Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#4101 Jakob

Jakob

• 229 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:30

Are they? He's only stating the obvious:

*Kubica gains the teams focus and respect by leading by example.

*Alonso expects the teams focus and respect... and the toys come flying out of the pram if it doesn't happen.

What link have you read? He says nothing like that.

He speaks of commitment, criticizes the "older" management their lack of direction and praises Kubica for his commitment, while implying Alonso had little because he had signed with Ferrari. Other than being predictable, I don't see anything special in said interview.

1-3-4-5-8 is a clear downward trend.

8-5 is an upward trend

No, one year is not a trend by any stretch of the imagination, could as well be a blip in the radar.

It's too early to go asking for Boullier's head, that's for sure. But Renault's place should be amongst the Ferraris and McLaren's of the F1, I don't believe Goshn will spend much more on F1 if he doesn't see improvements fast.

Edited by Jakob, 05 August 2010 - 08:38.

Advertisement

#4102 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,522 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 21:08

By the way, I don't think Boullier said anything that is out of line. He was inaccurate about the motivation bit, but the rest is pretty spot on, I'd say.

He didn't say Alonso was unmotivated to drive and flight. But for the team the situation could surely be unmotivating. The driver being an arrogant primadonna who is going to leave anyway.

#4103 muelte

muelte

• 499 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:34

He didn't say Alonso was unmotivated to drive and flight. But for the team the situation could surely be unmotivating. The driver being an arrogant primadonna who is going to leave anyway.

It was quoted lots ot times by Renault management that "they had to give Fernando a winning car in order to keep him". They failed 2 years in a row and they knew Fernando would leave. It was their job. Their main problem last year wasn't Fernando, Nelsinho or Romain, it was the dog car they designed. Boullier is simply making a lot of excuses to make them look better than they really are this year. Ok, RK has been impressive a few races (in Monaco mainly) but also has beneffited from safety cars to get good results, nothing than Alonso didn't manage in even worse cars, and less developed through season. If they don't give RK a even better car I can't imagine him not going to other team in short term.

#4104 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:37

Kubica signed a 2 year extension with Renault recently. That's how badly they are failing this season ...

#4105 muelte

muelte

• 499 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:47

Kubica signed a 2 year extension with Renault recently. That's how badly they are failing this season ...

"Building a team around a star driver and supporting him as your number 1 works well for a WDC bid, IMO. When you have produced a midfield car and you know that the star driver isn't going to be around for very much longer, I don't think it's an approach that works well."

Your own words a few posts ago... Let's see how RK relationship inside Renault develops in those years if they keep being a midfield car.

#4106 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:06

kubica drove 4 years for BMW, who were failing!
Renaults goal cant be being 5th in the WCC! and everyone who tries to construe that as a success, should think about what goals he or she has in his/her live.

If there would have been any chances to move into one of the top 4 teams (counting this season as a measure) i think kubica would have made a move!

Edited by YellowHelmet, 06 August 2010 - 10:08.

#4107 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:44

Minardi backs Alonso to win 2010 title

"He has an added value and is a driver who can impose his personality on the technical staff, who know he always gives 100 per cent, and the rest comes from the development of the car," said the Italian.

"And in this highly competitive championship, the mismanagement at Red Bull could be decisive," added Minardi.

#4108 jetalt

jetalt

• 495 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 13:59

#4109 yr

yr

• 5,969 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 15:57

I watched GP2 in 2006, and he was the driver who impressed me the most after Hamilton :blush:

Did you watch GP2 in 2005? Piquet junior was useless in his rookie year, he was one of the most mistake prone drivers I have ever seen in any serie. Ofcourse he then upped his game in 2006 but he was still outraced by rookie Hamilton, you cant count that as a credit for him.

#4110 yr

yr

• 5,969 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 16:07

kubica drove 4 years for BMW, who were failing!
Renaults goal cant be being 5th in the WCC! and everyone who tries to construe that as a success, should think about what goals he or she has in his/her live.

