Senna's Memorial in Imola

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aviator

Aviator

• 70 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:55

Hello everyone,

I will be traveling to Imola this summer, and I was wondering if someone knows how can I reach Ayrton's memorial at the Tamburello turn. I understand this is inside the track, but is it available to guests who want to pay tribute? Do i have to get in touch with the track authorities?

Thanks

Advertisement

#2 rossifumi46

rossifumi46

• 37 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:42

Hello there

The Memorial is outside the track in the public area.....just walk round the outside and you can spot in the trees up a steepish bank.

A photo taken last September....

http://picasaweb.goo...822748864696882

#3 Aviator

Aviator

• 70 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:51

Hello there

The Memorial is outside the track in the public area.....just walk round the outside and you can spot in the trees up a steepish bank.

A photo taken last September....

http://picasaweb.goo...822748864696882

Thank you very much for the reply my friend! I thought that in order to get there you need to actually enter the track. Now is clear that access is free. Thanks again

#4 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 17:58

I make a clarification.

What you see in the rossifumi46's picture is not the memorial.
That's a plate outside the Tamburello corner, at the point where the accident occurred. It can be reached by walking on the Santerno riverbank (white line, 0.6 kms).

Posted Image

The memorial is located inside the circuit, including Tamburello and Tosa corners, in a beautiful public park for children.

Posted Image

You can reach by walking from the finish line (0.7 kms)

Posted Image

or by car from outside the racetrack (3.5 kms), entering from Tosa gate.

Posted Image

At Tosa entrance you can see the Ratzenberger memorial.

Posted Image

#5 Aviator

Aviator

• 70 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:12

Thank you very much for your information. Accurate and complete :up:

#6 rossifumi46

rossifumi46

• 37 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:40

Ah my mistake,thanks for the clarification gio66

Did't know about the memorial statue...will find that when i visit Imola again for World Superbikes in September

#7 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:04

Thank you very much for your information. Accurate and complete :up:

You're welcome.

If you want, I'll be happy to give you more information, I live 20 km from the circuit.

#8 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 18:04

Ah my mistake,thanks for the clarification gio66

Did't know about the memorial statue...will find that when i visit Imola again for World Superbikes in September

:up:

See you there.

#9 Aviator

Aviator

• 70 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 19:13

You're welcome.

If you want, I'll be happy to give you more information, I live 20 km from the circuit.

Thanks Gio66,

In fact it would be great if you could give me some info regarding my trip from Milan to Imola. I was thinking not to rent a car and use the public transportation (train) but haven't decided yet. I will be in Monza for the F1 race in September and I plan to combine my stay there with a one-day trip to Imola. Any good advice will be valuable!

#10 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:31

I will be in Monza for the F1 race in September and I plan to combine my stay there with a one-day trip to Imola. Any good advice will be valuable!

The trip from Milano to Imola (250 km) is very simple.

By car, take the A1 motorway and continue straight ahead for about 220 km until Bologna. There take the exit for the A14 (towards Rimini) and after 30 km you find the exit for Imola. Then follow the signs to the Autodromo.
Google maps can help, post a start location of your hotel in Milan and place of arrival as the address of the circuit Via Fratelli Rosselli 2, 40026 Imola (Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari)

Posted Image

By train, from Milano Centrale, you can reach Bologna in one hour with the Freccia Rossa (but the ticket costs about 44 euros) and then change the train to Imola (total time 1h 45').

http://orario.trenit...T...p;x=23&y=15

From the train station, you arrive at the Autodromo walking (2 km) or by taxi.

Posted Image

#11 Aviator

Aviator

• 70 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 18:06

What can I say! You couldn't be more helpful to me. Many many thanks for this Gio66 :wave:

#12 gio66

gio66

• 1,431 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 18:30

What can I say! You couldn't be more helpful to me. Many many thanks for this Gio66 :wave:

You're welcome.

Have a nice trip. :)