Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#3751 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:47

I am sure Alonso isn't saying us what he really thinks. You just have to read the last press conference.

What would he say if he would speak with honesty?

Advertisement

#3752 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • Paddock Club Host

• 4,550 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:48

Google translator, quite handy at times.

Esta es la manipulación! mi mensaje es más irónico que el suyo. dame el premio. :cat:

Is that an order?

it is all about winning, and that is special

Then you and I will never agree about matters sporting.
I agree with Grantland Rice:

For when the One Great Scorer comes To write against your name, He marks - not that you won or lost - But how you played the game.

Although in the context of 2007, Oscar Wilde couldn't have summed it up better than when he said:

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you place the blame.

#3753 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:49

I am sure Alonso isn't saying us what he really thinks. You just have to read the last press conference.

He got pissed of when people asked him if he really thought he deserved that win (or something along those lines). What's so difficult with saying something like that Massa deserved the win at least as much as he did, but it didn't turn out like that. He wouldn't have said nothing wrong.

#3754 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:49

he surely is not happy with what happened, but it is still a great feeling that the ferrari is now strong again and that the team is back in the championship contest, after three hard race weekends

I'm glad we finally have someone here who can tap into his brain and give us the real Fernando!

#3755 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:51

he surely is not happy with what happened, but it is still a great feeling that the ferrari is now strong again and that the team is back in the championship contest, after three hard race weekends

Are you guessing that? Cause he never showed in any way he wasn't happy with it, only that he wasn't happy with the questions he had to answer afterwards

#3756 LuisPena

LuisPena

• 132 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:54

i just read the article about Alonso "great feeling" after the "win" in Germany.
He didnt even mention Massa situation in the race. He have the skills but my GOD the guys is a f....g asshole, what and attitude, :evil:
He only mentions the team this the team that...bla bla bla....How this guy sleep at nights....oh sorry now i remember he doesn't have a heart or worst....a soul.

#3757 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:55

He got pissed of when people asked him if he really thought he deserved that win (or something along those lines). What's so difficult with saying something like that Massa deserved the win at least as much as he did, but it didn't turn out like that. He wouldn't have said nothing wrong.

Agreed. He should have said that Massa deserved the win :up:

But I admit I am glad he didn't give the answers that they wanted. He won the battle in the press conference IMO :rotfl:

#3758 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:57

change the rule and he will say that!

#3759 salamin

salamin

• 1,692 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 21:00

i just read the article about Alonso "great feeling" after the "win" in Germany.
He didnt even mention Massa situation in the race. He have the skills but my GOD the guys is a f....g asshole, what and attitude, :evil:
He only mentions the team this the team that...bla bla bla....How this guy sleep at nights....oh sorry now i remember he doesn't have a heart or worst....a soul.

not really, he needed the help of the team to get past him

it's always the fist or crying through the radio

Advertisement

#3760 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 21:02

Why, what would he have said wrong in that case? Massa said he thought he deserved the win. That it "didn't turn out like that" could have many reasons, and in no way refers to team orders clearly. His denial answers made it way more clear and made him look bad as well.

I also agree with LuisPena in that he never mentiones Massa in that story, which shows it again.

Edit: He even had the chance to put it in his blog. That Massa drove a great race. But no, Massa who?

Edited by F.M., 27 July 2010 - 21:04.

#3761 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 21:06

Edit: He even had the chance to put it in his blog. That Massa drove a great race. But no, Massa who?

still can do it!
nothing really important, he said already that the team (massa included) had a strong race!

#3762 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,654 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 21:07

Its always easy to think of the right thing to say at a later time.

I think Alonso handled the press conference fairly well. Gave no indications that any 'team orders' happened(which is what it would sound like if he talked about Massa deserving the win), kept a straight face, kept it positive, and never got visibly frustrated by the very direct interviewer asking the 'tough' questions, which they usually dont do.

#3763 karlth

karlth

• 16,258 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 21:08

Oh dear.

Alonso said directly in the press conference that it was a team order.

#3764 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 21:08

guess again!

What he says is how he feels (from the Guardian):

The Renault driver Fernando Alonso has defended his controversial win at 2008's Singapore grand prix win as a proper victory despite the race-fixing scandal that has dogged the result.

