1:32 Tyrrell 002 slot car

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davewisdom

davewisdom

• 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:29

HI.

I was a huge fan of Francois Cevert and have wanted to build his Tyrrell from 1971 for a long time! Eventually, I did last year.

Posted Image
Starting point: A fibreglass body shell

Posted Image
Some alterations to the original shell, new airbox and rear wing

Posted Image
Added detailing, hopefully giving it the look we all recognise

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The oily bits! Scratchbuilt brass chassis.

Many thanks for looking.
Regards
Dave

Edited by davewisdom, 24 June 2010 - 12:32.

Advertisement

#2 SWB

SWB

• 244 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:34

A fine job, its looks great!

Steve

#3 Hamish Robson

Hamish Robson

• 389 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:15

Really beautiful. The detail and finish is really top notch - dare you now race it?

#4 Kitkent

Kitkent

• 88 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 18:31

Really beautiful. The detail and finish is really top notch - dare you now race it?

I'm impressed! That's really good,when I first got into model cars(kits) I wanted them all to be 1/32 but had to accept 1/43. there is a gap in the market for decent 1/32 full detail kits. Yes?

#5 davewisdom

davewisdom

• 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 20:22

I'm impressed! That's really good,when I first got into model cars(kits) I wanted them all to be 1/32 but had to accept 1/43. there is a gap in the market for decent 1/32 full detail kits. Yes?

Yes, you're right - Although in recent years the number of resin 1:32 body shells and kits has increased in line with a growing interest in classic/historic racing cars. I still enjoy the challenge of trying to create something unique and of personal interest though. This model was built to take part in an 'Airbox' proxy slot car series. However, it never happened - which is something of a relief!

Thanks
Dave

Edited by davewisdom, 24 June 2010 - 20:24.

#6 David Lawson

David Lawson

• 968 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 13:12

I've had the pleasure of seeing Dave Wisdom's cars in the flesh and they are meticulously detailed and built to scale dimensions. They are also very quick slot cars and not built to sit on a display shelf. In fact I did see this Tyrrell have an incredibly big crash at an open meeting at Wolverhampton which thankfully it survived with surprisingly minor damage.

David

#7 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 14:31

Looks fantastic, Dave. And I am pleased to learn from David Lawson that you are not afraid to race them.