• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 MonzaF1

MonzaF1

• 487 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:39

Jack Harvey?

Sounds a name from a comic strip.

Its too early to tell how good a driver really is because there are lots of drivers ddoing well at the junior levels these days. A drivers ability really begins to be demonstrated once they reach and do well quicklyin FR3.5 - until then he's just another hopeful.

Advertisement

#52 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,092 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:10

all fair points, and I'm glad to see that none of you think Harvey is talented in any way shape or form.

well done, you've achieved your goal..

#53 Ise

Ise

• 217 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 17:50

Foresti is only 19, but he'd been moved around so many different series (with little success outside Brazil) that he's not giving us anything to give any many props to his countryman for.

Well don't forget that last year he was doing double duty in British F3 and GP3, and I believe also did something back in Brazil so he was virtually all over the place. Now hes concentrating on a single series he seems to be finding some form, prehaps thats a clue to his upturn in performances.

I know only the Carlin guys have competed from Brit F3 in the FIA F3 Trophy, but there are some challengers there, yet Nasr or Harvey (trying to stay on topic) have contested. Not even the Pau Grand Prix. Once the premier F3 even in Europe next to the F3 Masters, it has fallen back and with Jaafar and Huertas finishing in the back at the event, it questions how Nasr would finish to the F3 Euroseries drivers.

I thought Jafaar did a great job at Hockenheim TBH. Two top ten results can't be a bad sign. I suspect their performances are partially due to tyres, Euro and British F3 both use different tyre manufactuers and back in the days the Masters event actually used Zandvoort, drivers complained that they wern't used to the differing compounds despite having the same machinery. Otherwise, I doubt it results in dramatic changes on paper, so I would assume the likes of Nasr would be able to compete for victory though probably would need time to get comfortable with the slight differences to the car.

all fair points, and I'm glad to see that none of you think Harvey is talented in any way shape or form.

Hes probably got talent and might show it more frequently in future. He looked impressive at times in FBMW but truth be told hes looked very quiet in BF3. Certainly hasn't set the world on fire till recently.

#54 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,092 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 17:11

Double pole today, great stuff.

#55 PEW

PEW

• 1,049 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 17:19

Very shocked by how small the Brit F3 field is this year. EuroF3 is even smaller! Some of us remember when both series were bulging.
Back OT - nice start to the season JH :up:

#56 cilurnum

cilurnum

• 1,686 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 00:34

nyck de vries

Not convinced.

#57 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,092 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:28

Not convinced.

Why not?

Back to back World Karting Championships. And has already been quick in his Renault 2.0 testing. It's obviously a bit early but he's convinced me the kid has masses of talent. McLaren and Anthony Hamilton wouldn't be onboard if he didn't.

#58 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:29

Jack comfortably won race 1, nearly 8 seconds clear of P2, he was 5.5 clear after 7 laps so appears as though he just controlled the second half of the race. Great start to the year! Clearly learnt alot and improved alot since last year.

EDIT: Just noticed he drew P12 for race two, pretty unlucky but he has pole for race three so needs to keep his head down and stay out of trouble for race 2.

Edited by olliek88, 07 April 2012 - 10:39.

#59 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:38

What will be his next move be after this season should he win the British F3 title?

Advertisement

#60 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,092 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 14:12

Jack comfortably won race 1, nearly 8 seconds clear of P2, he was 5.5 clear after 7 laps so appears as though he just controlled the second half of the race. Great start to the year! Clearly learnt alot and improved alot since last year.

EDIT: Just noticed he drew P12 for race two, pretty unlucky but he has pole for race three so needs to keep his head down and stay out of trouble for race 2.

Got 6th from P12, not bad. I didn't realise how weird the grid draw was in British F3.

#61 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 15:19

What will be his next move be after this season should he win the British F3 title?

I'm guessing it'll be GP3 or GP2, RSF put Calado in GP3 then GP2 so i guess that might be the chosen route, although Oliver Turvey went straight to GP2 but this was before GP3 came into existence. However the WSR is getting stronger & stronger so could go into that? I.E. its anybodies guess! :lol:

#62 JKTRacing

JKTRacing

• 184 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 18:03

Harvey: I've seen him race when he was younger, always had best equipment, didnt really "shine" like Alonso or Hamilton did. I can name 100 drivers with more raw talent.
James Calado: Better driver, very clever, not the fastest.
Oliver Turvey: Meh.

The one to watch is Oliver Rowland, he is the next Hamilton.

Edited by JKTRacing, 07 April 2012 - 18:05.

#63 f1fan1998

f1fan1998

• 277 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 18:07

See Oliver Turvey's career trajectory.

>F3 > GP2 > Disappeared > McLaren GT > Not really sure now.

RSF drivers have a tendency to be a bit anonymous unfortunately. Other than Calado who is pretty bloody good!

