Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#3651 Yakari

Yakari

• 106 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:00

he tried, but was shown that he is not worth the same as lewis.
e.g
after winning malaysia, the team celebrated lewis and not him
after monaco the team let the impression that alonso didnt won being fastest, but through TO etc....
not to forget at first race the team cheering for lewis after he overtook alonso! :drunk:

So he needs his tummy tickled? But, put it into context - Lewis was a huge gamble that was paying off. Yes, there is an element of the investment in the protege paying off but he was unable to realise that is was most likely nothing more. His ego and paranoia took over. He should have dealt with this by building bridges within the team, whereas all indications are that he flew into a sulk because he felt that he wasnt getting enough attention. My son did that when he was a toddler, but he has now grown out of it.

Irrespective of whom the other driver was, he should have worked at connecting with the team, to draw them to him. He did not and lost the plot because he felt that his status as 2 x WDC should justify preferential attention from the team.

You seem to have an inability to recognise any of his faults. Its like the proud mother watching Trooping the Colour and stating: 'Look, everyones out of step except my Fernando'.

Advertisement

#3652 showtime

showtime

• 2,582 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:02

fernando doesn't know what team is
team = him

Like every other highly successful driver. Welcome to motor racing.

#3653 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:02

sure they are different, especially when it comes to the attitude to work.

So everyone says, but I haven't seen anything about Alonso's work ethic so far when compared to someone like Michael Schumacher - so far he seems to only have Schumacher's bad qualities but none of the good ones.

#3654 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:03

His ego and paranoia took over.

:drunk:
paranoia?
what is paranoid if a team celebrates a second place more than the first win of alonso for that team.
what is paranoid if a team let the impression that alonso was not the fastest guy in monaco 2007.
what is paranoid if a team says we are racing alonso
what is paranoid if a team prinicipal tries to destroy your image via media
etc.

Edited by YellowHelmet, 27 July 2010 - 16:03.

#3655 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:05

So everyone says, but I haven't seen anything about Alonso's work ethic so far when compared to someone like Michael Schumacher - so far he seems to only have Schumacher's bad qualities but none of the good ones.

?
if they were testing abilities, you would read about it!
but as it is now, alonso is spending a lot of time in the ferrari fabric and testing on the simulator and give his advices for improvement, maybe you dont read about it a lot, becuase those testings are not on circuit, but he tests a lota and spend a lot of time in the fabric!

Edited by YellowHelmet, 27 July 2010 - 16:06.

#3656 showtime

showtime

• 2,582 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:05

I wonder why Ferrari would help a driver to win who can't even overtake on his own...

He must be a genius then, winning 2 WDC and almost a third without overtaking! :drunk:

#3657 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:08

He must be a genius then, winning 2 WDC and almost a third without overtaking! :drunk:

It's clear from his past races that he can overtake, and overtake well at that. So why didn't he treat Massa like any other driver, and instead give up after the first attempt and cry down the radio?

#3658 Menace

Menace

• 11,988 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:08

paranoia?
what is paranoid if a team celebrates a second place more than the first win of alonso for that team.
what is paranoid if a team let the impression that alonso was not the fastest guy in monaco 2007.
etc.

1) Says who? Just because the garage celebrated Lewis' second place, is Alonso too much fo a cry baby that he felt he wasn't getting enought attention? Laughable, and if true, shows even more what weak character he has.

2) Alonso was the winner, but the ROOKIE was right on his tail and the TEAM had to tell LEWIS to back off. Once again, I guess you and Alonso needed the team hailing the 2xWDC for what was for all that mattered, a fairly routine win. :drunk:

3) The "team" did not say they were racing Alonso, until Alonso decided to piss into the team principals corn-flakes. You can't have your cake and eat it too, Alonso chose to burn ALL the bridges once he realised he was NOT going to get sole #1 status. Once again, frail Alonso needing the attention of the team? :drunk:

4) Alonso had done an incredibly good job of destroying his own image via the media, both in 2007, 2008 (Singapore) and now 2010. No help needed from team principal who was pissed off about Alonso black-mailing his own team that was giving him a winner car to fight for the WDC with his teammate.

Your logic is not sound. :wave:

#3659 Menace

Menace

• 11,988 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:09

It's clear from his past races that he can overtake, and overtake well at that. So why didn't he treat Massa like any other driver, and instead give up after the first attempt and cry down the radio?

One word = entitlement. :lol: Little baby did not like Massa putting up a fight.

