Barrichello/Schumacher Incident

• Please log in to reply
1903 replies to this topic

#1501 man

man

• 1,302 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 15:46

lol

Senna was 7 years younger than Schumi when he died and has no spine/neck injuries before.

PS:

92: Senna 50-Berger49

Senna was 7 years younger when he died than M Schumacher is now. Hmm ok...your point is?

Senna obtained 50 points in the 1992 season and Berger 49 points. Ok. :confused:

Edited by man, 03 August 2010 - 15:46.

Advertisement

#1502 RC127

RC127

• 929 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 15:52

Good essay on Schumacher's return here http://joesaward.wor...umacher-retire/

#1503 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,818 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 15:53

Ok, can we try and move away from debating the details of older events and drivers and get back to the Barrichello/Schumacher incident from last weekend.

#1504 Motormedia

Motormedia

• 2,024 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 15:54

2 things,

Firstly you obviously don't know the track and what drivers do there, it is a very high speed part where they go onto the banking and there is but one line.

Rubbish! Other videos clearly shows drivers enter that corner from all sorts of positions on the straight. As with any other corner you can have tight or wide entry. Nothing unique with the Parabolica. Von Trips moved over. Perhaps other drivers would have had more foresight than Clark had (and some others would never even have considered the move von Trips made), given the dangers involved in racing in those days, but he didn't do anything wrong. He held his line, von Trips didn't.

#1505 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 15:54

Good essay on Schumacher's return here http://joesaward.wor...umacher-retire/

Good as in "filled with crap" because he is "not really a big fan of Schumacher"?

#1506 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:01

Ok, can we try and move away from debating the details of older events and drivers and get back to the Barrichello/Schumacher incident from last weekend.

I thought we were going to start putting up pics of our hot wives. I'm up for it. :smoking:

#1507 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,395 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:01

Senna was 7 years younger when he died than M Schumacher is now. Hmm ok...your point is?

Senna obtained 50 points in the 1992 season and Berger 49 points. Ok. :confused:

Most drivers are in their decline in their late-30s, Schumacher's in his 40s while Senna died in his mid-30s.

Doesn't really matter though. Both were and are drity drivers and both sould be condemned for their actions.

#1508 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:07

Firstly you obviously don't know the track and what drivers do there

I work on F1 simulators for a living genius. :smoking:

#1509 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 9,131 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:09

I think Warwick should shut up now.

#1510 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,165 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:16

I think journalists asking Warwick questions about the black flag issue should shut up now.

Fixed.

#1511 Lada Lover

Lada Lover

• 4,112 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:18

What if th helicopter was going down but RB's tire deflected it away from the grandstand. MS is a hero.

#1512 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:21

Good as in "filled with crap" because he is "not really a big fan of Schumacher"?

Presumably then only a fan of Schumacher can write a good essay? :confused:

#1513 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:23

Presumably then only a fan of Schumacher can write a good essay? :confused:

So you missed the factual wrong comments or the completely biased opinions on some situations involving Michael?

#1514 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:26

So you missed the factual wrong comments or the completely biased opinions on some situations involving Michael?

I take it you think the FIA stewards at Hungary were biased also?

#1515 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:28

Yes, that's shown by the comment starting this thread.

I'm not commenting on JS take on Hungary. But that article is about MSC's entire year and some comments on his entire career. And it's full of BS and bias.

And you should read JS replies to the comments on the blog. Hilarity ensues.

Edited by Diablobb81, 03 August 2010 - 16:30.

#1516 metz

metz

• 9,755 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:31

We fans could have been given an interesting situation.
As AMuS reports, Michael's penalty was lenient.
Had Schumacher's penalty been one notch higher, a ban for 1 or 2 races, we would have seen Heidfeld in the cockpit for those races.
A Rosberg/Heidfeld comparison would have been very interesting.
Particularly if Nick was faster than Nico, an unlikely scenario, given lack of practice.
But that would give Ross something to think about.

#1517 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:32

I'm not commenting on JS take on Hungary. But that article is about MSC's entire year and some comments on his entire career. And it's full of BS and bias.

And you should read JS replies to the comments on the blog. Hilarity ensues.

Erm....I asked you if you thought the Stewards were Biased, and you said the above....So I went to check the first post. And its from you. and you said

"Yep. penalty for Schumi. "

Explain to me how you think this expresses your belief that the FIA stewards were biased? Neither stewards nor the FIA are mentioned in your thread title or first post.

Edited by SimMaker, 03 August 2010 - 16:33.

#1518 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,818 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:34

Just want to point out that a lot of posts were merged into this one from other topics so the first post may not belong to the thread starter and you may not get a sensible answer to that question SimMaker.

#1519 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:35

Just want to point out that a lot of posts were merged into this one from other topics so the first post may not belong to the thread starter and you may not get a sensible answer to that question SimMaker.

Ahh, righto.

Sorry Diablo, I got seriously confused there.

Can you state what your original post said please?

Cheers

Advertisement

#1520 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:36

Erm....I asked you if you thought the Stewards were Biased, and you said the above....So I went to check the first post. And its from you. and you said

"Yep. penalty for Schumi. "

Explain to me how you think this expresses your belief that the FIA stewards were biased? Neither stewards nor the FIA are mentioned in your thread title or first post.

When did i say that the stewards were biased?

You asked me first if i think that the stewards were biased. Based on the fact that i already said that MSC deserved a penalty (the moment the pass was made) how can you possibly conclude that i think the stewards are biased? Th move was wrong, the penalty was right. I might have had an issue with a black flag, but that is another story and completely irrelevant.

I should have been more clear : my comments a few posts ago were only about JS blog post.

Edited by Diablobb81, 03 August 2010 - 16:40.

#1521 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:41

When did i say that the stewards were biased?

You asked me first if i think that the stewards were biased. Based on the fact that i already said that MSC deserved a penalty (the moment the pass was made) how can you possibly conclude that i think the stewards are biased? Th move was wrong, the penalty was right. I might have had an issue with a black flag, but that is another story and completely irrelevant.

I should have been more clear : my comments a few posts ago were only about JS blog post.

Read 6 posts above....post 1515

I asked you:

"I take it you think the FIA stewards at Hungary were biased also?"

And you said.

"Yes, that's shown by the comment starting this thread."

Edited by SimMaker, 03 August 2010 - 16:43.

#1522 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,556 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:44

Read 6 posts above....post 1515

I asked you:

"I take it you think the FIA stewards at Hungary were biased also?"

And you said.

Sarcasm is hard to show on a forum. A smiley would have helped.

So to end it : the stewards were not biased and my comment about bias was only made about JS.

Sorry about the confusion. You see, MSC is a good example : i learned to apologise. :)

Edited by Diablobb81, 03 August 2010 - 16:46.

#1523 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• 4,460 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:48

Secondly, it's not that relevant to my point, his fault or not why isn't Clark's incident ever mentioned anywhere but every single Schumacher incident is. Thats my point relevent to this thread, the reporting of Schumacher is biased. Read that Times scorecard again for all 3 drivers, if you can't see bias thats your parogative.

If you are referring to the article you quoted earlier, the difference between Clark's incident (singular) and Schumacher's incidents (plural) is that one was an accident and the others were deliberate.

#1524 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:49

If I can chime in, then strictly speaking whilst I cannot speak about stewards, as I know nothing about them (I did not research that subject), but I do know something about fourth counselor, driver's aid. He is on the record for years denouncing Schumacher on almost all of his driving; thus probability exists, that in court of law he would be excluded from sitting in jury box for concerns being bias. I should add that I do not know if he was bias in Hungary and this particular decision, but reasonable doubt exists that he could had been.

Everything against Schumacher has its edge; the man operates on edge for years, why we would be surprised by it now? I also know for fact he is not the only F1 driver in history, who created tight situations on the track, but he is judged differently, because his name is Schumacher and some people still cannot get over Hill and JV accidents.

Edited by Sakae, 03 August 2010 - 16:51.

