Photo

What next for Bruno Senna?

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Poll: What next for Bruno Senna? (189 member(s) have cast votes)

What next for Bruno Senna?

1. Another F1 team (78 votes [41.27%])

Percentage of vote: 41.27%

2. GP2 (17 votes [8.99%])

Percentage of vote: 8.99%

3. America (NASCAR/IndyCar) (61 votes [32.28%])

Percentage of vote: 32.28%

4. Other (33 votes [17.46%])

Percentage of vote: 17.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:09

So it seems like HRT are dropping him for Sakon Yamamoto this week, and you'd presume for the remainder of the season, as it seems like Yamamoto brings in more income than Senna.

I hope this doesn't spell the end of his F1 career, and that he is quickly picked up. It'd be a shame if it finished so early. :( Hope he can find a drive, or even a test drive (not that that even means much nowadays...) with a mid-field team, unfortunate that his season has been cut short.

Apart from that, maybe going back to GP2 for a year could be an idea, or possibly heading to America. Hope this isn't the last of Bruno regardless....

Advertisement

#2 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,985 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:30

- GP2 is not an option;
- America don't seem to be one;
- I personally doubt about Le Mans again.

It's like F1 or nothing. And, for the moment, if the situation keeps permanent, a test driver role is all I can see happening.

Edited by highdownforce, 08 July 2010 - 19:32.

#3 mkay

mkay

• 2,506 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:34

IMO, he does not deserve an F1 ride at the moment. However, this could be said for a lot of drivers though, including his teammate.

#4 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,338 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:36

Back to the Le Mans Series is all I can see happen, other than a pointless Klien-style testing role.

#5 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:39

Senna hasn't got IT. He hasn't outdriven his car, something Chandhok did the first time he drove it in qualifying for the first race. Senna had done all the testing and the 3 practice sessions, yet was barely a match for Chandhok. Give that car to Hamilton I'd doubt he'd be half a second quicker.

#6 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,550 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:39

Hanging around F1 for now. He is still signable, Senna has not, thanks to Hispania's general uselessness, been completely awful so there is still possible potential there.

#7 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,550 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:40

Senna hasn't got IT. He hasn't outdriven his car, something Chandhok did the first time he drove it in qualifying for the first race. Senna had done all the testing and the 3 practice sessions, yet was barely a match for Chandhok. Give that car to Hamilton I'd doubt he'd be half a second quicker.

What testing?

#8 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:41

What testing?

Driving it round the car park counts!

#9 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:42

Well he won't go back to GP2 that's for sure.

There were murmurs in Autosport this week that Glock is understood to have talks with Renault about replacing Petrov next season. So who knows, maybe Virgin might come sniffing or the new team (whoever that might be)?

Failing that, back to Le Mans style racing. At least there it's less cut-throat and he can just get on with enjoying driving.

#10 P123

P123

• 23,936 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:42

Merc will probably snap him up for the DTM.

#11 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:56

IMO, he does not deserve an F1 ride at the moment. However, this could be said for a lot of drivers though, including his teammate.

He was very close to both Jenson and Rubens when he tested for Brawn GP. If Brawn did pick him, he would have been a race winner by now and peopel would have viewed him differently.

#12 phil1993

phil1993

• 1,933 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:57

Shelf stacking?

#13 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 19:58

Back to the Le Mans Series is all I can see happen, other than a pointless Klien-style testing role.

He is better than his teammate, so he deserves an other shot, atleast in a bigger team.

#14 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:02

HRT must be in big trouble, if they don't even see the commercial value in having the Senna name as a driver...

#15 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:03

It could be that they'll give random races to Yamamoto, not necesarily for ever.

Anyway, Yamamoto + HRS = A lot of SC.

Give thanks the FIA cleared more the regulations with the SC cuz we are going to need them xDDD

#16 Jedi_F1

Jedi_F1

• 747 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:04

Virgin or Lotus in 2011 perhaps?