#64 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 18:14

Harvey: I've seen him race when he was younger, always had best equipment, didnt really "shine" like Alonso or Hamilton did. I can name 100 drivers with more raw talent.
James Calado: Better driver, very clever, not the fastest.
Oliver Turvey: Meh.

The one to watch is Oliver Rowland, he is the next Hamilton.

:up: Agreed. Well, sort of, he's not the next Lewis Hamilton. He'll be a big name in his own right. From what i've seen of him he has his head screwed on straight to, think he lost his father & martin hines in the last few years, should give him perspective and keep his feet on the ground.

Jacks clearly a good peddler, did well in F-BMW but its a massive step to F3 and struggled last season but was impressive this weekend. I guess time will tell.

#65 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 18:19

See Oliver Turvey's career trajectory.

>F3 > GP2 > Disappeared > McLaren GT > Not really sure now.

RSF drivers have a tendency to be a bit anonymous unfortunately. Other than Calado who is pretty bloody good!

Ollie is still a McLaren reserve/test driver, does lots of work in their sim and still works with the GT3 program i think.

#66 f1fan1998

f1fan1998

• 277 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 18:37

I know what he does. I was being facetious.

He does next to nothing in the sim.

#67 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,092 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 18:50

I know what he does. I was being facetious.

He does next to nothing in the sim.

sorry I didn't realise we had a mclaren insider in the thread..

#68 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 55,915 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 19:21

It's better than fan club members wandering in and out...

This is a terrible year for Brit F3 so Harvey will need to run away with title for people to not look at it and say "...who cares".

Rowland might turn into something, might not. We'll see how he gets on now that he's in Europe.

#69 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 2,593 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 20:36

This is a terrible year for Brit F3.

Yeah. Where did all the talent go? Not to GP2 or Formula Renault for sure :cry:

#70 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 55,915 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 20:39

GP3 I reckon. There's 25ish cars there? If you added 10 to Brit, 10 to Euroe, and the other 5 to someone like Euro F3 Open you'd have decent grids in all three.

F3 car for car is still better, but they're all being proud and refusing to merge into one pan-European series. They need to take the lessons of Formula Renault. Over the past few years the National championships merged into the Northern European Cup and the ALPS championship, and the UK series got cancelled.

I get the impression it's the British F3 side that's snotty about surrendering to market forces.

#71 weareracing

weareracing

• 885 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 18:08

Congratulations to Jack, British F3 Champion 2012, well done. :up:

#72 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,034 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 19:16

Very happy for the lad!! Been quite unlucky this season too, seemed to endlessly draw P12 in the, frankly stupid, race 2 grid draw. Hopefully GP2 or 3 awaits. The one great thing about British F3 is the track time these guys get, i think that will help him if he does got straight to GP2 but with the new, faster GP3 cars i can see him going there for 2013.

#73 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,351 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 20:10

Hold on chaps - Wait for the postings rubbishing the quality of this year's field, and of how in the roseate glow of an evening of armchair driving, it was better in the past....

#74 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 55,915 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 20:16

No, this was actually the best possible winner.

#75 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,034 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 20:18

Hold on chaps - Wait for the postings rubbishing the quality of this year's field, and of how in the roseate glow of an evening of armchair driving, it was better in the past....

Exactly, they quality of the field when Daniel Ricciardo won it was, errrrr, shocking actually. Max Chilton is the only "stand out" name from then.

By and large Jack has consistently been the quickest guy in the field this year, quite a few things went against him but 10 poles when the next nearest was only Serralles with 3 kinda says a lot for me.

#76 Risil

Risil

• 12,239 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 21:56

Good going Jack Harvey. :up: I was a bit worried for him going into this weekend. The guy who beat him to the Euro Formula BMW title in 2010 needs a similar sort of final round in WSR next month.

Edited by Risil, 30 September 2012 - 21:56.

#77 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 2,593 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 23:12

Impressive eyebrows for sure :drunk:

#78 sesku

sesku

• 281 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:40

Really gutted for Jazeman Jaafar. Nevertheless, Congratulation Jack Harvey! The fight for the BF3 championship this year pretty good actually.

#79 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,092 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:11

Great win from Jack, very happy for him! Alex Lynn looks like the man to take the title next year in my eyes, maybe Serralles..

Advertisement

#80 noikeee

noikeee

• 9,282 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:36

Brit F3 has been very poor for a few years now, although several talents have come out from it, like Perez, Alguersuari, Ricciardo and Vergne. But almost every season there's only 2, 3 intriguing drivers at its very best.

Anyway congrats to Harvey.

#81 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 6,789 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 23:32

Congratulations to Jack, British F3 Champion 2012, well done. :up:

:wave:
Congratulations to the British F3 Champ, Jack Harvey, as well! :up: :up: :up:

weareracing - I am missing the waving smileys in your posts nowadays.... ;)
:wave: