Photo

Historic F1 fan? Get to Mallory Park every Wednesday morning!

• Please log in to reply
2932 replies to this topic

#651 thebullet

thebullet

• 374 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 20:48

Not a bad turn out, I have plenty of photos that I will post once I have managed to sort them out.

Out was a pair of fantastic sounding Lolas that did a 30 minute session and left both driven by the same driver half a session each.
A pair of Abarths, a lister, a couple of zcar minis, caterham, formula fords a nice mini and a few other bits a bobs.

Can't remember them all now but I will post my photos once I get them sorted.

Thanks,

Matthew.

Advertisement

#652 Gatmo

Gatmo

• 270 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 21:38

Can't even ask Gatmo as he's on holiday (providing he didn't reverse his caravan into the lake like last year!) Wasn't supposed to mention that............. :blush:

Bang goes Giraffe's paddock access on a Wednesday............................. :lol:

#653 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 6,991 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:07

Out was a pair of fantastic sounding Lolas that did a 30 minute session and left both driven by the same driver half a session each.

I'm guessing that was Simon Hadfield in Nick Linney's & Leo Voyazides' respective Lola T70Mk3Bs, as they are both out at Silverstone this weekend.

No Cyrilmac? He must be browned off............ :rotfl:

Well Done Matthew! Get those pics posted and your on the team! :wave:

#654 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,289 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:15

Well done Matthew........did anyone direct you to the TNF suite?? :)

PAR

#655 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:05

I'm guessing that was Simon Hadfield in Nick Linney's & Leo Voyazides' respective Lola T70Mk3Bs, as they are both out at Silverstone this weekend.

No Cyrilmac? He must be browned off............ :rotfl:

Well Done Matthew! Get those pics posted and your on the team! :wave:

Welcome Matthew ! An unsolicited Doctors appointment upset my routine yesterday !!! No consideration some people.
ImageShack have offered a explanation and a cure so a little later I 'll post a (hopefully) RED car pic. Giraffe ,could you or somebody who has a minute to spare tell me approx. when the colours changed ? :wave:

#656 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 6,991 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:28

Mid-May is when you got your sponsorship from Cadburys, Cyril. :) When you graduated from thumbnails. :wave: l

#657 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:32

Mid-May is when you got your sponsorship from Cadburys, Cyril. :) When you graduated from thumbnails. :wave: l

Thanks Tony . Best you pack your Wellies by the look of things !! Photo coming in a mo'.

#658 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:43

Fingers crossed !!
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#659 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 13:08

Fingers crossed !!
Posted Image

Well - is that a bright red Cobra, or a tomato-soupie, slightly brownish-red Cobra?

Advertisement

#660 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 13:12

Well - is that a bright red Cobra, or a tomato-soupie, slightly brownish-red Cobra?

That ,Tony, is the question ?
How does it look on your display ? Better than before or just the same ?
:)
Attached @14.20

Cyril,

It looks like some browsers are not reading the color profile correctly on your image. Please convert the image to RGB profile instead. You can download Google Chrome browser and it will display the colors correctly. We have converted the profile on your image to rgb and uploaded to Imageshack. Here is the result

http://a.imageshack..../2010071454.jpg

Sincerely,
Mikhail | ImageShack - Support

Edited by cyrilmac, 22 July 2010 - 13:22.

#661 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,054 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 13:40

Warning: off topic!

I think it has also something to do with the screen. I posted this shot in the 'Details Only' thread

'70 Plymouth Cuda 440 Magnum
Posted Image

This shot looks lime green like it should on my pc screen and it's something like yellow on my laptop.
What colour do you see?

#662 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 13:40

Cyril,

Not nearly as gloriously red as Giraffe's version in post #616, but better! I hadn't realised that the same car had been posted before, which is why I queried it's actual colour, Cyril. Having seen it in RED, yours is still a bit BROWN. Very strange.

#663 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 13:49

Warning: off topic!

I think it has also something to do with the screen. I posted this shot in the 'Details Only' thread

This shot looks lime green like it should on my pc screen and it's something like yellow on my laptop.
What colour do you see?

:up:
Herein lies the problem !!
The colours in your photo show perfectly correctly on MY display.
Perhaps ,as suggested by ImageShack support , it is down to everybody else's browser and display !
:wave:

#664 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 13:56

Not nearly as gloriously red as Giraffe's version in post #616, but better! I hadn't realised that the same car had been posted before, which is why I queried it's actual colour, Cyril. Having seen it in RED, yours is still a bit BROWN. Very strange.

Indeed strange.I've edited my last post to include the reply from ImageShack to my question about colour casts.
Think that Ted Walkers comment that 'B+W rules' may be the way forward for cars of this age! :lol:
Thank you for your input Tony.

#665 thebullet

thebullet

• 374 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 15:58

Right, I went through my photos and found the 'decent' ones I was having an off day.

I took over 700 and grabbed a few out of them showing a few of the cars.

As there is so many I will post my flickr link. When I get the time to post them all on my website I will come back and post it for you all to see.

One photo shows what happened to a riders bike after what seemed his throttle jammed coming up to the hairpin, it was a dive off moment.

http://www.flickr.co...57624558406862/

Thanks
Matthew

#666 alansart

alansart

• 4,006 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:03

Attached @14.20

Cyril,

It looks like some browsers are not reading the color profile correctly on your image. Please convert the image to RGB profile instead. You can download Google Chrome browser and it will display the colors correctly. We have converted the profile on your image to rgb and uploaded to Imageshack. Here is the result

http://a.imageshack..../2010071454.jpg

Sincerely,
Mikhail | ImageShack - Support

Cyril,

The image you sent me last week is in RGB. In Photoshop I can check the monitor output and it does go a Cadbury brown (although it's ok when I view it on my Apple Mac). The colour profile of the image is ProPhoto RGB. Is there something in your photo editing software that allows you to change the profile to Monitor RGB?

#667 alansart

alansart

• 4,006 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:07

Right, I went through my photos and found the 'decent' ones I was having an off day.

I took over 700 and grabbed a few out of them showing a few of the cars.

As there is so many I will post my flickr link. When I get the time to post them all on my website I will come back and post it for you all to see.

One photo shows what happened to a riders bike after what seemed his throttle jammed coming up to the hairpin, it was a dive off moment.

http://www.flickr.co...57624558406862/

Thanks
Matthew

Nice pics.

The wing on the back of the mini obviously doesn't work http://www.flickr.co...57624558406862/

#668 thebullet

thebullet

• 374 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:12

Nice pics.

The wing on the back of the mini obviously doesn't work http://www.flickr.co...57624558406862/

Thanks!

It was the first lap out after a red flag, Mini with a motorbike engine and cold tyres don't go well haha.

#669 john aston

john aston

• 809 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:14

Guys- you could always try my way- leave the camera at home and use your eyes to feast on the live action rather than watching it through a camera. Never use mine for action stuff- just statics. But chacun a son gout as they say at Mallory...

#670 John Saunders

John Saunders

• 76 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:16

Thanks for posting your photos Matthew

Nothing wrong with your Red cars.

All very strange.

#671 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,568 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:59

What is the little blue car, JSC 577, please?
Roger Lund

PS try this as a cross check. Idiot proof.....I can use it.
http://www.postimage.org/

Edited by bradbury west, 22 July 2010 - 17:00.

#672 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 17:27

Cyril,

The image you sent me last week is in RGB. In Photoshop I can check the monitor output and it does go a Cadbury brown (although it's ok when I view it on my Apple Mac). The colour profile of the image is ProPhoto RGB. Is there something in your photo editing software that allows you to change the profile to Monitor RGB?

Hi Alan
The image that I sent to ImageShack at their request was just "quick processed" in Lightroom 1.4 with the same Prophoto RGB profile.Can't see a profile for Monitor RGB just the usual sRGB,Adobe 1998 and ProPhoto. I have CS2 and NX on here as well but haven't used either for these shots !! My sister in the USA has looked at ImageShack and see's Brown!!
However as with the shot I sent you, an e-mail is colour correct.
Looks like HP5 or TriX for me !!!
Happy days.
Apple Mac G5 PowerPC: Formac 1740 display is the hardware

Edited by cyrilmac, 22 July 2010 - 20:24.

