• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#3801 bauss

bauss

• 4,976 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:50

lol @ Alonso

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/85605

He is really playing the role of a pantomime villain that shoot babies and blogs about it, really rubbing it in to the pissed media and fans by calling it a great victory.

Advertisement

#3802 jefferyRu

jefferyRu

• 42 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:58

lol @ Alonso

He is really playing the role of a pantomime villain that shoot babies and blogs about it, really rubbing it in to the pissed media and fans by calling it a great victory.

Im sure he is really enjoying it and takes great delight in knowing they are all burning while he notches up another victory and another step to his next championship. Im sure it even motivates him to turn the screws even more. Bring on Hungary :wave:

#3803 AlainProstX

AlainProstX

• 306 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:07

lol @ Alonso

Another example of how the poor british press tries to make him look evil.

At least take a look at the original article.

http://www.ferrari.c...m-the-team.aspx

#3804 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,664 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:11

The blog entry already have 133 comments after only 1 or 2 hours, probably a lot of hate, but the comments on the Ferrari blogs are moderated before anything, haters not gonna get what they want :wave:

#3805 Jordana

Jordana

• 740 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:13

Take a look at the Spanish newspapers... An example how they try to make him look like a little angel! :rotfl:

#3806 AlainProstX

AlainProstX

• 306 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:16

Take a look at the Spanish newspapers... An example how they try to make him look like a little angel! :rotfl:

Oh yes, but its funny to see how a well recognized site like this takes some statements fully out of its context and tries to make the Ferrari driver look evil.

#3807 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:19

> Was punished in his 1st passage through Renault due to the mass damper and trapping Massa in his stream [Monza].

So Monza 2006 and the mass damper were Alonso's fault too?

I remember Massa lied to the stewards saying Alonso blocked him in qualifying, which wasn't true :down:

#3808 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:26

Oh yes, but its funny to see how a well recognized site like this takes some statements fully out of its context and tries to make the Ferrari driver look evil.

Uh, how is that "fully out of its context"? Alonso does say "Winning is a great feeling and that was the case in Hockenheim". One even didn't need it on paper, just the look on his face on the podium said exactly the same thing.

Edited by Big Block 8, 28 July 2010 - 08:28.

#3809 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:27

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Autosport article?

They even left out this part: "for once we had a normal race on a weekend when he had no problems whatsoever and the result was there for all to see."

#3810 Number62

Number62

• 493 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:30

The blog entry already have 133 comments after only 1 or 2 hours, probably a lot of hate, but the comments on the Ferrari blogs are moderated before anything, haters not gonna get what they want :wave:

I doubt very much Fernando writes his own blog, although he may well have approval before it's published.

The writing style is very media polished and the english precise and concise for a non-native English writer (Fernando's spoken English is superb though). It's also suspiciously similar in style to Massa's blog.

What do you think?

#3811 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:31

I doubt very much Fernando writes his own blog, although he may well have approval before it's published.

The writing style is very media polished and the english precise and concise for a non-native English writer (Fernando's spoken English is superb though). It's also suspiciously similar in style to Massa's blog.

What do you think?

I think Kimi also took the time to write a blog after every race weekend :) :) :) :)

The drivers will say things, someone else writes them down plus a bit extra

Edited by F.M., 28 July 2010 - 08:32.

#3812 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:48

Fernando Alonso doesn't care what people think about him. He is one of the highest paid athletes in the world, has a beautiful wife, drives F1 Cars, Spain loves him, has won 2 WDC already and counting. Some people can cry what they want :lol:

#3813 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,664 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:48

What do you think?

Hard to tell who is the one writting the blog but sometimes he write little stuff about Spanish sportsmen, from Ferrari PR point of view that is totally unnecessary and I believe Massa's blog is always about racing. I don't know if Fernando can write in english, I know that he can't write in Italian despite he spoke the language very well. Maybe he write it in spanish and Ferrari people translate it into english. I do think that Fernando and Massa's blog are real but maybe with some "fixing" done by Ferrari, grammar and content.

Speaking of other things, really sad the way people behave sometimes, sadly this kind of stuff happend in every country. The video is a little old but is the first time I saw it.

#3814 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,457 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:49

Germany team orders discussion.

Alonso and Massa discussion.

Media coverage discussion.

