Photo

John Milligan RIP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arthur

Arthur

• 170 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:24

Just read in my local press of th death of John Milligan ex RAF at age of 88 John was a very keen motorcyclist and him and his wife were constantly using their weekends marshalling at Snetterton. They also played a big part in running the Wymondham M/C Club and the British Formula Racing Club. One of the backroom boys without whom our sport would not have existed. Condolences to Joan his wife Thanks for the memory John RIP

Advertisement

#2 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:16

Just read in my local press of th death of John Milligan ex RAF at age of 88 John was a very keen motorcyclist and him and his wife were constantly using their weekends marshalling at Snetterton. They also played a big part in running the Wymondham M/C Club and the British Formula Racing Club. One of the backroom boys without whom our sport would not have existed. Condolences to Joan his wife Thanks for the memory John RIP

RIP John. :(

#3 PTJ

PTJ

• 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:16

So sorry to hear this sad news. RIP John

#4 MickJones

MickJones

• 160 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 13:05

That's terribly sad news, John was a real stalwart of the sport and a good guy who always had time for people. I loved the BFRC meetings and always got on so well with John and Joan who would always pop over to our side of the paddock for a chat with "the nutters". RIP John and thanks for the memories and all the hard work you put into our sport.

Edited by MickJones, 25 April 2010 - 13:06.

#5 llmaurice

llmaurice

• 431 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 15:33

John Milligan ran one of the best ever Race clubs in my opinion . Tough but very fair (unlike a particular Southern club ) !
Along with the late Dave Bailey (Newmarket Club ) , East Anglia has now lost two of the best in the Bike Racing world .