Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#3101 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:55

Alonso has become the biggest hypocrite of F1, surpassing even great MS. His reputation is tarnished for good

Without a doubt. And he has got a few years yet to carry on making it worse.

Advertisement

#3102 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:55

And you're really supposed to be a McLaren fan? Just no.

He's a double agent :lol:

#3103 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:58

Without a doubt. And he has got a few years yet to carry on making it worse.

:confused:
stop hating :down:
start understanding :up:

#3104 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:58

No, because Massa was slower and only got the 1st place because of Vettel's poor defence.

Massa was slower than Alonso, shown by the gap that Alonso instantly put on him.

Are you for serious. Maybe we should only award points if races go without any incident. By your reasoning nearly all F1 race winners and champions are undeserving :stoned: .

#3105 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:59

You're surprised?
Some of his fans display the same "qualities" as their hero.

Good point.

#3106 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 17:59

I think telling the team that it was ridiculous him being stuck behind Massa put no pressure on them?

Its amazing how using Jenson's superior pit strategy to Lewis's is like a comparison with the Ferrari team orders gifting Alonso the win, are we in bizzaro world :rolleyes: :confused:

Well, he had a point. He was much faster than Massa and should have been in front, anyway.

#3107 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:01

Well, he had a point. He was much faster than Massa and should have been in front, anyway.

Should have been? Why? Because massa got a better start than him and was in front...that's why alonso should have been in front?

#3108 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:01

It's not a time trial for gods sake, it's racing, you have to deal with other cars. Otherwise why not just put them all in the bloody simulators and see who's quickest, there's a way to reduce costs for you.

I

My point was that Massa was in front because of circumstances, not because of outright pace. He was outqualified by 0.5 second and in the race was severely outpaced once Alonso was in clean air. Do you need more?

That's really reminiscent of Hamilton/Kovalainen in 2008, except that it was less subtle. Nobody cried for KOV in 2008; why should we do so for Massa this year? Nobody criticized Hamilton for it in 2008, why should we do so for Alonso? He rightfully won the race. Period. Let's move on.

#3109 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:02

Stop it. You're only hurt because Alonso winning put a lot more pressure on the McLaren drivers. You'd rather see Massa because Massa poses less of a threat...

Sorry can I just conform, are you a McLaren fan or where you joking when you said you were? Because you have just said you want Alonso to win the next race.

#3110 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:02

Should have been? Why? Because massa got a better start than him and was in front...that's why alonso should have been in front?

Read my previous post.

#3111 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:03

Sorry can I just conform, are you a McLaren fan or where you joking when you said you were? Because you have just said you want Alonso to win the next race.

I am a McLaren fan, but not obsessed.

I enjoy seeing great driving by all teams/drivers and today Alonso was flawless and the controversy behind the pass was largely engineered by the whiney Massa/Smedley.

#3112 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:03

:confused:
stop hating :down:
start understanding :up:

Oh sorry, I mustn't have understood any of the 3 scandals that he was directly involved in over the last few years like you did :stoned: .

Edited by syph0nJZ05, 25 July 2010 - 18:03.

#3113 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,695 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:05

He should have raced Massa for the position then.

#3114 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:05

Oh sorry, I mustn't have understood any of the 3 scandals that he was directly involved in over the last few years like you did :stoned: .

tell me which three you mean!

and then tell me why do you hate? no reason for that! We are discussing just about formul1, not more, not less.

#3115 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:06

he did, and what is your point!

#3116 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:07

Not the whole race and certainly not in the first stint.

#3117 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:08

did he race Massa? What race were u watching. :stoned:

#3118 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:09

The press was "hyper" aggressive with Alonso in the press conference (from the floor).

http://www.fia.com/e...ference-sun.pdf

Question of the year:

Q: (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Fernando, you said after Valencia that the race had been manipulated in favour of Lewis. Those words seem a bit hollow now. Where will this victory rank in your career, is it up there with Singapore 2008?

:lol:

#3119 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

did he race Massa? What race were u watching. :stoned:

maybe you forgot he already passed him and than in the hairpin massa fighted back

Advertisement

#3120 Mclaren4ever

Mclaren4ever

• 341 posts

Question of the year:

Q: (Ian Gordon – News of the World) Fernando, you said after Valencia that the race had been manipulated in favour of Lewis. Those words seem a bit hollow now. Where will this victory rank in your career, is it up there with Singapore 2008?

god like :rotfl: :clap:

#3121 spade_mg

spade_mg

• 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:10

he did get pas MASSA using his influence on the team NOT USING HIS RACING SKILL (tbh he doesnt have that much racing skill but who cares as long as he can keep "winning" like this)

Edited by spade_mg, 25 July 2010 - 18:11.

#3122 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,695 posts

Being given a free pass is not racing for the position.

#3123 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Wow. I rooted for Alonso, but I don't know what to think anymore. He sure deserved to win the race, but to win like that?

I am a McLaren fan, but not obsessed.

I enjoy seeing great driving by all teams/drivers and today Alonso was flawless and the controversy behind the pass was largely engineered by the whiney Massa/Smedley.

Would make up your mind and/or grow some spine ?

#3124 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Question of the year:

very primitive.
it can just amuse primitive people, too :down:

#3125 yr

yr

• 5,970 posts

Could somebody explain this "he was faster and should have been infront" for me, as I cant for a life of mine to get a grip on that thought? In any given races there are faster cars behind slower cars, sometimes because of poor qual, sometimes because of poor start, sometimes because running wide or spinning or whatever driving error, sometimes because poor tactics by team. Should we have races from now on, where "faster car" is always allowed to get free pass over slower car that is infront? Is that your dream of ultimate racing? Jesus.

I dont know what is your (or other Alonso-fans who have expressed same opinion) define of word "racing" - but it definately is different from mine.

#3126 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Isn't it what he did?

#3127 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:11

My point was that Massa was in front because of circumstances, not because of outright pace. He was outqualified by 0.5 second and in the race was severely outpaced once Alonso was in clean air. Do you need more?

That's really reminiscent of Hamilton/Kovalainen in 2008, except that it was less subtle. Nobody cried for KOV in 2008; why should we do so for Massa this year? Nobody criticized Hamilton for it in 2008, why should we do so for Alonso? He rightfully won the race. Period. Let's move on.

Actually I do need more becaue the relevance of qualifying is where you start on the gird, it doesn't give you a right to be in front of another car. So what if alonso was quicker when in clear air, a) I doubt that felipe was giving his best then and b) he couldn't get past felipe by overtaking.

I've got no problem with them letting alonso through as a team decision but I'm bewildered by everyone trying to justify a rae win because the guy was quicker in qualifying and quicker in clear air after has allowed past, it's all completely irrelevant.

And if you can't see the difference between a guy being put behind his teammate thanks to a poor strategy by his time and that teammate letting him past so he can go and win the race to a guy having to hand victory to his teammat then we're just living on different planets.

#3128 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

Isn't it what he did?

He tried but blew his overtaking opportunity.

#3129 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Would make up your mind and/or grow some spine ?

I actually rewatched it. What really shook me was Smedley and Massa's lack of subtlety. Not Alonso.

#3130 F1EC

F1EC

• 864 posts

Question of the year:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

#3131 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,695 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:12

maybe you forgot he already passed him and than in the hairpin massa fighted back

So Massa was able to defend his position and could have expected to do so until the end of the race. Alonso had to rely on orders to get him in front. You have made it look even more gutless than it was before.

#3132 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:13

Actually I do need more becaue the relevance of qualifying is where you start on the gird, it doesn't give you a right to be in front of another car. So what if alonso was quicker when in clear air, a) I doubt that felipe was giving his best then and b) he couldn't get past felipe by overtaking.

I've got no problem with them letting alonso through as a team decision but I'm bewildered by everyone trying to justify a rae win because the guy was quicker in qualifying and quicker in clear air after has allowed past, it's all completely irrelevant.

And if you can't see the difference between a guy being put behind his teammate thanks to a poor strategy by his time and that teammate letting him past so he can go and win the race to a guy having to hand victory to his teammat then we're just living on different planets.

It's the same, my friend. You let someone pass.

How funny is it that you think starting position/pace does not give you the right to be in front (ie. for Alonso), but it did for Hamilton in 2008.

Hamilton should have just opened a large enough gap to come out in front of his teammate if he wanted to avoid such blatant team order situation.

#3133 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

I am a McLaren fan, but not obsessed. I enjoy seeing great driving by all teams/drivers and today Alonso was flawless.

Yeah all these obsessed McLaren fans that don't want Alonso to win next race :rolleyes: . I won't comment about you again, don't worry, but IMHO you're more of a neutral, nothing wrong with that at all.

the controversy behind the pass was largely engineered by the whiney Massa/Smedley.

Yeah I can't believe Massa and Smedley where upset/angry at being made to let Alonso past. Unbelievable.

#3134 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

very primitive.

It hurts really bad huh ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#3135 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Question of the year:

Wow. Smells like sour grapes for Brits today.

#3136 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,388 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:14

He did and regained first. Maybe Alonso should of tried it agan instead of using the team people might actualy found respect for the guy.

#3137 fed up

fed up

• 1,986 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:15

Question of the year:

:clap:

#3138 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Yeah all these obsessed McLaren fans that don't want Alonso to win next race :rolleyes: . I won't comment about you again, don't worry, but IMHO you're more of a neutral, nothing wrong with that at all.

Yeah I can't believe Massa and Smedley where upset/angry at being made to let Alonso past. Unbelievable.

I actually like it when you comment about me. I like McLaren and Lewis (he's my favourite driver even since he arrived in F1), but it's not unconditional love. Lewis' has been in many controversies (Hungary 2007, Hockenheim 2008, Australia 2009, Spa 2008) so it's a bit rich for Lewis fans to come out and attack Alonso on integrity and morals.

#3139 showtime

showtime

• 2,676 posts

The British journos look like a mix of McLaren hysterical fans and FBI agents doing and interrogation :down: :down: :down: :down: And I thought Spanish ones were bad...

Advertisement

#3140 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

god like :rotfl: :clap:

I was laughing so hard when I read that. The funny thing is Alonso does actually still rate his Singapore victory :drunk: .

#3141 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

It's the same, my friend. You let someone pass.

How funny is it that you think starting position/pace does not give you the right to be in front (ie. for Alonso), but it did for Hamilton in 2008.

Hamilton should have just opened a large enough gap to come out in front of his teammate if he wanted to avoid such blatant team order situation.

Well then we definitely are living on different planets, and nice bash at hamilton from a macca fan for not being able to reopen a gap in a few laps after the SC destroyed his lead and his team cocked up.

Anyway, how about the rest of my post?

#3142 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:16

I actually rewatched it. What really shook me was Smedley and Massa's lack of subtlety. Not Alonso.

So their lack of "subtlety" made "winning like that" acceptable ?

#3143 robefc

robefc

• 8,107 posts

The British journos look like a mix of McLaren hysterical fans and FBI agents doing and interrogation :down: :down: :down: :down: And I thought Spanish ones were bad...

News of the world and daily mirror...not the finest examples of british journalism.

#3144 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,695 posts

Wow. Smells like sour grapes for Brits today.

Truth hurts.

#3145 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 2,352 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:17

Question of the year:

For Uk tabloids, Fernando Alonso is just another pantomime villain, little different from immigrants, caanabis, Kerry Katona...

Journalists working for these rags deserve little attention.

#3146 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

It hurts really bad huh ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

why should such words hurt
the intention is cleat, but those are words of a primitive, so they are nothing worth

#3147 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

very primitive.

I didn't think you would like it :lol: .

Or people with a sense of humour.

#3148 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:18

News of the world and daily mirror...not the finest examples of british journalism.

Yeah, but the questions were quite in order, actually too polite.

#3149 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:18

Well then we definitely are living on different planets, and nice bash at hamilton from a macca fan for not being able to reopen a gap in a few laps after the SC destroyed his lead and his team cocked up.

Anyway, how about the rest of my post?

Well, I've answered to most of it.

Plus, Alonso is the chosen one at Ferrari and has the most chances of winning the WDC. Pretty logical decision, like the one McLaren made in 2008 in Germany... :smoking:

#3150 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:19

Q: (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Fernando, you’ve said that you’re happy with this win
but to be honest, I’ve never seen a driver look less happy in the middle of a podium there
today, and in the middle of this press conference here. Why can’t you just be honest with us
for once, and just admit that this win was handed to you on a plate today?

SV: Can I go?

Q: (Ian Parkes – The Press Association) Go Sebastian! Sebastian, give us your thoughts?

FA: Hopefully the next question is for Sebastian. No, stay, stay. As I said, I think we were competitive
on Friday, I was very competitive on Friday, first position. Finishing second in qualifying by 12
centimeters, I heard yesterday and today I think we scored the fastest lap of the race, so overall I
don’t think I was very slow this weekend

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: