Photo

Which wives appealed?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#101 E1pix

E1pix

• 9,659 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 23:41

Dandy Dan spent part of his booty from his first Indy win on getting his choppers fixed. He looked rather good in all the photos from this past Sunday! :up:

Too white and bright, though.... or am I just jealous? :rotfl:

The Brits have no room to talk about other people's teeth. Ever see Dan Wheldon and Justin Wilson's biters? Blimey, indeed!
:lol:

Aren't RA and E1 nowhere near England, but rather grew up near Mr. Hobbs' transplanted home? :wave:.... and now, transplanted E1 lives a half-hour from Justin, who moved here to drive for friends....

Mercy, the parallels! :drunk:

Back On Topic Here on Earth.... I always thought Shelley Unser was the perfect racing wife.... too bad Al didn't....

And my wife also, has the ears to tell me when the floats are off.... and even bought tires! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Edited by E1pix, 03 June 2011 - 23:50.

Advertisement

#102 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,539 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 00:09

According to Buford, Indiana was the place to go looking - but I can't remember what his recommended line was.

I don't think he really needed one:

Living in the Chicago area I made Hoosier girls my women of choice for 3 decades at least one weekend a month except dead of winter. No need to have a fancy job, own your own home, a fat portfolio. All Hoosier girls cared about is "Who has the six pack."

;)

#103 B Squared

B Squared

• 3,188 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 13:15

Nina Rindt certainly got my attention in my youth.

Even though he doesn't drive at this time, Buddy Lazier's wife, Kara, is always a welcome sight at the track.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#104 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,428 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 13:22

Wasn't it Robin Miller who, about ten or so years ago, asked how such a goofy looking guy (Buddy Lazier) could have such a knock out wife?

#105 Flat Black 84

Flat Black 84

• 739 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 14:31

Wasn't it Robin Miller who, about ten or so years ago, asked how such a goofy looking guy (Buddy Lazier) could have such a knock out wife?

The same question could be asked of practically every rock star. And the answer is pretty dam' obvious. Money and celebrity are more potent than oysters, and they won't put you in the hospital.

#106 RTH

RTH

• 5,737 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 14:46

I haven't a clue as to the identity of the lady with Peter Collins in this photo (taken from another TNF thread), but I think she should be included. Can anybody identify her?

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We had this discussion before, this is one of at least half a dozen posed photographs at Monaco which it was thought had been set up with a fashion model at the time for a magazine article/ advertising feature.

#107 B Squared

B Squared

• 3,188 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 15:17

We had this discussion before, this is one of at least half a dozen posed photographs at Monaco which it was thought had been set up with a fashion model at the time for a magazine article/ advertising feature.

As also pointed out by kayemod in post #55 on page two of this thread.

"There was a fairly lengthy discussion of this woman's identity a year or two ago on TNF, general consensus was that she was French, probably a model there for publicity work of some kind, and probably not one of PC's intimates. I'd certainly agree that she has that classic gamine wow factor".

#108 E1pix

E1pix

• 9,659 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 19:24

Buddy's a longtime friend of ours, my wife would take to swinging if she heard Robin's "goofy!" :lol:

Their kids Flinn and Jacqui both race karts around here now, great to see both folks at every race. :up:

Edited by E1pix, 04 June 2011 - 22:37.

#109 JacnGille

JacnGille

• 1,606 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 22:47

Back On Topic Here on Earth.... I always thought Shelley Unser was the perfect racing wife.... too bad Al didn't....

Don't know about perfect but definitely a looker.

#110 E1pix

E1pix

• 9,659 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 00:17

Don't know about perfect but definitely a looker.

I meant trackside assistance appeal. :lol: Looks are fine and she's cute, but.....

We saw her racing through paddocks for Jr. several times, total commitment. :up:

Edited by E1pix, 05 June 2011 - 00:28.

#111 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 2,268 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:34

Which says sooo much about the speaker... :lol:

#112 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 2,268 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:38

The same question could be asked of practically every rock star. And the answer is pretty dam' obvious. Money and celebrity are more potent than oysters, and they won't put you in the hospital.

Trust me, buddy, it's got nothing to do with money, celeb status or anything like that, and certainly not with potency. It's far more simple, and that's why most men'll never find out...;)

#113 E1pix

E1pix

• 9,659 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:57

Trust me, buddy, it's got nothing to do with money, celeb status or anything like that, and certainly not with potency. It's far more simple, and that's why most men'll never find out...;)

Is it Peace?

#114 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 2,268 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:00

I'll let you in on a little secret that worked wonders for me when I finally found out. It's really simple, but you have to make it work yourself:

Men fall in love through their eyes, women through their ears.

That's all there is to it! :)

#115 E1pix

E1pix

• 9,659 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:14

Would I be admitting to being a woman if I said I fell in Love through my ears? :)

33 years with the same girl come August. She might come to her senses someday!

Edited by E1pix, 05 June 2011 - 09:15.

#116 wenoopy

wenoopy

• 610 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:41

I'll let you in on a little secret that worked wonders for me when I finally found out. It's really simple, but you have to make it work yourself:

Ah, the answer to the age-old question "What on earth did she see in him?"

Just as well we don't get to be old farts until later in life.

#117 Flat Black 84

Flat Black 84

• 739 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 19:28

You ain't nuttin' but a big stud-muffin, Ferner.

:stoned:

#118 E.B.

E.B.

• 1,828 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 19:43

You ain't nuttin' but a big stud-muffin, Ferner.

Courtesy of TNF, "How To Pull the Ladies" by Michael Ferner.

Tune in next week for "Millers and Duesenbergs at Culver City Speedway 1924-27: A Comprehensive History" by Ryan Giggs.

#119 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 2,268 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 21:20

All right, got the message - "stay with your subject, Ferner" :lol:

Advertisement

#120 johnny yuma

johnny yuma

• 928 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:48

Especially if they've got a bag over their head,and then it can work for the bloke too ! :lol:

#121 Charles E Taylor

Charles E Taylor

• 175 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:50

Which Wives Appealed?

Well, over the years there were a lot, especially.....Hummm!

Now, the problem is that their Mothers appeal more than their Wives or Girlfriends…..I guess I should stop here because……….

I suppose that is the way with nostalgia.

Charlie

#122 zeb911

zeb911

• 9 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 13:15

This thread would be a whole lot better if you post a picture with the names youre throwing in, especially our friends from across the pond. :cool:

#123 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,079 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 15:26

This thread would be a whole lot better if you post a picture with the names youre throwing in, especially our friends from across the pond. :cool:

A couple of years ago we had a similar thread and the photos caused no end of copyright problems.

#124 Simon Hadfield

Simon Hadfield

• 213 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 16:52

I haven't a clue as to the identity of the lady with Peter Collins in this photo (taken from another TNF thread), but I think she should be included. Can anybody identify her?

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Someone much smarter than me has pointed out that the young lady is described elsewhere as "Peter Collin's soon-to-be-wife Louise Cordier". Personally speaking, and for many reasons, I find this one of the most affecting photographs posted on here for a long time.

#125 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,236 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 17:03

A couple of years ago we had a similar thread and the photos caused no end of copyright problems.

Posted Image

There shouldn't be any copyright problem with this one, I'm pretty sure I first saw it somewhere on TNF, entitled I think BRM Pit Popsies. Appeal or attractiveness is all in the eye of the beholder of course, but the stand-out for me is the one on the far right of this pic. If I'd spotted her at the time, I'd probably have stopped to tie a shoelace in front of her or something, to get a better look, and I don't think we ever established who she was, any ideas? A sobering thought is that I would have been 8 or 9 when this was taken, and she would be at least 80 now, I'd have been a bit young to ask her out, so not exactly a missed opportunity.

#126 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,725 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 17:08

Could this be the thread to which you are referring, Duncan?
http://forums.autosp...w...107119&st=0

#127 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 3,058 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 17:08

Someone much smarter than me has pointed out that the young lady is described elsewhere as "Peter Collin's soon-to-be-wife Louise Cordier". Personally speaking, and for many reasons, I find this one of the most affecting photographs posted on here for a long time.

Not correct I'm afraid:

It's not Louise, Peter met her on February 4th 1957 and they married one week later.

I was going to post similarly and saw that it had already been done in that other thread where Flaminiasport posted a collection of photos of Peter Collins and the lady at Monaco in 1956.

#128 Simon Hadfield

Simon Hadfield

• 213 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 17:22

The Life article's photographs show body language which seems rather more than a modelling assignment - but whatever and whoever the photo is amazingly evocative.

#129 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,015 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 21:25

The Life article's photographs show body language which seems rather more than a modelling assignment - but whatever and whoever the photo is amazingly evocative.

Indeed it is, and you must remember that Collins was much the same age as Lewis Hamilton is today when he perished, a man as opposed to a boy.....

#130 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,079 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 21:41

Could this be the thread to which you are referring, Duncan?
http://forums.autosp...w...107119&st=0

No, not that one. The one I'm referring to was a thread featuring pictures of many drivers' WAGs. It was closed because it featured too many high resolution pictures that were obviously copyright infringements.

#131 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 4,907 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 20:30

Posted Image

There shouldn't be any copyright problem with this one, I'm pretty sure I first saw it somewhere on TNF, entitled I think BRM Pit Popsies.

The copyright belonged to Ted Walker, and still does. He gave me permission to post it on TNF. A really great picture and a reason why you should always visit Ted's stand when you have the chance.

#132 ZOOOM

ZOOOM

• 517 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 19:42

GEEZ!
My right thy is bigger around than the wist on that young lady with Peter Collins!

ZOOOM

#133 Flat Black 84

Flat Black 84

• 739 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 21:03

ZOOOM, thy name is Thunderthys.

;)

#134 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 3,387 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 21:48

Thy? Wist? :rolleyes:

#135 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,236 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 22:00

Thy? Wist? :rolleyes:

Next thing, he'll be telling us that he has thick Wists as well.

