Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#3401 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 20:57

It is a shame when the soul of my favourite sport is removed. There was no dignity today in F1. Nothing upsets me more than watching grown men lying to the camera's and indirectly to me.

theny you must be upset very often, and not only today

Edited by YellowHelmet, 25 July 2010 - 21:00.

Advertisement

#3402 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 20:58

In other hand... what most of people seem to have forget is that Ferraris lapped almost everyone today until P7 (Alonso even passed Kubica in the last laps), so Ferrari seem to be unbeatable now, a fighting face to face with Red Bull, which puts Alonso in the first line of fight for the world-championship. Hungary sounds to be the same thing. Red Bull boss's face today, before the race, seemed really scared and nervous. Not a single smile there. Ferrari sounds really serious and strong now. And Alonso said last week: "We're on bound to the championship".

The McLaren's about 30-40 seconds back sound weak at this moment.

That could be the reason of all this fuss about Ferrari team orders...

Not a chance, Ferrari is the most supported team in the world, Ferrari winning the title is great for F1 especially as it's been a few years since their last title. The fuss is because they have yet again dragged F1 through the mud with their ridiculous charade today.

There would be nothing better than an epic surge from Alonso through the second half of the season to clinch the title like Raikkonen did in 07, but this isn't the way to do it. If you want respect, treat the fans with respect. If you treat them like fools, you're only going to get the same back.

#3403 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,155 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 20:59

it was always also about politics. thats the way it is!
but todays TO was nothing new, and shouldnt be that important!

My god. Alonso could be in a team were his team mate was required to drive into a concrete wall so he could win... and then Alonso could still claim to be proud of that win and you'd still think he was god..... oh wait a sec he that happened too! Wherever Alonso goes dodgy business within teams follows.

#3404 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:00

There's just too much controversy following him around, look at other good drivers and that simply isn't the case.

The controversy was bound to follow him when he dared to take on Ferrari and their one man (and blatantly controvesial) team in 2005 and 2006. Some of the decisions Alonso has faced have been farcical. I can only conclude you wernt watching in those seasons.

#3405 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

:confused:
every great driver is to some amount controversial!
senna was, lauda was, prost was, hamilton is, schumacher was/is and alonso is
the medias make this

Alonso's controversy over the last few years makes those others look like saints.

#3406 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Alonso is cementing his reputation as a totally mediocre crybaby of a driver who never could cope with a decent teammate and always had to rely on #1 status.

#3407 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,032 posts

theny you must be upser

Yes I think you probably do..

#3408 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:02

Alonso's controversy over the last few years makes those others look like saints.

why alonsos? why do you forget other involved!
spygate was not about alonso, it was mainly about mclaren!
crashgater was not about alonso, it was mainly about renault and piquet
today it was not about alonso, it was mainly about ferrari and massa

Edited by YellowHelmet, 25 July 2010 - 21:05.

#3409 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:04

Alonso is cementing his reputation as a totally mediocre crybaby of a driver who never could cope with a decent teammate and always had to rely on #1 status.

not by objective people, by some haters --> yes, but who cares about them :confused:

#3410 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

The controversy was bound to follow him when he dared to take on Ferrari and their one man (and blatantly controvesial) team in 2005 and 2006. Some of the decisions Alonso has faced have been farcical. I can only conclude you wernt watching in those seasons.

Alonso was fine in 2005 in 2006, back then he was a driver you could respect. Although wasn't it 06 when he gave Renault a bashing as well for not supporting him or something?

#3411 GoRacing

GoRacing

• 291 posts

Alonso always used to comment about MS' tactics when MS was in Ferrari, but now when he does it, it's absolutely fine.

I totally agree with what Ferrari did today, every other team would have done the same thing. Red Bull crying out from the top of the roof about team orders seems the most ridiculous to me. McLaren have already done this this year at Turkey, so everyone should just get on with it. There will come a time when they have to do the same thing later in the championship, so it's better to just shut up now.