Advertisement

#3660 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:11

?
if they were testing abilities, you would read about it!
but as it is now, alonso is spending a lot of time in the ferrari fabric and testing on the simulator and give his advices for improvement, maybe you dont read about it a lot, becuase those testings are not on circuit, but he tests a lota and spend a lot of time in the fabric!

Well we're not hearing about that at all, which makes me think it isn't happening. We used to hear all the time that Schumacher's always at the factory, into late hours working with the guys to make the car better and also building his relationship with them.

When has anyone said anything like that about Alonso?

#3661 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:11

i was waited my whole life for you to enlighten me :drunk:
back to topic:
if you want the best out of a driver, than support him, if not, than do it as mclaren did to alonso in 2007 (still he managed to almost win the WDC, although lacking support!)

Edited by YellowHelmet, 27 July 2010 - 16:13.

#3662 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:12

One word = entitlement. :lol: Little baby did not like Massa putting up a fight.

Totally! And after the way he's treated Massa all season, he definitely hasn't made himself out as someone he should try and help.

#3663 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:13

Well we're not hearing about that at all, which makes me think it isn't happening. We used to hear all the time that Schumacher's always at the factory, into late hours working with the guys to make the car better and also building his relationship with them.

When has anyone said anything like that about Alonso?

just last week, there were articles about it. (but as i said, if they were on track testings, then we would read about it much more!)
in the live video chats alonso is often asked about that, and he answer this questions etc.

#3664 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:13

I remember exactly what happened in mclaren and what happened that year tells me alonso is the best driver on the grid. He almost beat a whole team against him, any other driver in the same situation would have finished at least 30 or 35 points behind lewis.

:lol: classic.

#3665 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:14

:lol: classic.

why?

#3666 showtime

showtime

• 2,582 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:17

Because first attempt almost finished in both cars out of the race and that's not admissible between team-mates (read what Vettel said in the press conference). Having to take risks like that was indeed ridiculous (but I don't think he should have been so open about it on the radio).

#3667 Yakari

Yakari

• 106 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:17

paranoia?
etc.

paranoia?
It is paranoid if you think that a team celebrates a second place more than the first win of alonso for that team.
It is paranoid if think that a team gives the impression that alonso was not the fastest guy in monaco 2007.
Is it to be expected if a team says we are racing alonso after the said Alonso threatened to team boss.
It is paranoid if you think that a team prinicipal tries to destroy your image via media.
etc.

#3668 Jelinski619

Jelinski619

• 438 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:18

Alonso is the most arrogant driver I have ever seen. Twice now he has said it's 'ridiculous' that his teammate isn't letting him past. It was Lewis at Indianapolis 07, and now Hungary, and i'm sure there are plenty of other instances. He simply cannot understand why he isn't the number one driver.

It's simple. If you're faster, overtake him.

#3669 Claudius

Claudius

• 2,275 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:19

It means his victory is in the same class and level as Austria 2002 for Schumacher.

To Schumachers credit, even though I was very unhappy with what happened, he has never attempted to lie to the viewing public like Alonso did this last Sunday. I have always respected Schumacher, although I believed his desire to win at any costs was not exactly classy, but atleast he appeared to not hide it. Alonso? Apparently his character is far more questionable, it will be impossible to take his "word" after what happened at Mclaren in 2007, his celebrating after Singapore 2008 and now Germany 2010.

He might be a great driver, but he is far lacking in morals and character it seems.

IMHO. :wave:

:up: :up:

Exactly my thoughts!!

#3670 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:21

It's simple. If you're faster, overtake him.

as he did in china 10, and was criticised for that :drunk:
between teammates, especially if one teammate is (almost) out of the championship contest, such things should be normal, not risking too much.

maybe in 2011 alonso will have to give back to massa, what massa gave him in 2010 (as seen between massa and raikkonen 2007/2008), who knows?

Edited by YellowHelmet, 27 July 2010 - 16:24.

#3671 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:30

paranoia?
etc.

Care to comment on the strategies allocated to the drivers at Sepang 2007?
Care to comment on the strategies allocated to the drivers at Monaco 2007?

He had a more than equal shot at beating Hamilton in the first half of the season and he couldn't do it.

He had the opportunity to be the bigger man in Hungary (bear in mind the team agreed to give him the extra fuel burning lap) and opted instead to retaliate in a way that got the stewards invoved. Despite that, McLaren did everything they could to avoid him being penalised with a grid penalty. What happened thereafter is beyond parody - you cannot threaten/blackmail your employer and expect to be rewarded for it.

Edited by Dunder, 27 July 2010 - 16:31.

