Photo

Need photo of Mark Donuhue Mid-Ohio USRRC 1968

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cam2InfoNeeded

Cam2InfoNeeded

• 206 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 19:28

I'm trying to figure out when rear bodywork changes were made to the McLaren M6A/1 that Mark last raced at USRRC race Mid-Ohio in 1968 (the car was then sold to Jerry Hansen). An enlarged radiator opening was added to the bodywork (to left of driver's shoulder). I've been helped with a photo of it on the car with it that Mr. Hansen drove at the Riverside Can-Am in 1968, and found it on Dave Causey's car after he bought it from Mr. Hansen in 1969. The question is: was it ever on the car while Penske still owned it (Mid-Ohio was the last USRRC race that M6A/1 apparently was raced at by Penske, but it is that type of thing that was only used at high temperature races).

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

#2 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:07

I'm trying to figure out when rear bodywork changes were made to the McLaren M6A/1 that Mark last raced at USRRC race Mid-Ohio in 1968 (the car was then sold to Jerry Hansen). An enlarged radiator opening was added to the bodywork (to left of driver's shoulder). I've been helped with a photo of it on the car with it that Mr. Hansen drove at the Riverside Can-Am in 1968, and found it on Dave Causey's car after he bought it from Mr. Hansen in 1969. The question is: was it ever on the car while Penske still owned it (Mid-Ohio was the last USRRC race that M6A/1 apparently was raced at by Penske, but it is that type of thing that was only used at high temperature races).

Thanks for any help.

One photo here:

http://www.racingspo...8-05-19-006.jpg

Vince H.

#3 AlMark

AlMark

• 82 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 16:29

Thanks for any help.

It is my obsession to have a 1/43rd model of every car Mark raced, even those with slight differences in bodywork or graphics. If I understand what you are referring to, I have never heard nor seen a photo that suggested that such a cooler appeared on the 1968 USRRC car. In fact, the 1968 Can-Am car did not start the season with it but was added later.

#4 USA Diligence

USA Diligence

• 48 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:34

I have a great 8MM color film from that race