I hope he find a seat elsewhere..

he was beating Chandhok in Qualify 6-3

#17 Lights

Lights

• 17,875 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:05

F1 or nothing.

It can't be over already. He hasn't even had a chance to fail yet.

#18 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,985 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:07

Virgin or Lotus in 2011 perhaps?

I hope he find a seat elsewhere..

he was beating Chandhok in Qualify 6-3

hard to imagine him at Virgin with Di Grassi already there.
And Lotus lineup is closed.

#19 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:12

OMG! :eek:

I was surfing the net and when I typed autosport.com, I couldn't believe my eyes at first :lol: . I couldn't believe my eyes and I still can't, for two reasons:

1) Senna was rubbish, ok, but they dropped him without any earlier rumours, without any explanation. That's shocking ! :eek:

2) Senna is replaced by Sakon Yamamoto, SAKON YAMAMOTO !!!! That's even more shocking ! :eek:

And as for the topic:

I think that this is the end of Bruno Senna in F1. Not many will miss him. He was boring, mistakes-prone, slow ...
Frankly, I don't think, he would ever get a seat if not for his surname.

GoodBye, I won't miss you. :wave:

PS. But, ..... why Sakon Yamamoto ??!! :lol: ....

PS2. ... At least it's going to be interesting :smoking:

Advertisement

#20 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:13

I think that this is the end of Bruno Senna in F1. Not many will miss him. He was boring, mistakes-prone, slow ...

How would you know he's boring? You don't know him, you don't know what sort of person he is...

And I think his GP2 performance would suggest otherwise, besides you cannot exactly 'show off' in a HRT.

Edited by D.M.N., 08 July 2010 - 20:14.

#21 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:17

How would you know he's boring? You don't know him, you don't know what sort of person he is...

Boring as a driver :wave: I can't remember anything worth remembering from him. Oh, no .. I can remember him crashing out at the first lap of some (sorry, don't remember which. Maybe it was Malaysia) GP. :rotfl:

We can only compare him with his teammate. He was outscoring Karun in quali (but unfortunatelly for him the battle for P23 is not exciting), but Karun made far better impression in races. This is how I see it.

Edited by TURU, 08 July 2010 - 20:19.

#22 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

The name Senna belongs in Formula 1! This really sux!!!

#23 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

OMG! :eek:

I was surfing the net and when I typed autosport.com, I couldn't believe my eyes at first :lol: . I couldn't believe my eyes and I still can't, for two reasons:

1) Senna was rubbish, ok, but they dropped him without any earlier rumours, without any explanation. That's shocking ! :eek:

2) Senna is replaced by Sakon Yamamoto, SAKON YAMAMOTO !!!! That's even more shocking ! :eek:

And as for the topic:

GoodBye, I won't miss you. :wave:

PS. But, ..... why Sakon Yamamoto ??!! :lol: ....

PS2. ... At least it's going to be interesting :smoking:

Did you even looked how bad that car handles? :rotfl:

Alonso would also be at the back of the grid in that car :wave:

#24 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:18

Boring as a driver :wave: I can't remember anything worth remembering from him. Oh, no .. I can remember him crashing out at the first lap of some (sorry, don't remember which. Maybe it was Malaysia) GP. :rotfl:

It's not like he's driving a Ferrari :p

Just compare the top teams and the slowest teams, they have got very difficult cars.

#25 The Ragged Edge

The Ragged Edge

• 4,435 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:19

Driving for Colin Kolles is a death sentence for any driver. Hispania are a joke and the ousting of Senna, have the paw prints of Kolles all over it.

#26 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,985 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:21

We can only compare him with his teammate. He was outscoring Karun in quali (but unfortunatelly for him the battle for P23 is not exciting), but Karun made far better impression in races. This is how I see it.

How about destroying your car at an FP3?
Or crashing while overtaking your own team mate?
Not seeing the red lights on the pit lane?

#27 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:21

I'm still struggling to see how that makes him as 'boring' - what more do you expect from HRT at the back? Just getting onto the grid was an achievement for them.