#136 ZOOOM

ZOOOM

• 517 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 23:55

Geez guys, I'm a pipe fighter....
Give me a break!
ZOOOM

#137 GMACKIE

GMACKIE

• 1,778 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 00:27

Geez guys, I'm a pipe fighter....
Give me a break!
ZOOOM

I can't stand it any longer.......WHAT IS A PIPE FIGHTER? And what happens when you lose?

#138 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 7,013 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:08

Hmmmmm

http://starwars.wiki...iki/Pipefighter

or maybe...

http://thepipefighter.com/

or then again....

Pipe Fighter

A combatant in a backalley tournament in one of four Coasts: East, West, North, and South (though there are pipe fighters that have no designated Coast, such as those in the In-Between). Generally, a pipe fighter allies himself with other pipe fighters to fight a common foe. All pipe fighters must have a pipe (with which to fight), a nickname, an occupation (before pipe fighting, of course), a special power, and a weakness. Some lead, some follow; all fight.

"Pipe fighters rule."

buy pipe fighter mugs & shirts

pipe fighting derk ace east coast sector opponent mind-toss master race paralysis
by The Mystery Fighter May 13, 2009 share this add a video

#139 ZOOOM

ZOOOM

• 517 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 17:31

Actually, I was being facetious...
I'm a Pipefitter, kinda...
A pipefitter is a (bloke) who installs all kinds of pipes.
I own a mechanical contracting firm and came up through the pipefitting ranks...
Pipe fitters are also known as pipe FIGHTERS in the trade...

Just trying to be a bit funny...

ZOOOM

Advertisement

#140 GMACKIE

GMACKIE

• 1,778 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 20:05

Take no notice of Mick - he lives in another world, ZOOM. I thought it was funny.

Done a bit of pipe fitting [more like fighting] myself, over the years

Maybe you should start a new THREAD [NPT, BSP, etc.]. :rotfl:

Cheers, Greg

#141 fredeuce

fredeuce

• 342 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 23:30

Certainly appears to be . Many more related pics on this link and some very intering pics on the D50 Lancia Ferrari.

http://www.123people...n...&wrt_id=262

#142 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,079 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 23:38

Certainly appears to be . Many more related pics on this link and some very intering pics on the D50 Lancia Ferrari.

Whatever that site may say, it is incorrect. There are several photographs of Louise Collins in Mon Ami Mate and they do not show the same lady as the Life set of photos.

#143 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 3,058 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 00:06

How often do we have to be told that in this thread alone?
Several of us have shown evidence that the captions in that link are incorrect - as Duncan wrote, she looks nothing like Louise and as cdrewett wrote on Mar 23 2009, "It's not Louise, Peter met her on February 4th 1957 and they married one week later." (i.e. not May 1956 at Monaco)

#144 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,079 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 00:53

See this thread for the fuller discussion of the identity of the lady.

#145 RCH

RCH

• 797 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:23

Cheers, Greg

Please don't! I had enough of that in my real life! :well: ): :evil:

#146 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 7,013 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:16

ave hhave

Take no notice of Mick - he lives in another world, ZOOM. I thought it was funny.

Done a bit of pipe fitting [more like fighting] myself, over the years

Cheers, Greg

"he lives in another world" ....awwwwhhh car mon fella's....

I can also say I was for many years a pipe-fighter, wire-jerker (no comments from you GM!) of sorts and 1s and 0s chaser...however, the pipes I played with were called waveguides (and had nothing to do with harnesing swells) :)

#147 DogEarred

DogEarred

• 443 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:02

Please don't! I had enough of that in my real life! :well: ): :evil:

I quite ageee. To PITCH ourselves into this kind of discussion might TAP into UNCalled for & UNFounded comments, thus SCREWING up this THREAD & forcing it to DIE. Lads, let's stay UNIFIED!... ...I think I'm going nuts...

Edited by DogEarred, 07 November 2012 - 07:04.

#148 RCH

RCH

• 797 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:33

I quite ageee. To PITCH ourselves into this kind of discussion might TAP into UNCalled for & UNFounded comments, thus SCREWING up this THREAD & forcing it to DIE. Lads, let's stay UNIFIED!... ...I think I'm going nuts...

Quite, perhaps we should TAPER down the THREAD before it becomes too COARSE or the detail too FINE. No more Back Stabbing Posts or Non Productive Twaddle..... help!! :stoned:

Edited by RCH, 07 November 2012 - 08:34.

#149 Oho

Oho

• 7,656 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:18

Nina Rindt!! Now that brings back memories.

Se was the first Finn to pickup world champions trophy, albeit under the saddest of circumstances.

#150 WhatOh

WhatOh

• 97 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 15:02

Roseanne Mansell - supported her hubby through thick and thin.

Saw Damon Hill's wife on Daybreak - she seems to have something about her.

Looks-wise Xuxa (Senna's one-time squeeze) was and is still very pretty.

Edited by WhatOh, 08 November 2012 - 15:06.