Posted 25 September 2010 - 19:56

The emotion in his voice is undeniable.

Is it his voice or the broadcasters sound wobbles

Advertisement

#4902 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:08

If you are a native spanish (from spain) speaker, you know his voice and tone are from an emotional moment. I noticed that too when he spoke and here everyone from spain said the same, so yes...

#4903 bond

bond

• 2,554 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:10

If you are a native spanish (from spain) speaker, you know his voice and tone are from an emotional moment. I noticed that too when he spoke and here everyone from spain said the same, so yes...

What i wonder is why the emotion since he's not saying nothing so special that would trigger an emotional state...
Also is face is the same, when saying this so emotional one would see a change in his face but that didn't happen...
Strange...

#4904 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,686 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:17

Good result for Alonso there. I think he needs this, and he needs to win and bring himself back into the game because his engine issues are going to make things very hard for him. If he does win this championship, it's a very big if and it will be a mighty impressive result come the end of the season.

#4905 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:23

Excellent lap from Alonso. Now 2nd favourite for the championship.

I´d say even first favourite. At least I hope so. Funny, that come Singapore two Briatore drivers are in a strong position for winning the WDC...

#4906 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:26

Indeed :cool:

bwin.com

Mark Webber (AUS/Red Bull) 3.20

Fernando Alonso (ESP/Ferrari) 3.30

Lewis Hamilton (GBR/McLaren) 4.50

Sebastian Vettel (GER/Red Bull) 4.75

Jenson Button (GBR/McLaren) 15.00

Very interesting rates....Alonso is the star of the past four races and counting.

#4907 Gene and Tonic

Gene and Tonic

• 555 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:27

There was something inevitable about Alonso's pole lap today - he seems to be coming back into the form of old.

#4908 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,038 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:34

There was something inevitable about Alonso's pole lap today - he seems to be coming back into the form of old.

Exactly - his is doing now what we have expected from him all along since the second race of the season. So obviously he has finally settled into Ferrari, and maybe Hockenheim was an important psychological prove to Fernando that the team really stick to him - as we know he can be a primadonna and now that he is sure of the team´s loyalty (Ferrari took quite some stick for the Hockenheim strategy) he starts to come into his own.

Remember his whining in 2006 when he thought Renault were favouring Fisichella.

Also, in some way it reminds me of Mika Hakkinen. After Jerez 1997 and Melbourne 1998, when he was both times the chosen son of McLaren to the detriment of Coulthard, he started the strongest period of his career and never looked back. We might see a similar dynamics with Fernando and Ferrari.

#4909 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:38

@redbullf1spy (twitter): Seb stars P2 and Mark P5 in tomorrow's race. Pole? Er... Massa's team-mate.

Lol, RedBull doesn't even want to say his name? are they fearing him? :rotfl:

Edited by Massacrator, 25 September 2010 - 21:38.

#4910 sosidge

sosidge

• 1,644 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:59

Exactly - his is doing now what we have expected from him all along since the second race of the season. So obviously he has finally settled into Ferrari, and maybe Hockenheim was an important psychological prove to Fernando that the team really stick to him - as we know he can be a primadonna and now that he is sure of the team´s loyalty (Ferrari took quite some stick for the Hockenheim strategy) he starts to come into his own.

Remember his whining in 2006 when he thought Renault were favouring Fisichella.

Also, in some way it reminds me of Mika Hakkinen. After Jerez 1997 and Melbourne 1998, when he was both times the chosen son of McLaren to the detriment of Coulthard, he started the strongest period of his career and never looked back. We might see a similar dynamics with Fernando and Ferrari.

Good analogy. I was always surprised by how dramatically that hand-me-down win changed Hakkinen's career.

Alonso's one weakness (at least as far as his teammates are concerned) is the need to be number 1 in the team. If the team and teammate can accept that, then the results come.

He is on a fine run of form right now, the new FIA tests look to have brought the Red Bulls a little closer, and McLaren are not on the same level. I certainly expect him to finish the season with a smaller deficit to both Hamilton and Webber - to pass them is quite a target. If anyone of the chaisng three can do it - he can. Alonso in the zone is the best championship driver in F1.

#4911 DontPanic

DontPanic

• 150 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 22:00

@redbullf1spy (twitter): Seb stars P2 and Mark P5 in tomorrow's race. Pole? Er... Massa's team-mate.

Lol, RedBull doesn't even want to say his name? are they fearing him? :rotfl:

Red Bull and McLaren have both openly said they fear Fernando as the main opposition. Ferrari seem to be as good as Red Bull on RB tracks, and as good as McLaren on Macca tracks, consistently good everywhere, plus he doesn't have a team mate to fear.

The only thing IMHO that will stop FA taking a 3rd WDC is the Ferrari engine situation. Lets hope that the Ferrari engine can hold up.

I have a 20 quid bet with a coleague, where we each choose 2 people for the title. I have Fernando and Webber, he has Lewis and Jenson. Lets say, I am happy with my choices.

