Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#3051 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,274 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:01

He could just disagree with the action Ferrari had planned.

He probably tried, but eventually Felipe slowed down too much and he had to pass to avoid hitting.

Advertisement

#3052 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,287 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:02

it is a pity, that some people want to concetrate on one move by massa and not on the great speed of alonso!

Who cares about the great speed of Alonso? He was right in Monza 2006 - "f1 isn't a sport anymore", no Fernando... no it isn't!

#3053 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:02

Sadly modern F1 tracks are designed in such a way that faster cars get stuck behind slower ones, causing a boring train of cars until pitstops. Im not really sure who deserves what TBH. There is no doubt in clean air, Alonso is currently the fastest driver in F1. Sp perhaps it is justice rather than hypocrisy, that he is able to compete for the title another day.

:up: :up: :up:

#3054 robefc

robefc

• 8,010 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:03

it is a pity, that some people want to concetrate on one move by massa and not on the great speed of alonso!

I'm sorry but what has that got to do with anything? Massa got by him at the start and alonso was unable to pass him when massa was slowed by traffic. Speed in free practice or quali is irrelevant, there's no way alonso deserved to win that race.

#3055 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:03

Who cares about the great speed of Alonso? He was right in Monza 2006 - "f1 isn't a sport anymore", no Fernando... no it isn't!

regarding team orders: they always were in f1 and always will be! sometimes they are necessary :up:

#3056 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,524 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:05

"Probably, for the British fans, seeing two Ferraris winning and ending the race 40 seconds later must hurt. There will be some fuss in the press until the next Thursday. That's all".

Stop spreading lies.

for the British fans

He said ony "for the British", clearly speaking about the press and not the fans. The fans part comes from your imagination.

40 seconds later must hurt

He didn't say that, he said : "they will not be happy" (because they saw 2 Ferrari winning and the McLarens finished half minute behind).

http://www.lasexta.c...ortes/293041/93

Edited by kosmos, 25 July 2010 - 17:08.

#3057 Arion

Arion

• 2,353 posts

Wow. I rooted for Alonso, but I don't know what to think anymore. He sure deserved to win the race, but to win like that?

You being sarcastic? you think he cares how he wins? Singapore?

#3058 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

I'm sorry but what has that got to do with anything? Massa got by him at the start and alonso was unable to pass him when massa was slowed by traffic. Speed in free practice or quali is irrelevant, there's no way alonso deserved to win that race.

your opinion, i have a different opinion on that

#3059 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:06

I know. I don't think it was as bad as it seemed. Yes, it was team orders, but Alonso was faster and needed the points more than Massa.

At the end of the day, if someone in Ferrari is going to win the WDC, it is Alonso.

Advertisement

#3060 Coral

Coral

• 2,725 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:06

Alonso is a liability to any team he drives for. He caused trouble at McLaren, at Renault, and now at Ferrari. The teams get blamed, but surely he's the underlying cause.
Who the hell is going to be masochistic enough to take him on next?

Alonso must be on the way to becoming the most disliked driver ever. I can't imagine who in their right mind would want to be Alonso's team-mate now...let's face it, he ruins people's careers without a second thought. Alonso cares about no one but himself. Massa is following on from Piquet Jr in becoming a downtrodden lapdog. Only Lewis was prepared to stand up to him, and Alonso has never forgotten this, hence his comments today about the British press and the "British fans go home, go home" at Silverstone. I don't honestly know how anyone can support Alonso...he is an unpleasant, contemptible little toe-rag IMO. :well:

Sorry, but you forgot how Hamilton overtook the SC and then lied... :down:

Lewis was penalised for that if you remember, so he had absolutely no reason to lie. :|

#3061 Sin Plomo

Sin Plomo

• 112 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:07

Again: he was talking in the context of the British press and british journalists. He was referring to British journalists. Actually, he said in Spanish: "Para los fans ingleses (de McLaren), que dos Ferraris ganen la carrera y terminar (McLaren) a cuarenta segundos, debe doler un poco. Habrá un poco de ruido en la prensa hasta el jueves, nada más"

What do McLaren have to do with it? They were 40 seconds further down the road. It sounds like he suffers from an inferiority complex, which is a shame because he's actually no reason to feel inferior to anyone.