#3672 kosmos

kosmos

• 5,866 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:37

fernando doesn't know what team is
team = him

He was a team player early this season if I remember well, 2nd race?.

Edited by kosmos, 27 July 2010 - 16:37.

#3673 F1Champion

F1Champion

• 2,920 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:55

he tried, but was shown that he is not worth the same as lewis.
e.g
after winning malaysia, the team celebrated lewis and not him
after monaco the team let the impression that alonso didnt won being fastest, but through TO etc....
not to forget at first race the team cheering for lewis after he overtook alonso! :drunk:

You paint him as an emotionally fragile character....which he is. He was a 2 time WDC at that point, all of these things were totally insignificant. He was already experienced and cut throat enough to not let things like this get to him.
Oh no, the team "supposedly" didn't celebrate my win....get over it, and go and win.

Alonso accused Renault of not favouring him when it was built completely around him for the past 2 years....he is that insecure.

If anything, McLaren did him a favour, he normally performs better when he feels like its him against the world.

Also you forget to mention that at the beginning of the season it was reported that Alonso, his manager, girlfriend and group, detached themselves from the team and from there it grew, so he actually started the ball rolling on this.

Edited by F1Champion, 27 July 2010 - 16:56.

#3674 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 15,883 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:55

Do not discuss the Germany incident in this thread please. There are many places where you can air your views on that.

#3675 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:01

From Alonso's blog:

A win down to hard work from the team

All wins are special. Winning is a great feeling and that was the case in Hockenheim, especially when I think of the huge workload undertaken by everyone at Maranello to achieve this fantastic one-two finish. No one ever gave up and I know how pleased they were to see two Ferraris cross the line ahead of all our rivals. For over a month now we have been saying that we had to get back to winning at least once before the summer break and finally, we did it. We did not have much luck in some races and, because of unusual incidents, we did not pick up the points we deserved. There was a slight feeling of frustration with this lack of results, but at last in Germany, for once we had a normal race on a weekend when he had no problems whatsoever and the result was there for all to see.

However, the win does not change my approach to the rest of the season. We knew full before Hockenheim that our car was much more competitive and that was what made me so confident. Now we must continue in this direction, starting this coming weekend in Budapest. The Hungaroring is a special circuit for me. It was here in 2003 that I scored my first Formula 1 win and I was on pole here last year. Returning to that 24th August seven years ago, I don’t remember much about the events of the day, because it was so emotional I had the impression that everything happened incredibly quickly: it would be nice to relive that experience this weekend at the wheel of a Ferrari.

The track can almost be described as a go-kart track for Formula 1 cars. The corners follow on, one from the other, so there is nowhere for a driver to pause for breath and it is vital to have a car that deals with the many bumps in the track surface and handles riding the kerbs. From the physical and mental point of view it is a pretty demanding race, so it is important not to get impetuous and overcook things, because any mistake is heavily penalised, especially in qualifying. It’s best to stay focussed and concentrate on your own work, trying to put together the perfect weekend, one step at a time. That is what we plan to do, starting on Thursday. I have already said it many times before: there is still a long way to go in the championship and the maths will only be done at the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe Fernando can repeat what he did almost 7 years ago in Hungary the next sunday.

#3676 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:05

why?

Because the situation in 2007 was that Alonso wouldn't accept equal treatment. Like this season he wanted everything going all for him right from the start. Once the team showed that they would treat Lewis equally Alonso couldn't cope, he threw his toys out of his pram and lost the faith of the team. He should have done what Button is doing this season and simply concentrate on what is happening on the track. Button probably knows that Lewis is faster but he isn't kicking up a fuss wanting favoritism, he is just getting on with it. So IMO Alonso brought the fall-out upon himself. Alonso might be a very good driver but he is like a virus in the team, he just destroys any relationship between team-mates and causes friction if he doesn't get his way. If Ferrari had decided to treat Massa equally for the rest of the season I think we would likely have seen something similar to 2007 again. Good driver, poor personality.

#3677 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:10

as he did in china 10, and was criticised for that :drunk:

Well I thought that was a perfectly good maneuver. Very opportunistic. The fact is that he couldn't and very likely wouldn't have been able to overtake Massa in Germany and thus if he can't overtake then he doesn't deserve to win. A race isn't a time trial it doesn't matter if you are the fastest, what matters is who crosses the line first. Alonso should realise that Massa's driving wasn't ridiculous is was actually very good defensive driving to such a degree that he deserved to win. That comment he made shows exactly the wrong attitude.

