Porsche 917 LH psychedelic blue colour

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dqc04

dqc04

• 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:19

hello everyboby
i am looking for the automotive paint reference blue / violet used on porshe 917 LH "psychadelic" #3 le mans 1970 , g.larousse
thanks in advance

Advertisement

#2 Kitkent

Kitkent

• 88 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:16

hello everyboby
i am looking for the automotive paint reference blue / violet used on porshe 917 LH "psychadelic" #3 le mans 1970 , g.larousse
thanks in advance

Posted Image
Hello there,here is a postcard of this car I got at Le Mans. Please also view my 1/43 model on this board under the topic Completed models,not F1,see what you think. The colour I used is a Renault colour Blue 421 from a Renault spraycan purchased in the late 80's! There is a paint colour chip given with the instructions for this model,I can send to you if you want.

#3 dqc04

dqc04

• 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 18:58

Posted Image
Hello there,here is a postcard of this car I got at Le Mans. Please also view my 1/43 model on this board under the topic Completed models,not F1,see what you think. The colour I used is a Renault colour Blue 421 from a Renault spraycan purchased in the late 80's! There is a paint colour chip given with the instructions for this model,I can send to you if you want.

Many thanks , i will found the référence or équivalence with auto paint supplier

#4 HeskethBoy

HeskethBoy

• 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 23:08

When the "Hippie" car first appeared at Le Mans, it was only white.
The next colour added was the violet/blue - with the green going on last.
The car practised in differing degrees of paint scheme development over the event duration.

Bobby Rahal ran a 917 Kurz at Watkins Glen in the same colour scheme - Revell made a pre-painted metal kit of this car.

#5 mscheeres

mscheeres

• 72 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 17:17

Funnily enough this car has two nicknames; Psycho and Hippie.

I believe Psycho is the nickname used in German language, and Hippie in English, but I may be wrong.

I have a 1:43 model - fascinating car!