Photo

Peter Wynn-Jones R.I.P.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:17

I have been contacted by a close friend of of amateur racer Peter Wynn-Jones who informs me that Peter has passed away in recent days after a long illness.
The friend of the family Keith Penman, who raced in Eurocar and Porsche 924 Championships himself in more recent times is attempting to research Peter's career in motor sport.
I myself saw Peter race the ex-works Sunbeam Tiger Le Mans in 1968 at Aintree and also a Liverpool Motor Club sprint at the same venue, but don't recollect seeing him race at Oulton Park, or elsewhere. I believe the Tiger to be the car briefly owned by John Scott Davis & Harry O'Brien, them all being Merseysiders.
I myself remember Peter as he lived in my then hometown of Crosby, and drove spectacular road cars (for the day) such as an Aston Martin DB6 and a fabulous Ferrari 275GTB4.
I know Peter was an active member of Aintree Circuit Club but I can find no further information on him in either my archives or on the web. Can anyone on TNF assist Keith with further information or recollections of Peter?