Photo

Fernando Alonso thread [merged]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14493 replies to this topic

#4601 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 15:51

A very young Fernando Alonso in the European Karting Championship in Belgium at the age of 16. He has the number "82" on his kart :)

1st race: --> Nobody can catch him!!!

2nd race: --> Look at the minute 3:05, he seemed to be crying :eek:

What a great videos! :smoking:

Advertisement

#4602 chuffbiscuits

chuffbiscuits

• 250 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 17:45

Nice videos :up:

Seems almost prescient of future rivalries though. The kid beside Alonso on the grid wearing a yellow helmet and number 44, which was Hamilton's number in his early UK karting seasons. Spooky, eh? :p

#4603 prty

prty

• 5,218 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 18:11

Nice videos :up:

Seems almost prescient of future rivalries though. The kid beside Alonso on the grid wearing a yellow helmet and number 44, which was Hamilton's number in his early UK karting seasons. Spooky, eh? :p

And at 1:11 in the first video you can see a guy in what looks like the helmet that Hamilton used in Karting. I guess it's just another I-desperately-want-comparisons-with-Senna wannabe ;)

#4604 robefc

robefc

• 8,099 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 18:20

He doesnt live up to his expectations or yours? As far as mine are concerned, im totally satisfied. Some of the Fia decisions have totally gone against him wich could easely have fallen differently. A reprimand for silverstone, a warning at malaysia combined with more heavier penalties to other drivers and we be likely to have looked to a significantly different picture in the pointstable.

I hate typing on phone displays.

Warning at malaysia?

I think alonso has only had one mechanical DNF, when he was in 8th place, and fortunate SCs to reduce the effect of his 2 biggest errors (china and monaco) so you're moving all the what ifs in one direction to get that 'significantly different picture' imo.

Hard for me to imagine being an alonso or ferrari fan but I would have thought you'd be happy with his basic speed and driving prowess but disappointed with the number of mistakes given that consistency is (or was) alonso's self confessed hallmark.

#4605 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 18:31

F1 experts and pundits, including Bernie Ecclestone and Niki Lauda, have recently played down expectations that Alonso will be able to emulate the role formerly played at Ferrari by Michael Schumacher.

Domenicali disagrees: “Alonso reminds me very much of Schumacher. Since I’ve been with Ferrari, I have not seen a driver who has as strong a presence in Maranello, and follows all of our activities with the same conviction.”

http://www.yallaf1.c...on-after-monza/

#4606 OO7

OO7

• 9,379 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 21:10

I wouldn't call half a dozen mistakes 'few in number'. We've only had 13 GP's so far, that's 6 in 13 which is nearly half of all races. (admittedly, two of those mistakes occurred in the same race! so it's a bit unfair!)

1. Australia: Driver mistake off the line subsequently hit by Button in a racing incident. Driver error coupled with bad luck.

2 China jump start.

3. Monaco: FP3 crash subsequently couldn't qualify. Driver error.

4. Silverstone cutting the chicane (admittedly, this one is a fine line - but I remember a lot of people saying Hamilton's was a 'big mistake' when he cut the chicane in Magny Cours in 2008)

5. Chose the wrong set up in Spa (please, a driver sets his car up with his engineers and he opted for a 'wet setup' which put him down in 10th on the grid and so was more likely to get caught up in the type of accident he did)

6. Put the car into the wall in Spa.

This is not what we're used to from Alonso who has proved himself an incredibly consistent driver at other seasons. I used to think that he was the best driver on the grid but on this years showing doesn't support that any more. I'm sure he'll go on to prove me wrong and be faultless for the last 6 races and win the WDC. Kudos to him if he manages to pull it off but at the moment there is no doubt he is not performing like a 2XWDC.

I think Alonso also spun in Malaysia Q1.

BTW in Silverstone Alonso complained about Robert pushing him off track and this was his excuse for cutting through Club Corner and not relinquishing the position. What he accused Robert of doing, seems to be pretty much what he did to Liuzzi in Spa while exiting the Bus Stop chicane.

#4607 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 21:37

I think Alonso also spun in Malaysia Q1.

BTW in Silverstone Alonso complained about Robert pushing him off track and this was his excuse for cutting through Club Corner and not relinquishing the position. What he accused Robert of doing, seems to be pretty much what he did to Liuzzi in Spa while exiting the Bus Stop chicane.

He did not complain, he stated what happened. There was no argument between him and Kubica.

Besides, the difference was that the way he did it with Liuzzi, at the exit of the corner, was never going to get the latter a penalty, so it's not similar at all to Alonso and Kubica in Silverstone.

#4608 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 11,951 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 22:09

This is not what we're used to from Alonso who has proved himself an incredibly consistent driver at other seasons.

Fernando was an incredibly consistent and fast driver in 2005 and 2006, his championship years.

I'm rewatching the 2008 FIA review now and I'm reminded how many mistakes Alonso made halfway that season, one race after another.

Monaco 2008: collected the barriers all by himself.
Canada 2008: spun off all by himself. Cost him a podium quite probably.
France 2008: runs wide and loses a place to Webber.
British GP 2008: struggling with his tyres, repeatedly urging for a safety car  ;) "It's impossible to drive!" Well, some guys did the job.
German GP 2008: overdriving his car, he got passed from behind trying to pass those in front.

At the end of the season he was pretty good again BTW - but unfortunately, we remember his 2008 season mostly from what happened in Singapore.....

#4609 as65p

as65p

• 17,794 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 23:42

Fernando was an incredibly consistent and fast driver in 2005 and 2006, his championship years.

I'm rewatching the 2008 FIA review now and I'm reminded how many mistakes Alonso made halfway that season, one race after another.

Monaco 2008: collected the barriers all by himself.
Canada 2008: spun off all by himself. Cost him a podium quite probably.
France 2008: runs wide and loses a place to Webber.
British GP 2008: struggling with his tyres, repeatedly urging for a safety car ;) "It's impossible to drive!" Well, some guys did the job.
German GP 2008: overdriving his car, he got passed from behind trying to pass those in front.

At the end of the season he was pretty good again BTW - but unfortunately, we remember his 2008 season mostly from what happened in Singapore.....

In fact the end of 2008 he did what most (including me) expected this season. After spending the first two thirds of the season overdriving, the errors vanished immediately when he was given a competitive car again in the last third of the season.

Yet as this season proves so far, a drivers life isn't as simple and predictable as that.

#4610 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,451 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 23:51

A very young Fernando Alonso in the European Karting Championship in Belgium at the age of 16. He has the number "82" on his kart :)

1st race: --> Nobody can catch him!!!

2nd race: --> Look at the minute 3:05, he seemed to be crying :eek:

What a great videos! :smoking:

'Only' European Championship in ICA. FSA and FA were the big boy classes back then :) To be fair Mike Wilson rates Alonso as the best karter he's ever worked with. Very talented driver!

#4611 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 00:19

He did not complain, he stated what happened. There was no argument between him and Kubica.

Besides, the difference was that the way he did it with Liuzzi, at the exit of the corner, was never going to get the latter a penalty, so it's not similar at all to Alonso and Kubica in Silverstone.

I think they would be very similar if Liuzzi had cut the chicane and managed to stay in-front of Alonso. If that had happened then Liuzzi should have given the position back, in the same way that Alonso should have given the position back at the British GP. By trying to justify why he didn't give the position back in Silverstone I think it's reasonably fair to claim that Alonso was using the 'pushing off' rhetoric as an excuse as to why he didn't give the position back. When frankly the 'push' was not abrupt enough to ever warrant Alonso gaining a position. And I think the fact he used that excuse was to some extent a complaint highlighting the fact that he didn't think he deserved a penalty.

#4612 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:37

It's amazing how because just 1 season that is not over, a driver loose all the respect (as a driver) so fast.

Alonso may be doing errors, however, counting and looking back to all those years previously to this one (that are a pretty decent amount) I'm confident that at least I know what Alonso has inside of him, his skills and what he can do.

I think that's in part why there are a lot of attacks against Alonso as a driver. He's solid and consistent, yet he's failing at that in these months. But still, before arriving to wrong conclusions, indeed I would take into account Alonso is a human and not a driver, and that his previous moments will probably come back.

So for the anti-alonso brigade: enjoy the moment ;)

#4613 simplyfast

simplyfast

• 867 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 01:55

Only in terms of the WDC. No, I'm not discounting the WDC as irrelevant I'm saying that if you want to take a look at the performance of a driver over the season you should look at how many errors they have made first, and then examine where they have had an effect. So the weighting comes afterwards.

Using your measure a missed braking point or apex not hit should also be included as an error.
But i see you dont consider them because the error (which they clearly are) cost no penalty.
hence penalty comes before error ( its only an error if it is clearly wrong and costs something even if that something is just time)

#4614 simplyfast

simplyfast

• 867 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:00

It's amazing how because just 1 season that is not over, a driver loose all the respect (as a driver) so fast.

Alonso may be doing errors, however, counting and looking back to all those years previously to this one (that are a pretty decent amount) I'm confident that at least I know what Alonso has inside of him, his skills and what he can do.

I think that's in part why there are a lot of attacks against Alonso as a driver. He's solid and consistent, yet he's failing at that in these months. But still, before arriving to wrong conclusions, indeed I would take into account Alonso is a human and not a driver, and that his previous moments will probably come back.

you are only as good as your last race
sorry you want to ignore his last how many races?
lets not forget how Renault have improved with out alonso :lol:

#4615 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:09

Yeah, probably Alonso was being counter-productive at Renault, forcing them to go backwards :drunk:

So yeah, let's not forget how Renault improved without Alonso.

About the other, what I said it's still standing: enjoy "your time" :)

#4616 OO7

OO7

• 9,379 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:34

Your correct that Alonso didn't complain but was explaining the situation from his point of view. The point I was trying to make however, is that Fernando felt justified in cutting Club because he thought he was wrongly pushed off the circuit by Robert, yet he did the exact same thing to Liuzzi exiting the Bus Stop chicane. It should also be noted that Liuzzi fairly gave Alonso racing room on entry, while he could have shoved Alonso off circuit if he had so felt.

Edited by Obi Offiah, 08 September 2010 - 09:18.

#4617 Man of the race

Man of the race

• 1,277 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:23

F1 experts and pundits, including Bernie Ecclestone and Niki Lauda, have recently played down expectations that Alonso will be able to emulate the role formerly played at Ferrari by Michael Schumacher.

Domenicali disagrees: “Alonso reminds me very much of Schumacher. Since I’ve been with Ferrari, I have not seen a driver who has as strong a presence in Maranello, and follows all of our activities with the same conviction.”

http://www.yallaf1.c...on-after-monza/

And while in McLaren and Renault, he was declared to be just a driver without any involvement and input. In the court.

Edited by Man of the race, 08 September 2010 - 06:30.

#4618 Headspin

Headspin

• 278 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:59

I think most of the critisism for Alonso comes from his personality. For many people, he is just so hard to like, even repulsive. Always involved in controversies, whining and cheating (yeah I said it), plus he and his sponsor pushed a true class act out the sport, so it's easy for F1 fans to attacl him when times are rough.

#4619 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:31

Your correct that Alonso didn't complain but was explaining the situation from his point of view. The point I was trying to make however, is that Fernando felt justified in cutting Club because he thought he was wrongly pushed of the circuit by Robert, yet he did the exact same thing to Liuzzi exiting the Bus Stop chicane. It should also be noted that Liuzzi fairly gave Alonso racing room on entry, while he could have shoved Alonso off circuit if he had so felt.

Completely agree - I felt that Kubica's move on Alonso at Silverstone was wrong (meaning that Alonso should not have had to give the place back, IMO, and argued that strongly at the time) and I equally felt that Alonso's move on Liuzzi was just the same - pushing the guy on the outside, but alongside, off the circuit. I lost all sympathy with Alonso's complaints that his penalty was undeserved at Silverstone as a result.

Coincidentally, I re-read about the Singapore 09 GP at much the same time. Which reminded me that Webber was required to cede a position gained from Alonso with a circuit cut even though there was now another driver between them (I can't remember which) thus meaning that Webber had to give up two spots.

Basically both of Ferrari's defenses as to why they delayed ceding position took a hit:

1. Kubica pushed Alonso off - Alonso is perfectly willing to do the same to other competitors

2. by the time they got the call to give the place back Alonso had passed Algussuari - Alonso should know from experience this makes no difference.

Advertisement

#4620 prty

prty

• 5,218 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:35

Your correct that Alonso didn't complain but was explaining the situation from his point of view. The point I was trying to make however, is that Fernando felt justified in cutting Club because he thought he was wrongly pushed of the circuit by Robert, yet he did the exact same thing to Liuzzi exiting the Bus Stop chicane. It should also be noted that Liuzzi fairly gave Alonso racing room on entry, while he could have shoved Alonso off circuit if he had so felt.

Oh but if Kubica was not in fault according to race control and many here, why would Alonso give Liuzzi space? That would not be smart.

#4621 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,684 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:39

Completely agree - I felt that Kubica's move on Alonso at Silverstone was wrong (meaning that Alonso should not have had to give the place back, IMO, and argued that strongly at the time) and I equally felt that Alonso's move on Liuzzi was just the same - pushing the guy on the outside, but alongside, off the circuit. I lost all sympathy with Alonso's complaints that his penalty was undeserved at Silverstone as a result.

Coincidentally, I re-read about the Singapore 09 GP at much the same time. Which reminded me that Webber was required to cede a position gained from Alonso with a circuit cut even though there was now another driver between them (I can't remember which) thus meaning that Webber had to give up two spots.

Basically both of Ferrari's defenses as to why they delayed ceding position took a hit:

1. Kubica pushed Alonso off - Alonso is perfectly willing to do the same to other competitors

2. by the time they got the call to give the place back Alonso had passed Algussuari - Alonso should know from experience this makes no difference.

Not forgetting that Webber didn't cut the circuit, but actually went around the outside albeit off the circuit. He was deemed to have gained an advantage doing so, which made Kimi's Spa let off all the more gauling.

#4622 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:03

About Spa '09... there were some cars actually touching each other in front of Kimi, and Kimi used that as an excuse to go wide. It's very hard to prove that he is wrong about that. If the driver says he felt there was going to be a crash right in front of him and that he was avoiding that by going wide then how do you prove him wrong? I don't think you can. There are penalties handed out for drivers for causing 'avoidable collisions' and this favours Kimi regarding running wide at La Source '09.

I'm sure he was only waiting for a small excuse to do it - and he got it, and he was happy to get it, we can agree about this. But the point is I don't think he could be penalised for that given that there was indeed contact between other cars right in front of him when he decided to go wide. He has the perfect excuse "I was avoiding an accident and I only had a split-second to decide what to do so I went wide to be safe".

Edited by Anssi, 08 September 2010 - 12:08.

#4623 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:15

About Spa '09... there were some cars actually touching each other in front of Kimi, and Kimi used that as an excuse to go wide. It's very hard to prove that he is wrong about that. If the driver says he felt there was going to be a crash right in front of him and that he was avoiding that by going wide then how do you prove him wrong? I don't think you can. There are penalties handed out for drivers for causing 'avoidable collisions' and this favours Kimi regarding running wide at La Source '09.

I'm sure he was only waiting for a small excuse to do it - and he got it, and he was happy to get it, we can agree about this. But the point is I don't think he could be penalised for that given that there was indeed contact between other cars right in front of him when he decided to go wide. He has the perfect excuse "I was avoiding an accident and I only had a split-second to decide what to do so I went wide to be safe".

LOOL. I can't believe you're defending his move. If Kimi had wanted to go out to avoid a 'potential' accident', he could have at least stayed closer to the track instead of taking a perfect trajectory which would ensure that he'd have the fastest speed possible once he'd rejoin the track.

Kimi probably had a good intention in mind, but it was badly executed was 100% deserving of a penalty. Shame that the stewards have been caught napping on this one because we would have had a Force India win...

#4624 rko281

rko281

• 696 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:30

LOOL. I can't believe you're defending his move. If Kimi had wanted to go out to avoid a 'potential' accident', he could have at least stayed closer to the track instead of taking a perfect trajectory which would ensure that he'd have the fastest speed possible once he'd rejoin the track.

Kimi probably had a good intention in mind, but it was badly executed was 100% deserving of a penalty. Shame that the stewards have been caught napping on this one because we would have had a Force India win...

Do you know that in 09 and previous years this wasn't an illegal move (watch how many drivers used it), not to mention what Coulthard said that it's not easy to use that as there's no good grip. Anyway, I guess it's off-topic here, but this year, the drivers were indeed instructed not to use it.

#4625 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 13:01

'Only' European Championship in ICA. FSA and FA were the big boy classes back then :) To be fair Mike Wilson rates Alonso as the best karter he's ever worked with. Very talented driver!

:up:

I remember once Ayrton Senna said that Mike Wilson was the best driver in the world that he knew.

And while in McLaren and Renault, he was declared to be just a driver without any involvement and input. In the court.

For sure :blush:

"I accept everything they do. They are the judges," Alonso shrugged at Spanish television.

Where does Alonso complain about his penalty? :well:

#4626 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 13:02

At Bahrain, Australia, China, Spain, Canada, Germany and Hungary, Alonso did nice. Either podium or close to it. With a nice action and solid drives.

Then we have places like Monaco, where he did mistakes, yet he managed to recover quite nicely. And then we have Malaysia where he started the race with a broken Gearbox.

So, my point is there. I think are others who are ignoring facts, such as those given races, 2 world driver championships won by Alonso, or all the other years in not such nice cars. And it is not that he was bad in 2007.

:up:

#4627 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 13:20

"I accept everything they do. They are the judges," Alonso shrugged at Spanish television.

Where does Alonso complain about his penalty? :well:

"then came the incident with Kubica which further affected my race. I do not wish to comment on the Stewards' decision. The team acted correctly but the instruction to hand back the position arrived when I had already passed another driver"

His "I accept what they do" line as well was, IMO, implicit criticism. I think it is trying to convey the impression of "I think they were completely wrong but there's nothing I can do".

#4628 sionas

sionas

• 8 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 14:14

Welcome to the forum, Sionas!

2. is possible, although Fernando still shows excellent races. What surprises me is the mistake rate that started in 2008. We all thought back then that he was overdriving the Renault. Now at Ferrari the whole thing continues. At 2007 at McLaren he was spotless bar one mistake, but the year seems to have really left its marks psychologically.

"He's a very talented driver. I think he has surprised us by his calmness, considering he is from Spain."
Ron Dennis - McLaren team principal, on Fernando Alonso.

This quote does not seem to be entirely true anymore nowadays. What a pity, I still like him the most of today´s drivers.

I agree with you 100%. He still shows excellent races, but there are seconds that he feels racing is a job now. It takes a split second to make a mistake in F1. As a person, i think he is one of the smartest athlets not only racing drivers. Even though English is not his native language, he picks his words very carefully. If someone follows his career, he can tell when he speaks from him mind and when he is using team talk (a lot of it this year ohhh well Ferrari). I hope he finds the fire again.

#4629 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 15:19

"then came the incident with Kubica which further affected my race. I do not wish to comment on the Stewards' decision. The team acted correctly but the instruction to hand back the position arrived when I had already passed another driver"

His "I accept what they do" line as well was, IMO, implicit criticism. I think it is trying to convey the impression of "I think they were completely wrong but there's nothing I can do".

I thought "complaining" and "implicit criticism" had a different color.

#4630 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 15:23

I thought "complaining" and "implicit criticism" had a different color.

Fair enough if I laid it on a bit thick. It's easy to conflate Alonso's statements with those of Ferrari in recollection. My mistake, sorry.

Still, I think the point still stands although I'd tone it down to Alonso being unhappy about his penalty rather than complaining.

#4631 TigersWood

TigersWood

• 132 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 18:22

Fernando has made a bunch of mistakes this season, but he has been severely punished by the stewars as well.

I would like to know what would have happened if is was Alonso the one who overtook the safety and the medical car, or the one who made five direction changes in front of

If Hamilton had been punished for those, the championship would be closer and Alonso wouldn't be that bad driver.

May I remind you that Marc Gene told TV in Silverstone that the drive-through to Alonso was the hardest penalty he had ever seen. Period.

#4632 mlsnoopy

mlsnoopy

• 2,356 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 18:29

Fernando has made a bunch of mistakes this season, but he has been severely punished by the stewars as well.

I would like to know what would have happened if is was Alonso the one who overtook the safety and the medical car, or the one who made five direction changes in front of

If Hamilton had been punished for those, the championship would be closer and Alonso wouldn't be that bad driver.

May I remind you that Marc Gene told TV in Silverstone that the drive-through to Alonso was the hardest penalty he had ever seen. Period.

So you are saying that Alonso should not be penalized for jump starting or overtaking by cutting a chicane. Got it.

Edited by mlsnoopy, 08 September 2010 - 18:29.

#4633 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 18:36

Posted Image

#4634 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 18:44

#4635 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,121 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:53

I think most of the critisism for Alonso comes from his personality. For many people, he is just so hard to like, even repulsive. Always involved in controversies, whining and cheating (yeah I said it), plus he and his sponsor pushed a true class act out the sport, so it's easy for F1 fans to attacl him when times are rough.

That's why he has so many fans, no? As far as I know only Shumi has/had more fans. I don't like him cuz I think he's the kind of guy that will be nice to you (maybe too nice) but in the end turn the table. He is a controversial figure and some will do everything to attack and block him, can't deny that.

#4636 Smile17

Smile17

• 1,121 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:58

Fernando has made a bunch of mistakes this season, but he has been severely punished by the stewars as well. FACT

I would like to know what would have happened if is was Alonso the one who overtook the safety and the medical car, or the one who made five direction changes in front of He would have been punished big time

If Hamilton had been punished for those, the championship would be closer and Alonso wouldn't be that bad driver. That speaks for itself

May I remind you that Marc Gene told TV in Silverstone that the drive-through to Alonso was the hardest penalty he had ever seen. Period. FACT

I see a lot of stupid and childish comments regarding this post.

#4637 prabha71

prabha71

• 152 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:15

I see a lot of stupid and childish comments regarding this post.

Yours seem to have started them... :lol:

#4638 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 15:40

Asked whether he agrees that he’s “made many mistakes” this year he says, “Yes. In the past I made maybe 2 or 3 mistakes a season, but in Ferrari everything you do is more scrutinised and mistakes count double, they show up more. Which one bothers me most? Monaco, the one in practice. We had the car to win the race, the place is special, Ferrari had been wanting a win there for many years, we were counting on it.”

The championship isn’t closed and I’m still in the hunt. I’m not giving up. I always do calculations, work out average points scores. The championship plan I had at the start of the year, however, has gone out of the window.”

http://www.jamesalle...ive-made-a-few/

Edited by F.M., 09 September 2010 - 15:41.

#4639 kosmos

kosmos

• 7,410 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 15:57

Alonso didn't denied his mistakes in recent years, no big surprise there.

Advertisement

#4640 syph0nJZ05

syph0nJZ05

• 2,602 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:09

Firstly Hamilton was reprimanded for both the incidents you mention and with regards to the Valencia incident he was given a drive through penalty. Secondly the reason Alonso is where he is in the championship is not because there is some conspiracy whereby the stewards are trying to overly punish Alonso. It is simply because of the many mistakes that he has made. On top of that he is getting full support from the team, who even publicly hampered Massa's race in Germany to gift Alonso more points. In the end it comes down to the fact that Alonso hasn't maximized the opportunities that he has been given this season. By that I'm not saying that he should be leading the championship, but could realistically be within a win of the top.

And trust me Hamilton has more than his fair share of bad luck this season. The championship is still tight with the two drivers that actually deserve the most to still be right in contention for the WDC.

#4641 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:11

Alonso didn't denied his mistakes in recent years, no big surprise there.

some of his fans do ;)

#4642 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:13

So what? Gene is so full of crap it's not even funny ... He did say, on spanish TV again, that Alonso was running a wet setup in Spa did he not?

#4643 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:15

Good interview. I admire him for standing up and admitting his mistakes. It's interesting to read that he considers that his biggest mistake was in Monaco... He looked very dominant till his crash!

I hope he keeps his cool this weekend (and the rest of the year) and can make Tifosi happy.

Edited by AlanWake, 09 September 2010 - 16:19.

#4644 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:18

Tifosis

Tifoso (singular) -> Tifosi (plural) ... you don't need an s

#4645 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:18

So who says he never admits his mistakes?

#4646 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:19

Tifoso (singular) -> Tifosi (plural) ... you don't need an s

Ok, thanks :up:

#4647 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:19

So what? Gene is so full of crap it's not even funny ... He did say, on spanish TV again, that Alonso was running a wet setup in Spa did he not?

Was he also the source for the supposed "3 seconds" agreement between Alonso and Massa that resulted in Massa moving over in Hockenheim?

#4648 prty

prty

• 5,218 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:32

I think someone smells of crap here but it isn't Gene. Alonso WAS on a wet setup, as he himself admitted:

#4649 Headspin

Headspin

• 278 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:36

So who says he never admits his mistakes?

Oh please, when everybody and their mom knows that he has made huge number of mistakes this season, so when asked about it and he doesn't try to deny it, he's a fricking saint? Well, technically he admit's 4-6 mistakes this season (past season 2-3, now double) so I think there's few that he didn't admit...

#4650 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:50

Oh please, when everybody and their mom knows that he has made huge number of mistakes this season, so when asked about it and he doesn't try to deny it, he's a fricking saint? Well, technically he admit's 4-6 mistakes this season (past season 2-3, now double) so I think there's few that he didn't admit...

What I wanted to say is that there were some people that said he NEVER can admit his mitakes and is blaming everyone except himself, which IS wrong if you read that article from James Allen.

No, I don't think he is saint, but he isn't a devil either. "That devil" that some of his haters and British Media try to make us believe that he is everyday :)

Edited by AlanWake, 09 September 2010 - 16:53.