Photo

Barrichello/Schumacher Incident

• Please log in to reply
1903 replies to this topic

#951 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,476 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:27

Michael being in the wrong is not mutually exclusive with Rubens being a whiny little bitch.

He is a whiny bitch, we all know that, in this particular incident he actually has every right to be.

Advertisement

#952 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,338 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:30

:rolleyes:

You people really are ridiculous. You realize if Hamilton had passed the safety car .2 of a second earlier there would be absolutely NO uproar about this at all, because there would have been NO RULE BROKEN. Stop over dramatizing the incident, you act like he passed the car maliciously, then went speeding pell mell through the collision site pancaking marshalls at will on his way to the pits. :drunk:

what a silly post - the FACT IS IT DID HAPPEN - he did break the rule and a serious rule.

Again - this is not having a go at Hamilton, it's having a go at the inconcistencies of the rules

#953 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,476 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:30

speeding pell mell

Absolute respect for getting the phrase Pell Mell into a forum post. :up:

#954 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,476 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:32

what a silly post - the FACT IS IT DID HAPPEN - he did break the rule and a serious rule.

Again - this is not having a go at Hamilton, it's having a go at the inconcistencies of the rules

And he got duly penalized. But you original post was criticizing Hamilton for "racing the safety car" which he had every right to do. The safety car is not ON TRACK until it hits the track line. There was nothing wrong with it other than him reacting and realizing a fraction of a second late and missing getting past the SC by about two metres.

#955 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:37

What always bugs me about this board is one thing happens then out of the blue every single mistake every single driver has ever made gets dragged in to justify the newest mistake somebody else made.

Move on guys, Valencia is over and done with ....

(waiting for Prost/Senna in Suzuka to come up )

#956 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,338 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:44

What always bugs me about this board is one thing happens then out of the blue every single mistake every single driver has ever made gets dragged in to justify the newest mistake somebody else made.

well I for one didn't justify it - I used examples of the stewards inconcistencies this year - they hav b een shocking.

Ricardo -

We can take the rights and wrongs about Lewis to the correct thread if you like, as I totally disagree with you.

I think what LH did was wrong and serious breach, but he's actually not my issue here (in fact I also mentioned other breaches, from other drivers, but you don't worrya bout them as it's not Lewham. - it's the stewards I have an issue with...that infringement deserved far more than a "drive through" which due to how long they had to debate it - was no punishment at all. Again, I'm talking about the stewards here - not lewham.

As I have said numerous times - MS deserved to be punished and I have no probs with the 10 grid penalty at all...

#957 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:51

from other drivers, but you don't worrya bout them as it's not Lewham

Maybe go read the appropriate thread from Valencia if you care about my opinion on the matter, but I promise you it isn't (wasn't) what you assume.

And stewards are people, they are inconsistent at times, IMO Michael was seriously wronged in Monaco but that doesn't mean he should get 20 seconds added on to his Hungaroring time and call it a day. It was dangerous driving, the options stewards have with regards to punishment post race are 3: time added on to the driver's grid time, grid penalty for next race or exclusion from next race(s). As it happens the stewards chose the mid severity punishment, IMO it was apt.

#958 jimm

jimm

• 3,227 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:53

I think we can all probably agree that the rules have been a bit arbitrarily enforced over the years...Part of the issue is that the rules are usually pretty vague...Can interpret that as to allow flexibility in the interpretation for different circumstances or more cynically as a way to manipulate rullings depending on the party in question.

Have to say that so far I like the fact we have not heard Todt's name in any of the recent controversies. A breath of fresh air compared to the previous administration.

#959 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,338 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:59

Maybe go read the appropriate thread from Valencia if you care about my opinion on the matter, but I promise you it isn't (wasn't) what you assume.

was talking to Ricardo regarding that - I clearly wrote "Richardo"

And stewards are people, they are inconsistent at times

sure, just some drivers seem to have consistently got a way with stuff this year due to their inconsistencies ;);)

IMO Michael was seriously wronged in Monaco

Totally agree

but that doesn't mean he should get 20 seconds added on to his Hungaroring time and call it a day

totally agree

It was dangerous driving,

totally agree

the options stewards have with regards to punishment post race are 3: time added on to the driver's grid time, grid penalty for next race or exclusion from next race(s). As it happens the stewards chose the mid severity punishment, IMO it was apt.

agree

so what is your issue with me???