If there would have been any chances to move into one of the top 4 teams (counting this season as a measure) i think kubica would have made a move!

Are you suggesting that BMWs "failure" in F1 was due to Kubica? If you really hold one person (who isnt even designing car, engine etc) responssible for whole team not winning the WDC or WCC, then I must take it that you believe that Ferrari will win all WDCs from this year till the end of Fernandos career, right? If a team with such a long history and with practically unlimitted sources cant win every WDC and WCC with Fernando, then asking a new team like BMW with smaller resources than Ferrari to win with Kubica is , well, ridiculous.

BTW Kubica is doing better right now compared to what Alonso did last year, so Robert is doing just fine.

#4111 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 18:56

Are you suggesting that BMWs "failure" in F1 was due to Kubica? If you really hold one person (who isnt even designing car, engine etc) responssible for whole team not winning the WDC or WCC, then I must take it that you believe that Ferrari will win all WDCs from this year till the end of Fernandos career, right? If a team with such a long history and with practically unlimitted sources cant win every WDC and WCC with Fernando, then asking a new team like BMW with smaller resources than Ferrari to win with Kubica is , well, ridiculous.

BTW Kubica is doing better right now compared to what Alonso did last year, so Robert is doing just fine.

I don't understand why we MUST take it as FACT when Ferrari is saying how good Fernando is, and why when Renault says Kubica is good, that doesn't count. Nope, the only truth in their alternate reallity is that, Nando is the best, does everything the best, and whomever says different is just a chump!

#4112 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 19:29

I don't understand why we MUST take it as FACT when Ferrari is saying how good Fernando is, and why when Renault says Kubica is good, that doesn't count. Nope, the only truth in their alternate reallity is that, Nando is the best, does everything the best, and whomever says different is just a chump!

Fact is that when Kubica raced for BMW Heifeld was better than him most of years, and I don't consider Heifeld one of the bests.

#4113 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 22:03

You are twisting the reality. Nobody said such a thing.

#4114 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 22:26

Fact is that when Kubica raced for BMW Heifeld was better than him most of years, and I don't consider Heifeld one of the bests.

Yeaaah, you are right. Heidfeld outscored Kubica in 2006 (what an achievement, especially when you consider the fact that Kubica raced in 6 out of 18 races), 2007 when Kubica's car was breaking down all the time and Heidfeld's not (yes I know, he is a car breaker) and he was out for two races after he had crashed heavily in Montreal, and in 2009 when the BMW was a complete and utter dog, and Heidfeld got a lucky podium at Sepang. The only season when Kubica outscored Heidfeld was 2008. Interestingly, it was also the only season when BMW was really competitive. Especially in the first half of the season, when Kubica 'outshined' Heidfeld totally.

Conclusion?
Heidfeld is good at bringing the points home. And that's all.
Proof?
Just look at the names of other driver's, Heidfeld was better than when they raced together.
For example ....... Raikkonen. :wave:
Do you consider Kimi not one of the best ??

That's it for your fact.
Fan is considered a fan, because he supports a driver and cheer for him, not because he bashes everyone who dares to say things that don't suit an idyllic picture from fan's head.

Edited by TURU, 07 August 2010 - 22:34.

#4115 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 22:30

Madonna di Campiglio, 7 August – Just like everyone else at Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, Fernando Alonso is also on holiday as from tomorrow. Having spent Monday to Thursday at Maranello, to work alongside the team, both in preparing for the final part of the 2010 season and in defining the guidelines for the design of the 2011 car...

http://www.ferrari.c...completely.aspx

#4116 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 22:31

Yeaaah, you are right. Heidfeld outscored Kubica in 2006 (what an achievement, especially when you consider the fact that Kubica raced in 6 out of 18 races), 2007 when Kubica's car was breaking down all the time and Heidfeld's not (yes I know, he is a car breaker) and he was out for two races after he had crashed heavily in Montreal, and in 2009 when the BMW was a complete and utter dog. The only season when Kubica outscored Heidfeld was 2008. Interestingly, it was also the only season when BMW was really competitive. Especially in the first half of the season, when Kubica 'outshined' Heidfeld totally.