#4912 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 23:04

how about ramming other drivers and generally thinking you're above the rules? I would say that's far worse than what Alonso did.

Not the same in the slightest, I'm no Schumi fan but that was all done in the heat of battle - this just made no sense whatsoever..........

Anyhoo, stellar lap from Alonso in quali, it was Vettel's for the taking and he blew it, Alonso really hooked it up on that first lap so had it nailed straight away. If he can convert this into another win, he'll definitely have the momentum to go for the title despite being a bit behind - Hamilton and Webber seem to be faltering as the title gets within reach, but will be nice to see a decent battle on track tomorrow and not a procession.

#4913 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,503 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:40

Fantastic today. Alonso really hooked it up. I was impressed in Q2 when he was called in to box, he responded that he is going to set a laptime, then the pit guy agreed. Leadership there. Fernando has his demons sometimes, but when he's on his game, he is an irrisistable force. :up: Awesome performance putting a slower car on pole.

#4914 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,030 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:15

Nandoooo !!! :up: :up: :up:

#4915 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,771 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:32

he responded that he is going to set a laptime, then the pit guy agreed. Leadership there.

Yeah, it was really strange that they didn't told him to set a lap in the first place but Fernando is not the kind of driver that need to be told how to drive or how to handle some things. Best luck for today, he deserve it and let's hope for a clean start.

#4916 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,503 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:48

Yeah, it was really strange that they didn't told him to set a lap in the first place but Fernando is not the kind of driver that need to be told how to drive or how to handle some things. Best luck for today, he deserve it and let's hope for a clean start.

Yeah. It's the mark of a champion.

#4917 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:53

Great performance by Fernando in quali. That lap looked perfect to me.

#4918 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:55

Agreed. His composure was very impressive yesterday.... that quality has deserted at some points this season, which is a pity as it is one of his biggest strenghts.

#4919 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:59

Red Bull and McLaren have both openly said they fear Fernando as the main opposition. Ferrari seem to be as good as Red Bull on RB tracks, and as good as McLaren on Macca tracks, consistently good everywhere, plus he doesn't have a team mate to fear.

The only thing IMHO that will stop FA taking a 3rd WDC is the Ferrari engine situation. Lets hope that the Ferrari engine can hold up.

I have a 20 quid bet with a coleague, where we each choose 2 people for the title. I have Fernando and Webber, he has Lewis and Jenson. Lets say, I am happy with my choices.

I dont know if its the only thing but this is what expect ... the is just too big a risk of this for FA between now and the end of the season to be confident of his chances.

Advertisement

#4920 pikamoku

pikamoku

• 328 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:01

he says in the youtube link from post qualy the same he said in english. Nothing special.

- conservative approach to qualy due Felípe's problem
- little bit suprised for been on pole

to me he seemed satisfied, relaxed and tired. Not "emotional".

Good job Fernando !! :clap:

#4921 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 8,936 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:12

I dont know if its the only thing but this is what expect ... the is just too big a risk of this for FA between now and the end of the season to be confident of his chances.

If he gets through this race without any engine issues then I don't see the engine situation being a concern. He will then have his 7th and 8th engines to do 4 races (2 each). Quite manageable I think...

#4922 Craven Morehead

Craven Morehead

• 4,503 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:18

Agreed. His composure was very impressive yesterday.... that quality has deserted at some points this season, which is a pity as it is one of his biggest strenghts.

Totally agree with this statement. The Alonso we saw at Monza and again in quali for Singapore is the one who took the fight to Michael Schumacher so effectively. I think we might be seeing him putting together a viable title charge here. I think some of that might have to do with the fact that the car is finally quick enough that he doesn't have to throw it around by the scruff of the neck. He can be fantastically tough, mentally. It'd be fun to see him pull it out of the bag right at the end.. One things for sure, it's gonna be a hell of a showdown for the wdc in 2010. :up:

#4923 bond

bond

• 2,554 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:45

Alonsos face turns red after Vettel crashgate joke

"The further up you are the more it helps but obviously the race can still change a couple of things. I think Fernando started here from 15th on the grid two years ago and won the race," said the 23-year-old German.
He smiled as he paused; the reporters laughing as they realised Vettel was referring to the famous 2008 race, when Nelson Piquet crashed deliberately to trigger an opportune safety car period for his Spanish teammate. "Alonso's face matched the hue of his Ferrari overalls," wrote David Tremayne in The Independent.

http://www.f1complet...-crashgate-joke

Well, now we know why he was so emotional... :p

#4924 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:15

Probably one of the most impressive and dominant wins by Alonso!!!! Under pressure from lap one to lap 61 but he didnt blink!! Truly the best driver out there

#4925 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,519 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:22

Great drive by Alonso.

#4926 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,771 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:43

2 wins, 2 poles and 2 fastest lap in 2 races, 100 % effectivity. Someone hurry, post the terminator-Alonso pic.

#4927 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,751 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:45

Probably one of the most impressive and dominant wins by Alonso!!!! Under pressure from lap one to lap 61 but he didnt blink!! Truly the best driver out there

:up:
Well said.

#4928 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,030 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:45

Nandoooo !!! :up: :up: :up:

Nandoooo !!! :up: :up: :up::up::up:

#4929 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:54

Fantastic win by Ferrari and Fernando :) :up:

#4930 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 2,140 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 14:57

That was indeed a great drive, as JackTorrance said; constant threat and pressure from Vettel.

This was also the first time Alonso had a 'perfect weekend'; pole position, fastest lap, win and lead throughout - joining a group of now 21 drivers who have done so; Jim Clark did it eight times, Alberto Ascari five times, and Michael Schumacher also managed to get five of those 'perfect weekends'. The last time this happened was with Michael Schumacher in Hungary in 2004. :up:

Edited by Nonesuch, 26 September 2010 - 15:02.

#4931 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 15:08

The closer the title fight gets, the closer Alosnos gets to his best performance. If the Ferrari engines hold, he will be a strong contender for the title.

#4932 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,494 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 15:08

A grand Chelem, in what was arguably not the fastest car, in one of the most difficult circuits, deserves congratulations. Great drive by Alonso.

#4933 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 15:17

Perfect, vintage Alonso. Vettel's RBR was faster yesterday and today. Alonso made the difference.

#4934 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,619 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 15:19

Great performance this weekend by Fernando. He looks like the strongest contender at the moment - but this keeps changing from race to race :)

#4935 zeph

zeph

• 765 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 15:21

Go Alonso! I am waiting for the bashers to say he had help from ...... this time (take your pick, fill in the blanks).

#4936 jjcale

jjcale

• 7,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 15:23

Good racing by FA today... they should send this as an instructional video to the Redbull drivers to teach the what to do when you have a good enough car.

#4937 Jackmancer

Jackmancer

• 2,811 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 15:40

As a Ferrari fan it was pretty nerve-wrecking, specially the last laps, but Alonso made my day :p Woohoo :up:

#4938 lexmeister2

lexmeister2

• 206 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 15:43

Very dirty move from Alonso on Vettel at the start but don't want to take anything away from him as that was a stunning drive, under pressure from the start but had him covered the whole time.

If Alonso continues like this he's going to be tough to beat........

#4939 El_Capitn

El_Capitn

• 564 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 16:04

Alonso is getting surprisingly better and this stage of the season.

One thing too: If he's # 2, it's not because Massa's helping in taking points away from the competition.

Advertisement

#4940 JPW

JPW

• 3,335 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 16:12

Good racing by FA today... they should send this as an instructional video to the Redbull drivers to teach the what to do when you have a good enough car.

Thing is one of their drivers isn't on par with Fernando talent-wise and the other one hasn't got the experience.
Anyway another vintage Alonso weekend making the best of things without the slightest mistake. :up:

#4941 RobH

RobH

• 207 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 16:16

Brilliant drive from FA today. For much of the season he hasn't been good enough, but the last two races he's back to his old best. Congrats. The Championship has jsut got a bit more interesting for the neautral out there :)

#4942 CrashPad

CrashPad

• 242 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 16:20

Fernando is not the kind of driver that need to be told how to drive or how to handle some things.

Yeah. It's the mark of a champion.

On the side note, I always felt that this is the detail that ultimately keeps Massa from being a real top gun and yes, a champion. (which admittedly seems like a retarded thing to say considering that Massa was inches away from becoming one in -08 but oh well.)

#4943 Pato

Pato

• 179 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 17:23

Great drive by him, but he's still a complete arsehole

#4944 kosmos

kosmos

• 6,771 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 18:10

Posted Image :up:

#4945 beanoid

beanoid

• 5,247 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 19:11

Haven't been around here for a while, but . . .

FERNANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

If he pulls this out this year, I'll croak. In a happy way, of course.

#4946 HappySachs

HappySachs

• 125 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 19:28

Fantastic drive, always felt the Redbulls were fraction quicker but the deciding difference was Fernando, that's the driver I want to see. He's had a patchy season so far but I'm really hoping he keeps this form until the end of the season. :up: :up:

#4947 Massacrator

Massacrator

• 1,361 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 20:32

Today they didn't choose to put team radio for Alonso after winning...

Guess they didn't like him winning again? :)

#4948 Pep

Pep

• 1,043 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 20:36

Today they didn't choose to put team radio for Alonso after winning...

Guess they didn't like him winning again? :)

It's frustrating!! I think it's because Alonso uses italian to talk with his team after the race finishes. But it doesn't matter, let us listen to the celebrations in italian!!

#4949 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 20:39

It's frustrating!! I think it's because Alonso uses italian to talk with his team after the race finishes. But it doesn't matter, let us listen to the celebrations in italian!!

Indeed!

#4950 AlanWake

AlanWake

• 1,610 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 20:40

Posted Image :up:

Felipe is there too  ;)