#3412 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:05

today it was not about alonso, it was mainly about ferrari and renault

Yes but alonso is the only thing common to all of them.........

#3413 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,134 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:06

today it was not about alonso, it was mainly about ferrari and renault

Sorry But Alonso knew fine well about the singapore gate and spygate.

#3414 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:06

coincidence to some of the ...gates

e.g.
hamilton:
liegate
safety-car-gate
etc.

#3415 ensign14

ensign14

• 35,878 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:07

It was his team who stole Ferrari data, not Alonso. And when Alonso knew that, he expressed to Ron Dennis that he didn't like that.

That is simply not true. Did you read the FIA inquiry report? Alonso knew that de la Rosa had information from Coughlan back in March. He didn't tell his team-mate. Hamilton was in the dark about it all according to the FIA; Alonso was knee-deep in it.

The fact that Ferrari welcomed Alonso into its arms itself makes me suspicious about the whole thing. Reminds me of this chap.

#3416 BrendanMcF

BrendanMcF

• 537 posts

over than it was officialy allowed, so he could say that!
under todays dumb rule, you cant say it!

Yeah, a dumb rule introduced because of an even dumber act by a certain red team in 02. Even with the rule, there are ways in which you can make comments that acknowledge the contribution of your team mate that don't compromise your position.

I didn't hear any.

Alonso has lost a lot of goodwill today, I think even you would agree with that m8.

#3417 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Sorry But Alonso knew fine well about the singapore gate and spygate.

about singapore he didnt knew
about spygate, he was mucked

#3418 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

You've got to be kidding. The worst Alonso have done is the spyagete thing. All the other he wasn't involved (at least nobody gave proofs).

How can someone say this is worse than crashing your car several times against a rival? The world has gone mad definitely.

#3419 ron_dennis

ron_dennis

• 282 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:08

I can't say exactly what I think of Alonso as I would get an IM from the Mods.

Advertisement

#3420 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:09

Alonso has lost a lot of goodwill today, I think even you would agree with that m8.

That's the crucial point here, contrary to what a lot of you are saying, the majority of the press has a great deal of respect for Alonso. Today he lost a huge chunk of all that.

#3421 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:09

no!
today didnt harm in any way alonso,
he was fastest and won, and is the driver with more points in championship (in ferrari) and is back in fight for WDC.
ferrari made everything right today

#3422 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:11

You've got to be kidding. The worst Alonso have done is the spyagete thing. All the other he wasn't involved (at least nobody gave proofs).

How can someone say this is worse than crashing your car several times against a rival? The world has gone mad definitely.

Because it was all underhanded and premeditated, not saying what Schumacher did was any better but that was all on track heat of the moment stuff, that he alone decided to do.

I know there's no proof, all I'm saying is when there's one person at the heart of several different conspiracies, you've got to start asking questions.

#3423 ron_dennis

ron_dennis

• 282 posts

He whitleblowed on renault and mclaren to expunge his guilt in those events. A drug dealer who turns informant is still a drug dealer.

I guess those at the top at Ferrari better look out, because of there is a big issue mad of todays rule breaking I am sure we will hear (in a Spanish accent) cries of "Stefano made me do it"

#3424 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

I said in a "bad" renault, not in the good days when they had the illegal mass damper system :p

Finally an Alonso fan who can be objective and reasonable :)

Yes I do see your point, but the British media have never been that harsh on Alonso anyway. There was a bit of a bad spell in 2007, but that was obviously going to happen when he was quite openly attacking a very highly regarded British team and a British rookie driver who captured the hearts of a nation. But since then it all died away, even through the whole crashgate scandal, there was hardly any bad press relating to Alonso, and he is regularly referred to as the "most complete" driver in F1.

Again in 07, it was not that he had the info, it was that he did nothing for a while, and then tried to threaten Ron Dennis with taking it public - if he was a true team player he should have taken it straight to the boss as soon as he found out about it and that would have earned him points with Ron Dennis as well instead of alienating himself from him.

