Photo

Barrichello/Schumacher Incident

• Please log in to reply
1903 replies to this topic

#1701 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 14:51

How can people not understand the basic driving rules that MS broke.

1: You can not reactively block another car. That is you can not look in your mirror and move in a way that positions your car in response to the overtakers car. You can choose your line and stick to it, but you can not choose your line in reaction to the car behind choosing their line. MS was clearly looking in his mirror and changing the position of his car in response to the movements of RB. Its blocking and its illegal.

what do you mean? you can chose your line at any point in time, obviously not after a car is already there
but other than that what on earth does that mean "not reactively" it's defensive, it can be reactive, it's not blocking as long as it's 1 move
Count how many moves "clean and gentleman driver" Damon makes here

2: You can not slowly drive diagonally across the track. You can pick a line on the outside, middle, inside etc, but you must get in that position and then drive straight. You can not start on the outside and slowly over several seconds move diagonally across the track to the inside. It completely blocks the track as very rarely will an overtaking car have enough speed to make the pass before you have squished them to the side of the track, leaving them to brake or crash. It has the same effect as weaving, as the overtaking car can not dash past before you have covered their part of the track. (Hence why RB nearly ended up in the wall)

if it has the same effect as weaving why wasn't it treated like weaving was?
just curious, you are the one saying it's the same, not me. we've got weaving a few months ago and it was breaking a tow and a warning...
from my point of view you can drive whatever line you want as long as you leave a car's width between you and the white line to somebody that already is there (which ms obviously didn't leave)

3: What can often be a natural result of the two violations above is in effect not changing your line once, but gradually choosing multiple lines as the car moves across the track. Instead of moving from line A to line B (and therefor being one change of line), the practice of responding to the car behind can lead to faster and slower changes of direction creating several different lines between A and B as the car moves to the right, then more to the right, then a bit more right, then a lot more right etc. Just because a car is moving in only 1 direction does not make it only 1 change of line. Going right and left is two changes or line, but going right then more right is still two changes.

this is extremely difficult to police and was never applied this way.

3 driving violations and he hasn't even got to the wall yet. :rolleyes:

all these 3 are very debatable in the context of what was allowed in f1 racing until now

ms left it too late and rubens wanted to prove a point. ok, case closed, point proven etc
the only thing is that in future the same type of offence will be punished the same way...but I fear it will not and we will get some excuses like
-crowding outside the track is ok, there was no wall there
-the wall is there but the speed was smaller
-he has given 10cm more than ms has, it doesn't matter that the speed was the same
-his name is not ms

Advertisement

#1702 britishtrident

britishtrident

• 1,954 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 14:52

If Schumacher hadn't held his line, what everyone would be talking about would be how Rubens owned him and how he'd lost his edge.

Snip

Not really since the start of the season Schumacher's stunning lack of performance compared to his team mate has been discussed at length in other threads on this and countless other forums and news groups around the "Interweb".

Edited by britishtrident, 05 August 2010 - 14:53.

#1703 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,013 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 15:09

what do you mean? you can chose your line at any point in time, obviously not after a car is already there
but other than that what on earth does that mean "not reactively" it's defensive, it can be reactive, it's not blocking as long as it's 1 move

It means you can not look in your mirror and move your car in response to their car. In practice that means looking to see if they move to the right, and when they do, you move to the right as well to get in their way. It's blocking. The one move rule does not cover that.

if it has the same effect as weaving why wasn't it treated like weaving was?
just curious, you are the one saying it's the same, not me. we've got weaving a few months ago and it was breaking a tow and a warning...
from my point of view you can drive whatever line you want as long as you leave a car's width between you and the white line to somebody that already is there (which ms obviously didn't leave)

The same effect as weaving like getting hit in the head with a baseball bat has the same effect as getting hit in the head with a brick. Weaving blocks the road as the other car can not dart passed before you chop them off. Diagonally driving across the track has the same effect as the overtaking car will get chopped off before they can get passed.

all these 3 are very debatable in the context of what was allowed in f1 racing until now

ms left it too late and rubens wanted to prove a point. ok, case closed, point proven etc
the only thing is that in future the same type of offence will be punished the same way...but I fear it will not and we will get some excuses like
-crowding outside the track is ok, there was no wall there
-the wall is there but the speed was smaller
-he has given 10cm more than ms has, it doesn't matter that the speed was the same
-his name is not ms

Multiple tiny line changes across the track, diaginally driving across the track, and changing line in reaction to the car behind is not allowed in motorsport. This is not because it was MS, and this type of driving does not happen so often that its cosidered ok.

