• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:11

Which forum member is 'escaping with concussion? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Posted Image

his had is under the front wheel of the bike...that can't have done him any good can it? :wave:

Dave

Edited by Coupe Kawasaki, 20 June 2010 - 06:21.

Advertisement

#2 LamboNZ

LamboNZ

• 1,390 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:58

Must be be Mike Capon?

#3 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:06

bang on Nige! Excuse the pun there Mick, sorry :blush:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I don't know if you've seen this Mick..that looked horrible mate :eek: :eek: :eek:

not sure what Croz is in it for though :confused:

Daisy

Edited by Coupe Kawasaki, 20 June 2010 - 08:17.

#4 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:34

Watching from the pits, or implied to be so from the editor. I seem to recall it was Damon Hill doing the running over, he certainly appears in the early part of the clip. The LC racing appears on one of Duke Marketing's early efforts, along with the Donington Gold Cup of '82.

#5 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 21:35

Is it Devil's Elbow, pre-bus stop?

#6 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 22:07

Is it Devil's Elbow, pre-bus stop?

Yes it is Mick...it's on the you tube link if you click it... :wave:

#7 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 22:15

Here's more of the race......Just wondering if that was restarted?

#8 Steve Bateman

Steve Bateman

• 328 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:00

Which forum member is 'escaping with concussion? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Posted Image

his had is under the front wheel of the bike...that can't have done him any good can it? :wave:

Dave

Still didnt knock any sense into him tho ! :rolleyes: Hi Spotty :wave:

#9 mikecapon

mikecapon

• 42 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:06

Still didnt knock any sense into him tho ! :rolleyes: Hi Spotty :wave:

Thank you for those kind words your Royal Wobblyness :lol:

Yes it was meeeeee :clap: :clap: It wasn't Damon who ran me over though. I think it was Paul Tinker but it was a bit hard to see from where I was sat....

For what it's worth here's how that happened. It was my first ProAm race and I was pretty much in awe of some of the guys around me. In practice the bike was useless and I was nearly a second off the pace. It seemed to be rich and I asked after practice if they could lift the needles a notch. You weren't allow to touch the bike yourself and they were all supposed to be the same. They did lift the needles though and the bike was transformed. A bloody rocket ship compared with before.

I was on the fourth row of the grid and managed to fire off the line to lead in the first corner absolutely $hitting myself. Bloody hell. What do I do now. There was £750 for a win in '81 so I went for it as best I could. In practice the bike was so slow that the Devil's Elbow was easy flat. I remeber thinking, "Should I roll off a bit here?" but behind me I could hear 23 other loonies and decided to hold it flat. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Broke the front off my new Bell helmet. A nice bout of concussion, three vertebrae and three ribs. Best bit was that Leicester Royal didn't spot any of these and sent me home that night. It was the year after at Norfolk General that they saw the damage on X rays for a testing accident on an RG 500.

Happy days eh?

Cheers,

Mike

#10 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 14:27

Woo-hoo ! Good stuff, and an automatic pass into the Hard Bastards archive, Mike. Well done, mate. Regards GD :wave: Plus, tens of thousands have seen that clip over the years, so you're officially a legend, son. :clap: