13 replies to this topic

#1 k21john

k21john

• 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:47

Hi guys

Pete Morris has just posted this on the CRMC Forum

"Hi All,
Just a update on Rob, after his big high side at Pembrey, he's being moved up to Barnsley District Hospital last night (Weds 7th) to ward 32 he is making a slow but marked improvement.

Cheers

Pete"

I know I speak for all of the CRMC Members and Fans of Motorcycle Racing in wishing Rob a speedy recovery.....

Thanks

John Mitchell

Advertisement

#2 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:48

Thanks , really good to hear.
Older bodies don't bounce so well, 2nd big one Rob has had in last 3 years, this sounds like it was really nasty.
Get well soon Rob. :up:

#3 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:37

Good to hear that Rob's on the mend. :up:

Get well soon Rob. :wave:

#4 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:59

Thanks for posting that John , get well soon Rob , look forward to seeing you around . :love: :wave:

#5 k21john

k21john

• 67 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 18:35

Hi All

Latest update on Rob from Pete Morris.....

Hi All,
Stuart, Rob's son has txt today with some really good news, in his words:
"Dad has woken up from the mother of all sleeps, JUST LIKE THAT !!"

He has more Questions than answers, he now knows where he is but he's still tired and remembers nothing of Pembrey (think I'll Tell him I won lol!!) But he's back fighting for glory again.

We are all "Chuffed" to bits (Family) and would like to thank everyone for all the kind words and Wishes..

I'm visiting tomorrow so I'll update again if I can add anything to this from Stuart

Regards

Pete

Sounds like good news indeed

John

#6 beerat

beerat

• 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 19:24

Fantastic news . Best wishes to you Rob ,Hope to see you in the paddock sometime this year :up:

Regards

Chris

#7 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 20:03

Fantastic news . Best wishes to you Rob ,Hope to see you in the paddock sometime this year :up:

Regards

Chris

Yep , i'll second that !!! takes a lot to keep a good 'un down !!!

#8 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 21:16

Yes, good news indeed, best wishes Rob! :up: :wave:

#9 LamboNZ

LamboNZ

• 1,390 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:06

:up: Good news indeed :up:

#10 k21john

k21john

• 67 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:32

Hi Folks

A bit more info on Rob via the CRMC Forum

Mark George quotes "I chatted to Rob's wife Janet earlier today and she wanted me to pass on her thanks on Rob's behalf for all the messages and good wishes from so many people.

Rob is now recovering at home, after transferring from Carmarthen hospital to Barnsley hospital last week - he still has a way to go but Janet says he is getting a little better each day. Poor Rob is recovering from a massive crash and dreadful smack to his head and it will be a while before he is back to his normal self. But he is a tough guy and if anyone can do it, he can.

I know his son Stuart and daughter Lucy have been a great help to Janet over the past week and it has been tough - but hopefully Rob will continue to improve and get better soon.

Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery Rob!"

and from Pete Morris

"Another update regards Rob being home, he discharged himself from Hospital late on Friday Night.

His memory is still not quite right, and he is struggling with day to day tasks.

Lets hope it's not too long before we see Rob return to his normal self...

Pete"

He's a tough old B............. but looks like he's slowly on the mend.... :clap:

Get well soon Mate! :wave:

John

#11 Rob H

Rob H

• 44 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:46

Hi everyone,
Just a few words to say a big thanks for all the kind wishes from everyone. Just to let you know i am feeling much better now and heading in the right direction. Just a bit of a slow process and I have to be patient but getting better all the time. Should hopefully get my driving licence back in a couple of months and then I can more back to normal ( they remove your driving licence for a period of six months following certain head injuries and I didnt realize just how much I depended on just being able to use the car at will.). Anyway thanks again
Rob

#12 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 13:00

Hi everyone,
Just a few words to say a big thanks for all the kind wishes from everyone. Just to let you know i am feeling much better now and heading in the right direction. Just a bit of a slow process and I have to be patient but getting better all the time. Should hopefully get my driving licence back in a couple of months and then I can more back to normal ( they remove your driving licence for a period of six months following certain head injuries and I didnt realize just how much I depended on just being able to use the car at will.). Anyway thanks again
Rob

Hi Rob :wave: That's great news :clap: Glad you are making good progress :up: :up: :up: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

David

#13 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 17:12

Hi everyone,
Rob

Hi , Rob , :love: , as our young ' Daisy ' says , that's great news , look forward to seeing you hopefully , at Donington :up: :wave:

#14 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 19:55

:wave: Good to hear from you Rob and glad you're on the mend :up:

Can't keep a good man down, eh? :p