#673 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 18:14

Looks like HP5 or TriX for me !!!

As long as you steer clear of sepia prints, or it'll be all brown again!

#674 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 18:16

As long as you steer clear of sepia prints, or it'll be all brown again!

Now that you mention it......... :)

#675 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:56

Do we think/know if there will be much about tomorrow given the weekends' excesses ?
Brown or otherwise !!

Edited by cyrilmac, 27 July 2010 - 18:57.

#676 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 6,991 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:12

Do we think/know if there will be much about tomorrow given the weekends' excesses ?
Brown or otherwise !!

Cyril, your on the dancefloor tomorrow morning. This time it's my turn to attend a long standing hospital appointment.

What I do know is that Hadfield & Co. are bringing the Nick Linney / Sid Taylor Lola T70MK3B exactly as it left Silverstone, i.e. with fuel starvation problems in order to attempt to re-create the issue and find a solution, if necessary. They will most probably take the opportunity to shake down cars for this coming weekend's HSCC meeting at Castle Coombe. That's a good start, if you ask me. :wave:

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2010-07-27

Said Lola at Silverstone.

Edited by Giraffe, 27 July 2010 - 19:14.

#677 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:20

Cyril, your on the dancefloor tomorrow morning. This time it's my turn to attend a long standing hospital appointment.

What I do know is that Hadfield & Co. are bringing the Nick Linney / Sid Taylor Lola T70MK3B exactly as it left Silverstone, i.e. with fuel starvation problems in order to attempt to re-create the issue and find a solution, if necessary. They will most probably take the opportunity to shake down cars for this coming weekend's HSCC meeting at Castle Coombe. That's a good start, if you ask me. :wave:

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2010-07-27

Said Lola at Silverstone.

Thanks Tony and good luck ! :wave: Lola T70 on HP5 should look a treat !!
Just out of interest on a previous post recently ( post 660) , at the height of "BrownGate", there is a shot that ImageShack themselves uploaded and I attached.How did that look ?

Edited by cyrilmac, 27 July 2010 - 19:23.

#678 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 6,991 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:30

Fingers crossed !!
Posted Image

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2010-07-14
Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2010-07-14

Hmmm, close but I'm not sure if you can get the Romeo & Juliet out of the humidor just yet???

#679 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:33

Thanks Tony . HP5 it is then.

Advertisement

#680 Gatmo

Gatmo

• 270 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 20:54

As of lunchtime today, only 15 booked in but that may well be different in the morning.......

#681 thebullet

thebullet

• 374 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 21:18

I'm not there tomorrow, I am heading there next wednesday! hoping for a big turn out. I will take my SLR and film camera for some tests :)

#682 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 14:31

Afternoon all . A quietish morning at Mallory fortunately only one red car !
Martin Stretton shook down a lovely Lotus,pronounced himself happy and went home.
Simon Hadfield arrived with a mornings work and just got on with it,notwithstanding an oil leak early on .
Rob Hall had his little Lotus out but appeared to be in difficulty for some reason,and went home.
I did ask for model numbers on the various Lotus ,but as a highly trained HGV driver,immediatly forgot everything I was told.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally - a Lotus of a different variety

Posted Image

Edited by cyrilmac, 28 July 2010 - 20:32.

#683 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:09

The Stretton Lotus looks like the 24 which belongs to David Coplowe and is, reputedly, the ex-Brabham '947' which went to Syd van der Vyver in South Africa and was badly damaged in a garage fire but the remains were salvaged and rebuilt. i think there is a thread about it on TNF.

Believe you're right Alan ,David Coplowe's name is just behind the cockpit.

#684 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,289 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 15:52

A morning well spent Cyril..... both on the photographic and ferreting front :up:

PAR

#685 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 16:41

A morning well spent Cyril..... both on the photographic and ferreting front :up:

PAR

Cheers Phil !

#686 alansart

alansart

• 4,006 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 17:06

Like the black & white Cyril.

Can you do sepia :drunk:

#687 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 17:09

Like the black & white Cyril.

Can you do sepia :drunk:

You would be suprised ( but not you personally Alan) what could be done !
Cyanotype anyone ?? :smoking:

#688 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 17:21

Cyanotype anyone ?? :smoking:

Selenium is nice...

#689 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 20:06

As a final offering from today and as an idea of what to expect or not on a wednesday at Mallory - the chap in the center in the works Suzuki leathers is Sylvan Guintoli the World Superbike rider,racing at Silverstone this weekend !

Posted Image

:up:

#690 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,609 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 20:50

Sylvain and his wife Caroline (plus kids) live nearby - she's a local girl.

#691 Gatmo

Gatmo

• 270 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 22:00

The bikes were doing some press bits and pieces for a magazine and we arranged for them to use a few sections of track in the lunchbreak for photos.
As i was putting the Edwina's chicane sponge barriers into position, Mr Guintoli pulled up and requested a quick photoshoot using the Hairpin, "No problem" i replied, he then looked down at the track and came out with the classic line:

"Who has been sheeeting on the track?"

"The Mallory geese, Sylvain, that's who....." i replied.

He found it highly amusing...... :lol:

#692 thebullet

thebullet

• 374 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:32

Anyone got any idea on how many for tomorrow or who is going? anything special out there?

Thanks

#693 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 6,991 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:05

I'm unavailable again this morning, but looking out of the window leads me to believe it will be the first wet Wednesday morning session of the summer. I don't know if you're bothering, Cyril? Hopefully normal service will be resumed next week.

#694 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,249 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:48

I know these aren't pictures of any historic F1 cars but I went to Mallory on the 24th July and camped to watch the racing on the 25th and it must have been over ten years since I last went and I was amazed at the work that had gone on - the place is immaculate and whilst the bar wasn't open on the Saturday night the rest of the facilites were pretty good, even the showers.
There has been a lot of work in increasing the earth bank sizes (is that why there is little noise restriction for F1 cars?) and does anyone know what the new lakes are for behind the Esses?

Just a few pictures for those who might not get to see Mallory, as I hadn't realised how much work has been done there:-

Posted Image

Shaw's Hairpin Posted Image

Down and through Devil's Elbow Posted Image
Posted Image

The Start/finish straight http://i95.photobuck.../P1010019-2.jpg

Gerard's Posted Image

Does anyone know more about Richard Moreton? Posted Image

Fantasy Island Posted Image

Stebbe Straight Posted Image

The Esses Posted Image

Back up to the hairpin Posted Image

The grid Posted Image

An old friend Posted Image

My tent on the waterfront!! Posted Image

#695 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:00

Fantasy Island Posted Image

Is that you having a quick dip in the distance, Gregor?

#696 Julian Roberts

Julian Roberts

• 731 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:06

Thank you very much for those images Gregor, they were of great interest to me as I'm a keen photographer and am planning to go for the VSCC meeting in a couple of weeks. Not having been to Mallory Park since the early 80's (what an admission !) I would say it looks to have improved greatly from a spectator/photographer point of view. I will probably leave my 400mm in the car !

#697 h4887

h4887

• 875 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:23

Selenium is nice...

My favourite element is praseodymium :up:

#698 alansart

alansart

• 4,006 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:26

Does anyone know more about Richard Moreton? Posted Image

He was a rider who died after an accident at Gerrards in 2005.

#699 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:42

I'm unavailable again this morning, but looking out of the window leads me to believe it will be the first wet Wednesday morning session of the summer. I don't know if you're bothering, Cyril? Hopefully normal service will be resumed next week.

Oh ye of little faith !!!!!!!!!!
Back in a mo'

Advertisement

#700 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:14

Well it did rain and some people went home early without turning a wheel notably Team Hadfield who looked to have brought an interesting selection.
Then the rain stopped .....

Posted Image

IT'S RED !!

Posted Image

This one is Blue !
The rest will be black and white !!!

As has been said many times - you just never know what you're going to get at Mallory

Posted Image

Edited by cyrilmac, 04 August 2010 - 13:02.