None of the above issues may be discussed here. If you cannot work with that, PM me and we will find a workable solution for you. Avoid trolling, baiting, flaming or attacking other posters. Make proper use of the report function and your ignore list.

#3815 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,739 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:44

has won 2 WDC already and counting. Some people can cry what they want :lol:

he has been counting these two from 2007 onwards
he's not getting any younger also

#3816 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:55

What anctics are you referring to? being frustrated at his slow team mate holding him up while their rivals caught them? The majority of tifosi would have been screaming for Massa to get out of the way as well. Alonso is a classic tifosi driver. Fast, exciting and passionate, and that is why he is such a popular Ferrari driver already.

What antics? Really?
How about that after each of the last 4 races, Ferrari management have been in dispute with the race officials over incidents that Alonso was at the centre of:

After Canada - complaints about lack of blue flags / the new teams in general
After Valencia - Describing the race as "maniulated" and "a scandal"
After Silverstone - Press Release issued to contradict statements given by Race Control (not to mention contact between him and his teammate twice in one lap)
After Hockenheim - Ferrari personnel forced to make buffoons of themselves denying the undeniable. The team to be 'invited' to a WMSC hearing.

How about also that each of the last 3 teams Alonso has joined have been charged with bringing the sport into disrepute for events that occurred in his first season with that team.

In a way, both Ferrari and Alonso, are lucky that Massa has underperformed this season. Had the points tally between the two of them been closer going into Sunday's race, such that it would have been difficult to justify the 'switch' order, then we would have had an instance of the teams' interests and Alonso's not overlapping. We can only speculate as to what would have happened, history suggests it would not be pretty.

The tifosi will tolerate such antics as long as they are winning, should he fail to deliver (as he has done often in the early part of the season) he will become the scapegoat.

#3817 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:53

What antics? Really?
How about that after each of the last 4 races, Ferrari management have been in dispute with the race officials over incidents that Alonso was at the centre of:

pointing out what went wrong is now antics :drunk:

How about also that each of the last 3 teams Alonso has joined have been charged with bringing the sport into disrepute for events that occurred in his first season with that team.

:drunk:
tell me one team that was not charged with bringing the sport into disrepute? (being longer in formula1)

The tifosi will tolerate such antics as long as they are winning, should he fail to deliver (as he has done often in the early part of the season) he will become the scapegoat.

who are you to speak for tifosi?
are you their spokesman?

Edited by YellowHelmet, 28 July 2010 - 14:53.

#3818 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:26

From Joe Saward (http://joesaward.wor...tting-the-road/):

Alonso’s responses to the questions (at the PC, F.M.) indicated that he feels that all the F1 press are simply hacks looking for a front page lead. He needs to be educated to fully understand why it is that he is not as popular as perhaps he should be given the talents he has.

There are two ways of winning: one can win in a functional sense and one can win in style. This is why I believe Massa is more popular than Alonso, because while Fernando has had all manner of scrapes and question marks during his F1 career, the drive to win has always been a functional one. Winning was the goal and the route taken to get there was not important to him. Massa, on the other hand, has shown that one can be a champion without actually being the World Champion. He showed that in Brazil in 2008.

Edited by F.M., 28 July 2010 - 15:27.

#3819 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:31

From Joe Saward (http://joesaward.wor...tting-the-road/):

Alonso’s responses to the questions (at the PC, F.M.) indicated that he feels that all the F1 press are simply hacks looking for a front page lead. He needs to be educated to fully understand why it is that he is not as popular as perhaps he should be given the talents he has.

There are two ways of winning: one can win in a functional sense and one can win in style. This is why I believe Massa is more popular than Alonso, because while Fernando has had all manner of scrapes and question marks during his F1 career, the drive to win has always been a functional one. Winning was the goal and the route taken to get there was not important to him. Massa, on the other hand, has shown that one can be a champion without actually being the World Champion. He showed that in Brazil in 2008.

who is Joe Saward apart from being a bad journalist :down:

Advertisement

#3820 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:33

What a demagogue that guy is :rotfl:

#3821 Don_Humpador

Don_Humpador

• 2,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:33

Oooh, alright, then, I'll take the bait.

Do you really believe that Alonso is as popular as his talents should allow him to be?