#3678 JSDSKI

JSDSKI

• 1,439 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:11

... You paint him as an emotionally fragile character....which he is. He was a 2 time WDC at that point....

Emotional fragility and 2x WDC are oxymoronic.

Alonso is passionate - not fragile. His passion and competitiveness helped create a 2x WDC. His anger and hatred whenever beaten motivate a magical talent for speed and winning.

Ironically, SpeedTV reported during the German GP that the current drivers on the grid picked Alonso as "number one" amongst themselves. Perhaps the drivers themselves are aware of events fans do not see or respect. Certainly giant corporations and teams do not invest millions and millions of dollars on talent that cannot produce. Again, perhaps giant corporations, not known for emotional fragility or compassion, are aware of talents and events fans cannot see or respect.

#3679 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:40

Emotional fragility and 2x WDC are oxymoronic.

Alonso is passionate - not fragile. His passion and competitiveness helped create a 2x WDC. His anger and hatred whenever beaten motivate a magical talent for speed and winning.

It didn't do him much good at McLaren did it ? Alonso when calm is a magical talent, when he starts to throw the toys out the pram it leads to trouble for him., that is why he was outpaced at McLaren by Hamilton.

The war within a team problems that were widely predicted when he joined the Maranello outfit are now out in the open and his lastest comments to the press " Germany win a 'great feeling' " ( http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/85605 ) make him look very immature and insensitive.

Massa may at best be just a very good "journeyman driver" but he is a very decent guy who has given his all to the Ferrari team for Massa to be robbed of a milestone victory on the very anniversary of his accident and for Alonso to gloat on the victory is verging on evil.

Edited by britishtrident, 27 July 2010 - 17:43.

Advertisement

#3680 Coral

Coral

• 2,556 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:51

Alonso's comments on his "win" in Germany make me sick. "Winning is a great feeling and that was the case in Hockenheim", "this fantastic one-two finish"...blech. He couldn't rub it in any more if he tried. Alonso obviously doesn't give a monkey's about Felipe or how he must be feeling...I would hazard a guess that he doesn't think it was such a great result.

Alonso doesn't give a toss about teamwork, he doesn't even care about Ferrari, they are just there to provide him with the fastest car. Alonso only cares about one thing...himself.

#3681 EVO2

EVO2

• 754 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:51

Alonso is "passionate" in a perverse ways, yes.

But he's also a totally and completely selfish individual.

His kind of"passion" doesn't emerge when he wins a race, like, for example, it does with Sebastian Vettel : it's only on display when events don't go his own way or when he perceives he's not the total dominant force in the team or not being treated as undisputed Number 1.

At McLaren, when he couldn't get his own way, he even tried to blackmail Ron Dennis, who, to his great credit, picked up the phone and dialed his arch enemy Max Moseley.
Despite knowing that it would probably be the most expensive phone call in sporting history, Ron wasn't prepared to play Alonso's kind of game. It was to Ron's great credit that the team went on to ditch Alonso.

It's clear that Alonso can only flourish when he's waited on hand and foot and where everyone, including the other driver, is totally submissive.
Ferrari is the only team prepared to do that but hopefully they will shortly be paying a very high price for their indulgence.

Personally I think a bigger fine would be in order : Let's think of a number :

I know, we'll make it $100m !

#3682 Alonshou

Alonshou

• 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:53

I may not be a racing driver, but I know business. There is no way that Alonso's engineers would have been supporting Lewis - I can guarantee 100% that not only is their pride at stake, but they would have some form of bonus from their side of the garage being victorious. Alonso's engineers would have been completely committed to ensuring they offered Alonso the best possible chance at winning the title.

Your comments make it very clear that you clearly don't know a lot about the real world. And also that you probably don't work in a competitive environment.

australia 2007, first race of alonso with mclaren, alonso's wife and manager abad decided to finish the race within renault garage after skeptically witness how alonso's mechanics cheered up madly when hamilton passed fernando. FACT! it was the beggining of the end, just after one single race!

and if you haven't got a clue of how psychological factors are so determinant among colleagues don't pretend to become my personal advisor. you're the one without idea of what real life is. defined in one word: naivety

#3683 JSDSKI

JSDSKI

• 1,439 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:53

.... for Alonso to gloat on the victory is verging on evil.

Hyperbolic bluster.

He did fine at McLaren, nearly won another WDC, only missing by a point. And would have won it with a bit more luck. Might have been a bit more interesting if his sidepods hadn't been damaged in Japan; or, the FIA followed race regs about cars stuck in gravel!