#1704 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 16:06

Can't you guys admit that it was simply old school F1 guys racing hard and Rubens came off best in the end? Though out of the cockpit he's a new age whiner :lol:

Edited by Henrytheeigth, 05 August 2010 - 16:06.

#1705 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 16:10

How can people not understand the basic driving rules that MS broke.

Add Ross Brawn to that group.

#1706 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 16:27

Cheating and lying then treating your competitors like shit, still seems to go down well with schumacher fans I see. With fans like those he will never have trouble putting food on the table.

#1707 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 16:31

Can't you guys admit that it was simply old school F1 guys racing hard and Rubens came off best in the end? Though out of the cockpit he's a new age whiner :lol:

In old school hard F1 racing, there would have been no need for the lies and guilty look.

#1708 BRG

BRG

• 11,907 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 16:37

In old school hard F1 racing, there would have been no need for the lies and guilty look.

In old school hard F1 racing, someone would have pushed Schumacher's teeth down his throat year ago.

#1709 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 16:54

I find this thread amazingly amusing! Thanks folks!

#1710 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 16:58

In old school hard F1 racing, someone would have pushed Schumacher's teeth down his throat year ago.

LMAO - you imagine what would have happened had he pulled that one on Jones or Piquet Snr....

#1711 akc42

akc42

• 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 18:02

A clearer picture from incident.
http://www.jamesalle...a-clearer-view/
I think Rubens have enough space here?

I think the problem with that on its own is that it doesn't tell all the story. I put together this montage from the BBC video, in time sequence top-left, top-right,bottom-left,bottom-right. Even in the first shot Rubens is almost along side. By the second shot he is alongside, and as you can see, Rubens left tyre is almost on the white line denoting the track edge. But after that Michael continues to move across, slowly squeezing Rubens towards the wall - and by this time, its too late for Rubens to do anything else - he cannot back off as Michaels rear wheel would catch his front if he did back off.

That is what is dangerous - continuing the move for too long. Once Rubens was alongside should not have squeezed any further.

Posted Image

You can see all four pictures separately at my web site

http://www.chandlerf...ml1-hungary-2010

#1712 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 18:25

Well of course post race wasn't old school hence my Rubens new age whiner comment lol, but on track at that moment, it was magical! Thankfully no incident, not even a wing loss or flat tyre, so it was racing at it's purest, before white lines were introduced :D

#1713 hotstickyslick

hotstickyslick

• 3,400 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 18:31

Well of course post race wasn't old school hence my Rubens new age whiner comment lol, but on track at that moment, it was magical! Thankfully no incident, not even a wing loss or flat tyre, so it was racing at it's purest, before white lines were introduced :D

It wasn't pure racing, it was Schumacher driving like a tw@ even though the position was lost at that point.

#1714 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 18:42

It wasn't pure racing, it was Schumacher driving like a tw@ even though the position was lost at that point.

lol but it's MS, I guess I should of said pure racing as much as MS can muster, of course it aint in the Gille V class etc. But sure was grand. I bet if the HRT guys did that, wheels would've flown...

#1715 goat0063

goat0063

• 279 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 18:46

lol but it's MS, I guess I should of said pure racing as much as MS can muster, of course it aint in the Gille V class etc. But sure was grand. I bet if the HRT guys did that, wheels would've flown...

Nah - they wouldn't be going fast enough. :p

#1716 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 18:50

I find this thread amazingly amusing! Thanks folks!

Frans, how many email adressess and screen names you carry around on this BB? :wave:

Edited by Sakae, 05 August 2010 - 18:50.

#1717 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 18:51

Nah - they wouldn't be going fast enough. :p

:lol: I stand corrected. In the end we need excitement, and we got it. :)

#1718 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 18:54

Cheating and lying then treating your competitors like shit, still seems to go down well with schumacher fans I see. With fans like those he will never have trouble putting food on the table.

Speaking on behalf fans like me, I am not in favour of any qualities you describe; it's just that he didn't cheat and lie that I would know about, and he is not treating his competitors any better or worse that any other hopeful on the grid.

So, what's the problem?

Edited by Sakae, 05 August 2010 - 18:55.

#1719 frp

frp

• 352 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 19:14

Add Ross Brawn to that group.

I'm quite sure Ross fully understands.

Advertisement

#1720 Brake Dust

Brake Dust

• 44 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 19:57

the previous week had Schu. defending Ferrari while Barr. was advocating for Massa against "team orders". Rubens saying how, in hind sight, he would not "play" the supporting role (which is totally "bunk" since 95% of the time Michael was the quickest). :wave:

Rubens is driving with "regret" being a huge chip on his shoulder. He is the one who forced the pass by his comments after the race: "I was going through" (or words similar). :eek:

What was telling in Ruben's comments also were his expectations of Schumacher's style of driving: stating Michael was crazy for actually racing. It sounded like Michael should just "parade" around. :rotfl:

Gutsy pass by Rubens but it totally flustered him. :down:

Rubens is a spinmeister excelling with all his whining. Michael a circuitmeister with all his winning. :blush:

#1721 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 20:07

I'm quite sure Ross fully understands.

I am sure of that as well. Someone had proposed in here, that flock of posters are ignorant, because they do not understand where MS err in Hungary. My response was suggestion to add RB to that group, because he had also suggested that Michael hasn't done anything wrong.

Taking broader view on risks a driver is facing whole his active life, I accept that some situations are more fearsome than others, and this incident didn't make me to change my mind. I have seen MS in wheel to wheel situations many times before, and if he doesn't blinks, than neither should I; after all isn't that why we turn TV on and get out of the bed in ungoldy hours?

#1722 BillBald

BillBald

• 3,858 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 20:30

I find it hard to imagine Damon doing that to any other driver, it looks to me like he wanted to give Schumi a taste of his own medecine.

#1723 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,361 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 21:22

Rubens is a spinmeister excelling with all his whining. Michael a circuitmeister with all his winning. :blush:

And look at them now, fighting for a spot that used to be 4 places away from points back in the day.

#1724 Archybald

Archybald

• 383 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 21:37

Well im not going to get into the whole debait about wether or not it was or wasnt a bad move. But im curious on opinions (Not sure if its already been asked ive only read about 15 pages of this thread)

But the fact that they didnt crash. Good driving or luck?

#1725 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 21:49

I find it hard to imagine Damon doing that to any other driver, it looks to me like he wanted to give Schumi a taste of his own medecine.

i find it hard to believe schumacher swerved 3 times in front of damon....ever

#1726 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 22:17

damon probably just upset because of this

schumacher schooling him

#1727 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 22:49

the previous week had Schu. defending Ferrari while Barr. was advocating for Massa against "team orders". Rubens saying how, in hind sight, he would not "play" the supporting role (which is totally "bunk" since 95% of the time Michael was the quickest). :wave:

Rubens is driving with "regret" being a huge chip on his shoulder. He is the one who forced the pass by his comments after the race: "I was going through" (or words similar). :eek:

What was telling in Ruben's comments also were his expectations of Schumacher's style of driving: stating Michael was crazy for actually racing. It sounded like Michael should just "parade" around. :rotfl:

You're entitle to your opinion even if it makes you look like you don't understand the rules of engagement - as evidenced by the jury's unanimous verdict. Apparently you know better, maybe you could justify why you know better than Derek Warwick and the rest of the FIM Stewards panel.

#1728 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 23:09

:up:

#1729 frp

frp

• 352 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 23:15

Someone had proposed in here, that flock of posters are ignorant, because they do not understand where MS err in Hungary. My response was suggestion to add RB to that group, because he had also suggested that Michael hasn't done anything wrong.

Ross said what he had to say; there's no reason to suppose that is representative of his objective understanding.

