Photo

Shrike for sale... in Ireland?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Quixotic

Quixotic

• 422 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:25

Your tax dollars at work again. Browsing race car ads during lunch time I noticed the following Ad:

http://www.racecarsf...rike-f3000.html

Is this one of the South Australian TAFE built Shrikes that were built for Formula Holden in the early 90s?

If so, how the hell did it end up in Ireland as a F3000 car?

Regards,

Quixotic

Advertisement

#2 jeremy durward

jeremy durward

• 288 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:40

yep thats one of them, most of the old formula holdens went there actually... strange place to end up for the shrike but looks good with the paint job.

have you seen Andrew mithchell go up collingrove in his? turbo and methanol means its a bit faster than the old setup.

#3 MoMurray

MoMurray

• 738 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:20

Looks like Mick has the beginnings of a nice collection in the shed :eek:

Mo

#4 Quixotic

Quixotic

• 422 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:33

yep thats one of them, most of the old formula holdens went there actually... strange place to end up for the shrike but looks good with the paint job.

have you seen Andrew mithchell go up collingrove in his? turbo and methanol means its a bit faster than the old setup.

A V6 turbo.... on methanol......... at Collingrove. is this guy mental or some form of superhero?

#5 jeremy durward

jeremy durward

• 288 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:05

A V6 turbo.... on methanol......... at Collingrove. is this guy mental or some form of superhero?

depends who you ask... there is something special about watching it take off, 16 inch wide supersticky slicks smoking off the line, suddenly turning black as they clean up about ten metres up the track and boom off it goes

#6 Quixotic

Quixotic

• 422 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:34

depends who you ask... there is something special about watching it take off, 16 inch wide supersticky slicks smoking off the line, suddenly turning black as they clean up about ten metres up the track and boom off it goes

It is a pity that noone races Formula Libre any more. A couple of years ago Gary Willimgton Ran a series Called AUSBOSS, which I am reliably informed stands for Australian Big Open Single Seaters...... Or something like that anyway.

It was meant to be a home for Orphan F4000, F3000, and older Formula Atlantic type cars to run. Exactly like the Formula Libre classes of years ago.

I even heard that some guy was going to import a Formula Mazda Star Race car powered by a Mazda Rotary engine for this class.

Sigh........ It is a pity that it never really got off of the ground.

Regards,

Quixotic

#7 jeremy durward

jeremy durward

• 288 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 00:22

It is a pity that noone races Formula Libre any more. A couple of years ago Gary Willimgton Ran a series Called AUSBOSS, which I am reliably informed stands for Australian Big Open Single Seaters...... Or something like that anyway.

It was meant to be a home for Orphan F4000, F3000, and older Formula Atlantic type cars to run. Exactly like the Formula Libre classes of years ago.

I even heard that some guy was going to import a Formula Mazda Star Race car powered by a Mazda Rotary engine for this class.

Sigh........ It is a pity that it never really got off of the ground.

Regards,

Quixotic

not only does nobody race libre anymore... it doesn't exist except for hillclimbs. if you look in the cams manual the class has been moved so as to make it a speed event only class. and a real pity too, although cars log booked as F4000 or anything like that can still compete there is no class as such if you wanted to build a car and go circuit racing

#8 Quixotic

Quixotic

• 422 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:21

not only does nobody race libre anymore... it doesn't exist except for hillclimbs. if you look in the cams manual the class has been moved so as to make it a speed event only class. and a real pity too, although cars log booked as F4000 or anything like that can still compete there is no class as such if you wanted to build a car and go circuit racing

It sucks..... does it not?

#9 Bowinracer

Bowinracer

• 51 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 13:33

It sucks..... does it not?

yes it sucks hard. i would build a car if formula libre races existed still.