A nation's press is always going to slightly favour a nation's team and driver (I imagine in Spain the press is biased towards Alonso), but there's never any negativity and that's why I've found this thread quite surprising. I personally am disappointed with Alonso as I don't like his attitude or temperament. Firstly he shouldn't expect to be number 1, he should earn it. Secondly there's no point shouting and screaming about the FIA, that's only going to come back and bite you and it did with the drive through penalty at the last race. They weren't corrupt, it just took a certain amount of time to work through everything and give Lewis the drivethrough penalty. He got a penalty at the end of the day so there was no room for complaint after that.

There's just too much controversy following him around, look at other good drivers and that simply isn't the case.

Nice to hear that. Thanx.

I don't think Alonso is the "archenemy" of nobody in the grid. Otherwise, he wouldn't be one of the most respected drivers... Yesterday and today, Mike Webber himself said that if he couldn't win the race today, his bets were for Alonso. And you can hear Lewis Hamilton talking about Alonso and saying that he would like to have him again as his team-mate, Trulli saying that Alonso is one of his best friends and everyone saying that Alonso is a honest guy.

I've never heard a driver in the grid saying Alonso is a whining boy, or a cheater. So, if the guys who are there to fight for a race think that Alonso, Button or Barrichello are good guys, just to mention some names, why all this press whining? Actually, I remember Nurburgring, when Alonso was really angry agaisnt Massa and he made public apoligizes in the press conference towards him...

#3425 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:12

no!
he was fastest and won, and is the driver with more points in championship (in ferrari) and is back in fight for WDC.

Seems his fans think the same way he does, have to win at any cost. Doesn't matter about dignity or honour, as long as I'm on the top step that's all that matters. I assume you also agreed when Schumacher ran Damon off the road to win the title, was that ok too then as he ended up winning?

#3426 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:13

I don't think Alonso is the "archenemy" of nobody in the grid. Otherwise, he wouldn't be one of the most respected drivers... Yesterday and today, Mike Webber himself said that if he couldn't win the race today, his bets were for Alonso. And you can hear Lewis Hamilton talking about Alonso and saying that he would like to have him again as his team-mate, Trulli saying that Alonso is one of his best friends and everyone saying that Alonso is a honest guy.

I've never heard a driver in the grid saying Alonso is a whining boy, or a cheater. So, if the guys who are there to fight for a race think that Alonso, Button or Barrichello are good guys, just to mention some names, why all this press whining? Actually, I remember Nurburgring, when Alonso was really angry agaisnt Massa and he made public apoligizes in the press conference towards him...

to sell articles

#3427 ron_dennis

ron_dennis

• 282 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:13

Because it was all underhanded and premeditated, not saying what Schumacher did was any better but that was all on track heat of the moment stuff, that he alone decided to do.

I know there's no proof, all I'm saying is when there's one person at the heart of several different conspiracies, you've got to start asking questions.

The biggest proof going was the fuel levels for Alonso. In the entire history of the refueling battle NO TEAM and NO DRIVER EVER started from the back on a light fuel load....apart from that day....and the driver was?

#3428 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,134 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:14

about singapore he didnt knew
about spygate, he was mucked

He says he dident know but i dont think for a second he is telling the truth. Alonso did not deserve the win today. Had he made his overtaking stick then he would of deserved it. Sadly today was not racing anyone who says it was needs a reality check.

#3429 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:14

Seems his fans think the same way he does, have to win at any cost. Doesn't matter about dignity or honour, as long as I'm on the top step that's all that matters. I assume you also agreed when Schumacher ran Damon off the road to win the title, was that ok too then as he ended up winning?

why are you mixing situation?

i think today it was right, although it felt not very good, but regarding the championship, ferrari made the right call

'94: bad move by ms

#3430 ron_dennis

ron_dennis

• 282 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:15

He says he dident know but i dont think for a second he is telling the truth. Alonso did not deserve the win today. Had he made his overtaking stick then he would of deserved it. Sadly today was not racing anyone who says it was needs a reality check.

Alonso did know, his fuels levels and pit strategy leave no doubt he knew what was going on. As I said a few posts ago, he is the only driver EVER during that period of formula 1 who started from the back on light fuel. It just NEVER happens, the strategy CANNOT work.

#3431 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:16

way before you started watching f1, flavio and symonds were pulling tricks for schumacher too, tom walkinshaw was made scapegoat for one case of cheating.
Youre going to continue to make yourself look very silly if you think dodgy business is new to F1.

#3432 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

That is true, Alonso was very well respected, by the F1 community and the press, and I do think Alonso lets his emotions get the better of him at times, but as a professional he really needs to keep that in check. Either way, I have no problem if he wins the title this year, but I'd rather he did it off his own merit rather than by destroying his teammates day and then lying about it. As I said earlier I want to see the best man win, and I find it disappointing that Alonso feels ok with everything that happened today - I for one would have hated to have been in his chair in the press conference, I would not want to win like that.

#3433 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Alonso did know, his fuels levels and pit strategy leave no doubt he knew what was going on. As I said a few posts ago, he is the only driver EVER during that period of formula 1 who started from the back on light fuel. It just NEVER happens, the strategy CANNOT work.

how did they arrange the second safety car?

#3434 BrendanMcF

BrendanMcF

• 537 posts

no!

I thought I'd phrased my post in such a way to avoid a blinkered, biased response, just shows how wrong you can be :confused:

#3435 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:17

I recommend you if you can understand Italian, then you read the comments from Tifosis in La Gazzetta dello Sport. The only that I can say is that they are really angry with Felipe, and believe that Stefano Domenicalli didn't manage the situation how he should.

#3436 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:18

That is simply not true. Did you read the FIA inquiry report? Alonso knew that de la Rosa had information from Coughlan back in March. He didn't tell his team-mate. Hamilton was in the dark about it all according to the FIA; Alonso was knee-deep in it.

The fact that Ferrari welcomed Alonso into its arms itself makes me suspicious about the whole thing. Reminds me of this chap.

Funny: Alonso is in Ferrari now. The great thief in McLaren at that time.
Pedro de la Rosa: The companion of the thief is driving in a Sauber with a Ferrari engine.

The two ones spying Ferrari are enjoying Ferraris...

Something is wrong in your jig-saw puzzle here.

Maybe you can say now that, at that time, they weren't working for McLaren, but for Ferrari in 2007...

Let me express this :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#3437 diek

diek

• 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:19

http://www.forocoche.......633&page=48

But you'll have to look for it. As this forum, there are now dozen and dozen of pages with this controversy...

It's in Spanish.

And it's the greatest forum, in spanish, hamijos!! :lol:

#3438 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:19

way before you started watching f1, flavio and symonds were pulling tricks for schumacher too, tom walkinshaw was made scapegoat for one case of cheating.
Youre going to continue to make yourself look very silly if you think dodgy business is new to F1.

I'm not saying it is, you're the one making yourself look silly by trying to imply it's ok because it happened in the past. All I said was Alonso was involved in too much controversy with too many different parties for it to go unnoticed that he could be involved. There can be no denying of this fact. Yes it happens, but that doesn't make it ok.

And I've been watching F1 for a long time, so please don't try to patronise me.

#3439 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,920 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:20

no!

You aren't doing yourself any favours. You sound like the Ferrari press comments.

If he was fastest why did he not try to overtake? Why did he need the pitwall to pass? Was he the fastest? Massa had a gap to him and lost the time he built up heavily in traffic.
Take your Alonso-fan glasses off. Your boy got gifted a race.

Advertisement

#3440 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:21

how did they arrange the second safety car?

The second safety car was irrelevant.

#3441 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

I recommend you if you can understand Italian, then you read the comments from Tifosis in La Gazzetta dello Sport. The only that I can say is that they are really angry with Felipe, and believe that Stefano Domenicalli didn't manage the situation how he should.

Whats the logic behind being angry with Massa?