#1730 Sakae

Sakae

• 19,256 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 23:40

Ross said what he had to say; there's no reason to suppose that is representative of his objective understanding.

There are numerous ways to side step the question, and Ross knows them all, yet he choose this one, so why not accept his statement on its face value? It is an even chance that he said what he actually believes in.

Edited by Sakae, 05 August 2010 - 23:40.

#1731 Bunchies

Bunchies

• 1,500 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 23:53

2: You can not slowly drive diagonally across the track. You can pick a line on the outside, middle, inside etc, but you must get in that position and then drive straight. You can not start on the outside and slowly over several seconds move diagonally across the track to the inside. It completely blocks the track as very rarely will an overtaking car have enough speed to make the pass before you have squished them to the side of the track, leaving them to brake or crash. It has the same effect as weaving, as the overtaking car can not dash past before you have covered their part of the track. (Hence why RB nearly ended up in the wall

I very clearly remember Martin Brundle commenting on Jaime's lap a few weeks ago, saying that he moved diagonally across the straight to cut the shortest distance. You certainly can move across the straight...that's the racing line!

But MS' maneuver was still dangerous.

#1732 frp

frp

• 352 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 00:05

You certainly can move across the straight...that's the racing line!

It is if the preceding corner is a left-hander and the following one a right-hander, or vice versa.

#1733 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,013 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 00:23

I very clearly remember Martin Brundle commenting on Jaime's lap a few weeks ago, saying that he moved diagonally across the straight to cut the shortest distance. You certainly can move across the straight...that's the racing line!

But MS' maneuver was still dangerous.

If it is the racing line then certainly (hanger straight at silverstone for example). But not as a defensive move. You can go across the whole track if your quick about it (it is impossible to take the inside line unless you cross the track in a diagonal fashion) but it can not be a well timed drawn-out move that takes several seconds to complete. It blocks the whole track as it is inevitable that the other car will be squashed against the side of the track as it will not be able to pass in time. It's a cheap trick that will almost always result in the passing car either having to back off or crash.

#1734 frp

frp

• 352 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 00:42

If it is the racing line then certainly (hanger straight at silverstone for example). But not as a defensive move. You can go across the whole track if your quick about it (it is impossible to take the inside line unless you cross the track in a diagonal fashion) but it can not be a well timed drawn-out move that takes several seconds to complete. It blocks the whole track as it is inevitable that the other car will be squashed against the side of the track as it will not be able to pass in time. It's a cheap trick that will almost always result in the passing car either having to back off or crash.

All you say is absolutely right, Jazza, but Michael didn't do this. He positioned his car in the centre of the track, then watched his mirrors to see which way Barrichello would go, and then moved the same way. If Rubens had gone left, then Michael would've put him on the grass. I've just re-watched what Alex Wurz said shortly after the race, and clearly he'd been examining the video footage carefully because he describes the incident exactly as it was.

#1735 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,202 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 00:58

Frans, how many email adressess and screen names you carry around on this BB? :wave:

Sakae, how many email adressess and screen names you carry around on this BB? :wave:

#1736 DaleCooper

DaleCooper

• 2,512 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:32

My 2 cents:

Schumacher went too far in his defence, making what is typically a straight-forward pass into a life-threatening thrill ride, that Rubens would not back down from. Congrats to Rubens on making it stick, but obviously he got really scared by the defensive maneouvre. Schumacher has gone over the top in the past, similarly scaring his opponents into yielding whilst in an advantageous position. I expected that Michael would have finally acquired some common sense, but it seems that is definitely not the case. As Coulthard stated, I believe, Michael defends too long, to the point where there is nothing to defend anymore. He has to learn to accept defeat, which may not be part of his basic makeup.

I appreciate that Schumacher continues to entertain F1 fans with his driving, but he and Rubens are fortunate to emerge from this incident unscathed. Common sense tells me that next time they won't be so lucky, so Schumacher needs to tone down his defensive driving a tad. I don't want him to go soft, just use better judgement Michael!

Looking forward to a possible fightback at Spa.

Cooper

Edited by DaleCooper, 06 August 2010 - 02:33.