#1525 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:52

Sarcasm is hard to show on a forum. A smiley would have helped.

So to end it : the stewards were not biased and my comment about bias was only made about JS.

Sorry about the confusion. You see, MSC is a good example : i learned to apologise. :)

Lol, no worries friend. I'm sorry too.

Speaking of Bias, do you get UK BBC commentary (or was it on Top Gear's Senna lookback?) I'm thinking of Brundle. In it he said something like one of Sennas strengths, was his attitude to other cars. He said words to the effect that Senna would put another driver in the position of "If you try and pass me, there will be a crash" thus leaving the decision to the other driver, this was demonstrated with I think F2 footage, showing Sennas car on Martins head.

But then he goes to slate MSC for his similar moves. That was pretty two faced in my view. But MSC does stir peoples emotions. :)

I geussa a death can do a lot for someones views on a past competitor. For in Senna he seems to admire it, but for sure he does not in Schumacher.

Edited by SimMaker, 03 August 2010 - 16:53.

#1526 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:53

Not sure how a comment can be factual wrong. :confused:

I was referring to your inference that only a fan of Schumacher could write a good essay.

#1527 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,818 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 16:57

If I can chime in, then strictly speaking whilst I cannot speak about stewards, as I know nothing about them (I did not research that subject), but I do know something about fourth counselor, driver's aid. He is on the record for years denouncing Schumacher on almost all of his driving; thus probability exists, that in court of law he would be excluded from sitting in jury box for concerns being bias. I should add that I do not know if he was bias in Hungary and this particular decision, but reasonable doubt exists that he could had been.

There were three other stewards. Plenty enough to have overruled Warwick had he been a lone voice, so I can't see that your comment on 'possibility' or 'reasonable doubt' has any relevance, especially in light of Schumacher ultimately agreeing and apologising for the move.

#1528 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,465 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:06

Lol, no worries friend. I'm sorry too.

Speaking of Bias, do you get UK BBC commentary (or was it on Top Gear's Senna lookback?) I'm thinking of Brundle. In it he said something like one of Sennas strengths, was his attitude to other cars. He said words to the effect that Senna would put another driver in the position of "If you try and pass me, there will be a crash" thus leaving the decision to the other driver, this was demonstrated with I think F2 footage, showing Sennas car on Martins head.

But then he goes to slate MSC for his similar moves. That was pretty two faced in my view. But MSC does stir peoples emotions. :)

I geussa a death can do a lot for someones views on a past competitor. For in Senna he seems to admire it, but for sure he does not in Schumacher.

What Brundle said was in relation to Senna doing the passing. Basically, that Senna would only half-complete the pass, and then expect the other driver to jump out of the way or crash. So it's the opposite of Schumacher in this situation.

#1529 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:06

Equally, stories about biased FIA stewards are nothing new. Or at other FIA arbitrary bodies. The WMSC case with Renault springs to mind. And the term Ferrari International Asstistance was coined for a reason :)

Also, while its true there are three other stewards, it could well be that the celeb status of Warwick had a direct or indirect influence in the agreement on any further penalty.

Who was it that suggested the black flag penalty? Warwick or one of the others? That he dont say.

And why are ex-drivers with little or no knowledge about a penal system, allowed to be on equal foot with other stewards who presumably are way more experienced?

Im not saying Schumachers penalty was unjust but these questions do bother me. Ive been less than happy the way that new steward system works this year. Its far from transparant.

Edited by JackTorrance, 03 August 2010 - 17:10.

#1530 Lada Lover

Lada Lover

• 4,112 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:14

I'm satisfied with the penalty. My first reactioon is a ban but considering the past penalties a 5 place grid penalty would be enough. It just tells MS to have some respect for the other drivers. No harm no foul.

#1531 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,767 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:14

I was merely adding to the series of questionable MS Paintjobs in this thread. I'll make my sarcasm more obvious for you next time ;)

I did miss it. I am sorry.

Maybe you could bold your period in the future just for me so I know it's sarcasm. :rotfl:

Edited by Watkins74, 03 August 2010 - 17:15.

