Photo

Liverpool Pageant of Power

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 13:56

As a preview for this July's 'Pageant of Power' meeting, cars and bikes took to the streets of Liverpool last Tuesday evening. I have posted some pics on the main TNF forum, but as motorcycle racing featured heavily, I thought some may be of interest here.

Charlie Williams, John McGuiness and Stuart Graham
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
John McGuiness
Posted Image Posted Image
Stuart Graham, and HM Plant Honda Superbike racer, Ryuichi Kiyonari, fresh from success at Cadwell on Sunday.
Posted Image
Barrie and James Baxter fettle their Moto Guzzi
Posted Image

Edited by Alan Cox, 28 May 2010 - 14:11.

Advertisement

#2 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 14:24

Thanks for posting those , Alan , great pics :love: :up:

#3 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 14:32

Nice to see the racing brought to the public like this, a nice idea and maybe some of the spectators will go along to some race meetings for the first time, cracking shots there :up:

David

#4 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 15:18

Thanks for posting Alan, great shots indeed! :up:

#5 harbee

harbee

• 20 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 21:55

My first post , and it's a winge, sorry.
I do find it ironic that Liverpool hosts this preview for the cholmondley castle "do" and there is a historic Grand Prix circuit a mile down the road, almost ruined by the horsey peeps and Sefton council, but still mainly all there. A better venue by miles IMHO.
P.S. on the Pathe News site, there's film of Duke and Armstrong on the Gilera 4's at Aintree in the fifties.

#6 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 22:10

I do find it ironic that Liverpool hosts this preview for the cholmondley castle "do" and there is a historic Grand Prix circuit a mile down the road, almost ruined by the horsey peeps and Sefton council, but still mainly all there. A better venue by miles IMHO.
P.S. on the Pathe News site, there's film of Duke and Armstrong on the Gilera 4's at Aintree in the fifties.

First of all , welcome to the forum :wave: secondly , although I have never been to Aintree , as always , the big question , as you point out is WHY ?? , the same , I guess as Goodwood , although it seems Donington has been at last , saved :up:

#7 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 22:58

Thanks for your post harbee, I was an Aintree fan for many a year, I raced there quite a few times and enjoyed every meeting. :up: I remember Stuart Marshall on his Honda 350 and Reg Lennon on his 125, always enjoyed Aintree, very fast, TT gearing IIRC, a real riders track!! Loved it when I rode there, The Railway Straight was a Blinder!!

#8 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 13:03

Of course, Aintree is still used as a sprint venue and there have been lots of talk, and various proposals, to revive racing at the circuit in recent years. A revival meeting in 2004 was very poorly supported and went off "half-cock". There is no prospect of racing on the old GP track, part of which is now built over, although the club circuit is still extant. I gather that the Jockey Club is the main stumbling block.

#9 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 14:53

A few photos from the weekend's Pageant of Power at Cholmondeley Castle in Cheshire. It's a meeting which seems to please both the car and motorcycle fraternity in equal measure, which can be a difficult balance to strike.
Posted ImagePosted Image
The ever-cheerful and enthusiastic Sammy Miller on his Honda RC181
Posted Image
Class-winner John Cox with his Manx Norton
Posted Image
Colin Seeley/Peter Crew with their ex-Dieter Busch BMW
Posted Image
Barrie Baxter with his ex-Loris Capirosi Ducati from 2005
Posted Image
Local hero Charlie Williams and his Maxton Yamaha TZ385
Posted Image
James Baxter - 1910 Singer
Posted Image
The curious 600cc Bohmerland 4-seater from 1929 which was designed by Albin Liebsich in the Czech Republic and which came over from the Sinsheim Museum
Posted Image
World Superbike racer Tom Sykes posted FTD with the Paul Bird Kawasaki and here is interviewed by Julian Ryder at the prizegiving.

Edited by Alan Cox, 22 July 2010 - 17:18.

#10 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 17:17

Thank's for sharing those great pic's with us , Alan , are you sure that is John Cooper :confused: ???

#11 stephenw

stephenw

• 19 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 19:10

Don't know who it is, but 100% it's not John Cooper.

#12 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 19:33

Don't know who it is, but 100% it's not John Cooper.

Don't think its ole 'Wadder'
HW

#13 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 19:35

looks like my old headmaster :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :wave:

#14 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 19:42

looks like my old headmaster :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :wave:

Didn't think you had one at Approved School :rolleyes: , Daisy

Think the guy could be Arthur Jakeman ?? :well:

#15 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 19:46

Didn't think you had one at Approved School :rolleyes: , Daisy

Think the guy could be Arthur Jakeman ?? :well:

He could be someone entirely different too Phil :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

(mind you if it were someone different they are entirely anyway? :drunk: )

Edited by Coupe Kawasaki, 19 July 2010 - 19:47.

#16 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 20:22

He could be someone entirely different too Phil :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

(mind you if it were someone different they are entirely anyway? :drunk: )

Quite , Daisy , but fink Arthur fettled ' Coop's ' bikes for years.................................................

#17 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 19:40

A few photos from the weekend's Pageant of Power at Cholmondeley Castle in Cheshire. It's a meeting which seems to please both the car and motorcycle fraternity in equal measure, which can be a difficult balance to strike.

Posted Image

World Superbike racer Tom Sykes posted FTD with the Paul Bird Kawasaki and here is interviewed by Julian Ryder at the prizegiving.

His FTD was on one flying run on the Saturday.......

Posted Image

... the rest of the time he was playing to the crowd :clap:

Posted Image

PAR