Photo

HTP - International races

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Horsman

Peter Horsman

• 68 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:09

Does anyone know whether, for HTP purposes, the 1959 International Speed Week series of races in Nassau, and specifically the Governor's and Nassau Trophy races, are accepted by the FIA as international races such that cars competing therein would qualify for an HTP?

Thanks

Advertisement

#2 Red Socks

Red Socks

• 618 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:50

Does anyone know whether, for HTP purposes, the 1959 International Speed Week series of races in Nassau, and specifically the Governor's and Nassau Trophy races, are accepted by the FIA as international races such that cars competing therein would qualify for an HTP?

Thanks

Yes - IMHO

#3 john ruston

john ruston

• 1,019 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:06

Common sense and opinion however valid are not taken into account for Geneva to agree to validate HTP's these days.
Understand they have been asking for under bonnet photographs of Pre War cars?

Sure there were lots of digital cameras being used in Brooklands paddock and the bonnet on Dixon Riley was padlocked.

If someone has an entry list showing lots of overseas cars and drivers Peter can prove a point .

I didn't know until a month ago that the Imperial Plate run at Crystal Palace in Oct 38 was a National Race within an International Race Meeting.Understand this was first televised meeting by BBC.It's all beyond my comprehension .

#4 Red Socks

Red Socks

• 618 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 15:32

Common sense and opinion however valid are not taken into account for Geneva to agree to validate HTP's these days.
Understand they have been asking for under bonnet photographs of Pre War cars?

Sure there were lots of digital cameras being used in Brooklands paddock and the bonnet on Dixon Riley was padlocked.

If someone has an entry list showing lots of overseas cars and drivers Peter can prove a point .

I didn't know until a month ago that the Imperial Plate run at Crystal Palace in Oct 38 was a National Race within an International Race Meeting.Understand this was first televised meeting by BBC.It's all beyond my comprehension .

With regard to Peters question John its' pretty simple there were not may club national cars running on Nassau and the event is clearly on the International calendar.
The FIA thing is a new phenomenon. Those running things have a ''fundamentalist'' view-if it is not written in the good book it is not right, which sort of over rides what has been accepted for the last thirty years. Secondly a different understanding is prevalent in that it is now for the applicant to prove rather than the licencing authority to disprove which rather goes against the Anglo Saxon way of doing law but is entirely consistent with the Napoleonic way.
Shame really because it is leading to some unfortunate decisions which bring little credit on the FIA.

#5 Peter Horsman

Peter Horsman

• 68 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:09

Thank you, gentlemen. I may well be back asking for a copy of the programme showing the entry list for those two races. Martin has the car in question on his brilliant wsrp website....

#6 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,865 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 18:02

That meeting was televised, John, but it wasn't the first. That was the equivalent meeting in 1937.