Photo

Barrichello/Schumacher Incident

• Please log in to reply
1903 replies to this topic

#1851 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 13:30

oh well, at least back then he could win somehow something... nowadays we're discussing how he lost his 10th spot, .. hehe, how cool is that?

Edited by Frans, 16 August 2010 - 13:30.

Advertisement

#1852 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 4,937 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 13:41

oh well, at least back then he could win somehow something... nowadays we're discussing how he lost his 10th spot, .. hehe, how cool is that?

Not as cool as needing to correct you in you blind MS hate on errors and incorrect stories

henri

#1853 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 15:19

Errors? I have been claimimg schumacher sucks for years and you claim i have errored on that? Hahaha, better put your hopes on 2011, so am i, it's no fun being right ya know...

The rubens overtaking has shown schumacher childiness he has when he can't fight for points, he has shown he still can't stand to lose, and goes still to extremes to stop it from happening. But hahahhaha, it still happened! I hope that at spa rubens is in front of him again after the race, just as 11 others, :p

#1854 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 15:46

Errors? I have been claimimg schumacher sucks for years and you claim i have errored on that? Hahaha, better put your hopes on 2011, so am i, it's no fun being right ya know...

The rubens overtaking has shown schumacher childiness he has when he can't fight for points, he has shown he still can't stand to lose, and goes still to extremes to stop it from happening. But hahahhaha, it still happened! I hope that at spa rubens is in front of him again after the race, just as 11 others, :p

yea he sucks and cheated his way to all the titles , he even cheated on his debut that he somehow hacked to get in the first place :rolleyes:

#1855 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,218 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 17:14

Johnny Herbert, is that really you....................?

#1856 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 18:12

Dunno if this has been picked up before, seems an old article to me, but I found it today when I was researching the Schumi-vibes on the interwebs ....

It's Schumi-Massa-Barichello related; http://www.f1complet...view/10906/900/

:rotfl: how could we ever have missed these stories?

#1857 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 20:29

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/85983

"The fact is that I feel comfortable in the situation and I believe that we are moving in the right direction to ensure that next year we will be real contenders," Schumacher said in an interview with sponsor DVAG.

"The teamwork, with the engineers and with Nico Rosberg is going very well. The car we currently have is almost a 'survivor' from last year, which had already been shaped, moulded and developed for us and we as drivers have had to make compromises accordingly."

"The fact is that the car is not functioning in harmony, neither with the tyres nor with the drivers and obviously we must invest all the time we have in ensuring this is not the case next year," MS said.

You're wrong Michael.
The car is a "survivor from last year" and you are a "ghost from a glorious past" haunting F1.
You were champions.
You are both outdated.
You are in harmony.

Edited by Kovalonso, 16 August 2010 - 20:30.

#1858 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,361 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 21:30

Posted Image

#1859 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 21:58

Re bergers comments. I guess those that don't believe him saw every part of the circuit during his career.

Did Berger see every (I assume you mean; all) part of the track during his career. What is he, God.

Advertisement

#1860 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 22:02

Did Berger see every (I assume you mean; all) part of the track during his career. What is he, God.

LOL Like they can see the whole track from overhead like on Playstation? LOL Like a HUD? That would actually be pretty cool!! :)

#1861 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 23:01

I'm sure he saw every corner of all the track that he drove on. Surely you aren't telling me that what we saw on the TV in the 80's was more than he saw :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#1862 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:42

Nothing happened at Silverstone '98.
The race was already over. Schumacher won with or without the added time penalty and in the end the penalty was rescinded because of a technicality and the original race result stood.

Nope, the problem was that there wasn't enough gap - if MS had actually served the penalty he would have lost the win. That's why they didn't call him to the pits earlier and gambled on technicality instead.

#1863 black magic

black magic

• 3,880 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:25

lets forget that the penalty was marginal to start with given the circumstances was it not. pouring rain poor visiblity and schumcher already making his move

lets forget that ferrari followed the rules - just that they outsmarted fia - no different to hamilton and valencia. but because its schumacher lets go on ad finitum bout it. fact was he deserved to win that day as once the rain started mika was no where.

justice was served and schumacher won . period.

#1864 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:13

lets forget that the penalty was marginal to start with given the circumstances was it not. pouring rain poor visiblity and schumcher already making his move

lets forget that ferrari followed the rules - just that they outsmarted fia - no different to hamilton and valencia. but because its schumacher lets go on ad finitum bout it. fact was he deserved to win that day as once the rain started mika was no where.

Lol let's obviously forget that Hakkinen had built a lead of 40+ seconds in wet track and intensifying rain. Schumacher was only faster after Hakkinen broke his front wing in an off (Schumacher had an off as well but was lucky his car wasn't damaged like Mika's) just before Mika's lead was erased by the safety car. Very much unlike Hamilton, Schumacher's mistake and the following penalty if served properly would have cost his position and win. Both made a mistake (or actually MS made one more) but without FIA's scrambling to the rescue, Hakkinen would have won in addition of being the faster driver that day.

Surely you meant "Schumacher won, so justice was served"? :lol:

#1865 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,013 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:40

I think you mean when the rain stopped. When it was raining mika just disappeared to create a massive lead. Without the safety car MS would have never have caught him.

#1866 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:02

I think you mean when the rain stopped. When it was raining mika just disappeared to create a massive lead. Without the safety car MS would have never have caught him.

Hakkinen was faster rain or no rain with intact wing. Though Schumacher would still have had a genuine win getting luckier with the offs, he went and ballsed it all up by overtaking under yellows. In hindsight it would have been wiser for Ferrari and MS to cede the victory that day instead of whinging it out with their buddies Max, Nasir and co. They lost the title regardless and just ended up writing another chapter in the book of "Scams in F1".

#1867 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 23:21

I'm sure he saw every corner of all the track that he drove on. Surely you aren't telling me that what we saw on the TV in the 80's was more than he saw :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I could understand your argument if you were talking about someone in the grandstands, but surly anyone watching a race on telly can see as much of the track as any driver can.

#1868 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,552 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 23:42

yea he sucks and cheated his way to all the titles , he even cheated on his debut that he somehow hacked to get in the first place :rolleyes:

Maybe the Jordan was always good and had crappy drivers? Say you replaced Nakajima with a rookie Hamilton - no surprise if the car goes 0.5 s faster.

Later, that Benetton had traction control did it not?

What are you getting at?

Besides, he then crashed into Hill as well... Then he crashed into Jacques... Now that is clearly cheating, TC or not.

#1869 Les

Les

• 2,071 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 23:58

Maybe the Jordan was always good and had crappy drivers? Say you replaced Nakajima with a rookie Hamilton - no surprise if the car goes 0.5 s faster.

Later, that Benetton had traction control did it not?

What are you getting at?

Besides, he then crashed into Hill as well... Then he crashed into Jacques... Now that is clearly cheating, TC or not.

Well I heard MS in conjunction with Willy Weber paid the taxi driver to wind up Gachot!

#1870 baddog

baddog

• 23,626 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:15

I could understand your argument if you were talking about someone in the grandstands, but surly anyone watching a race on telly can see as much of the track as any driver can.

That depends what the camera is pointing at. The coverage was for a long time pretty basic, and a large percentage of on track action was not filmed at all. Drivers are presumably awake for their entire time on the track.

#1871 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:34

That depends what the camera is pointing at. The coverage was for a long time pretty basic, and a large percentage of on track action was not filmed at all. Drivers are presumably awake for their entire time on the track.

But we could still see what happened on the track at all times, we even had the benefit of replays, something that Berger surley didn't have. We also got to see all the cars at some point, which Berger didn't either, he only had his own point of view. To suggest that Berger could somehow see more of what happened during a race than a TV-spectator is ludicrous.

Edited by VresiBerba, 18 August 2010 - 02:38.

#1872 Raelene

Raelene

• 5,342 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:38

did you watch the coverage in the 80's. I can't believe you think a guy who actually drove the tracks wouldn't know what he's talking about!!

#1873 baddog

baddog

• 23,626 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:46

did you watch the coverage in the 80's. I can't believe you think a guy who actually drove the tracks wouldn't know what he's talking about!!

Indeed.. to suggest a TV viewer is more informed than someone who drove every race, knew and spoke to every driver, was in every meeting and briefing etc etc nonetheless. I have seen some armchair drivers but this is an extreme case!

Edited by baddog, 18 August 2010 - 02:47.

#1874 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:18

Well I heard MS in conjunction with Willy Weber paid the taxi driver to wind up Gachot!

Yes it was something like that ... I have an article about it somewhere in a box at home .... must dig it up.

#1875 SimMaker

SimMaker

• 771 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:22

Yes it was something like that ... I have an article about it somewhere in a box at home .... must dig it up.

Hello Frans

I don't think we have spoken before. I must say though, I have been most interested in your postings. And I have a question for you which I hope you do not see as a dig, I am genuinely interested in your answer. Do you actually know MSC personaly, and has there been some bad blood between you? Please forgive my observation, but you seem to take "it" to a level I have not really seen before. What is it about MSC that winds you up so much?

I'm, serious, I really want to know. Was it a particular event in history?

#1876 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:34

I think he's just having fun

#1877 Ramses1348

Ramses1348

• 577 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:48

I'm, serious, I really want to know. Was it a particular event in history?

Answer is easy : Schumi destroyed the career of Jos The Boss :smoking:

#1878 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:16

The Gachot story is one of the saddest of F1.

From Wiki:
In 1991, he joined the Jordan Grand Prix racing team, helping them to fifth in the constructor championship. However, his season was cut short by a two-month prison stint, received for spraying CS gas on a London taxicab driver after a traffic altercation (his race seat was filled temporarily by then-unknown Michael Schumacher, making his Formula One debut). When he was finally released from prison after two months, he had missed four Grands Prix (including his home Grand Prix in Belgium). The Jordan Grand Prix racing team was not interested in returning his seat (which was given to Alessandro Zanardi) for the last two races of the season, in Japan and Australia.

The rumour about the episode is EJ knew about it, but he never sent a Lawyer to try to release Gachot from prison so he could sell his seat again to aanother driver.

#1879 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,361 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:56

Im not gonna defend EJ but is it your boss's responsibility to pay to get you out of prison when you've committed a crime?

Advertisement

#1880 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,013 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 13:42

The 80's tv coverage was hardly prewar type footage. They had onboard shots, helicopter shots, replays, and cameras at every corner (on the tracks still in use today many of those camera positions have not even changed). Apart from improvements in video image as well as wide screen and a few fancy shots (interesting placed onboard cameras looking at brakes, or the occasional wire cameras on some tracks) there has not been a massive change in the coverage in the last 25 years.

The 80's coverage was extremely good and was fundamentally the same as today, giving the armchair viewer at home significantly more information than any one driver had at their disposal. It is why drivers are constantly being given information over the radio about what is happening on track (information that we at home have and can see with our own eyes on screen long before the driver knows) as well as drivers giving and even changing their opinions on incidents after seeing replays.

The reason why people don't believe Berger is because for what he is saying to be true, all these incidents that he claims were happening were somehow missed by all the tv cameras for over his entire career. Yet, for his entire career and for nearly the last 3 decades, there has not been a piece of track that was not monitored by a tv camera. Who knows what really happened in the middle of a forest during races back in the 30's apart from the drivers? But the 80's and 90's? If Berger isn't taking the piss then he is talking BS. Just because he is a driver doesn't make what he says fact. But if it did, we would have a lot of paradoxes because many drivers speak contradicting "facts".

#1881 Big Block 8

Big Block 8

• 2,423 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:40

Regs Berger, this is what he said in AMuS interview (snippet from PlanetF1).

"The incident with Barrichello in Budapest was out of order. Perhaps ten years ago it would have been a normal maneuver but it does not fit into the present time. Michael should have known that with all his experience. Now he has apologized for it and the issue should be settled," Berger added.

And no, it wouldn't have been normal ten years ago either. But even Berger admits the move was out of order - the previous talk was thus probably mere jest / older man's emanation after one beer too many.

#1882 merschu

merschu

• 520 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:42

NobleF1 :

Michael Schumacher has apologised personally to Rubens Barrichello for their Hungary incident - by SMS

#1883 MCh000

MCh000

• 181 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 14:43

Jeeez, what a soap opera :drunk: :lol:

First af all Rubens had to say that he doesn't need any apology (since he knows that Michael doesn't feel guilty). Now he got what he is worth - apology by SMS :rotfl:

#1884 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 14:54

I think you have misunderstood. NobleF1 posted his tweet by SMS. The apology was made 'personally' so I think it's safe to assume Schumacher has both the balls and the class to do this in person.

#1885 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,026 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 14:56

Sounds like both Noble's tweet and Schumacher's apology were by SMS: http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/86116

#1886 bond

bond

• 2,554 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 15:12

I think you have misunderstood. NobleF1 posted his tweet by SMS. The apology was made 'personally' so I think it's safe to assume Schumacher has both the balls and the class to do this in person.

Guess he hadn't....

Barrichello said he accepted Schumacher's apology.

"I received a message from him today, an SMS," said the Brazilian. "Somebody said to him that I was under the impression he had pushed me onto the wall, and he said it wasn't the case and he apologised for that.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/86116

#1887 TommyB89

TommyB89

• 141 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 15:16

Rubens moved over to let Michael win the title and when Rubens wants to pass Michael, he gets shoved into the wall :p

Posted Image

#1888 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 15:28

yeah and then an SMS a couple of weeks later.... :rolleyes: classy

Edited by Frans, 26 August 2010 - 15:28.

#1889 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 15:32

Sounds like both Noble's tweet and Schumacher's apology were by SMS: http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/86116

Oh dear. I know a bloke whose girlfriend dumped him via three texts. He was pretty chuffed it took more than one to do the job, but still not the classiest thing in the world.

#1890 4L3X

4L3X

• 2,013 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 15:50

I thought RB would have Schummi's number blocked ? :cat:

#1891 VresiBerba

VresiBerba

• 8,951 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 15:58

Oh dear.

So I guess that Shumi has both balls and class isn't very safe to assume after all.

Edited by VresiBerba, 26 August 2010 - 16:11.

#1892 Kovalonso

Kovalonso

• 540 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 16:27

"I have no problem to speak to Rubens," said Schumacher at Spa-Francorchamps.
"There were two reasons I sent him a text – one of the main reasons is that it was his 300th grand prix and we have quite a history together.

"...If he felt this [pushing him into the wall] was the case then I am sorry for that."

Personally :drunk:

#1893 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,871 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 16:42

So I guess that Shumi has both balls and class isn't very safe to assume after all.

It appears not.

#1894 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,203 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:01

Indeed, Michael has a lot of class as he did it personally.

#1895 Frans

Frans

• 7,701 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:02

Mostly Schumacher's CAR is the one who is VERY personal with other cars on the track .... as personal as it can get with that man.

:lol: Amazing that Schumacher know's to handle SMS message's, I mean .... at that age of him ... that must be superior 2.0 technology for him by now....

Edited by Frans, 27 August 2010 - 08:04.

#1896 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,786 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:29

rubens didn't have enough class to go and talk face to face if he had a problem with the move.

the sms is more than enough in these conditions

#1897 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 3,218 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:38

What a soap opera this has become.

#1898 bond

bond

• 2,554 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:59

rubens didn't have enough class to go and talk face to face if he had a problem with the move.

the sms is more than enough in these conditions

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#1899 JackTorrance

JackTorrance

• 2,065 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 14:35

Rubens brutal collision today puts a whole different light to schumachers non contact 4 weeks ago, doesnt it. Karma is a bitch.

Advertisement

#1900 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,537 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 15:15

Rubens brutal collision today puts a whole different light to schumachers non contact 4 weeks ago, doesnt it.

No.