Conclusion?
Proof?
Just look at the names of other driver's, Heidfeld was better than when they raced together.

Heifeld indeed did a better job that year than Raikkonen.

You may want to have a look at this http://www.f1-facts....m-mates/RKubica

#4117 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 22:45

So you consider Heidfeld better driver than Raikkonen because of that season ?? This is your logic. Hopefully, F1 guys does not share it.

I don't know what's interesting and sensational in these statistics ...

BTW. Did you know that when you go for a walk with your dog, statistically you have 3 legs ?

#4118 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,522 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 22:57

Please bring the thread back on the topic of Fernando Alonso, it is drifting too far off topic. Thanks.

#4119 zawisza

zawisza

• 565 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 15:27

Yeah...have a look at statistics. This is the real fans remote support. No need watching races let alone doing current analysis on your own.

Edited by zawisza, 08 August 2010 - 15:34.

Advertisement

#4120 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 15:51

The primary issue that you guys are fighting over is the fact that Renault now says Alonso wasnt fully motivated in his two seasons at Renault. But really, does this come as a surprise to anyone ? I dont see a need for any of his fans to 'defend' him over this at all.

At the time he joined Mclaren, he had made it clear that it was his dream to drive a Mclaren and win a championship with them. As things turned out, he couldnt do what he had set out to do, and when he returned to Renault in 08, it must have been extremely demotivating for a young man like Alonso. He had been used to a huge amount of success, and it seemed like his entire life changed in the matter of a year. From being F1's top driver to an also ran in the midfield with Renault.

For those out here who are criticizing Alonso with a vengeance, frankly put yourself in Alonso's shoes before you make irresponsible comments. For a young man of 25-26 who has been used to a huge amount of success, this must have been a massive failure in his own eyes. Would you be able to give your 100% ? I highly doubt. Lest you guys forget, F1 drivers are also human beings, and its okay for them to not be machine like all the time.

Didnt Hamilton ask his team once to retire from a race because he was running down the order ? That was just one race for him, imagine doing that for 2 full seasons ! He's come back admirably after those setbacks, and it only deserves praise. The fact that top teams are still looking for him is enough testimony to his talent inside an F1 cockpit, no matter how he is perceived outside of it by the media

#4121 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 19:57

Minardi backs Alonso to win 2010 title

#4122 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 20:45

Here is the full 2010 Sports Illustrated list:

1. Roger Federer (Tennis) $61.8m;

2. Leo Messi (Barcelona) $44m;

3. David Beckham (LA Galaxy) $40.5m;

4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) $40m;

5. Manny Pacquiao (Boxing) $38m;

6. Ichiro Suzuki (Baseball) $37m;

7. Valentino Rossi (MotoGp) $35m;

8. Yao Ming (Basketball) $34.4m;

9. Rafael Nadal (Tennis) $27.5m;

10. Lewis Hamilton (Formula One) $26.7m;

11. Kaká (Real Madrid) $25.1m;

12. Thierry Henry (Retired) $24m;

13. Dirk Nowitzki (Basketball) $23.8m;

14. Kimi Räikkönen (Auto Racing) $23.6m;

15. Jenson Button (Formula One) $23.1m;

16. Ronaldinho (Ac Milan) $23m;

17. Fernando Alonso (Formula One) $22.6m;

18. Carlos Tevez (Mancester City) $20.5m;

19. Miguel Cabrera (Baseball) $20.3m;

20. Maria Sharapova (Tennis) $19.9m;

I believed Fernando Alonso was the highest paid driver in F1, but I was incredibly wrong.

I can't stop to laugh when I think Ferrari were paying Kimi double of Alonso's (or Massa's) wages. What a waste of money IMHO! :lol:

#4123 kooratzi

kooratzi

• 212 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 21:01

[i][color="#000080"]Here is the full 2010 Sports Illustrated list:

I believed Fernando Alonso was the highest paid driver in F1, but I was incredibly wrong.

I can't stop to laugh when I think Ferrari were paying Kimi double of Alonso's (or Massa's) wages. What a waste of money IMHO! :lol:

The whole Raikkonen-Ferrari story is in fact a theatrical farce. It's laughable in its every segment and it continues to be so.

#4124 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 21:36

Yeaaah, you are right. Heidfeld outscored Kubica in 2006 (what an achievement, especially when you consider the fact that Kubica raced in 6 out of 18 races), 2007 when Kubica's car was breaking down all the time and Heidfeld's not (yes I know, he is a car breaker) and he was out for two races after he had crashed heavily in Montreal, and in 2009 when the BMW was a complete and utter dog, and Heidfeld got a lucky podium at Sepang. The only season when Kubica outscored Heidfeld was 2008. Interestingly, it was also the only season when BMW was really competitive. Especially in the first half of the season, when Kubica 'outshined' Heidfeld totally.

Conclusion?
Proof?

That's it for your fact.
Fan is considered a fan, because he supports a driver and cheer for him, not because he bashes everyone who dares to say things that don't suit an idyllic picture from fan's head.

Kimi's not really a good example now considering how he was matched at Ferrari by Massa whilst Alonso is very much giving Massa the run around

The primary issue that you guys are fighting over is the fact that Renault now says Alonso wasnt fully motivated in his two seasons at Renault. But really, does this come as a surprise to anyone ? I dont see a need for any of his fans to 'defend' him over this at all.

At the time he joined Mclaren, he had made it clear that it was his dream to drive a Mclaren and win a championship with them. As things turned out, he couldnt do what he had set out to do, and when he returned to Renault in 08, it must have been extremely demotivating for a young man like Alonso. He had been used to a huge amount of success, and it seemed like his entire life changed in the matter of a year. From being F1's top driver to an also ran in the midfield with Renault.

For those out here who are criticizing Alonso with a vengeance, frankly put yourself in Alonso's shoes before you make irresponsible comments. For a young man of 25-26 who has been used to a huge amount of success, this must have been a massive failure in his own eyes. Would you be able to give your 100% ? I highly doubt. Lest you guys forget, F1 drivers are also human beings, and its okay for them to not be machine like all the time.

Didnt Hamilton ask his team once to retire from a race because he was running down the order ? That was just one race for him, imagine doing that for 2 full seasons ! He's come back admirably after those setbacks, and it only deserves praise. The fact that top teams are still looking for him is enough testimony to his talent inside an F1 cockpit, no matter how he is perceived outside of it by the media

That was only to save wear and tear on the engine and gearbox, i believe his car was damaged and he wasnt going to score any points

#4125 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 22:02

LOL you sure showed me!! :rolleyes:

Certainly reading some stats on the net say more than actually watching and being close to the sport for 30 years! :rotfl:

I wonder why even watch the races anymore, I gain a lot more by just reading these stats!!! :up:

#4126 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 22:06

LOL you sure showed me!! :rolleyes:

Certainly reading some stats on the net say more than actually watching and being close to the sport for 30 years! :rotfl:

I wonder why even watch the races anymore, I gain a lot more by just reading these stats!!! :up:

Of course says more. Who was the #3 driver of Spanish GP of 1982? And the #6?

Ok, now without looking it on the net :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#4127 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 22:20

That was only to save wear and tear on the engine and gearbox, i believe his car was damaged and he wasnt going to score any points

I believe Mclaren then radioed the guy who stated several times he always drives with his heart out to concentrate on the driving and continue.

#4128 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 22:33

Of course says more. Who was the #3 driver of Spanish GP of 1982? And the #6?

Ok, now without looking it on the net :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I probably don't know because, well, more times than not, you remember the good drivers :rotfl:

#4129 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 22:47

I probably don't know because, well, more times than not, you remember the good drivers :rotfl:

Point is, there wasn't even a Spanish GP in 1982 :wave:

#4130 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 22:49

Point is, there wasn't even a Spanish GP in 1982 :wave:

Not that I would have noticed :wave:

Joking aside, reading info on that doesn't exactly tell you how good somebody was, or wasn't.

Edited by Birelman, 08 August 2010 - 22:52.

#4131 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 23:31

I believe Mclaren then radioed the guy who stated several times he always drives with his heart out to concentrate on the driving and continue.

He knew it was a pointless exercise (pardon the pun :) ), McLaren hoped cars would retire in front of him before retiring him themselves a few laps from the end i believe?

His car was damaged and he didnt have the pace to catch anyone, get real

#4132 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 23:35

To me it sounded more like 'Lewis, shut up and put up'.

I keep being reminded of this everytime Lewis claims he always races his heart out. Not at that Nurburgring race.

#4133 Bonaventura

Bonaventura

• 7,698 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 23:43

I keep being reminded of this everytime Lewis claims he always races his heart out. Not at that Nurburgring race.

He did it, for the rest of the GP, with a damaged car and 1 lap behind

#4134 Yorkie

Yorkie

• 2,192 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 00:11

Drivers were always looking to look after the engines wherever possible, whats the point in pushing the engine when your 1 lap down in a damaged car with basically no chance of scoring points?

#4135 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:31

He wasnt saying anything about the engine, but mentioned the gearbox and implied to just park the car. Lewis started on pole but was now dead last and lapped by everybody. The team was having none of it and told him to continue.

If the argument is Alonso wasnt motivated when he was down the order then this is an example of Lewis not being motivated.

#4136 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:36

Kimi's not really a good example now considering how he was matched at Ferrari by Massa whilst Alonso is very much giving Massa the run around

If WDC and the guy who was regarded by many as one of the most talented drivers ever, is not a good example, then who is ??

Yes, he was outscored by Massa in 2008, but there were many factors that contributed to this: car not suiting Kimi, lack of motivation, personal problems. He just lost it ...
However you can't deny he was a great talent and showed it in Mclaren and Ferrari 2007.

Of course Alonso does great job ATM, but Alonso story is a very different story. He is a clear number one in the team and Massa is nowhere near his 2008 form.

#4137 kooratzi

kooratzi

• 212 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:38

If WDC and the guy who was regarded by many as one of the most talented drivers ever, is not a good example, then who is ??

Yes, he was outscored by Massa in 2008, but there were many factors that contributed to this: car not suiting Kimi, lack of motivation, personal problems. He just lost it ...
However you can't deny he was a great talent and showed it in Mclaren and Ferrari 2007.

Of course Alonso does great job ATM, but Alonso story is a very different story. He is a clear number one in the team and Massa is nowhere near his 2008 form.

Personal problems? What was happening?

Edited by kooratzi, 09 August 2010 - 07:39.

#4138 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:40

He wasnt saying anything about the engine, but mentioned the gearbox and implied to just park the car. Lewis started on pole but was now dead last and lapped by everybody. The team was having none of it and told him to continue.

If the argument is Alonso wasnt motivated when he was down the order then this is an example of Lewis not being motivated.

No it isn't :rolleyes: .

It's an example of Lewis being motivated and thinking clearly about his objective; 18th and being lapped, saving the engine. He was quite right but the team isn't allowed to retire a viable car under the CA.

#4139 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:45

He is a clear number one in the team and Massa is nowhere near his 2008 form.

Hmm. I remember Melbourne and Malaysia where the clear number one was stuck for many laps behind number two.

Alonso has been faster in almost every session than Massa eversince he joined Ferrari. The score must be somewhere like 56 - 4 in favor of Fernando. Kimi never put such dominance on Felipe. He was quick, no doubt, but pace wise there wasnt much between him and Massa.

Advertisement

#4140 kooratzi

kooratzi

• 212 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:54

Hmm. I remember Melbourne and Malaysia where the clear number one was stuck for many laps behind number two.

Alonso has been faster in almost every session than Massa eversince he joined Ferrari. The score must be somewhere like 56 - 4 in favor of Fernando. Kimi never put such dominance on Felipe. He was quick, no doubt, but pace wise there wasnt much between him and Massa.

The events of Melbourne and Sepang provide full credibility to the Germany swap. Ferrari simply decided that the circumstances are as such that the best interest of the team was to do the swap.

#4141 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:37

The events of Melbourne and Sepang provide full credibility to the Germany swap. Ferrari simply decided that the circumstances are as such that the best interest of the team was to do the swap.

Yeah I agree. What they didn't do, but should have, is tell Felipe he was a No2 beforehand. But they wanted him motivated as a joint No 1. It was that deceitfulness that made it a problem.

Plus Fernando asking to be given the place was not great, and then lying about it afterwards was less than great again. That's why the media were on his case.

#4142 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:56

Are you suggesting that BMWs "failure" in F1 was due to Kubica?

:drunk:
no, surely not!

i was just saying that kubica drove for BMW when they were failing, as he does now for Renault!

how do you come to that conclusion?
Nevertheless Kubica is doing an incredible job, as alonso always does!

#4143 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:01

Yeah I agree. What they didn't do, but should have, is tell Felipe he was a No2 beforehand.

why should they have to do that?

before hockenheim fernando wasnt the n1 and massa n2 driver FOR THIS SEASON!
the circumstances made it that way.

Not to forget, next year there is a new chance for massa being n1.

#4144 kooratzi

kooratzi

• 212 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:04

Yeah I agree. What they didn't do, but should have, is tell Felipe he was a No2 beforehand. But they wanted him motivated as a joint No 1. It was that deceitfulness that made it a problem.

Plus Fernando asking to be given the place was not great, and then lying about it afterwards was less than great again. That's why the media were on his case.

Yes, they should have been clear with it with Massa.
But Alonso had no other options - telling the truth would be openly admitting of breaking the rules.

#4145 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:30

But Alonso had no other options - telling the truth would be openly admitting of breaking the rules.

Yeah that's true. But he created that situation, which was always going to be unattractive.

#4146 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:35

why should they have to do that?

before hockenheim fernando wasnt the n1 and massa n2 driver FOR THIS SEASON!
the circumstances made it that way.

Not to forget, next year there is a new chance for massa being n1.

Yep next year is a new story. But before Hock the points difference was 31, they all knew that.

They could have said to Felipe "either you show you're faster or it's No2 for you this season". He could have argued it, got upset, thrown things around, all in the privacy of the factory, then on raceday he'd have been resigned to it and done the swap more discreetly.

But the downside to having a No 1 is that the No 2 tends to lose motivation. So what Ferrari were doing IMO was making him No 2 but hoping they wouldn't have to actually tell him.

#4147 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,745 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:37

There is a thread for the team orders discussion (several) and threads for the discussion of the Heidfeld and Kubica pairing too if you do a search. Please keep this thread on topic.

#4148 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:49

latest interview with alonso

#4149 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 14:12

Thanks Fernando for letting us know that you think about your job for at least ten minutes every day. This is crucial information in establishing that you truly are the very best driver in F1.

#4150 absentia

absentia

• 37 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 00:15

Thanks Fernando for letting us know that you think about your job for at least ten minutes every day. This is crucial information in establishing that you truly are the very best driver in F1.

Gosh, look what stinging spot of yours has he touched AGAIN! :drunk:

Fernando's happy with Ferrari and Ferrari Fernando.

Edited by Gareth, 10 August 2010 - 08:57.
"go away Kimi fans go away" deleted