#1532 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:15

http://www.pitpass.c...es_art_id=41719

For his part, Warwick, who contested 162 Grands Prix over 11 seasons, refused to join in the general baying for Schumacher's head. "Let's not forget he has won 91 races and seven world titles," he said "He is a great champion, a legend, and is up there with the greatest and we need to give him time. He has been three years out of the car and come back alongside Nico Rosberg who has done a great job."

yeah he really hates the guy doesn't he?

#1533 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:26

I understand what you are saying anassi,but you are taking a bunch of words and making a large assumption about a persons personality.

I am taking their whole careers in F1 into notice and then making assumptions about their personalities. I would say those two guys are having trouble admitting guilt. Another one to join this group is Sebastian Vettel, sadly. I hope Sebastian comes back down to Earth soon.

#1534 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:51

http://www.pitpass.c...es_art_id=41719

yeah he really hates the guy doesn't he?

Well, read my post again. I have merely assessing potential for Warwick's bias, and reasonable grounds exist that he should have excused himself based on history with Schumacher. That would have been honorable thing to do, I take it, but, that's not what happened.

I do not care about PR headlines masking nucleus of the issue, that in marginal call stewards do look at him to make a call. That's why he is in, isn't he? Once he says I love Schumacher, but this deserves death penalty, how much it takes to sway the others? I have no time to study all precedents, but I am very suspicious, that this is probably very first one of its kind issued against a driver, especially there was no contact initiated by Schumacher.

The only wheel banging was there after separation, and when RB in anger hit Schumacher's car. Ross Brown doesn't see this driving by Michael as a fault condition, and neither do I. F1 is becoming really strange place to be these days.

Edited by Sakae, 03 August 2010 - 17:52.

#1535 Rubens Hakkamacher

Rubens Hakkamacher

• 1,567 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:56

Technically speaking, the "track" ends where the white line is, correct?

#1536 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 17:59

2 things,

Firstly you obviously don't know the track and what drivers do there, it is a very high speed part where they go onto the banking and there is but one line. The drivers brake a little and they all need to be clear of each other, Von Trips who was in front was always going to come over to the line onto the banking. Von Trips back wheel hit Clarks front wheel, he was in front. It is not a place to attempt a pass under any circumstance.

Check at about 1:10 onwards. Please be aware that there are some very disturbing images in this clip.

Clearly the 4th car (immediately ahead of the accident) was not using the same line and was attempting a pass. If you look further down the field you can see several other cars on the inside of the track looking for passing opportunities too. Look to at the rubber on the entrance to the bend - the line laid down is substantially wider than a single car. Sorry, what you are saying is not what is shown on that clip.

I cannot believe MS is not aware of the details of that accident and it's consequences which makes his behaviour that much more abhorrent.

#1537 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 18:08

I watched the post race press conference at Adelaide 1994, where Schumacher sat next to Brundle, Mansell and Berger. All of them said Schumacher deserved to be champion considering the whole season. Schumacher then spoke about his animosity with Hill, and said he probably shouldnt have said some things about Hill during the course of the season, he regretted the war of words and said that he was sorry for his comments. He then said that he wanted to give the championship to Senna, and that he never considered himself to be better than Ayrton.

It was pretty humble from a man who can do so many ruthless moves on the track.

I think people shouldnt judge him too harshly. hes only human. He has an introspective ability.

This move on Rubens, who made millions and millions because of Michael, happened so fast its useless going into the still pictures. He moved too far and got a penalty. Next day he apologised and people should be big enough to say fair enough, case closed.

Edited by JackTorrance, 03 August 2010 - 18:10.

#1538 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 5,767 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 18:10

I watched the post race press conference at Adelaide 1994, where Schumacher sat next to Brundle, Mansell and Berger. All of them said Schumacher deserved to be champion considering the whole season. Schumacher then spoke about his animosity with Hill, and said he probably shouldnt have said some things about Hill during the course of the season, he regretted the war of words and said that he was sorry for his comments. He then said that he wanted to give the championship to Senna, and that he never considered himself to be better than Ayrton.

It was pretty humble from a man who can do so many ruthless moves on the track.

I think people shouldnt judge him too harshly. hes only human. He has an introspective ability.

This move on Rubens, who made millions and millions because of Michael, happened so fast its useless going into the still pictures. He moved too far and got a penalty. Next day he apologised and people should be big enough to say fair enough, case closed.

:up:

Well said.

#1539 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 18:11

Racing is inherently by its nature a dangerous sport. If you want to sanitize it, than we have to ban F1 and race goats instead.

Several races back on the start Kubica moved to block Nico R., and in process pushed him very close to the wall. We were na iota apart from a masacre on the grid, had there been a contact, whilst car accelerating from back would pile up onto each other, maybe even stray off the track. It was no news, nobody said anything, no headlines, no outcry, no reprimand, no penalty; Kubica is not Schumacher, and could perhaps that made the difference?

Edited by Sakae, 03 August 2010 - 18:12.

Advertisement

#1540 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 18:19

Racing is inherently by its nature a dangerous sport. If you want to sanitize it, than we have to ban F1 and race goats instead.

Several races back on the start Kubica moved to block Nico R., and in process pushed him very close to the wall. We were na iota apart from a masacre on the grid, had there been a contact, whilst car accelerating from back would pile up onto each other, maybe even stray off the track. It was no news, nobody said anything, no headlines, no outcry, no reprimand, no penalty; Kubica is not Schumacher, and could perhaps that made the difference?

There is no need to make it more dangerous than it already is though.

Goat racing is probably not for me - although I suspect there may be the odd goat or two out there that could out-run the HRTs......

I think all these silly chop manouvres need to be cut out. Schumacher is certainly not the only one who has been guilty of it - however the potential for a serious accident in this one was probably somewhat higher than most.

#1541 TURU

TURU

• 2,786 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 18:25

I must admit that I quite enjoyed their fight, but after a thought I must say that Schumacher went too far, it could have ended in tears.

@Sakae

And you still talking about Kubica. It must be some kind of obsession. :drunk:

#1542 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 19:13

lol

If you watch this picture, in this point they left the end of the wall. Look the shadows...

The truth is on that point, where Schumi's right tyre was closest to the wall, the distance between the wall and the Mercedes was about 230-240 cm. The Williams is 180cm wide, so Bari has about 60 cm free space, which was tight, but enough.

That is racing.

20-25 years ago nobody would have cared about this...

Mostly because, nobody would dare to try it as an accident doing that would have resulted in a sure los of life back then, today, you can say it could be survivable if the car doesn't land in an unsafe spot flying through the pitlane. But, what would protect the people in the pitlane?

It's a dangerous maneuvre for any era, just think if a car would have been coming out of the pits, unilkely of course, as only 5 laps left, but regardless.

#1543 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 19:16

[quote name='Sakae' date='Aug 3 2010, 18:11' post='4528134']

Several races back on the start Kubica moved to block Nico R., and in process pushed him very close to the wall. We were na iota apart from a masacre on the grid, had there been a contact, whilst car accelerating from back would pile up onto each other, maybe even stray off the track. It was no news, nobody said anything, no headlines, no outcry, no reprimand, no penalty; Kubica is not Schumacher, and could perhaps that made the difference?"

Well, since it's dangerous and all, why don't we race without helmets, or firesuits, or even hans devices. Heck, we're all going to die anyway.... Heck, if you go take a dump in the bathroom, why wipe yourself, you're only going to get dirty again next time you go to make a doodie, right? lol

Edited by Birelman, 03 August 2010 - 19:17.

#1544 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,509 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 21:22

Schumacher then spoke about his animosity with Hill, and said he probably shouldnt have said some things about Hill during the course of the season, he regretted the war of words and said that he was sorry for his comments.

pity then that he continued to make them for the next for or five years isn't it?

Rubens made millions because he drove for Ferrari, as did Berger and Alesi before him, nothing to do with Schumacher.

