Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#3201 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:59

F1 tracks are a disgrace. Last year was the worse for overtaking in over 20 years and yet theres so much hate for the drivers
Alonso has sat behind massa twice this season when even Martin Brundle expected them to move over. The time had to come, and you are certainly following the wrong sport if it hurts you that bad. Perhaps you should have tried to follow for at least 1 season to understand a little bit of what goes on. As if Coulthard's and shummis comments wernt enough.

You can overtake on this track so pointless saying that. If Alonso was so good he would be able to and infact did only to loose out again to Massa.

Advertisement

#3202 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 18:59

The reaction in those questions, to me, smacked of people who don't like being lied to. I understand that feeling.

If I were in Ferrari's shoes and if team orders were legal, I would have done exactly the same as they did. I can't criticise them for it, other than to say it's possibly against one of the rules (a silly one, IMO, but it's there).

The frustrating thing is all the lying. Every statement coming out of Ferrari just says "we think you are all idiots and will buy this bull sh*t". People don't like having their intelligence insulted. Claiming Felipe wasn't ordered to let Alonso through is just that.

No, it isn't. If they had come out during the race and said: "Felipe, let FA through. It's a team order", then yes. However, those words have never been uttered during the race and Ferrari can point to a throttle malfunction for Massa as being the reason why Alonso passed him.

#3203 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:00

It is the stewards (and now the WMSC) to look at all available evidence and interpret what they believe had happened. This was so blatant that there is no need for such evidence as a direct radio conversation like in 2002.

Todt is head now. Hamilton was lucky he didn't get banned at all in 2009 for his shenanigans. I except Ferrari to have a suspended ban, if they get anything (other than a fine) at all.

#3204 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:00

No, it isn't. If they had come out during the race and said: "Felipe, let FA through. It's a team order", then yes. However, those words have never been uttered during the race and Ferrari can point to a throttle malfunction for Massa as being the reason why Alonso passed him.

a throttle malfunction LOL. who on earth is going to take that seriously.

Edited by Massa_f1, 25 July 2010 - 19:01.

#3205 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:01

a throttle malfunction LOL. who on earth is going to take that seriously.

Telemetry.

#3206 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:02

Easy to refute.

A) Millions of people knew Hamilton had let Kimi through, but he was still slapped with that penalty.

B) McLaren/LH have been DSQ'd in Australia 2009 by stewards but the WMSC only gave them a suspended ban.

As for Ferrari, B is what will happen to them in September.

WHAT???????????

They was DSQ but you thought that should have being increased or something??

Are you really a McLaren fan?, give it up.

Edited by Anomnader, 25 July 2010 - 19:04.

#3207 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

Brits are just pissed because Alonso and Ferrari won in a dominating fashion, they have the fastest car and McLaren's title chances (and even RBR's) look a lot less certain. Furthermore, Alonso is probably the most hated driver by the Brit press so to see him triumph and get out of this mess scot-free infuriates them to no end.

On the contrary, Alonso is considered as the best driver by the Brits. You know why? The Brits have a different way of seeing things. They started to consider Alonso the best after Hamilton beat him in their year together.

Does this make any sense to you? Let me explain, Alonso wasn't considered as the fastest driver by the Brits until he was beaten by their golden boy meaning that by saying Alonso is the best theyr'e actually saying that Hamilton is better, since he beat him, without saying it directly. Think about, the best driver in the world beaten by Hamilton. You see where I am going with this.

The unfortunate thing is that Alonso himself believes in this.

Edited by Mr j, 25 July 2010 - 19:05.

#3208 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

I totally agree. I'm a Mac fan but I was very impressed with the Ferrari pace and they deserved the 1-2 [hurts to admit that] but to see Massa trodden on as he was today ruined the race for a lot of F1 fans. For me the most sensible penalty would be to reverse the 1-2 result or give Alonso a 5 second penalty which would achieve the same result.

If it wasnt for Vettel's dirty driving Alonso would have totally ran away with the race. Massa trod on himself when he started signing these contracts as Schummis N02. As much as I hate these contracts, if the tracks had more overtaking opportuniytes they would never be needed.
Honestly cant understand why people prefer to see slower drivers stuck in a train. As if last year (theworse for overtaking in over 20 years) wasnt proof enough. But hey, if it pleases the internet fanboys, then just ban Alonso.

#3209 gorivan

gorivan

• 226 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:03

I don't think even the most devoted fans will deny that the number of Alonso supporters has not increased today. I wasn't even a neutral, I was a bit of a fan, but now...

One thing is certain - I cannot see anyone wishing their favourite driver to end up alongside Alonso, whether at Ferrari or any other team(s) he vows to end his carreer with.

#3210 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Todt is head now. Hamilton was lucky he didn't get banned at all in 2009 for his shenanigans. I except Ferrari to have a suspended ban, if they get anything (other than a fine) at all.

What shenanigans? Lewis saying one thing to the media and another to the stewards whilst being lead by a Team Boss?

What about today, we've seen stacks of Lies from Ferrari, you bothered about that?

#3211 Atic Atac

Atic Atac

• 326 posts

Remind me when, at Indianapolis in 2007, Alonso was on the radio demanding to be allowed to overtake?

And remind me when he made such a demand today. Unless "this is ridiculous" has suddenly become English for "I demand to be allowed to overtake".

That's actually 1.

Remind me who has failed again?

It´s funny, but the team ordered Alonso NOT to attack Hamilton a second time..... Speaking of team orders, that was a pretty blatant one and in that case that race was "manipulated" also

Teams have been using team orders all this years, but the only way to get caught is if the driver makes things so obviously that everyone sees it.

BTW, Schumy seems to support Ferrari´s decision ;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/5zP-7osU-E8

The bottom line is that FA is 7 points closer to the leaders. Noone seems worried about FM, so all the opponents prefer him scoring points instead of Alonso. We have passed half season and the teams have to make their choices. Ferrari and Red bull have made them but McLaren can´t do it because it wouldn't be polite.

#3212 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

I'm sorry but yes it is, doesn't matter what was physically said, everybody knew what they actually meant - and Smedley's communication in particular made it ridiculously obvious.

I so hope Massa gets in the lead next race too if the Ferrari's are up front to see what happens, will they try it again two races in a row or will they be more intelligent about it?

#3213 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:04

On the contrary, Alonso is considered as the best driver by the Brits. You know why? The Brits have a different sense of seeing things. They started to consider Alonso the best after Hamilton beat him in their year together.

Does this make any sense to you? Let me explain, Alonso wasn't considered as the fastest driver by the Brits until he was beaten by their golden boy meaning that by saying Alonso is the best theyr'e actually saying that Hamilton is better, since he beat him, without saying it directly. Think about, the best driver in the world but beaten by Hamilton. You see where I am going with this.

But they finished equal and they both now have a lot of respect for each other. Which is why I personally respect both drivers and think its funny when the sun readers come here to rant.

#3214 Tomerell

Tomerell

• 1,333 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:05

Brits are just pissed because Alonso and Ferrari won in a dominating fashion, they have the fastest car and McLaren's title chances (and even RBR's) look a lot less certain. Furthermore, Alonso is probably the most hated driver by the Brit press so to see him triumph and get out of this mess scot-free infuriates them to no end.

Without a team order Felippe would have won in dominant fashion... Ferrari in both cases :well:

Edited by Tomerell, 25 July 2010 - 19:05.

#3215 Sound of Speed

Sound of Speed

• 63 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:05

Alonso is really a hypocrite, liar and cybaby.

Pathetic. :down:

#3216 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:06

How do you know that he won't do that?

Well, he still has his Singapore trophy, hasn't he ?

#3217 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:06

I don't think even the most devoted fans will deny that the number of Alonso supporters has not increased today. I wasn't even a neutral, I was a bit of a fan, but now...

One thing is certain - I cannot see anyone wishing their favourite driver to end up alongside Alonso, whether at Ferrari or any other team(s) he vows to end his carreer with.

I laugh at the people who keep claiming this was for the good of the team, and even more so when its Alonso claim its a team sport and what happened today was for the good of the team.

BS

Alonso only cares about one thing, himself, he wants the WDC, he doesn't care about Ferrari, they can just supply him with the best car.
If it was for the good of the team for Massa to win, would he have done? Would he hell have! This was the problem at McLaren, he wanted a slave, he didn't get it so he had a strop.

#3218 Tomerell

Tomerell

• 1,333 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:07

Well, he still has his Singapore trophy, hasn't he ?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#3219 Arion

Arion

• 2,353 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:07

Easy to refute.

A) Millions of people knew Hamilton had let Kimi through, but he was still slapped with that penalty.

B) McLaren/LH have been DSQ'd in Australia 2009 by stewards but the WMSC only gave them a suspended ban.

As for Ferrari, B is what will happen to them in September.

That's not refute, you're just giving a different opinion. And you didn't get his first point, he's responding to your post on the bias of the British press, not potential penalty for Ferrari.

Advertisement

#3220 robefc

robefc

• 8,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:08

On the contrary, Alonso is considered as the best driver by the Brits. You know why? The Brits have a different way of seeing things. They started to consider Alonso the best after Hamilton beat him in their year together.

Does this make any sense to you? Let me explain, Alonso wasn't considered as the fastest driver by the Brits until he was beaten by their golden boy meaning that by saying Alonso is the best theyr'e actually saying that Hamilton is better, since he beat him, without saying it directly. Think about, the best driver in the world beaten by Hamilton. You see where I am going with this.

:rotfl:

Brilliant of the wall reasoning!

#3221 Flamini

Flamini

• 809 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:09

This pretty much summarizes my thought.

Ferrari and Alonso are back in it, and the Brits ain't happy about that.

This is only the beginning. Just imagine what will happen when Alonso win WDC this year. Some arteries will explode.

#3222 race

race

• 457 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:09

So you only hate it when it's too obvious and Ferrari is involved. And you talk about fanboys and trolls...

Where did I say that? If you can't admit to being in a very very very small minority today, you are delusional. Sports-viewers hate these kinds of things, be it doping or any other kind of cheating or breaking the rules. There are always shades of gray, but today it was just too dark. People comparing this to Vettel getting the new wing just don't get it. The fact that Webber didn't even the like the new wing aside, there would still be several steps between that incident and this. I disliked the Red Bull blunder and other shady incidents, but this is something different entirely.

#3223 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:10

2007 was one of the most entertaining seasons after years of farce at Ferrari where it was a one driver team of which Alonso had to fight against. So he knows better than anyone here what goes on.
Until now, Alonso had to sit behind massa for two races when he was quicker. Big deal, Massa has been asked to pull over once in 3 situations but somehow Alonso is the devil. None of this would have happened had vettel made a fairer start.

#3224 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Well I was in 2008 on this forum also and after the Nurburgring "Kova, Lewis is faster than you" I remember the McLaren fans saying that it was justify to do that...bringing all excuses here like: Hamilton was faster(so was Alonso), Hamilton was faster all season(so was Alonso), Kova has only mathematical chances(so has Massa)... Now they suddenly changed their mind...

:up: @mkay, but is pointless to discuss with some fanboys...

#3225 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Can you prove it wasn't Massa's idea to let Alonso through?

What happened to Massa's attitude between the lap when they went round T6 side by side and Massa defended robustly (resulting in the "this is rediculous" radio message from Alonso) and the lap where Massa didn't accelerate properly out of T6 to let Alonso by?

Massa got a coded team order, that's what.

#3226 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

This is only the beginning. Just imagine what will happen when Alonso win WDC this year. Some arteries will explode.

God, yes. I am happy I don't like in England. People talk about how biased the Spanish press is, the British one is as bad.

#3227 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:11

I really don't know what your problem is but this is totally uncalled for. The thing everyone (including me) is annoyed about is that Massa was denied a win he richly deserved and Ferrari tried to play us all for fools with their behaviour afterwards.

I totally understand Ferrari's reasons behind doing it, but they really should have handled it better if that's what they wanted to do. But please don't try and defend Alonso and Ferrari - and to be honest if Alonso is really as good as he and a lot of people think he really should have done his talking on track.

#3228 Lokt

Lokt

• 460 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:11

Alonso have been the fastest guy the whole weekend and I understand why Ferrari did what they did.

But people trying to argue that it wasn´t a obivious team order are just trying to put clothes on a monkey and claim it´s a human. (I think it´s a stupid rule because I belive F1 is a team sport. None the less there is a rule against it that teams have to follow)

Not the way to win a race and I know why people feel upset, but hey Alonso is back in the fight which is great!

Edited by Lokt, 25 July 2010 - 19:12.

#3229 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:12

But they finished equal and they both now have a lot of respect for each other. Which is why I personally respect both drivers and think its funny when the sun readers come here to rant.

Points are not everything, Hamilton in his rookie year showed that he had better pace than Alonso. A lot of people say that Kimi won becuse of the mistakes Hamilton made in the last two races but if he wouldn't have done those mistakes he would have been well ahead of Alonso. And even if we disregard those last two races Hamilton showed that he was more of a title contender that season than Alonso was, and that was in his rookie season, his rookie season.

#3230 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:13

Where did I say that? If you can't admit to being in a very very very small minority today, you are delusional. Sports-viewers hate these kinds of things, be it doping or any other kind of cheating or breaking the rules. There are always shades of gray, but today it was just too dark. People comparing this to Vettel getting the new wing just don't get it. The fact that Webber didn't even the like the new wing aside, there would still be several steps between that incident and this. I disliked the Red Bull blunder and other shady incidents, but this is something different entirely.

In sports that doping goes on, the competitors arnt forced to compete in dirty air with only one overtaking opportunity per lap.
F1 circuits are a farce in themselves. Its hardly surprising then that team orders are used by *all* teams to gain track position .