The team's former principal, Flavio Briatore, has been banned from motor sport indefinitely for his role in urging Alonso's team-mate, Nelson Piquet Jr, to crash. That incident allowed the Spaniard to take advantage of the safety car in order to win the race.

"I regard it as a win, yes."

How can he regard Singapore 2008 as a proper win? That is ridiculous. That was one of F1's biggest scandals. It was specifically designed to gift him the win. It worked. Yet he somehow thinks he deserved that win :stoned: . Why would we expect that his recent press release is anything other than his true, very pretentious, feelings? Especially considering his past history of presumptuous comments.

#3765 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:24

OK we need some order in this thread and some restoration of sensible discussion. Terms like 'fanboy' and 'hater' are really just the thin end of the wedge and highlight that there is little or no respect being shown for the arguments of either group in this discussion. Pointlessly chanting and repeating statements like '10:7' or 'blackmail' serve no purpose. They indicate that you are either not reading or not understanding the discussion. It is, simply, trolling and flaming designed to elicit an emotional response and reduces the thread to meaningless taunting.

A topic entitled 'Fernando Alonso is sadly a wide ranging subject and means there is little in the form of real direction or specific subject for discussion, and this inevitably means there is a possibility to have an open-ended discussion of all issues (good and bad) which have affected his career to date. Nevertheless if you wish to revisit 2007 or the incidents at the weekend I would encourage you all to use the threads designed for this purpose and not continue to clutter up this one. I think fallout from the incidents, how they affect him, his life and his career are reasonable topics for the thread so I have left what I can of that discussion intact. If you think I have deleted a message which was reasonable and on-topic please PM me and I will restore it.

Here's a reminder of the rules. It is clear that some of you have never read them and others have forgotten. Please read them. They contain guidelines for ensuring everyone can enjoy the forum free from harassment, personal attacks, trolling and flaming. If you were all prepared to report posts using the report function found in the bottom left of every message, the hosts would be better guided to posts which offend and to posters who need to be dealt with. Problem posts and problem posters can and will be removed. But it's up to you and we cannot do this without your help.

Note that this message is not up for discussion in the forum. Do not respond to it here. If you have an issue with moderation in the forum, please take it up with one of us via PM or, if you prefer, PM mel or pascal.

#3766 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:29

I think what Fernando said regarding that the win felt good is more focused in a "team" success than his win itself.

Ferrari wanted a 1/2 for a long time and with or without the team orders that's what they would probably have gotten anyway, so indeed they have reasons to feel good because of the win and the 1/2.

I think people is free to interpretate his words at their own way, or mainpulate the meaning of what he says, but at the end of the day that won't change anything at all.

Edited by AdamKOR, 27 July 2010 - 22:31.

#3767 Tactical

Tactical

• 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:38

The Renault driver Fernando Alonso has defended his controversial win at 2008's Singapore grand prix win as a proper victory despite the race-fixing scandal that has dogged the result.

The team's former principal, Flavio Briatore, has been banned from motor sport indefinitely for his role in urging Alonso's team-mate, Nelson Piquet Jr, to crash. That incident allowed the Spaniard to take advantage of the safety car in order to win the race.

How can he regard Singapore 2008 as a proper win? That is ridiculous. That was one of F1's biggest scandals. It was specifically designed to gift him the win. It worked. Yet he somehow thinks he deserved that win :stoned: . Why would we expect that his recent press release is anything other than his true, very pretentious, feelings? Especially considering his past history of presumptuous comments.

And once again... He said he risked his life driving the car to his limits that day, the very same way he always has done and will, if he is able or allowed to race. I think whenever he speaks this way, he is quite evidently thinking more about his family and friends, the ones suffering while watching him every race, than about any bitter forumer around the world enjoying while demolishing the public image of a man he will never know in person for sure.

Of course you have to believe him, as I do and you and others don't. I've been lucky enough to meet some asturians, and Alonso is a real valid representation of their true likable character in the short distance.

The complete nonsense of today fetid F1 press (creating evils and angels as a way to secure their much needed daily sellings) is making no favour to these drivers in the short term. Quite sure future will say different things about them.

Regards.

Edited by Tactical, 27 July 2010 - 22:52.

#3768 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 14,654 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:39

I think what Fernando said regarding that the win felt good is more focused in a "team" success than his win itself.

Ferrari wanted a 1/2 for a long time and with or without the team orders that's what they would probably have gotten anyway, so indeed they have reasons to feel good because of the win and the 1/2.

I think people is free to interpretate his words at their own way, or mainpulate the meaning of what he says, but at the end of the day that won't change anything at all.

Pretty much. Of course the win will feel good. Even if he knows that it was made easy for him by the team orders, I think its gotta be a pretty good win in general, just with the satisifaction that you were the fastest guy there in the fastest car. Alonso has not driven a car that is 'fastest on the grid' since 2007 - 3 years ago. Something to take into account.

#3769 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,509 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:40

Ah - but in that instance, the stewards didn't manipulate the result.......

#3770 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:45

I think it's fairly obvious by the multiple responses to his comments already that it will have a direct negative impact on his reputation.

#3771 KinetiK

KinetiK

• 3,855 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:49

The one thing that always sticks out when Alonso does something, he never would have done it differently. Now, that's a good thing when he's winning the Championship but it has a distinctly different flavour when he makes an obvious error or benefits from these team orders. It leads me to believe he's hardly smarter than a dump truck, I guess that's how it is with elite athletes, skill at the expense of brain power.

#3772 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:51

I think it's fairly obvious by the multiple responses to his comments already that it will have a direct negative impact on his reputation.

The only think those multiple responses tell to me is that I think his words will only have a negative impact among those that already have a negative view about him. So I think my point may still be standing.

It's a bit like the finger thing of Vettel. Some will see that as being incredibly offensive while others just see it as a simple personal way of celebrating a win. This may cause also several responses but again, it won't change anything IMO.

#3773 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:52

And once again... He said he risked his life driving the car to his limits that day, the very same way he always has done and will, if he is able or allowed to race. I think whenever he speaks this way, he is quite evidently thinking more about his family and friends, the ones suffering watching him every race, than about any bitter forumer around the world enjoying while demolishing the public image of a man he will never know for sure.

Regards.

Fair enough, if that's how you interpret his comments. But what I will say is that he doesn't make it easy for fans of the sport to like him. Over the last few seasons I would hazard a guess that through his actions and comments he has probably lost fans and gained enemies. As a McLaren fan I went into the 2007 season fully behind him, very willing to become a fan of his. Yet we all know what happened, and he effectively alienated a whole segment of F1 fans. I think it will be difficult for him to change his image now - similar to the way Schumi's reputation is tarnished now regardless of his multiple sporting achievements.

#3774 Nitropower

Nitropower

• 1,223 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:54

Yup. Critics always come from the same shore so who cares. Whatever Fernando does or says, did or said, they will bash him. Don't think he cares anymore especially after the 2007 viacrucis certain media imposed on him.

#3775 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:55

The only think those multiple responses tell to me is that I think his words will only have a negative impact among those that already have a negative view about him. So I think my point may still be standing.

It's a bit like the finger thing of Vettel. Some will see that as being incredibly offensive while others just see it as a simple personal way of celebrating a win. This may cause also several responses but again, it won't change anything IMO.

Well there have been a fair few Ferrari fans (especially Massa fans) chastising Alonso since his comments. I doubt all of them were people who had a 'negative view' of him before this race. So I stand by my point.

#3776 midgrid

midgrid

• 4,866 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:55

Okay, maybe this is off-topic, and please don't flame me, but is anyone ever going to write a book about the 2007 season, or has all information been tied-up in the courts/confidentiality agreements?

If would be an awesome read, Rookie, 2X world Champion, Ferrari, Dossier, photo copier, FIA.

I recall Stepney announced that he was going to write a book, but that got scuttled quite quickly.

Maurice Hamilton wrote a book comparing the 1986 and 2007 seasons.

#3777 David Ricardo

David Ricardo

• 245 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:56

What would he say if he would speak with honesty?

He would say his teammate is a ******* retard. If you have an agreement with your team to let the faster driver pass you, either you do it or you don´t, but don´t get the team into trouble doing the show we all have seen.

#3778 Pepsicoke

Pepsicoke

• 22 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:58

"A great feeling" because Ferrari has returned to winning ways.

Then 'winning ways' must be 'cheating ways' as well.

And before you say it...I know, unless something went horrifically wrong a Ferrari would've won it anyway...but it seems they can't even do something as simple as that, they always have to lead a train of controversy behind them.

#3779 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 22:59

Of course the win will feel good. Even if he knows that it was made easy for him by the team orders, I think its gotta be a pretty good win in general.

I think it was a good win for him in terms of feeling he is back in the hunt for the WDC, gaining points over rivals etc. But it was definitely a bad win in terms of his reputation. I don't think he handled his post-race PR very well either - specifically the comments on his blog. I personally believe whoever handles Alonso's PR is doing a very poor job, and should seriously be replaced.

Advertisement

#3780 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,683 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 23:00

He would say his teammate is a ******* retard. If you have an agreement with your team to let the faster driver pass you, either you do it or you don´t, but don´t get the team into trouble doing the show we all have seen.

How do you know such an agreement exists?

#3781 tommi34

tommi34

• 376 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 23:00

Was reading some articles about narcissism and wouldn't be surprised at all if Alonso was a narcist.

#3782 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 23:05

The only think those multiple responses tell to me is that I think his words will only have a negative impact among those that already have a negative view about him.

That can't be true unless you believe were all bigots... like there is no reason to have a negative opinion of him at all..

For instance, if Alonso and Ferrari had displayed more forethought and class with their handling of Massa and team orders, it would have been a non-issue, much like Hamilton and Kova was.. instead of that we got 'ridiculous' radio communications, and Alonso adding insult to injury afterwards by not recognizing much what Massa has done for him... It's just Alonso himself, and 'The Team'.. a great feeling.

#3783 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 23:07

Well there have been a fair few Ferrari fans (especially Massa fans) chastising Alonso since his comments. I doubt all of them were people who had a 'negative view' of him before this race. So I stand by my point.

Hold on, I was talking about his words regarding the win felt good for Ferrari, as I said.

Of course it is understandable that some people may start having negative views against him from this race on. Although Schumacher did worse things and "enemies and friends" all missed him when he retired. So it's not something that keeps me sleepless :p

#3784 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 23:08

I disagree.. Ferrari were retards for not settling this before the race.

Massa and Smedley's behaviors are fully understandable IMHO... you can't blame them for thinking they are there to win races.

#3785 Tactical

Tactical

• 60 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 23:17

Fair enough, if that's how you interpret his comments. But what I will say is that he doesn't make it easy for fans of the sport to like him. Over the last few seasons I would hazard a guess that through his actions and comments he has probably lost fans and gained enemies. As a McLaren fan I went into the 2007 season fully behind him, very willing to become a fan of his. Yet we all know what happened, and he effectively alienated a whole segment of F1 fans. I think it will be difficult for him to change his image now - similar to the way Schumi's reputation is tarnished now regardless of his multiple sporting achievements.

I think it is not a question of his actions or comments, but the way many of them have been 'translated' to the public.

I'm totally pessimistic about his image in some countries, specially GB. It is too late. Alonso is a gold mine for tabloids and some called 'journalists', so they will keep using him for a very long time (see last press conference as a putrid example). Even if he would manage to win several championships in the coming years, the seed is already planted, his image has been conveniently and effectively tarnished, to never allow him to become a 'true' champion.

Regards.

Edited by Tactical, 27 July 2010 - 23:26.

#3786 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 23:20

Some links I should have put in my post above;

Team orders discussion.

Alonso and Massa discussion.

Media coverage discussion.

#3787 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 00:17

Hold on, I was talking about his words regarding the win felt good for Ferrari, as I said.

Of course it is understandable that some people may start having negative views against him from this race on. Although Schumacher did worse things and "enemies and friends" all missed him when he retired. So it's not something that keeps me sleepless :p

Schumacher, whatever he did, was consistent. He didn't whine about manipulated races one day then accept race manipulation the next as professionalism ;) That's Alonso's downfall, his mouth, he says things he shouldn't. Simple as.

#3788 NadsatII

NadsatII

• 236 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 00:43

I would love, someday, to hear what he has to say about his year in McLaren. It would be great to know about it, because, according to the people who were near to him at that time, and with the "never speak about that" orders to these same people, it was some a kind of a hell for him.

Another person, in the kind of Massa, would have told the whole story once he left the team. Alonso didn't.

Alonso kept quiet and didn't say anything about that matter.