Advertisement

#960 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:02

was talking to Ricardo regarding that - I clearly wrote "Richardo"

so what is your issue with me???

KK my bad, missed it

none whatsoever

#961 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:38

It depends on how black and white people want to be with the rules.

A cop that sits by as someone goes past at 70 in a 60 zone and does nothing, while moments latter pulls someone over for doing 150 while doing a hand brake 360 in the middle of the highway (and talking on the phone at the same time mind you), is actually being inconsistent. Both are braking the law and the cop should get both. But its pretty obvious that while both a braking the law in a black and white sense, the severity of one is obviously inexcusable while the other could be a simple mistake or have a reasonable explanation (Like speeding up to avoid an accident). Likewise, the dick doing the 360 can not possibly be excused based on the fact the one doing 70 got away with it, nor could they claim that its inconsistent since one is an infraction and the other is moronically dangerous.

I actually like the way the FIA has worked this year. It has not chucked out penalty after penalty every race over ridiculous and debatable incidents. But when it was a big one (MS last race) they decided to act. Inconsistent in a black and white sense, but common sense to anyone but the most dimwitted Schumacher apologetic.

#962 Simon Says

Simon Says

• 2,163 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:39

Michael was moving over well before Rubens was alongside. He took that gamble, they were as bad as each other. If you cared to look you'd see that Michael straightened up as Rubens pulled alongside. He could of put him in the wall but didn't, he left enough room.

MS should be banned of F1.

Rubens was alonside MS and MS kept pushing Rubens into the wall, and he almost did touch the wall at 300 km/h. Rubens even had to get on the grass. ( And track is where the white line ends, so MS did push Rubens off the track )

Watch this and tell me if you think Rubens is just as bad.

Edited by Simon Says, 02 August 2010 - 05:40.

#963 Motormedia

Motormedia

• 2,024 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:39

That, and the fact that many board members, at least those who seems knowledgeable about racing, are a lot more consistent in their views than the fan boys (of whatever legion) acknowledge. Instead, we get the same old crap about "where were the critisism when KK did the same to Nakajima"… when in fact a lot of the same people arguing against Schumachers manouver was as upset about what happened then.

#964 dbltop

dbltop

• 1,513 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:35

I don't usually get involved with all the bitchfests after the GPs, but after watching this particular race, If I was Rubens Barrichello, I would find Schumacher and pound the living shit out of him. Then tell him the next time, expect a crash. A big one.

#965 4L3X

4L3X

• 2,013 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:51

Watching it in slow motion...OMG...Schumacher should really say something after seeing the replay. FAST.

NOW I can agree with one of the first posters who said one of the worst near accidents in F1...ever. Cheap Wine Alesi? I've watching F1 since 1979. Now I have to agree.

Sorry Schumacher, you went really low this time in my book. One of the greatest should show some regret, like my mistake, I misjuged, nobody should be doing this, this is not fair racing, etc.

MS should be banned of F1.

Rubens was alonside MS and MS kept pushing Rubens into the wall, and he almost did touch the wall at 300 km/h. Rubens even had to get on the grass. ( And track is where the white line ends, so MS did push Rubens off the track )

Watch this and tell me if you think Rubens is just as bad.

#966 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:04

Schumacher's move was a hard racing move. The stewards deemed it was too hard even if Rubens could have gone left. He received a 10 place grid penalty. Opinions differ on how hard you think it was, but the fact is the stewards deemed it too hard and penalised him accordingly and sufficiently for that. Done.

I think the worst part of the aftermath is dealing with Barrichello's whining. Suggesting Schumacher is going to hell is utterly childish especially as you have categorically and publicly stated you are not going to discuss the event with him. If that is the case your whining ends there and then, but Rubens always has been a baby - even last season.

Pushing someone into the wall has been done several times by numerous drivers, obviously it always comes to a peak when Schumacher does it because that's the reaction he provokes. Ruben's Barrichello's move across back onto the track forcing Schumacher to dive out the way in a split second was nothing shot of an attempt to ram him... quite silly to respond in that manner.

Besides, Schumacher was just unlucky that it was him who made that sort of move first. 100% if Ruben's had been stuck behind Schumacher for a few more laps, you would have seen them both collide and retire with one of Ruben's classic frustrated overtaking moves like we saw time and time again last season when he found himself far behind where he should have been in a car capable of more. And as it was Schumacher has was passing it probably would have been even more desperate and wild than any of his 09 moves.

