule.

the rule is a joke, especially as it is expressed and the many loopholes it has!
not to forget this rule can harm a team potential to win a championship :drunk:

#3003 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:06

Alonso was fantastic today talking to the Spanish press after the race: "We work for a team, that's all"... "It was not the slowest driver of the grid who won the race, was it?"

"Probably, for the British fans, seeing two Ferraris winning and ending the race 40 seconds later must hurt. There will be some fuss in the press until the next Thursday. That's all".

Sorry, did Alonso really say that? So he's a racist as well as everyone else. Maybe he enjoys carnival. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

#3004 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:11

Sorry, did Alonso really say that? So he's a racist as well as everyone else. Maybe he enjoys carnival. :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

why racist? which race did he insult :drunk:

#3005 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:19

why racist? which race did he insult :drunk:

Under EU law, if you tar a nationality with the same brush, that's racist. Don't blame me, I'm not the EUrocracy. I have a triple-digit IQ.

#3006 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:38

Alonso: "No team orders at Ferrari".

Obvious lier haha.

#3007 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:40

They are illegal despite being obvious or not but I don't remember you complaining each time McLaren break that rule.

I don't remember McLaren team orders this season :stoned: .

#3008 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:40

Venguenza Jodida.

Where is that facepalm when we need it.

#3009 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:42

Obvious lier haha.

he is saying what is neccesary within this stupid rule! --> team interest

#3010 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,316 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:43

Venguenza Jodida.

What are you trying to say? :yawnface:

#3011 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:43

see this race, when they called button one lap to early into pits, otherwise button would have overtaken hamilton!

#3012 showtime

showtime

• 2,590 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:44

You should go to the doctor then. Anyway that rule is there since 2002 so maybe you could remember 2008 Germany GP.

#3013 Ashitank

Ashitank

• 394 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:51

You should go to the doctor then. Anyway that rule is there since 2002 so maybe you could remember 2008 Germany GP.

I think you need to see doctor as syph0nJZ05 has clearly mentioned THIS SEASON , As for 2008 considering how slow Hekki was its not even comparable to what has happened today.

Edited by McLrnF1, 25 July 2010 - 15:51.

#3014 Aerosoul

Aerosoul

• 82 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:54

Ill remind you then.

Turkey a few weeks ago when Button overtook Hamilton in the last few laps of the race

"Jenson fuel is critical, save fuel, fuel is very critical, you must save fuel"

They're just not as obvious but all teams do it.

#3015 showtime

showtime

• 2,590 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:59

I think you need to see doctor as syph0nJZ05 has clearly mentioned THIS SEASON

I saw it, that's why I said the rule was not new for this season. If it was illegal today it should have been illegal in 2008.

#3016 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:59

You mean that Alonso is racist as all the Spaniards are racist? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So you are another racist yourself according to your own logic?

He was talking about the British press and journos, which happen to be McLaren fans.

#3017 TurboF1

TurboF1

• 748 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:03

Ill remind you then.

Turkey a few weeks ago when Button overtook Hamilton in the last few laps of the race

And after the race, the McLarens were found to be extremely marginal on fuel, But don't let that get in the way of common sense.

#3018 Coral

Coral

• 2,837 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:19

Alonso was fantastic today talking to the Spanish press after the race: "We work for a team, that's all"... "It was not the slowest driver of the grid who won the race, was it?"

By the way, the Ferraris lapped everyone until P7.

What a completely charmless knob Fernando Alonso is. That comment about the British fans is beneath contempt. :down:

Anyway dear Fernando, take a look at the WDC and WCC and see who is leading...and they managed it without cheating. :o

Edited by Coral, 25 July 2010 - 16:20.

#3019 Cubicinch

Cubicinch

• 6 posts

"Trulli was not faster than Alonso when they were team mates."

In 2004 he was. In 2004 Trulli beat Alonso both in qualifyings and in point standings with equal number of dfns. Alonso was beaten by fair and square just like inexperienced rookie Hamilton beat Alonso in 2007. If my memory serves me right Alonso is the first wdc to be beaten by a rookie team-mate in f1 history.