#1737 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:45

Well im not going to get into the whole debait about wether or not it was or wasnt a bad move. But im curious on opinions (Not sure if its already been asked ive only read about 15 pages of this thread)

But the fact that they didnt crash. Good driving or luck?

The fact that they did not crash, was down to the supreme skills of both drivers right on the edge, there is no doubting it was thrilling and exciting.

But, 1 car leaving after a late pit, could have turned this into one of F1s saddest days and destroyed the legacy of its greatest champion. And the fact that it did not happen, was down to luck.

Those white lines are there for a reason.

I'm happy to blame/congratulate both in equal measure though. If someone tailgates me on the motorway, that does not give me the right to speed up endlessly until I lose them. Breaking the law to get around someone breaking the law? It takes two to Tango in this case.

Jean Girard: Now it is time for the matador to dance with the blind shoe-maker! :smoking:

Edited by SimMaker, 06 August 2010 - 03:45.

#1738 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,013 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:58

All you say is absolutely right, Jazza, but Michael didn't do this. He positioned his car in the centre of the track, then watched his mirrors to see which way Barrichello would go, and then moved the same way. If Rubens had gone left, then Michael would've put him on the grass. I've just re-watched what Alex Wurz said shortly after the race, and clearly he'd been examining the video footage carefully because he describes the incident exactly as it was.

Yeah I see what you mean. I was counting from when he left the final corner to the exit of the pit lane. He was heading in a right movement for almost the entire length of the straight, stalling somewhat when he was in the middle of the track. During the whole event he must have traveled about half a km without actually locking himself into taking a single line, going the entire way from one side of the track to other with a brief pause halfway across.

#1739 makef1better

makef1better

• 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:48

Such statements do not help to increase the quality of this forum....

Advertisement

#1740 makef1better

makef1better

• 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:58

My 2 cents:

Schumacher went too far in his defence, making what is typically a straight-forward pass into a life-threatening thrill ride, that Rubens would not back down from. Congrats to Rubens on making it stick, but obviously he got really scared by the defensive maneouvre. Schumacher has gone over the top in the past, similarly scaring his opponents into yielding whilst in an advantageous position. I expected that Michael would have finally acquired some common sense, but it seems that is definitely not the case. As Coulthard stated, I believe, Michael defends too long, to the point where there is nothing to defend anymore. He has to learn to accept defeat, which may not be part of his basic makeup.

I appreciate that Schumacher continues to entertain F1 fans with his driving, but he and Rubens are fortunate to emerge from this incident unscathed. Common sense tells me that next time they won't be so lucky, so Schumacher needs to tone down his defensive driving a tad. I don't want him to go soft, just use better judgement Michael!

Looking forward to a possible fightback at Spa.

Cooper

Similar incidents at another part of the track (no wall, no pitlane) with different mid field driver involved would generate probably not one page in this forum.

So, penalty is right because it was close to a wall and there was the pitlane exit. But again, Rubens is as guilty as Schumacher.

#1741 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,563 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:53

Similar incidents at another part of the track (no wall, no pitlane) with different mid field driver involved would generate probably not one page in this forum.

So, penalty is right because it was close to a wall and there was the pitlane exit. But again, Rubens is as guilty as Schumacher.

The exact same situation between Massa and Webber generated 3 pages on this forum. And it was '08 (which iirc was kind of important for Massa). So yeah.... And you look at the press of that tome to see the many calls for Webber's head... oh, wait.

Edited by Diablobb81, 06 August 2010 - 07:00.

#1742 jimpo

jimpo

• 278 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:01

There are numerous ways to side step the question, and Ross knows them all, yet he choose this one, so why not accept his statement on its face value? It is an even chance that he said what he actually believes in.

That's very naive isn't it?

Ross isn't there to "side step the questions", he is there to spin PR so that it benefits his team, his teams budget and happiness of the sponsors, and the reputation of his personally chosen #1 driver.

Why would anyone seriously believe team bosses speak their 100% honest opinions when they give interviews? Come on guys! Don't be silly.