Because the gift to Alonso was too obvious?

:confused:

#3442 ensign14

ensign14

• 35,878 posts

Funny: Alonso is in Ferrari now. The great thief in McLaren at that time.
Pedro de la Rosa: The companion of the thief is driving in a Sauber with a Ferrari engine.

The two ones spying Ferrari are enjoying Ferraris...

Something is wrong in your jig-saw puzzle here.

Maybe you can say now that, at that time, they weren't working for McLaren, but for Ferrari in 2007...

Let me express this :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Life is very curious, isn't it? And Ferrari also managed to get rid of a disgruntled employee without having to pay him off. :wave:

#3443 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

That is true, Alonso was very well respected, by the F1 community and the press, and I do think Alonso lets his emotions get the better of him at times, but as a professional he really needs to keep that in check. Either way, I have no problem if he wins the title this year, but I'd rather he did it off his own merit rather than by destroying his teammates day and then lying about it. As I said earlier I want to see the best man win, and I find it disappointing that Alonso feels ok with everything that happened today - I for one would have hated to have been in his chair in the press conference, I would not want to win like that.

and who are you exactly?
you seem to forget Alonso is very unhappy at decisions gone against him so far, so if anything will see this as justice and in that case rightly satisfied with the win.
Please dont compare racing drivers with adrenaline running through their veins, with internet forum F1 fans. Go down to your local kart track and see how the stars of the future are learning the trade. It is not without incident and different personalities. Anthony Davidson was know to have tantrums and yet seemslike one fo the most mature guys in the paddock.

#3444 BrendanMcF

BrendanMcF

• 537 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:22

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a World Champion. There is nothing wrong with making a fortune while doing it, but if you are going to do it, you need to understand that there are ways of doing things that will be respected – and there are statistics. A driver may win many more races than another, but he will not necessarily be respected because of the numbers. Those who understand that are the great sportsmen. Those who think that winning at all costs is all that matters are the building houses in the sand…

Just about sums it up for me

#3445 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:22

Agreed. The best forum in the world after this. :smoking:

#3446 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:23

The second safety car was irrelevant.

not at all. It bunched up superior cars behind him and he left them for dust. all not according to the plan.

#3447 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:24

and who are you exactly?
you seem to forget Alonso is very unhappy at decisions gone against him so far, so if anything will see this as justice and in that case rightly satisfied with the win.
Please dont compare racing drivers with adrenaline running through their veins, with internet forum F1 fans. Go down to your local kart track and see how the stars of the future are learning the trade. It is not without incident and different personalities. Anthony Davidson was know to have tantrums and yet seemslike one fo the most mature guys in the paddock.

If your only response is a personal attack, there's no point me responding - fanboys will be fanboys :lol:

#3448 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:25

not at all. It bunched up superior cars behind him and he left them for dust. all not according to the plan.

There's no arguing that Alonso had pace that day, and I don't think anyone's denying it - yet there's nothing to say that he wasn't involved in the plan for Piquet to crash.

#3449 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:26

It's said "amigos"...

In the case of Hamilton, you can say "Hamilgos"... As a joke could be funny, but against Hammy... The most similar word in Spanish to "Hamilgos"/"Hamijos" would be "Jamelgo" (similar sound) which means "donkey, mule"... "a kind of horse which is really slow".

Not that funny for a Hamilton fan, really.

Don't piss other forums. There are forums all over the world, in all languages, that can be as good at this one.

#3450 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,920 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 21:29

Using Felipe as a scape goat are they? If anything he was very professional about it all. Ferrari messed up and the buck stops with Stefano. Massa had no choice but to ease off because because of the gap he had to Alonso. It wouldn't of mattered where it happened on the track, the pass would of occurred and the fans would of known it would be a team order pass.

Fact is, the press need their heads read if they think that the leading driver is going to bend over backwards and take it lying down. He is being asking to relinquish a race win, so he's going to do it on his terms. They have to accept that due to what they are asking of him. They should ask the question what would Alonso do in the same situation.