#3062 Pikku Pakkanen

Pikku Pakkanen

• 732 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:08

Fernando Alonso is a despicable piece of shít.

#3063 Cargo

Cargo

• 224 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:08

Fernando is the greatest victim here. The whole rulebook seems to be against him all the time.

Alonso is a bag of poison for F1. It's inevitable that vermin like him would end up in a Ferrari . He's just a piece of filth .... :mad:

#3064 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:12

What do McLaren have to do with it? They were 40 seconds further down the road. It sounds like he suffers from an inferiority complex, which is a shame because he's actually no reason to feel inferior to anyone.

It's his Hamilton obsession. He has a wounded and tormented soul.

#3065 Gene and Tonic

Gene and Tonic

• 555 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:13

Whilst I think some of the people leaping to Fernando's defense are in the wrong, so are the people who are unfoundedly attacking him. The hate is unwarranted - it's not like Schumi v Hill etc. The problem with this board being so big is that it gets a wide range of people involved, and unfortunately some of them it seems are more used to commenting on youtube videos than f1 forums!

#3066 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:14

Alonso is a bag of poison for F1. It's inevitable that vermin like him would end up in a Ferrari . He's just a piece of filth .... :mad:

Welcome to the club but what took you soo long ? I've been saying this for a long time

#3067 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:15

Stop spreading lies.

He said ony "for the British", clearly speaking about the press and not the fans. The fans part comes from your imagination.

He didn't say that, he said : "they will not be happy" (because they saw 2 Ferrari winning and the McLarens finished half minute behind).

http://www.lasexta.c...ortes/293041/93

I'm sorry: My mistake. I was talking on memory and you're right. I was looking for the interview. My apologises.

#3068 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:17

Whilst I think some of the people leaping to Fernando's defense are in the wrong, so are the people who are unfoundedly attacking him. The hate is unwarranted - it's not like Schumi v Hill etc. The problem with this board being so big is that it gets a wide range of people involved, and unfortunately some of them it seems are more used to commenting on youtube videos than f1 forums!

Unfoundedly ??? Really ??? What he has been doing this past few years is not enough for you ?

#3069 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,305 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:20

There is nothing at all to like about the guy IMO.

Every time he has a team mate in front of him leading and he is 2nd all he can do is wave his fist like a little child. He cant race closely with out thowing his toys out of the pram.

He is one of the most overrated drivers in F1 IMO.

Edited by Massa_f1, 25 July 2010 - 17:21.

#3070 Grenada

Grenada

• 3,064 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:22

Every time he has a team mate in front of him leading and he is 2nd all he can do is wave his fist like a little child. He cant race closely with out thowing his toys out of the pram.

I saw this on a forum from a fanatical Brazilian Alonso female fan:

I'm so sad, I have never tought that fernando would do something so dirty.
When I start to be his fan was exacly cuz he was totaly the inverse of Schumacher., u know? ..
I'm so disapointed.. so soo sad.
I have never saw something so dirty.. how could him proud of this podium?
My heart is broken

nothing else to say

I think that says it all.

#3071 spade_mg

spade_mg

• 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:25

This guy's a cheater, remember SINGAPORE GP? Briatore got banned but he's left untouched.. after that he joined Ferrari thanks to SANTANDER's money and now again he will walk away unscathed from this scandal also :mad:

I am sure Ferrari wont pay US$100,000 fine from their own money, they'll just ask SANTANDER to pay for them!

#3072 Mclaren4ever

Mclaren4ever

• 341 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:25

7 out of his 23 (so almost 1/3) wins happened after the leader had reliability problems or his teammate "did something" for him. I´m sick of this guy.

#3073 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:26

At the end of the day, if someone in Ferrari is going to win the WDC, it is Alonso.

I know. I know. He fully deserves it. I was just chilled by how everything happened.

But I admire Alonso's courage and determination and I hope he can use that momentum to win the next one as well.

Edited by mkay, 25 July 2010 - 17:30.

#3074 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,524 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:27

I'm sorry: My mistake. I was talking on memory and you're right. I was looking for the interview. My apologises.

:up: No problem, everyone has the right to make mistakes, even Ferrari :cat:

Edited by kosmos, 25 July 2010 - 17:27.

#3075 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:28

I saw this on a forum from a fanatical Brazilian Alonso female fan:

I think that says it all.

Well many people feel the same after Australia 2009 but it seems you keep loving Hamilton.

Looking at some of the last posts I would like to know if insulting other people is always ok in this forum or it's only fine if Alonso is the target. :down: :down: :down:

#3076 StanByk

StanByk

• 38 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:28

Don't think he is overrated, but he definitely seems to have some sort of entitlement complex.

#3077 Grenada

Grenada

• 3,064 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:32

Well many people feel the same after Australia 2009 but it seems you keep loving Hamilton.

Looking at some of the last posts I would like to know if insulting other people is always ok in this forum or it's only fine if Alonso is the target. :down: :down: :down:

Huge difference - Hamilton admitted the offence and aplogised. Alonso is yet to admit anything or apologise. He just is proud of his dubious wins.

#3078 yr

yr

• 5,858 posts

Ofcourse he had no business winning this race, that´s obvious. Think about it like this, had driver infront of him been from some other team and thus not ordered to give his position to Alonso, there would have been nothing, zero, nil what Fernando could have done. Dont try to use "he would have passed him if they were not teammates" - line, because if you watched the race you saw how few (if any) passing on track there was. He might have been few tenths faster than Massa, but any other driver who would have kept same pace as Massa could have held him off. Sad and hollow win for Fenando today, I would be ashamed if I was a fan.

#3079 robefc

robefc

• 8,010 posts

Ok, so I assume you believe alonso deserved to win the race despite not being able to get into the lead without the help of teamorders? There was no bad luck or poor strategy involved with him being behind massa so I'd appreciate it if you could explain to me how alonso can possibly deerve to win this race?

Advertisement

#3080 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

It's good that we have people like you with a higher moral than the rest of us to tell us when we are wrong with our opinions. I would suggest that all posts go thru you so that we could keep our responses in a civilised and approriate manner.

#3081 yr

yr

• 5,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:33

Huge difference - Hamilton admitted the offence and aplogised. Alonso is yet to admit anything or apologise. He just is proud of his dubious wins.

If I recall correctly, he still is proud of his win in Valencia where Piquet was ordered to crash. What a guy. :rolleyes:

#3082 spade_mg

spade_mg

• 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:35

But I admire Alonso's courage and determination

Even I admire Alonso's courage and determination TO CHEAT !

He's been doing this for years and FIA is getting rich in the process and its a win-win situation for both of them.. FIA wins cash and Alonso "wins" races :rotfl:

#3083 K-One

K-One

• 5,908 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:37

Alonso has become the biggest hypocrite of F1, surpassing even great MS. His reputation is tarnished for good

#3084 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,277 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:39

If I recall correctly, he still is proud of his win in Valencia where Piquet was ordered to crash. What a guy. :rolleyes:

:up:

And at the same time cries about race manipulation (eg Valencia).

He has become hypocracy personified.

#3085 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,524 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:40

The press was "hyper" aggressive with Alonso in the press conference (from the floor).

http://www.fia.com/e...ference-sun.pdf

#3086 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:41

Even I admire Alonso's courage and determination TO CHEAT !

