Photo

31st Bristol Classic Car Show 2010

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pullman99

Pullman99

• 851 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 19:25

I went to the Bristol Classic Car Show today at the Royal Bath and West Showground. This is the 31st running of the show, which started in Bristol's Watershed and has been at Shepton Mallet for some years.
Of interest to TNFrs, were a number of interesting competition cars in addition to an eclectic mix of classic machinery. This seems to be a really friendly, down to earth and well organised event, and I greatly enjoyed my visit!

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Lotus 22, the ex 'Grand Prix' film star, currently up for sale on the historic Lotus Register stand.

Posted Image

Nearby was this Lotus 30. One of Cheshunt's finest!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This Toyota 90C-V Group C car from 1990 is still owned by Toyota GB and is trailered to events and shows in the UK. It is one of the cars prepared by TOM's in Norfolk and was raced in period by John Watson and Geoff Lees. It was on the Toyota MR2 stand and creating much interest!

Edited by Pullman99, 01 May 2010 - 19:26.

Advertisement

#2 Pullman99

Pullman99

• 851 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:27

The Bristol Classic Car Show - held at the Royal Bath & West Showground at Shepton Mallet just to confuse you - saw its 32nd editon blessed with superb Springtime weather. All the usual motor clubs were there and the autojumble section is always worth browsing through.

Not all that much motorsport content, but I was delighted to see the ex-Group 44 Jaguar XJR5 of 1983 owned and raced by Don Miles who intends to be at the Donington Historic Festival with this car. It is chassis JXR5-006 and is the 1984 Miami GP winner in the hands of Brian Redman and Hurley Haywood and is surely one of the most important and original racing Jaguars of all. It was run as a Group 44 entry at Le Mans in both 1984 and 1985. Don also told me that it was the chassis later used for development work by TWR (painted in "reverse" green livery) and I think that it was this car that the late Tom Walkinshaw demonstrated at the Motor 100 event at Silverstone in 1985. Looking forward to seeing it out and about in a week or so.

Posted Image

Don Miles with "006"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 JMH

JMH

• 62 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 20:11

I believe that the MGCC stand had no less than 4 C Types on show, anyone got a pic?

JH

#4 Pullman99

Pullman99

• 851 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:08

I believe that the MGCC stand had no less than 4 C Types on show, anyone got a pic? JH

Just this one (sorry, I missed out the fourth one). A very good display and well done to all the clubs that exhibited.

Posted Image

Edited by Pullman99, 20 April 2011 - 09:09.