#3231 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:14

If there had been a throttle malfunction that caused the pass, we would have heard about it by now. I am 100% sure of this.

What, in your opinion, caused the pass? Was it 100% Felipe's decision or was it a result of a coded message from the pit wall? And how sure are you of your opinion - ie "I am sure it was a team order"; "I am pretty sure it was a team order but it can't be proven"; "I have no idea"; "I am pretty sure it was not a team order"; "I am certain it was not a team order"?

#3232 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 11,476 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:15

Well I was in 2008 on this forum also and after the Nurburgring "Kova, Lewis is faster than you" I remember the McLaren fans saying that it was justify to do that...bringing all excuses here like: Hamilton was faster(so was Alonso), Hamilton was faster all season(so was Alonso), Kova has only mathematical chances(so has Massa)... Now they suddenly changed their mind...

:up: @mkay, but is pointless to discuss with some fanboys...

Certainly with you.

As I posted in another thread 2008 was completely different. Hamilton was on a totally different strategy and had to pit from a commanding lead as a result from a team screw up while Kovalainen was miles of the pace. Lewsis had a chance to win and Kovy didn't.

Quite a bit different from today.

#3233 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:15

What happened to Massa's attitude between the lap when they went round T6 side by side and Massa defended robustly (resulting in the "this is rediculous" radio message from Alonso) and the lap where Massa didn't accelerate properly out of T6 to let Alonso by?

Massa got a coded team order, that's what.

It may be coded, but can the WMSC and pundits actually prove it was a coded team order? I don't think so.

#3234 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:16

Points are not everything, Hamilton in his rookie year showed that he had better pace than Alonso. A lot of people say that Kimi won becuse of the mistakes Hamilton made in the last two races but if he wouldn't have done those mistakes he would have been well ahead of Alonso. And even if we disregard those last two races Hamilton showed that he was more of a title contender that season than Alonso was, and that was in his rookie season, his rookie season.

When I watch the youtube videos of their 4 wins each, no driver was dominant overall. Indeed Alonso made 2 mistakes that cost him the tittle. One of those seemed to have his teams backing and only Anthony hamilton's complaint got in the way of that one.

#3235 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,328 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:16

It may be coded, but can the WMSC and pundits actually prove it was a coded team order? I don't think so.

Lol youd have to be an idiot not see it was a team order.

#3236 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:17

It´s funny, but the team ordered Alonso NOT to attack Hamilton a second time..... Speaking of team orders, that was a pretty blatant one and in that case that race was "manipulated" also

Teams have been using team orders all this years, but the only way to get caught is if the driver makes things so obviously that everyone sees it.

BTW, Schumy seems to support Ferrari´s decision ;)

http://www.youtube.com/v/5zP-7osU-E8

The bottom line is that FA is 7 points closer to the leaders. Noone seems worried about FM, so all the opponents prefer him scoring points instead of Alonso. We have passed half season and the teams have to make their choices. Ferrari and Red bull have made them but McLaren can´t do it because it wouldn't be polite.

Kudos to Shumi. As he said, other team did it but in a most polite way... :up: :up:

#3237 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:17

By that logic, when murderers are on trial and say they didn't do it, we just believe them right? The evidence is laid out in front of them, and that's why they got a penalty.

#3238 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:18

If there had been a throttle malfunction that caused the pass, we would have heard about it by now. I am 100% sure of this.

What, in your opinion, caused the pass? Was it 100% Felipe's decision or was it a result of a coded message from the pit wall? And how sure are you of your opinion - ie "I am sure it was a team order"; "I am pretty sure it was a team order but it can't be proven"; "I have no idea"; "I am pretty sure it was not a team order"; "I am certain it was not a team order"?

When I say this, it's to show that it's easy to misinterpret Ferrari's call. People may see it as a team order. Other won't. I think it is a team order, but does not warrant such negative publicity and controversy. Massa is not their preferred choice to win the title, Alonso is. Alonso deserved that title, as he has been Ferrari's fastest driver so far this year.

Put yourself back in 2008. Would McLaren tell Kova to keep on defending against LH or to let him through? They actually told KOV to let Lewis through (Germany and Britain 2008). Because team communications weren't public, we didn't get a chance to hear it. Furthermore, knowing McLaren, they were probably a little more subtle.

#3239 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:19

Certainly with you.

As I posted in another thread 2008 was completely different. Hamilton was on a totally different strategy and had to pit from a commanding lead as a result from a team screw up while Kovalainen was miles of the pace. Lewsis had a chance to win and Kovy didn't.