Great to see Schumacher fighting every inch of the track to defend his position, maybe he did push it a little too far in many peoples eyes, but to be honest if he had left another 1/2 cars length the reaction of everyone would have been exactly the same! If it had been Schumacher chopping Alonso at the start in Germany the reactions would be huge, but it was Vettel... so they weren't. We've all been around long enough to know people react 10x to Schumacher what they would to anyone else...

#967 exmayol

exmayol

• 554 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:12

The limits here weren't the wall and the pitlane... that stuff went way past the limits...

Obviously some armchair experts will never accept that.. especially when the driver who rewrote the record book doesn't either..

Define limits please.

Define armchair expert please.

#968 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:15

Ruben's Barrichello's move across back onto the track forcing Schumacher to dive out the way in a split second was nothing shot of an attempt to ram him... quite silly to respond in that manner.

I though it was an attempt to get back on the track (the track that MS had pushed him off of) and not hit the gutter and grass at 300 kph before the hairpin. The Bastard. :rolleyes:

#969 Motormedia

Motormedia

• 2,024 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:18

Define limits please.

Define armchair expert please.

The white line… Technically that is. Ethically, most drivers would leave a lot more room than that.

#970 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:20

For accident are needed two people(to say equaly "stupid" people). They were there and ready to play. What you expect when no one want to lift his foot. For me they were equally guilty for playing this game. If Rubens was backed off, he have reason to speak and to say Michael was dangerous. But he didn't lift he continue this dangerous move. It is not stupid or dangerous this one who push you , but you are too if you accept to be pushed. And put in dangerous position or situation. They were danger for each other in this situation. Michael push him to the wall, Rubens wanted to ram him just not to cross the grass. If Micheal didn't turn to the left they would be crashed there , and Rubens hitting Michael from right side. Why Rubens just didn't fit the brakes and say: No Michael I am not playing this dangerous and stupid game? He didn't do it and he is not less guilty here. They were two needed for this.

Edited by ivand911, 02 August 2010 - 07:21.

#971 SirSaltire

SirSaltire

• 781 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:22

I though it was an attempt to get back on the track (the track that MS had pushed him off of) and not hit the gutter and grass at 300 kph before the hairpin. The Bastard. :rolleyes:

:up:

#972 as65p

as65p

• 17,294 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:23

... It is not stupid or dangerous this one who push you , but you are too if you accept to be pushed. ...

:lol: :up:

#973 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:24

He could have backed off easily when he had all the space to the right of him after the pit wall ended, no no it was a furious Ruben's doing something very silly in response to something he thought was silly. After you escape what you describe as the worst move ever pulled on you, you don't do that as an instant reaction, very dangerous. Deserves a reprimand.

#974 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:25

For accident are needed two people(to say equaly "stupid" people). They were there and ready to play. What you expect when no one want to lift his foot. For me they were equally guilty for playing this game. If Rubens was backed off, he have reason to speak and to say Michael was dangerous. But he didn't lift he continue this dangerous move. It is not stupid or dangerous this one who push you , but you are too if you accept to be pushed. And put in dangerous position or situation. They were danger for each other in this situation. Michael push him to the wall, Rubens wanted to ram him just not to cross the grass. If Micheal didn't turn to the left they would be crashed there , and Rubens hitting Michael from right side. Why Rubens just didn't fit the brakes and say: No Michael I am not playing this dangerous and stupid game? He didn't do it and he is not less guilty here. They were two needed for this.

You need two people for rape as well. It doesn't make both parties equally guilty.

#975 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,030 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:27

Rubens was half out of the track, and you expect him to continue without tryin to come back into the track? Thats not ramming, thats saving himself from a crash.

There was no way Schumacher could defend his position.

#976 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:28

Rubens was half out of the track, and you expect him to continue without tryin to come back into the track? Thats not ramming, thats saving himself from a crash.

How is the possibility of smashing into another car at 300 kph more appealing than running over the grass? It was clearly Rubens giving some back in a dangerous move.... come on now.

Edited by RedBaron, 02 August 2010 - 07:28.

#977 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:28

He could have backed off easily when he had all the space to the right of him after the pit wall ended, no no it was a furious Ruben's doing something very silly in response to something he thought was silly. After you escape what you describe as the worst move ever pulled on you, you don't do that as an instant reaction, very dangerous. Deserves a reprimand.