Alonso is acussed by the British press, and that's is becoming boring now, of this and that and all this and all that. When speaking in Spanish, he's honest all the time. Listening to him in Spanish about some matter and reading what, about the same matter British press understood, is like him saying that "black is white". That's really funny.

The other day Alonso said that "British (press) [sorry for my mistake, I understood 'British fans' instead British alone and I translated that for 'British fans'] wouldn't be happy with a Ferrari 1-2 and a team (meaning McLaren) 30 seconds after".

Someone started accusing Alonso of being "racist" as "anyone else"... meaning "all Spaniards". The meaning was "Alonso is as racist as all the Spaniards are". Come on...

This attack against Alonso -shouldn't it be against Massa, who was the driver who performed the maneouvre?- is out of time. Sorry to say this, but was Alonso to be blamed for the "Hey, guys, this is ridiculous!"?. It was. Risking a crash for both Ferraris would be just as ridiculous as it was with the Red Bulls in Turkey, and with Christian Horner giving straight team-orders to Mark Webber.

What I find here is just pure hipocresy.

As I said: I would like to hear Alonso talking about his year in McLaren. It wouldn't be nice for the team if he spoke about it.

#3789 jefferyRu

jefferyRu

• 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:40

Hopefully not. As de la Rosa hinted at: Alonso thinks of nothing but himself. He doesn't deserve because of his character and how badly he has driven in the first part of the season.

Badly? You mean by dominating his team mate to one of the highest degree's on the grid?
All drivers think of themselves and 'moan' on the radio. At Turkey 07 or 08 Button was on the radio complaining Rubens was holding him up, the team then told rubens that Button reckons he can go 2 seconds a lap faster than him, and Rubens replied 'dont make me laugh'. How is that different to your opinion of Alonso 'moaning' on the radio and just thinking if himself?

#3790 jefferyRu

jefferyRu

• 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:50

Ferrari are so desperate for their relationship with Alonso not to go sour that Ferrari have been forced by Alonso to intervene with making Alonso the#1 driver at such an early stage in the season.

If Ferrari don't put on lid on Alonso's behaviour and make it clear who is the boss, he will be out of control and is bound to end in tears at Maranello.

Hate to break it to you but Alonso is the boss at Ferrari. It's his house now and Ferrari do what he wants and with a smile. Why? Well because he brings with him a performance advantage of at least 3 tenths over any other driver they can get, which is gold in modern F1, which gives him tremendous clout and authority. Ferrari need him he does not need Ferrari, as he has a nice Newey rocketship seat waiting for him at Redbull, anytime he wants it, and Ferrari know what that means which is why they have made Alonso number 1 so soon. They know whos boss.

#3791 jefferyRu

jefferyRu

• 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:00

It means his victory is in the same class and level as Austria 2002 for Schumacher.

To Schumachers credit, even though I was very unhappy with what happened, he has never attempted to lie to the viewing public like Alonso did this last Sunday. I have always respected Schumacher, although I believed his desire to win at any costs was not exactly classy, but atleast he appeared to not hide it. Alonso? Apparently his character is far more questionable, it will be impossible to take his "word" after what happened at Mclaren in 2007, his celebrating after Singapore 2008 and now Germany 2010.

He might be a great driver, but he is far lacking in morals and character it seems.

IMHO. :wave:

Schumacher did not have to lie because rule 39.1 did not exist. Alonso was forced to lie. At least Alonso unlike Schumacher had the guts to take the win and stand in the middle of the podium, unlike Schumacher who was happy to take the win but then cowered behind Rubens, because he was too scared to face the public consequences. Alonso showed his integrity and strength of character by standing proudly on the top step looking down on Massa, and accepting all the venom, and I think he enjoys it and does not give a flying fig what anyone thinks as this was another step to his next wc.

In terms of comparions Austria 2002 was far worse because it was entirely unnneccessary and Schumacher had been outqualified and outpaced by Rubens all weekend, unlike Hockenheim when Alonso was far superior to Massa.

#3792 jefferyRu

jefferyRu

• 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:09

Let's see how long the Ferrari/Alonso relationship lasts before we pronounce this a love affair. As much as I dislike Ferrari, I have a deep respect for the tifosi and the passion they show for their team. I would expect them to tire of Alonso's antics before too long.

