Photo

Getting to Monza on the Thursday

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:58

I've bought a 3 day race ticket for Monza and I plan to go over on the Wednesday this year and spend more time at the track than last year. I want to get out to the track on the Thursday however from what I know, the free shuttle bus from Monza station only runs Fri, Sat and Sunday.

Does anyone know how to get to Monza on the Thursday? I'm guessing you could maybe take some sort of public bus but I've no idea which one, or where to get off.

Thanks.

Advertisement

#2 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 19:54

I've bought a 3 day race ticket for Monza and I plan to go over on the Wednesday this year and spend more time at the track than last year. I want to get out to the track on the Thursday however from what I know, the free shuttle bus from Monza station only runs Fri, Sat and Sunday.

Does anyone know how to get to Monza on the Thursday? I'm guessing you could maybe take some sort of public bus but I've no idea which one, or where to get off.

Thanks.

There's a service bus which picks up from Monza train station and which drops you on the main road by Porta Vedano or Porta S. Maria delle Selve. Come out of the station and go up the steps opposite to Corso Milano. If you googlemap 'Monza train station' you'll find it.

NB You can't buy bus tickets on the bus, you buy them from shops, cafes, bars etc. The little shop inside Monza train station sells bus tickets.

Bus numbers & info here (2009 edition but it's always the same). Scroll down to 'In Autobus'

If you're not sure where the bus stop is at Monza station, just ask a fan - *clue* he may be in red :p

#3 Aviator

Aviator

• 70 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:37

As F1Annie says. But if you can and want to, you can walk that distance from the station to the track.

Google Maps-->Get Directions
At "A" copy/paste this: Via Caduti del Lavoro, 252 Monza Monza e Brianza, Italy
At "B" copy/paste this: Via Enzo Ferrari 20057 Vedano al Lambro Monza e Brianza, Italy
Select "Walking" and get your route. It is about 1 hour. I will do it this way through the whole weekend

Edited by Aviator, 31 March 2010 - 11:40.

#4 pabloeldiablo

pabloeldiablo

• 23 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 15:02

Cheers for the replies.

I walked from where the Black Line shuttle bus dropped us on the Friday and it was about 30 mins from there into the actual track. That's why i thought walking from Monza station would take much much longer.