He's been doing this for years and FIA is getting rich in the process and its a win-win situation for both of them.. FIA wins cash and Alonso "wins" races :rotfl:

Where did he cheat? Was it Alonso's decision to pass Massa like that?

#3087 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:41

and could have even more and so overtake lewis if he wasnt called in one lap to early.

Not only were his tyres going off but he was coming upon more traffic. By keeping him out more it would have meant he would have been further behind Lewis. McLaren gave Jenson a great pit strategy. Don't try to defend Ferrari's appalling actions by claiming that it happened at McLaren when you have absolutely no evidence at all to support your conspiracy.

#3088 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:43

Alonso is a great racing driver but he has no class, i guess Massa was doing as instructed in his new contract

#3089 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:44

The difference is he didn't do anything wrong. Asking for a penalty is just hilarious, a penalty for what? Overtaking? Plus is quite funny to see this thread always full of McLaren and Kimi fans who only seems to act like the law and moral racing police in here.

#3090 Panktej

Panktej

• 353 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:45

Fernando Alonso has never won in Valencia

#3091 showtime

showtime

• 2,585 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:45

The press was "hyper" aggressive with Alonso in the press conference (from the floor).

http://www.fia.com/e...ference-sun.pdf

No surprise at all. We all know how they work.

#3092 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:47

I know. I don't think it was as bad as it seemed. Yes, it was team orders, but Alonso was faster and needed the points more than Massa.

Maybe we should scrap the race and just award points for qualy :drunk: . Part of racing is defense, Massa deserved the win and if Alonso couldn't get by then he didn't deserve the win.

#3093 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:48

Maybe we should scrap the race and just award points for qualy :drunk: . Part of racing is defense, Massa deserved the win and if Alonso couldn't get by then he didn't deserve the win.

No, because Massa was slower and only got the 1st place because of Vettel's poor defence.

Massa was slower than Alonso, shown by the gap that Alonso instantly put on him.

#3094 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:49

You think Alonso's win today was deserved? Unbelievable :eek: .

#3095 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,277 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:50

You think Alonso's win today was deserved? Unbelievable :eek: .

You're surprised?
Some of his fans display the same "qualities" as their hero.

Edited by Claudius, 25 July 2010 - 17:51.

#3096 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:52

I know. I know. He fully deserves it. I was just chilled by how everything happened.

But I admire Alonso's courage and determination and I hope he can use that momentum to win the next one as well.

And you're really supposed to be a McLaren fan? Just no.

#3097 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:54

I think telling the team that it was ridiculous him being stuck behind Massa put no pressure on them?

Not only were his tyres going off but he was coming upon more traffic. By keeping him out more it would have meant he would have been further behind Lewis. McLaren gave Jenson a great pit strategy. Don't try to defend Ferrari's appalling actions by claiming that it happened at McLaren when you have absolutely no evidence at all to support your conspiracy.

Its amazing how using Jenson's superior pit strategy to Lewis's is like a comparison with the Ferrari team orders gifting Alonso the win, are we in bizzaro world :rolleyes: :confused:

#3098 robefc

robefc

• 8,010 posts

No, because Massa was slower and only got the 1st place because of Vettel's poor defence.

Massa was slower than Alonso, shown by the gap that Alonso instantly put on him.

It's not a time trial for gods sake, it's racing, you have to deal with other cars. Otherwise why not just put them all in the bloody simulators and see who's quickest, there's a way to reduce costs for you.

I

#3099 spade_mg

spade_mg

• 5 posts

face it, this guy always cheats.. Ferrari-gate in 2007 where he was a whistle-blower only after he was denied #1 status in Mclaren, Singapore GP in 2009 and now this in 2010. He's involved in 3 scandals in 4yrs and still he's untouchable :clap:

Advertisement

#3100 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:55

And you're really supposed to be a McLaren fan? Just no.

Stop it. You're only hurt because Alonso winning put a lot more pressure on the McLaren drivers. You'd rather see Massa because Massa poses less of a threat...