As for your final point, you do realise don't you that the only reason this thread has lasted 40 pages is because of the relentless amounts of rubbish talked by his 'defenders'. If you're going to try and defend the indefensible then people are going to engage you in debate.

#1545 Absulute

Absulute

• 874 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 21:56

http://wp.me/pSipv-M

#1546 frp

frp

• 352 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 22:13

I have merely assessing potential for Warwick's bias, and reasonable grounds exist that he should have excused himself based on history with Schumacher.

Sakae - what is this history between Warwick and Schumacher to which you refer?

#1547 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 22:44

Well, read my post again. I have merely assessing potential for Warwick's bias, and reasonable grounds exist that he should have excused himself based on history with Schumacher. That would have been honorable thing to do, I take it, but, that's not what happened.

can see what your saying but if the drivers stewards had to excuse themselves because of their personal views/history on schumi there wouldn't be many (any) left!!!

A bit OT but when I watched the race again you can clearly see how biased brundle really is against schumi. I knew he wasn't his fave person, but in the build up to barrichello overtake you could hear him really rooting for barichello to get it done. haha he wanted it soooo badly.

#1548 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 23:13

I am lost over criteria that were applied for rendered judgment.

On what precedent, and which rule was contravened?

What comments by Warwick really mean, when he states: "new stewards will not tolerate such driving" or something to that effect.

I am asking then, what about these "new stewards"? Did we fire all old ones? Has FIA issued new guidelines which I haven't read? It's possible.

Then accidentally I came across a statement made by one of the stewards who was working last race, and I dare to say if FIA is worth a nickel, this man should never work on races again, and his ethics should be investigated. Well, thats' what I would do.

I do not want to hyperlink the interview for my privacy reasons, but I am telling the truth, that in the interview he was laughing at Schumacher that he was looking innocent, but "we have showed him", that there will be no repeats of past (implying Jerez and Adel.). So what I get out of this is, that this particular individual shafted Schumacher this time, because over the years MS was looking too many times innocent and he (with his friends and fellow stewards) was going to give him a lesson.

Wow, what a jurisprudence masterpiece.

I am scare and also disinterested to follow on what the others said. To me it's a joke. Joke at the same level when Brundle declared to whole world that Schumacher parking Ferrari in Monaco was intentional, and deliberate, without having slightest clue about true condition of the equipment. That was not important? I would be interested to know more.

On positive side, Michael has truly arrived again, and his "friends" have something to talk about while drinking warm beer. Cheers!

#1549 MPea3

MPea3

• 2,144 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 23:26

Technically speaking, the "track" ends where the white line is, correct?

Yes unless you believe faceless experts on internet forums. Some here seem to think the track extends to whatever you might hit, otherwise their "he gave him enough room" argument would be as bogus as... it is.

One of the other talking points that keeps getting repeated is the idea that MS didn't break any "rule" or do anything "illegal". Of course there's no rule that says you can't run someone off the track against a wall. I suppose that the rulemakers never considered that they needed it. I'm rather appalled that any fool thinks that rule should have to be put into place in the first place.

Still, MS apologized and it's over and done. Now we can all sit around and speculate on what the next crisis in F1 will be. Gee, team orders seem like a long time ago now.

#1550 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 00:01

Sakae - what is this history between Warwick and Schumacher to which you refer?

I have to apologize, but I was going to respond with hyperlink to a quote; problem and simple fact is, I can't find it. I do not keep track of those things, and its many years back, when Warwick was very outspoken, when critiquing Schumacher on a few occassions. Then I lost track of him. Forming an opinion alone is of course not a crime, however he is a semi-public figure, his words have impact on large audience, and I was not really impressed because comments were related to events judged on circumstantial evidence only.

While I do realize that FIA officials have limited time to render their judgment, I am not impressed by any proclamations of absolute conclusions based on perhaps what is at best weak or flimsy evaluation not worth a traffic ticket; but, that's how F1 occasionally operates.

It's therefore more of my memory recollection of him not projecting himself as being neutral mind when it came to general issues with this driver, than a single quote. Negative tone in Hungary merely triggered some memories, now quite in distant past.