Edited by D.M.N., 08 July 2010 - 20:22.

#28 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:22

I have a feeling many people bashing Senna here never watched him prior to F1. As teammates at iSport in GP2, Senna was easily the better, more impressive driver over Chandhok. There was little doubt about it.

And I dont think that suddenly he's out of his depth in F1, either, considering he was very close to *earning* a seat at Brawn last year, after some promising tests.

I think the problem this year might be that the HRT car is so bad, and the team so lousy(relative term here), that its not quite fair to judge him based on this season alone, because there's likely to be many inconsistencies between the cars, both build-wise and setup-wise.

Not saying the guy is a world beater, but I do think he still probably deserves a better shot than he's getting now.

#29 Jean Alesi 90

Jean Alesi 90

• 53 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:24

I hope F1...

#30 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:25

I'm still struggling to see how that makes him as 'boring' - what more do you expect from HRT at the back? Just getting onto the grid was an achievement for them.

This is only my own personal impression. I think that there are many people that share my view on that matter. Maybe the car he was driving eventually killed him (bad for him), maybe not.

#31 domhnall

domhnall

• 1,668 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:28

I reckon we're likely to see a change in testing regulations soon which should give decent opportunities for test drivers. So i reckon you'll see Bruno testing for one of the big teams next year. I think he'll find his way back into a race seat at some stage.

#32 alfista

alfista

• 1,015 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:31

Merc will probably snap him up for the DTM.

To emulate Ralf and DC?

#33 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 6,400 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:33

Senninha the Movie?;)

#34 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:34

I have a feeling many people bashing Senna here never watched him prior to F1. As teammates at iSport in GP2, Senna was easily the better, more impressive driver over Chandhok. There was little doubt about it.

And I dont think that suddenly he's out of his depth in F1, either, considering he was very close to *earning* a seat at Brawn last year, after some promising tests.

I think the problem this year might be that the HRT car is so bad, and the team so lousy(relative term here), that its not quite fair to judge him based on this season alone, because there's likely to be many inconsistencies between the cars, both build-wise and setup-wise.

Not saying the guy is a world beater, but I do think he still probably deserves a better shot than he's getting now.

Recent history shows that, drivers achievements prior to F1 are only vital to get a seat. Once you finally have a seat they count for nothing, because F1 is just incomparable with any other racing series. You can be great in GP2 or any other series, and suck in F1 (see Piquet, Bourdais) and other way round as well - Kamui Kobayashi, who was not so good in GP2 but does quite well in F1. Of course there are also some drivers that are just unlucky to get the most unpleasant seat (see Romain Growjohn :drunk: ). Maybe that's the case with Bruno.

#35 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:35

Recent history shows that, drivers achievements prior to F1 are only vital to get a seat. Once you finally have a seat they count for nothing, because F1 is just incomparable with any other racing series. You can be great in GP2 or any other series, and suck in F1 (see Piquet, Bourdais) and other way round as well - Kamui Kobayashi, who was not so good in GP2 but does quite well in F1. Of course there are also some drivers that are just unlucky to get the most unpleasant seat (see Romain Growjohn :drunk: ). Maybe that's the case with Bruno.

"And I dont think that suddenly he's out of his depth in F1, either, considering he was very close to *earning* a seat at Brawn last year, after some promising tests. "

#36 mkoscevic

mkoscevic

• 681 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:39

The name Senna belongs in Formula 1! This really sux!!!

Best drivers belong in F1.

#37 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,820 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:43

Weird. I don't think he's got "it" either, even in GP2 I felt he was unimpressive, but to be honest how you drive in such a horrible team says nothing about your F1 skills. It's like he has never driven F1 at all, that's how useless driving for one of the new teams is this year.

This whole 'replace by yamamoto' deal looks $-related though.