And for the second point, that is pure opinion. But of course, Joe Saward, being a journalist, can't have one of those, can he? :smoking:

#3822 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:36

Do you really believe that Alonso is as popular as his talents should allow him to be?

in our world? within the given media landscape?
he is doing almost the maximum :up:

#3823 Don_Humpador

Don_Humpador

• 2,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:39

So that's a no then.

#3824 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:39

Fernando was pretty popular in Britain in 2006...

#3825 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:40

If he and his PR team are 'doing almost the maximum' to promote his image then he seriously needs to sack his PR team as they are doing an appalling job.

#3826 Rob

Rob

• 8,170 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:42

Tell Achille Varzi that.

Are you referring to Tripoli 1933? Because there's a great deal of scepticism about that story. :)

#3827 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:43

Fernando Alonso doesn't care what people think about him. He is one of the highest paid athletes in the world, has a beautiful wife, drives F1 Cars, Spain loves him, has won 2 WDC already and counting. Some people can cry what they want :lol:

It makes me laugh when I read stuff like. Of course he does. Actually he does care more than the average person. Why do you think he wants to succed so badly ? Why do you think he wants to be at the top step of podium and lift the trophy ? He wants to be admired and for that you need other people thinking about you, he craves the attention. And before you call me a basher all of them are like that.

#3828 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:45

If he and his PR team are 'doing almost the maximum' to promote his image then he seriously needs to sack his PR team as they are doing an appalling job.

his pr team does nothing wrong, it is some bad journalists who does that, so this is not in his/their hands!

#3829 as65p

as65p

• 17,220 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:45

So all that means that Alonso is crap at PR and doesn't care much for his public image?

That's my man! :up: :)

#3830 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:46

Fernando was pretty popular in Britain in 2006...

but not in germany! why? (and why is he still not popular in the mainstream media in germany and britain!)

#3831 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,457 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:47

Did Alonso not employ a professional fan for a while? That tells me he does care about his image.

#3832 Don_Humpador

Don_Humpador

• 2,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:49

his pr team does nothing wrong, it is some bad journalists who does that, so this is not in his/their hands!

If by "bad journalists" you mean "Joe Saward", you're a long way off target.

First of all, your opinion on Joe Saward doesn't matter in this case, you may think he's a bad journalist, fine, I have no problem with you having your opinion on that.

But to base that on the fact that he offered an opinion on Fernando Alonso and his popularity, and the reasons surrounding it, is silly. It's like saying a film reviewer who doesn't like 'Gone with the Wind' is a bad reviewer.

#3833 as65p

as65p

• 17,220 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:50

Did Alonso not employ a professional fan for a while? That tells me he does care about his image.

Ouch...

Though that might have been the idea of his brilliant PR department (or so I hope). Didn't last long in any case.

#3834 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,457 posts

but not in germany!

Show me.

why?

Tell me.

(and why is he still not popular in the mainstream media in germany and britain!)

He is, just not in all outlets. I have provided examples of British newspapers and bloggers who support what happened on Sunday in the global press thread. Do you recognise at all that it is only parts of the British press who have an issue or are you intending to maintain and repeat the lie that all British newspapers do not support it?

#3835 Jojodyne

Jojodyne

• 377 posts

It might have been said here already, but for me Alonso lost all credit I still had for him when I heard his on-board radio when he said "Come on guys, this is ridiculous", referring to being behind Massa and being unable to overtake him.

Since bloody when does the guy in fron t have to move over because you are a tad faster? (later laptimes proved Massa was only marginally faster). Isn't racing all about closing the gap and and then making the pass stick, even (or especially) with your team mate.

Same with The pass on Kubica. It's not because Kubica was a whole lot slower that You can just pass him by breaking the rules. The drive-through was wholly justified, but Oh no, Teflonso thought he was being robbed!

The guy thinks himself to be god and is arrogant beyond belief. Shame, cause he's actually a very good driver, but he's also a total wanker

#3836 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:52

but not in germany! why? (and why is he still not popular in the mainstream media in germany and britain!)

Yeah - and I bet he is adored in Brazil too. :confused:

#3837 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:53

If by "bad journalists" you mean "Joe Saward", you're a long way off target.

First of all, your opinion on Joe Saward doesn't matter in this case, you may think he's a bad journalist, fine, I have no problem with you having your opinion on that.