Nothings different.
All teams use orders. Ferrari took the piss and got fined.

Advertisement

#3240 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:21

It depends on your standard of proof.

Was it ever proven that Schumacher deliberately parked it at Rascasse? Not on the standard of proof you are advocating here. So I assume you disagreed with that penalty?

I agreed with it, even though there was no "I'm going to park it to bring out the red flag" radio transmission. As the decision said, there was no other logical reason for him to have taken the actions he did.

In this instance, there is no other logical explanation for the sequence of events and radio transmissions that we saw other than it was a team order.

#3241 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:22

I really don't know what your problem is but this is totally uncalled for. The thing everyone (including me) is annoyed about is that Massa was denied a win he richly deserved and Ferrari tried to play us all for fools with their behaviour afterwards.

I totally understand Ferrari's reasons behind doing it, but they really should have handled it better if that's what they wanted to do. But please don't try and defend Alonso and Ferrari - and to be honest if Alonso is really as good as he and a lot of people think he really should have done his talking on track.

I didn't defend Alonso if you misunderstood my post, I was only responding to another post. And I totally agree with you that this should have been Felipes win. No matter what people say he wasn't slower than Alonso and Alonso wouldn't have been able to pass him if they were able to race each other.

And also this would have been a PR dream for Ferrari to let Massa win on the one year day of his accident instead of this PR nightmare that they are facing now.

Massa was my driver of the day if there is any misconception of what I think of the race!

#3242 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Certainly with you.

Alonso was faster than Massa also, He proved in Qualy and he proved in the race. He was screwed up by Vettel at start coz he would have been in front of Massa as he fully deserved . Both were team orders...

#3243 race

race

• 457 posts

Honestly cant understand why people prefer to see slower drivers stuck in a train. As if last year (theworse for overtaking in over 20 years) wasnt proof enough. But hey, if it pleases the internet fanboys, then just ban Alonso.

So your opinion is that the race was utterly boring until Alonso's magical pass on Massa? After that it was sheer joy to watch Alonso driving alone at the front instead of an on-track battle for the win? With this kind of reasoning, I don't wonder you have trouble understanding other people. There are probably only a handful of people in the world who could understand your views of good racing.

#3244 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:25

God save Alonso, if he wins tomorrow.

God save Alonso, if he wins the WDC this year.

#3245 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 11,476 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:27

Alonso was faster than Massa also, He proved in Qualy and he proved in the race. He was screwed up by Vettel at start coz he would have been in front of Massa as he fully deserved . Both were team orders...

Well, let's say I've seen more convincing proof than today  ;) (qualifying is of course completely irrellevant)

#3246 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

In this instance, there is no other logical explanation for the sequence of events and radio transmissions that we saw other than it was a team order.

the word order implies that massa had no option, but he had!
he was informed and he decided to work for the better of the team :up:

#3247 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

God save Alonso, if he wins the WDC this year.

:up: :)

#3248 Mr j

Mr j

• 530 posts

So your opinion is that the race was utterly boring until Alonso's magical pass on Massa? After that it was sheer joy to watch Alonso driving alone at the front instead of an on-track battle for the win? With this kind of reasoning, I don't wonder you have trouble understanding other people. There are probably only a handful of people in the world who could understand your views of good racing.

Your'e probably beeing predjucide by thinking there would even be a handful of people who would understand this kind of logic.

Edited by Mr j, 25 July 2010 - 19:28.

#3249 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,122 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:28

regarding team orders: they always were in f1 and always will be! sometimes they are necessary :up:

But they are illegal are they not? Just as overtaking a safety car is illegal and frankly you went ape shit about that misdemeanour, ranting on about the injustice of it all and how Hamilton did it on purpose and the FIA was slow in reacting etc... etc..

Now it's Alonso that has broken a rule, It's necessary.... Have you ever heard the word objectivity...? :lol:

Edited by skid solo, 25 July 2010 - 19:28.

#3250 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:28

When I say this, it's to show that it's easy to misinterpret Ferrari's call. People may see it as a team order. Other won't. I think it is a team order, but does not warrant such negative publicity and controversy. Massa is not their preferred choice to win the title, Alonso is. Alonso deserved that title, as he has been Ferrari's fastest driver so far this year.

Put yourself back in 2008. Would McLaren tell Kova to keep on defending against LH or to let him through? They actually told KOV to let Lewis through (Germany and Britain 2008). Because team communications weren't public, we didn't get a chance to hear it. Furthermore, knowing McLaren, they were probably a little more subtle.

As did Brown last year as RedBull is doing this year... Team orders everywhere. Just that Ferrari are stupid how the handle this.