#3684 Alonshou

Alonshou

• 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:57

Massa only helped Raikkonen in the last race of the season, up until that point Raikkonen did all the work himself - I don't think anyone would be complaining if this had happened in the last race.

bad then, team orders are team orders always, there are no exceptions

#3685 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,680 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 17:59

australia 2007, first race of alonso with mclaren, alonso's wife and manager abad decided to finish the race within renault garage after skeptically witness how alonso's mechanics cheered up madly when hamilton passed fernando. FACT!

it seems he's not the only one with mental/emotional problems in that family
that guy was a rookie in his first f1 race and he was doing great. but the alonso clan can never actually admit sombody can do a better job?

#3686 JSDSKI

JSDSKI

• 1,439 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:00

... But he's (Alonso) also a totally and completely selfish individual.... Ron Dennis, who, to his great credit, picked up the phone and dialed his arch enemy Max Moseley....

edited solely for brevity in comment

"... totally and completely selfish individual... " - unlike most WDC's?

"... Ron Dennis, who, to his great credit, picked up the phone..." - in a vain attempt to cover multiple asses (Alonso's, Hamiltons, his own and McLaren's) and front row at Hungary. Be realistic.

#3687 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:07

FA: All wins are special. Winning is a great feeling and that was the case in Hockenheim.

See this is what I don't get about Alonso. Even after the fall-out from Singapore 2008 he claimed that he thoroughly deserved the win and was proud of it. Now he is saying a similar thing about Hockenheim 2010. Obviously he didn't deserve these two wins, he was gifted them by cheating. Just look at Hamilton in Turkey this year, he said he was happy to get the points for him and the team but didn't feel like it was a win because he was gifted it as a result of the Red Bull crash. Very humble and unpretentious, something I consider to be the right attitude if gifted a win in anyway. Now with this in mind how can Alonso claim that these two wins are "special" and "deserved"? Says a lot about him in my opinion.

#3688 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:07

Hyperbolic bluster.

He did fine at McLaren, nearly won another WDC, only missing by a point. And would have won it with a bit more luck. Might have been a bit more interesting if his sidepods hadn't been damaged in Japan; or, the FIA followed race regs about cars stuck in gravel!

I love the classic scenario of a driver "would have done better if he didn't crash" excuse - HE CRASHED! :rotfl:
and no he was beaten by a Rookie Mate, Rookie means a first year driver and that is eternal embarrassment for any driver let alone one that just came off 2 x WDC's.

#3689 Flamini

Flamini

• 761 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:08

...and his lastest comments to the press " Germany win a 'great feeling' " ( http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/85605 ) make him look very immature and insensitive.

The problem is that Alonso couldn't say anything different than that. The Ferrari line is still to defend their view and their view is that there were no team orders. Regardless of if it's naive (Ferrari line) or not, he couldn't say that Massa deserved the victory or his victory was undeserved.

And he has to write something on this blog (always before or after race).

He was on the bad position writing this anyhow.

#3690 Alonshou

Alonshou

• 45 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:09

1) Says who? Just because the garage celebrated Lewis' second place, is Alonso too much fo a cry baby that he felt he wasn't getting enought attention? Laughable, and if true, shows even more what weak character he has.

says alonso's wife and manager abad for instance in australia, dennis had to apologise in order to get them back in the garage, pretty embarrassing by mclaren. it just was the tip, something had to go wrong with such behaviour, time proved it to be right.

2) Alonso was the winner, but the ROOKIE was right on his tail and the TEAM had to tell LEWIS to back off. Once again, I guess you and Alonso needed the team hailing the 2xWDC for what was for all that mattered, a fairly routine win. :drunk:

alonso opened the gap whenever it was needed, and was lewis who decided to ignore team orders and "forgot" to back off, the team afterwards didn't defend alonso fair victory after lewis outburst coz the media pushed him so hard throughout that week to get his first ever victory in f1. hamilton was the real crybaby

3) The "team" did not say they were racing Alonso, until Alonso decided to piss into the team principals corn-flakes. You can't have your cake and eat it too, Alonso chose to burn ALL the bridges once he realised he was NOT going to get sole #1 status. Once again, frail Alonso needing the attention of the team? :drunk:

yet, they were racing fernando, and fernando yet nearly was able to win the championship.