But to base that on the fact that he offered an opinion on Fernando Alonso and his popularity, and the reasons surrounding it, is silly. It's like saying a film reviewer who doesn't like 'Gone with the Wind' is a bad reviewer.

it is the chain of causation what this demagogue is producing, what makes him a bad journalist, with no class and not even a try of a critical access, when he is writing (about alonso!)

real bad :down: (the irony about that, he can afford his living with writing such bullshit :drunk: )

#3838 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,457 posts

It might have been said here already, but for me Alonso lost all credit I still had for him when I heard his on-board radio when he said "Come on guys, this is ridiculous", referring to being behind Massa and being unable to overtake him.

They all do it. I've heard the same thing from many drivers over the years. Listen to The Chequered Flag podcast. Ant Davidson was quite clear on that point.

#3839 as65p

as65p

• 17,220 posts

It might have been said here already...

Na, you're the first.

:drunk:

Advertisement

#3840 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:56

Show me.

sorry i cant repeat for you the whole coverage of the two main TV channels (RTL and premiere (now sky!) in germany in 2006! (a hint lauda was already there!)

Tell me.

he was racing a german driver, and the german tv always protrays it as a national contest, germany vs. spain etc.

He is, just not in all outlets.

thats true :up:
i said in the main stream medias

#3841 Don_Humpador

Don_Humpador

• 2,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:57

it is the chain of causation what this demagogue is producing, what makes him a bad journalist, with no class and not even a try of a critical access, when he is writing (about alonso!)

real bad :down: (the irony about that, he can afford his living with writing such bullshit :drunk: )

Yeah, next time I suggest that you recognise the difference between a personal opinion blog and a professional article. :up:

#3842 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:59

Yeah, next time I suggest that you recognise the difference between a personal opinion blog and a professional article. :up:

so a personal opinion cant be bad?
even if that person is not showing any critical access to the things he writes about?

#3843 as65p

as65p

• 17,220 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:00

Yeah - and I bet he is adored in Brazil too. :confused:

Actually someone from Brazil wrote here that they're more embarassed about Barrichello and Massa being their spearheads in F1 instead of their past greats like Fittipaldi, Piquet and Senna, none of which would have even remotely considered moving over, regardless who would have told them.

#3844 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:03

Actually someone from Brazil wrote here that they're more embarassed about Barrichello and Massa being their spearheads in F1 instead of their past greats like Fittipaldi, Piquet and Senna, none of which would have even remotely considered moving over, regardless who would have told them.

You have a point there..... :up:

Can you imagine the radio broadcast if Nelson was given that information?

Pit: "Nelson - Fernando is faster than you...do you understand."

Nelson: "Tell him to **** off" :rotfl:

Edited by goat0063, 28 July 2010 - 16:07.

#3845 Don_Humpador

Don_Humpador

• 2,223 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:12

so a personal opinion cant be bad?
even if that person is not showing any critical access to the things he writes about?

You don't need "critical access" - I'm not even sure what you mean by that - to offer an opinion.

I don't have "critical access", yet my opinion is what it is.

#3846 as65p

as65p

• 17,220 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:12

You have a point there..... :up:

Can you imagine the radio broadcast if Nelson was given that information?

Pit: "Nelson - Fernando is faster than you...do you understand."

Nelson: "Tell him to **** off" :rotfl:

On a good day. On a bad day he would probably drive into the pits and run over the guy who told him.;)

#3847 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:13

So you know absolutely nothing about Joe Saward, probably have never read one of his articles, yet because he wrote something that might not meet with your agenda regarding Alonso he is a bad journalist? Objectivity out the window I see when Alonso isn't shown in a positive light. I happened to think Joe was spot on.

#3848 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:15

Other than being their job :rolleyes: .

#3849 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:18

You don't need "critical access" - I'm not even sure what you mean by that - to offer an opinion.

I don't have "critical access", yet my opinion is what it is.

critical access: i though that it is clear what is meant with it.
sorry if it isnt.
i will try to explain it, with the oppportunities i have with my bad english. :)
critical acces means that you as a journalist tries to evaluate the positive and the negative at once.

maybe critical approach is better :confused:

Edited by YellowHelmet, 28 July 2010 - 16:18.

#3850 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:18

So all that means that Alonso is crap at PR and doesn't care much for his public image?

That's my man! :up: :)

Well whether he cares or not about his public image the fact is that his reputation is on the downward slope in pretty much every country other than Spain of course. Even some of the Italian papers had reasonably negative stories about him after Sunday.