Photo

Photos of Warwick Pratley

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sue

Sue

• 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 00:12

Hi my father was Warwick Pratley, he won the 1951 grand prix. I came accross a post of some members who have pictures of dad. I was wondering if you could send me the pictures of him or copies via email if that is o.k. I am trying to collect as much about my dad as possible as now I have children they will eventually ask.

Advertisement

#2 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,228 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:06

I think I'm the only one here who's posted pictures, Sue...

Most of the pics I've posted, if they're not available on the threads where posted, are now somewhat difficult to access. John Medley would have photos, for sure. He did the Bathurst book.

I also spent a lot of time with George Reed in his final couple of years, if you want to get in touch you will find my e.mail address at the bottom of this post... send me a message and we'll converse privately.

I met your dad at the end of 1986, by the way. I think that was about two or three years before he died?

#3 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:03

There were loads of photos in Australian Motor Sports magazine in period, Sue, if you can find them in a library somewhere. But they weren't printed on the highest quality paper :)

#4 ken devine

ken devine

• 902 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 23:37

The Batye library in WA have photos of the 1951 AGP on their website,copies can probably be purchased.

#5 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:18

Hi my father was Warwick Pratley, he won the 1951 grand prix. I came accross a post of some members who have pictures of dad. I was wondering if you could send me the pictures of him or copies via email if that is o.k. I am trying to collect as much about my dad as possible as now I have children they will eventually ask.

Sue (or anyone else for that matter)....can you say whether Warwick was the driving force (no pun intended) behind the establishment of the Berrima Hillclimb? Cheers, Mick

#6 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,228 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:21

Highly unlikely, Mick...

He lived in Bathurst. And I notice Sue has not ever posted again.

#7 Sue

Sue

• 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 13:32

Thanks Ray Bell. Glad you got to meet dad, and pity I missed knowing more about George Reed and so on. Dad passed away in 1991.

Dad as far as I know had nothing to do with Berrima Hillclimb but you never know. He was a Bathurst boy and we lived for a long time in Queensland so I don't think so but I don't know everything about what he got up to.

Ray I would like to touch base with you regarding John Medley and the Bathurst book. 

Thanks David and Ken I will check out your tips to locate more pictures and info on dad. 

Sue

#8 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 23:01

Thanks Ray Bell. Glad you got to meet dad, and pity I missed knowing more about George Reed and so on. Dad passed away in 1991.

Dad as far as I know had nothing to do with Berrima Hillclimb but you never know. He was a Bathurst boy and we lived for a long time in Queensland so I don't think so but I don't know everything about what he got up to.

Ray I would like to touch base with you regarding John Medley and the Bathurst book. [/size]

Thanks David and Ken I will check out your tips to locate more pictures and info on dad. [/size]

Sue[/size]

Welcome back Sue...John Medley posts on here regularly...I'm sure he will pop up with a reply soon

PS if you haven't talked to George about Warwick lately, it might be a good idea  ;)

Edited by 275 GTB-4, 06 June 2014 - 21:13.

#9 john medley

john medley

• 1,442 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 22:38

Hi Sue

Please message me your address and I will send some pics and letters re your father

John Medley