4) Alonso had done an incredibly good job of destroying his own image via the media, both in 2007, 2008 (Singapore) and now 2010. No help needed from team principal who was pissed off about Alonso black-mailing his own team that was giving him a winner car to fight for the WDC with his teammate.

alonso hasn't, actually he's more loved than ever, especially after what's happened this weekend, with a atrocious attack from the british media, british media that has tried to discredit him unsuccessfully since fernando took over button at renault

your logic is well manipulated by media

#3691 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:09

See this is what I don't get about Alonso. Even after the fall-out from Singapore 2008 he claimed that he thoroughly deserved the win and was proud of it. Now he is saying a similar thing about Hockenheim 2010. Obviously he didn't deserve these two wins, he was gifted them by cheating. Just look at Hamilton in Turkey this year, he said he was happy to get the points for him and the team but didn't feel like it was a win because he was gifted it as a result of the Red Bull crash. Very humble and unpretentious, something I consider to be the right attitude if gifted a win in anyway. Now with this in mind how can Alonso claim that these two wins are "special" and "deserved"? Says a lot about him in my opinion.

How did he cheat in Germany? :rotfl:

#3692 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:11

Alonso's comments on his "win" in Germany make me sick. "Winning is a great feeling and that was the case in Hockenheim", "this fantastic one-two finish"...blech. He couldn't rub it in any more if he tried. Alonso obviously doesn't give a monkey's about Felipe or how he must be feeling...I would hazard a guess that he doesn't think it was such a great result.

Alonso doesn't give a toss about teamwork, he doesn't even care about Ferrari, they are just there to provide him with the fastest car. Alonso only cares about one thing...himself.

Exactly :up: . That comment coupled with what he said after Singapore 2008 just shows how self-centered he is. It was so obvious that he was given the wins by cheating. How can he then call them special or even deserved. The gall of the guy.

#3693 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:13

Alonso Germany win a 'great feeling'

#3694 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 1,995 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:16

What were you expecting from the Ferrari press release?

Fernando Alonso: "I must apologise to Coral on the Autosport Bulletin Board for the events of Sunday, as well as everything else I have eve done. I will flagellate myself whilst walking own the pitlane at the Hungaroring."

Felipe Massa: "To be denied victory is something I will never get over, but I must thank Coral from the Autosport Bulletin Board for supporting me."

Luca di Montezemelo: "We are sorry for the way we handled the events of last Sunday. Next week we will be telling Felipe to save fuel like the other teams do."

#3695 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 1,995 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:17

Do you understand what a press release is?

#3696 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:18

Well I thought that was a perfectly good maneuver. Very opportunistic. The fact is that he couldn't and very likely wouldn't have been able to overtake Massa in Germany and thus if he can't overtake then he doesn't deserve to win. A race isn't a time trial it doesn't matter if you are the fastest, what matters is who crosses the line first. Alonso should realise that Massa's driving wasn't ridiculous is was actually very good defensive driving to such a degree that he deserved to win. That comment he made shows exactly the wrong attitude.

Makes me wonder what Massa would have done in terms of lap times a bit earlier had he known he would have been put into that position. For those who say he was slower what reason did he have to be faster if you think your team mate is equal to you, won't be able to pass and would realistically and sensibly stay behind so close to the end? We generally see that from most teams towards the end.

#3697 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:18

Either he is extremely unbelievably naive (which I doubt) or you have just summed him up very well ;) .

#3698 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:20

You paint him as an emotionally fragile character

no otherwise he wouldnt beat hamilton 10:7 on track in 2007, but it surely was a new situation for him that he had to learn to cope with (i mean the mistreatment in team!)

#3699 Alonshou

Alonshou

• 45 posts

Because the situation in 2007 was that Alonso wouldn't accept equal treatment. Like this season he wanted everything going all for him right from the start. Once the team showed that they would treat Lewis equally Alonso couldn't cope, he threw his toys out of his pram and lost the faith of the team. He should have done what Button is doing this season and simply concentrate on what is happening on the track. Button probably knows that Lewis is faster but he isn't kicking up a fuss wanting favoritism, he is just getting on with it. So IMO Alonso brought the fall-out upon himself. Alonso might be a very good driver but he is like a virus in the team, he just destroys any relationship between team-mates and causes friction if he doesn't get his way. If Ferrari had decided to treat Massa equally for the rest of the season I think we would likely have seen something similar to 2007 again. Good driver, poor personality.

what a bunch of bs

alonso best friends, excluding robert, are fisico and trulli, former teammates, renault love him and ferrari love him, mclaren is the plague here

Advertisement

#3700 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Do you understand what a press release is?

Yes but come on did he have to be so pretentious about it. It was obvious he was given the win. He didn't deserve it.