Advertisement

#3020 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

What are you trying to say? :yawnface:

Verguenza :blush:

#3021 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:22

In 2004 he was. In 2004 Trulli beat Alonso both in qualifyings and in point standings with equal number of dfns.

you cant count man :down:

#3022 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:22

What a completely charmless knob Fernando Alonso is. That comment about the British fans is beneath contempt. :down:

Anyway dear Fernando, take a look at the WDC and WCC and see who is leading...and they managed it without cheating. :o

hmmm, have you forgotten valencia :drunk:

Edited by YellowHelmet, 25 July 2010 - 16:23.

#3023 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:23

In 2004 he was. In 2004 Trulli beat Alonso both in qualifyings and in point standings with equal number of dfns. Alonso was beaten by fair and square just like inexperienced rookie Hamilton beat Alonso in 2007. If my memory serves me right Alonso is the first wdc to be beaten by a rookie team-mate in f1 history.

He wasn¨t beaten, they were equal in points.
And this is just because of your need to feed the trolls.

#3024 kensaundm31

kensaundm31

• 286 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:27

Alonso has a REALLY bad character.

I've lost count of the amount of times he's been screaming on the radio for the team to allow him to pass a teammate without effort.

I can't remember who I'm quoting:

'The sound of Alonso going past the pits: WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'

Spoilt baby.

#3025 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:30

see this race, when they called button one lap to early into pits, otherwise button would have overtaken hamilton!

The tyres were going away from him :rolleyes: .

#3026 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:31

The tyres were going away from him :rolleyes: .

who knows, he was still fast, maybe he could have done one more lap!

#3027 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:32

You should go to the doctor then.

I'd like you to show me McLaren team orders this season. We have blatantly seen them with Ferrari today. BTW I'm not saying McLaren team orders didn't happen, just that we don't know they have happened. We know Ferrari team orders have happened on the other hand.

#3028 Vilenova

Vilenova

• 2,854 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:33

Wow is fred ever a punk. :lol:

#3029 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,326 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:34

Alonso has a REALLY bad character.

I've lost count of the amount of times he's been screaming on the radio for the team to allow him to pass a teammate without effort.

I can't remember who I'm quoting:

'The sound of Alonso going past the pits: WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!'

Spoilt baby.

You mean you can't count to 2?

#3030 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:34

Wow. I rooted for Alonso, but I don't know what to think anymore. He sure deserved to win the race, but to win like that?

#3031 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:35

Ill remind you then.

They told Hamilton the same thing. Does that mean they wanted Lewis to let Jenson past? No of course not. We don't know if McLaren have used team orders. They might have, but in Turkey it wasn't blatant and we don't know if they were teams orders, thus we have to give McLaren the benefit of the doubt. It was obvious here that Ferrari have cheated, hence the punishment.

#3032 Sin Plomo

Sin Plomo

• 112 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:36

Is that real?

For a man who's lived in Britain and raced in Britain, it find it amazing he considers British racing fans to be narrow minded. The worldwide outcry has nothing to do with nationality and everything to do with someone winning a race by moaning to their bosses, rather than driving around the man in front.

Nice of Alonso to clear up any confusion I had of our pretty well educated F1 fans (who still existed between 1996 and 2006 - AKA The Coulthard Years) actually being bitter nationalistic fanboys. Now I understand that all the Ferrari flags and caps I see in Britain are worn by travelling Italian tourists and Millionaire Playboys who've left their Red Ferrari (key ring) at home. British fans are too busy painting their houses Racing Green and throwing pasties at Seat cars.

#3033 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:37

who knows, he was still fast, maybe he could have done one more lap!

That is a ridiculous argument. They actually gave Jenson a better pit strategy, he gained more time than Lewis did :drunk: .

#3034 Coral

Coral

• 2,837 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:41

hmmm, have you forgotten valencia :drunk:

Huh? There wasn't any cheating at Valencia...just plenty of moaning courtesy of Alonso.

#3035 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,654 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:45

Is that real?

For a man who's lived in Britain and raced in Britain, it find it amazing he considers British racing fans to be narrow minded. The worldwide outcry has nothing to do with nationality and everything to do with someone winning a race by moaning to their bosses, rather than driving around the man in front.