#38 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:44

Brutal. I disagree that Bruno has had an opportunity to show what he is made of in the HRT. The whole proposition is ridiculous - that goes for Karun also. Bruno found out about this after the media/public from all accounts - and unless it is just a temporary thing - then HRT should be shunned, tarred and feathered. A low life team treating its drivers like dirt, especially one that is looked upon emotionally by fans for his connection to F1 - is probably one of the worst PR gags in F1 - right up there with the very worst of them. From a business standpoint - it would be extremely bad business practice. Let us hope it is just a temporary switch for the practice or the GP.

#39 Tombstone

Tombstone

• 1,392 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 20:48

Ignominious retirement.

Advertisement

#40 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 21:05

He is better than his teammate, so he deserves an other shot, atleast in a bigger team.

In what way exactly?

#41 Onyemaechi

Onyemaechi

• 312 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 21:15

WHAT THE F&)$%^???? :down: WHY!!!!!! :o

Yamomoto is not better than Senna!!! :mad:

AWWWWW!!!! :(

#42 Requin

Requin

• 359 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 21:25

This is a pretty confusing move, considering Senna's sponsors made up most of the HRT's livery. I can wait to read the explanation.

#43 ibf1

ibf1

• 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 21:42

Has Senna been dropped or is he jumping ship to another F1 team?

Regardless of experience or lack of Senna does have a good sponsorship backing something HRT cannot afford to wave good bye to.

Its worth pointing out HRT will only release further details tomorrow - why is that? Maybe thats due to the request of Senna's new team.

If Senna is on the move HRT will properly get a nice financial reward something a small team would desire.

Looking at the Constructor Championship Renault could do with a bit of a push especially with Mercedes not performing well.

As good as he is my money is that Vitaly Petrov will be the first victim to go.

Robert Kubica 83 points

Vitaly Petrov 6 points

#44 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,550 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 21:49

Has Senna been dropped or is he jumping ship to another F1 team?

Regardless of experience or lack of Senna does have a good sponsorship backing something HRT cannot afford to wave good bye to.

Its worth pointing out HRT will only release further details tomorrow - why is that? Maybe thats due to the request of Senna's new team.

If Senna is on the move HRT will properly get a nice financial reward something a small team would desire.

Looking at the Constructor Championship Renault could do with a bit of a push especially with Mercedes not performing well.

As good as he is my money is that Vitaly Petrov will be the first victim to go.

Robert Kubica 83 points

Vitaly Petrov 6 points

Replacing an unproven rookie for.... another unproven rookie?

Wow that's going to make a difference :rolleyes:

#45 baddog

baddog

• 29,734 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 21:57

This is the one thing that annoys me with these little teams.. the muckign about with drivers, which ALWAYS seems to be about money. Im sure this is no different, we will probably find out some sponsor wasnt paying out or something.

#46 SonnyViceR

SonnyViceR

• 1,993 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 21:58

Hopefully he goes back to sportscars, he doesn't need F1 and F1 doesn't need him. I'm sure he can become a very good prototype driver for some bigger factory team.

#47 Guest_4L3X_*

Guest_4L3X_*

Posted 08 July 2010 - 22:00

Very sad. I really enjoyed Senna overtaking Glock at the last race, it was a great move. I was watching his careful approch for laps on my iPad software. Really good move that I could glipse at the tv, and the clueless commentators had no idea what was happening.

Hope he doesn't give up. First HRT to outqualify another team? He is good enough. F*k HRT.

#48 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,008 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 22:00

Why not giving a chance to Christian Klien? He looked promising in Spanish friday practice... Yamamoto wasn t quick in his Super Aguri, Spyker times and don t know, if he will not be a real danger for others in that slow HRT car...

#49 ibf1

ibf1

• 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 22:11

Has Karun Chandhok got any history with the Williams team? I would not be surpised to see him more there soon.

#50 ashnathan

ashnathan

• 5,018 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 22:22

I think Senna has been dumped more than anything. Wouldn't it be a nice surprise if a headline reads "Senna to McLaren 3rd Driver role" tomorrow.