#1743 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,013 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:12

Discussions like this will always overflow due to a few things,

1. If not much else happens in the race a big event will tend to get most of the attention.
2. Big names in big name teams always create talking points. Some of the best drives in the sport have ended in a 14th place, but they never get as much attention as the driver who wins no matter how easy it was in comparison. The two oldest drivers driving for two of the most famous names in F1 will always go on and on in this forum.
3. The more people argue for the indefensible (even blaming the victim for the crime) will always spill into page after page. THIS IS NOT ABOUT MS. If FA or LH or SV etc did this and people supported it just out of fan loyalty I would expect the same amount of posts.

#1744 as65p

as65p

• 17,789 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:17

But again, Rubens is as guilty as Schumacher.

Again, and ongoing, that remains bollocks. No more than an obvious attempt of sharing the blame as a last resort.

#1745 johnmhinds

johnmhinds

• 2,443 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:13

The exact same situation between Massa and Webber generated 3 pages on this forum. And it was '08 (which iirc was kind of important for Massa). So yeah.... And you look at the press of that tome to see the many calls for Webber's head... oh, wait.

Are you joking? Webber has been consistently called a dangerous driver by both fans and the press.
Webber did exactly the same thing to Massa at Fuji as Schumacher did to Barrichello, and no true F1 fan ever wants to see it again.

I expect this kind of poor driving from rookies, but to see Schumacher and Barrichello two of the most senior drivers on the grid pulling off a stupid move like this is disappointing.
As exciting as it was to watch they were both complete idiots by getting themselves into that situation in the first place.

Edited by johnmhinds, 06 August 2010 - 08:18.

#1746 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:33

If you think about it, more kudo's to Rubens, because Michael and overtaking Williams car's DO have a history; 1994; Damon Hill and Schumi sadly wins that one (Adelaide) and then in 1997 again a right sides swerve towards Villeneuve at Jerez, this time Justice is called upon and he loses the swerve move, title and points. (haaa-ahaha again for that, ... can't resist sorry)....
then in 1998, in Canada with HHFrentzen, straight 300+ km/hour ,... exiting pits, pushes again with the right side of his car towards the Williams, this one goes off..... Oooh yeah Michael and Williams cars overtaking him on the RIGHT side makes the man go WILD. FACT!

Then something happens inside his brainwaves, what makes whatever car he drives (Benetton, Ferrari OR Mercedes car) or whatever experiance he has (Zero title's, two titles, or 7 titles) it doesn't matter, his brainpulp changes dramaticly when this happens, ... it also cannot be the colour of the Williams cars, because they have changed over the seasons also.

Do the Williams cars REALLY do have a brainwave manipulator device installed, ever since 1994?
(he had it occasianaly with McLarens as well with Mika Hakkinen I believe at a Spa GP)

Michael's motoric system makes these weird moves with the steering wheel to the right, no matter what if there's a car allongside, he just seems not to bother, see them or whatever ....

Amazing stuff if you think about it. What should a shrink say about this?

Possibly a temporaly brain-damage disturbance when that happens.

Rubens is therefor the 2nd (!!!) Williams driver who made a SUCCESFUL pass on the Psychomanic-Michael.

:clap: EAT THAT

#1747 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:42

Frans ,are you going to Spa to see your hero? Men, you are lucky.

#1748 Tifosi90

Tifosi90

• 277 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:48

Says it all really doesn't it. 3 pages of discussion for Massa, compared to 44 and growing number of pages for Schumacher. This thread will go over 50 pages before the next race, you can bet on that. If it was a virgin vs lotus then there would be 3 pages of discussion not 44.

#1749 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:10

Frans ,are you going to Spa to see your hero?

Dunno yet....

#1750 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:25

If it was a virgin vs lotus then there would be 3 pages of discussion not 44.

You mean 3 posts.

So riddle me this people;

Exact situation EXCEPT that it's reversed - Rubens in front and he squeezed Schumacher into the wall, whats your reactions .......??

Seriously, lets hear your comments if it was that way ......

Cheat Schumacher gets his own back?

Rubens, awesome showing MS he won't be his bitch again?

Should have pushed him all the way into the wall?

I'm sure Brundle would be early to say "well Michal thats what it feels like when it's on the other shoe"

Edited by cheapracer, 06 August 2010 - 10:26.