Or MS could have given him room as RB had already passed him by then. Why the hell was MS trying to run him into the grass? The wall wasn't bad enough?

#978 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 7,469 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:29

Schumacher's move was a hard racing move. The stewards deemed it was too hard even if Rubens could have gone left. He received a 10 place grid penalty. Opinions differ on how hard you think it was, but the fact is the stewards deemed it too hard and penalised him accordingly and sufficiently for that. Done.

I think the worst part of the aftermath is dealing with Barrichello's whining. Suggesting Schumacher is going to hell is utterly childish especially as you have categorically and publicly stated you are not going to discuss the event with him. If that is the case your whining ends there and then, but Rubens always has been a baby - even last season.

Pushing someone into the wall has been done several times by numerous drivers, obviously it always comes to a peak when Schumacher does it because that's the reaction he provokes. Ruben's Barrichello's move across back onto the track forcing Schumacher to dive out the way in a split second was nothing shot of an attempt to ram him... quite silly to respond in that manner.

Besides, Schumacher was just unlucky that it was him who made that sort of move first. 100% if Ruben's had been stuck behind Schumacher for a few more laps, you would have seen them both collide and retire with one of Ruben's classic frustrated overtaking moves like we saw time and time again last season when he found himself far behind where he should have been in a car capable of more. And as it was Schumacher has was passing it probably would have been even more desperate and wild than any of his 09 moves.

Great to see Schumacher fighting every inch of the track to defend his position, maybe he did push it a little too far in many peoples eyes, but to be honest if he had left another 1/2 cars length the reaction of everyone would have been exactly the same! If it had been Schumacher chopping Alonso at the start in Germany the reactions would be huge, but it was Vettel... so they weren't. We've all been around long enough to know people react 10x to Schumacher what they would to anyone else...

Schumacher took an insane risk with his and several other people's lives, and only just got away with it. People keep saying what's the difference...... Vettel moving over at the start etc.. Well, the difference is approximately 200kph, and in all cases Vettel, and others who have moved over at the start, have always left more than enough room and backed off when it was sensible to do so; Schumacher did not, he could of had no idea just how close Barrichello was to the wall, he knew that he had pushed him completely off the circuit as delineated by the white line leaving Barrichello no option but to continue the move, because had RB braked with the right hand wheels on the shit up against the wall, and the left hand wheels on a better surface, his car would have turned left into the car of Schumacher.

What Schumacher did cannot in any way be justified, but can be explained by Schumacher's sense of inferiority, as he is always behind Senna in any straw poll of the best of the best, and in his mind he's probably thinking "Well, Senna did this sort of thing, so perhaps if I do, they'll finally think I am better than Senna..." Either that or he is a psychopath!

Edited by Buttoneer, 02 August 2010 - 12:21.

#979 pRy

pRy

• 10,924 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:29

I'll throw this out there.. I honestly don't know the answer.. had it been any other driver and not Rubens, would they have backed off? And had it been any other driver other than Schumacher, would Rubens have backed off?

I suppose what I'm saying is.. did this happen because it was a "perfect storm" of Schumacher & Rubens and both let the moment get the better of them.

Edited by pRy, 02 August 2010 - 07:30.

Advertisement

#980 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:31

You need two people for rape as well. It doesn't make both parties equally guilty.

I didn't know that was rape we were watching? Yes but Rubens have choice, where rape victim don't have? But lets stop with this rape thing. It is not such forum.

Edited by ivand911, 02 August 2010 - 07:31.

#981 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

I guess I expected people defending Schumacher for this. But people attacking Barichello for supposedly trying to ram Schumacher? I know standards can drop really really low but that's further than I expected possible. Sheesh.

#982 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Or MS could have given him room as RB had already passed him by then. Why the hell was MS trying to run him into the grass? The wall wasn't bad enough?

Fair point, but the fact is Rubens made a dangerous move in reply. It was an intentional move in anger to hit Schumacher. I'm not saying poor Schumacher at all but Rubens clearly was irrationally dangerous there for a man who had just survived the worst move ever on him, he didn't do much to help.

Running over the grass or hitting another car at high speed... which is more appealing as an outcome? Rubens chose the possibility of hitting another car.

#983 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:34

Running over the grass or hitting another car at high speed... which is more appealing as an outcome? Rubens chose the possibility of hitting another car.

The other car has the opportunity to move. The grass kind of doesn't. Schumacher, I believe, has better ability to direct the movement of his car than grass has the ability to move itself. Well, I suppose yesterday calls that into question a bit so maybe you are right to make this point :up:

#984 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:34

Schumacher's sense of inferiority

Bringing up that Schumacher has a sense of inferiority while Barrichello's name is in the same topic is laughable, Rubens Barrichello has an incredible sense of inferiority, which is partly why this incident happened... let's not get into inferiority haha. pRy is quite right that this was the perfect storm.

#985 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:35

How is the possibility of smashing into another car at 300 kph more appealing than running over the grass? It was clearly Rubens giving some back in a dangerous move.... come on now.

Two responses to the same post :confused: righty oh.

Hitting the gutter straight on at that speed could have sent the car anywhere (and damaged it badly without question even if it kept going straight), and then when on the grass at 300 it again could have gone anywhere.

There is no control on grass at that speed, especially in a car that is that low to the ground, and you think that was the better option? ... come on now.

#986 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:39

Hitting the gutter straight on at that speed could have sent the car anywhere (and damaged it badly without question even if it kept going straight), and then when on the grass at 300 it again could have gone anywhere.

There is no control on grass at that speed, especially in a car that is that low to the ground, and you think that was the better option? ... come on now.

He didn't have to go onto the grass at any speed, he had plenty of time/space from the moment the pit wall ended to drop back behind. Because it was Schumacher... he didn't. Then he made that move back across in a dangerous manner.

Drivers stake to the grass all the time to avoid other cars... clearly the possibility of sliding across the grass is a better option than hitting another car. Rubens chose the possibility of smashing into Schumacher has his better option.

#987 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:40

There was third variant. Rubens pushing the brakes little , Michael pass and Rubens turn behind him and missing the grass. This was the best move there from Rubens(I am not such guy like Michael, and I don't want to go to eden yet). But he didn't do it. This is why he is not better than Michael. He decided on full speed to turn against Michael. Where Michael save the day again.

Edited by ivand911, 02 August 2010 - 07:42.

#988 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,523 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:42

I'll throw this out there.. I honestly don't know the answer.. had it been any other driver and not Rubens, would they have backed off? And had it been any other driver other than Schumacher, would Rubens have backed off?

I suppose what I'm saying is.. did this happen because it was a "perfect storm" of Schumacher & Rubens and both let the moment get the better of them.

That's my take on it too.

Old scores that needed to be settled.A chance for Barri to show he is no less a driver. A chance for Schumi to show him who is still the boss. A clusterf@ck for the rest.

I hope one good thing comes from this : such dangerous maneuvers will be punished. And Webber is next in line and long overdue.

But i also hope that drivers won't get the idea that from now on that if they take the inside, the defending driver will move away under any circumstance. This can open another can of worms.

#989 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,755 posts

what rubens has chosen as a way to get back onto the track is hard racing but is just as stupid as michael's initial move
and just as dangerous
no rules were broken in this case also...

#990 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

I didn't know that was rape we were watching? Yes but Rubens have choice, where rape victim don't have? But lets stop with this rape thing. It is not such forum.

Point it that two people being involved doesn't make both guilty. RB move was legit, and MS nearly caused a massive crash. Its not RB fault for racing within the rules of the sport.

#991 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:45

I get you guys think Schumacher's move was outrageous, fair enough... absolutely. I won't dispute your thoughts on that.

But Barrichello's hot headed reaction was dangerous too, very. He didn't back out even when he could - if he couldn't before due to the pit wall, he defiantly could have well before the grass... avoiding ever having to chop right into Schumacher.

#992 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

He didn't have to go onto the grass at any speed, he had plenty of time/space from the moment the pit wall ended to drop back behind. Because it was Schumacher... he didn't. Then he made that move back across in a dangerous manner.

Drivers stake to the grass all the time to avoid other cars... clearly the possibility of sliding across the grass is a better option than hitting another car. Rubens chose the possibility of smashing into Schumacher has his better option.

They were side by side. Rubens is entitled to a car's width of room. With Schumacher no longer ahead, he has no right to dictate that Rubens must go over the grass. If he hadn't moved, his already illegal move would have been worse.

So Rubens moved over (rightly) expecting Schumacher to move. And thankfully Schumacher did do the right thing for the first time in this incident.

#993 Rocket73

Rocket73

• 1,472 posts

Michael was moving over well before Rubens was alongside. He took that gamble, they were as bad as each other. If you cared to look you'd see that Michael straightened up as Rubens pulled alongside. He could of put him in the wall but didn't, he left enough room.

Wrong - michael chose his line to defend and that was the middle of the track. Once Rubens was alongside he then moves over and then more pushing him into the wall. If the wall hadn't ended then it would have been an almighty crash with the very definite possiblity of a serious hospital visit and entirely schumacher's fault...

The only reason schumacher then 'appears' to give him some room is when he is going back to the racing line for the next corner.

It's amazing how (i don't mean you in particular marchi) schumacher fans seem to be able to defend ANYTHING the man does, from rascasse to this. Apparently it's all 'OK'......

#994 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:48

But Barrichello's hot headed reaction was dangerous too, very. He didn't back out even when he could - if he couldn't before due to the pit wall, he defiantly could have well before the grass... avoiding ever having to chop right into Schumacher.

It wasn't hot headed and it was only dangerous because Schumacher made it so. Every move Barichello did was within the rules of racing. He is not required to back out because the guy in front is breaking the rules and making it more dangerous for everyone. Not backing out doesn't mean he gets any of the blame for the situation being dangerous when every move he made was 100% legit.

You are basically arguing that everyone must act like a complete wimp around Schumacher or it's their fault equally if Schumacher's shocking driving makes things dangerous.

#995 Rocket73

Rocket73

• 1,472 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:49

what rubens has chosen as a way to get back onto the track is hard racing but is just as stupid as michael's initial move
and just as dangerous
no rules were broken in this case also...

jesus christ are you serious? rubens was just trying to avoid going off the damn track on to the grass and having a crash.
open you eyes to the reality of the situation mike!

#996 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:49

They were side by side. Rubens is entitled to a car's width of room. With Schumacher no longer ahead, he has no right to dictate that Rubens must go over the grass. If he hadn't moved, his already illegal move would have been worse.

So Rubens moved over (rightly) expecting Schumacher to move. And thankfully Schumacher did do the right thing for the first time in this incident.

Nonsense. Barrichello should have backed off the moment the pit wall ended.

If he thought being pushed up against the pit wall was that dangerous and that Schumacher was risking his life... as soon as you have the opportunity you would remove yourself from that situation. Barrichello did not, he kept in there until he had 2 options, run over the grass or swerve into Schumacher and hope he'll jump out the way to avoid a 300kph crash.

He chose: swerve into Schumacher.

#997 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,755 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:50

mate, the best and smartest way to avoid was lift and slot in behind

yes, I said it a lot of times, michael's initial move was too hard and stupid.
this move on rubens wasn't smarter either. his accelerator was not stuck wide open, that's the point

#998 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:50

Point it that two people being involved doesn't make both guilty. RB move was legit, and MS nearly caused a massive crash. Its not RB fault for racing within the rules of the sport.

Yes but sometimes there are both guilty. If someone threaten your live to say with gun what you do: go toward him or you run? Rubens didn't run. He walk against the gun. Stupid if you ask me. You can't say anything after that, he accepted the game and the outcome(if there was such). Yes ,he walk toward the gun ,because he have gun too. :) But this don't make him victim here.

Edited by ivand911, 02 August 2010 - 07:54.

#999 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,009 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:51

Not at 300kph, and not after driving through a gutter that would have sent the car flying. How is this even debatable?

There was third variant. Rubens pushing the brakes little , Michael pass and Rubens turn behind him and missing the grass. This was the best move there from Rubens(I am not such guy like Michael, and I don't want to go to eden yet). But he didn't do it. This is why he is not better than Michael. He decided on full speed to turn against Michael. Where Michael save the day again.

Oh my goodness :eek:

This has gone from blaming RB for trying to pass, to blaming RB for rejoining the track, to praising MS for avoiding an accident. This is beyond taking the piss :down:

Advertisement

#1000 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,788 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:51

mate, the best and smartest way to avoid was lift and slot in behind

yes, I said it a lot of times, michael's initial move was too hard and stupid.
this move on rubens wasn't smarter either. his accelerator was not stuck wide open, that's the point

:up: +1