My hope is that it is not, but something that's typical of the standards of journalism that the Spanish media bring to the table. If it is, though...eff him.

#3036 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:46

Obvious lier haha.

Obvious :D

#3037 F1EC

F1EC

• 864 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:46

Alonso is a liability to any team he drives for. He caused trouble at McLaren, at Renault, and now at Ferrari. The teams get blamed, but surely he's the underlying cause.
Who the hell is going to be masochistic enough to take him on next?

#3038 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:47

Wow. I rooted for Alonso, but I don't know what to think anymore. He sure deserved to win the race, but to win like that?

Sadly modern F1 tracks are designed in such a way that faster cars get stuck behind slower ones, causing a boring train of cars until pitstops. Im not really sure who deserves what TBH. There is no doubt in clean air, Alonso is currently the fastest driver in F1. Sp perhaps it is justice rather than hypocrisy, that he is able to compete for the title another day.

#3039 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:48

That is a ridiculous argument. They actually gave Jenson a better pit strategy, he gained more time than Lewis did :drunk: .

and could have even more and so overtake lewis if he wasnt called in one lap to early.

Advertisement

#3040 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

God save Alonso, if he wins tomorrow.

How ironic this post is. But no, I don't he can be saved from that 'victory'.

#3041 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Alonso is a liability to any team he drives for. He caused trouble at McLaren, at Renault, and now at Ferrari. The teams get blamed, but surely he's the underlying cause.
Who the hell is going to be masochistic enough to take him on next?

FYI, Brawn GP and Red Bull both tried to sign him after McLaren. Please get over the hatem it just shows how far removed from motorsport you are. Go to your local kart circuit and you'll se exactl ythe same emotions from the up and coming F1 drivers.

#3042 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:49

Sorry, but you forgot how Hamilton overtook the SC and then lied... :down:

#3043 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:50

it is a pity, that some people want to concetrate on one move by massa and not on the great speed of alonso!

#3044 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:55

Is that real?

Nice of Alonso to clear up any confusion I had of our pretty well educated F1 fans (who still existed between 1996 and 2006 - AKA The Coulthard Years) actually being bitter nationalistic fanboys. Now I understand that all the Ferrari flags and caps I see in Britain are worn by travelling Italian tourists and Millionaire Playboys who've left their Red Ferrari (key ring) at home. British fans are too busy painting their houses Racing Green and throwing pasties at Seat cars.

Again: he was talking in the context of the British press and british journalists. He was referring to British journalists. Actually, he said in Spanish: "Para los fans ingleses (de McLaren), que dos Ferraris ganen la carrera y terminar (McLaren) a cuarenta segundos, debe doler un poco. Habrá un poco de ruido en la prensa hasta el jueves, nada más"

#3045 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,276 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:56

Fernando is the greatest victim here. The whole rulebook seems to be against him all the time.

#3046 Lights

Lights

• 9,853 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:57

Fernando is the greatest victim here. The whole rulebook seems to be against him all the time.

He could just disagree with the action Ferrari had planned.

#3047 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,214 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 16:58

and could have even more and so overtake lewis if he wasnt called in one lap to early.

Then again if Lewis had been left out one more lap.... Do you actually think your arguments through?

#3048 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:00

it is a pity, that some people want to concetrate on one move by massa and not on the great speed of alonso!

I know. I don't think it was as bad as it seemed. Yes, it was team orders, but Alonso was faster and needed the points more than Massa.

#3049 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:01

Again: he was talking in the context of the British press and british journalists. He was referring to British journalists. Actually, he said in Spanish: "Para los fans ingleses (de McLaren), que dos Ferraris ganen la carrera y terminar (McLaren) a cuarenta segundos, debe doler un poco. Habrá un poco de ruido en la prensa hasta el jueves, nada más"

Are you being deliberatelly thick ? That's not what he is saying, he's specifically refering to the british fans.

On a diferent note, why people are still surprised on what a **** this guy is ? Isn't that a given already ?

#3050 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,562 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:01

The speed would have meant nothing if Massa wouldn't have moved over.