What anctics are you referring to? being frustrated at his slow team mate holding him up while their rivals caught them? The majority of tifosi would have been screaming for Massa to get out of the way as well. Alonso is a classic tifosi driver. Fast, exciting and passionate, and that is why he is such a popular Ferrari driver already.

#3793 jefferyRu

jefferyRu

• 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:12

There will come an occassion however when the interests of the genuine tifosi and Ferrari management are not the same as what Alonso wants. I will see how keen you are to quote gazzetta then.

Alonso's only interests are winning, so I doubt there will come a time when Ferrari finds another interest. Alonso is a ruthless winning machine, just like Ferrari, the perfect combination which will only get better.

#3794 jefferyRu

jefferyRu

• 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:00

Looking at all this venom thrown at Alonso recently, I cant help but think that it is larely motived by panic and fear. Alonso now has a car worthy of his talent and has surely used up all his bad luck so now he is a serious wdc threat, and this is causing a lot of fear among people who enjoy seeing him fail. They all know how good and dangerous Alonso can be when he gets on a roll. I dont blame you all for being scared. If he wins next weekend he is wc favourate.

#3795 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:43

That can't be true unless you believe were all bigots... like there is no reason to have a negative opinion of him at all..

For instance, if Alonso and Ferrari had displayed more forethought and class with their handling of Massa and team orders, it would have been a non-issue, much like Hamilton and Kova was.. instead of that we got 'ridiculous' radio communications, and Alonso adding insult to injury afterwards by not recognizing much what Massa has done for him... It's just Alonso himself, and 'The Team'.. a great feeling.

That's what is puzzling to me. How people can so easily abandon any semblance of objectivity and fairness. Everything he does is beyhond reproach. We don't hear from them the slightest critique. He's perfect. And the contrast with reality is so stark. In my view there's a lot more than just admiration for a sports figure going on here.
Another pattern we can see in play here is the demonization of the perceived enemy. In this case the demon is Massa. He's almost up there with Hamilton and the british press.
I didn't read all the preceding pages of this very educating thread but just take a look at the last one and check the amazing amount of venom directed at him. What makes him so bad in their view ? They think Massa didn't bend far enough. That's just sick.

#3796 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:27

unlike Hockenheim when Alonso was far superior to Massa.

Sorry i'm a little confused here, just to remind me could you possibly state who led the race from turn 1 until lap 57?

#3797 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:53

FAlonso is a trouble maker:

> Was punished in his 1st passage through Renault due to the mass damper and trapping Massa in his stream [Monza].
> Was investigated in McLaren and snitched his employers.
> Was investigated in the Singapore crashgate.
> Was summoned and investigated multiple times in 2010.

Coincidence ?

#3798 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,726 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:01

Pretty much. Of course the win will feel good. Even if he knows that it was made easy for him by the team orders, I think its gotta be a pretty good win in general, just with the satisifaction that you were the fastest guy there in the fastest car.

Tell Achille Varzi that.

#3799 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:41

Hate to break it to you but Alonso is the boss at Ferrari. It's his house now and Ferrari do what he wants and with a smile. Why? Well because he brings with him a performance advantage of at least 3 tenths over any other driver they can get, which is gold in modern F1, which gives him tremendous clout and authority. Ferrari need him he does not need Ferrari, as he has a nice Newey rocketship seat waiting for him at Redbull, anytime he wants it, and Ferrari know what that means which is why they have made Alonso number 1 so soon. They know whos boss.

No, the boss at Ferrari is Emilio Botin and who knows but perhaps soon, Ferrari will change its name to Santander F1. :rotfl:

Ferrari needed money... Botín had the money and Alonso is his wonder boy. As simple as that! :cool:

Next step, hire Briatore and the happy family will be reunited again! :lol:

Edited by Jordana, 28 July 2010 - 06:41.

Advertisement

#3800 jefferyRu

jefferyRu

• 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:14

FAlonso is a trouble maker:

> Was punished in his 1st passage through Renault due to the mass damper and trapping Massa in his stream [Monza].
> Was investigated in McLaren and snitched his employers.
> Was investigated in the Singapore crashgate.
> Was summoned and investigated multiple times in 2010.

Coincidence ?

You cannot understand the difference between investigated and charged. And you blame Alonso for the mass damper affair? :rotfl:
Why dont you blame him for global warming while you are at it.