Photo

Barrichello/Schumacher Incident

• Please log in to reply
1903 replies to this topic

#201 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast

• 4,305 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:36

Button agrees, Schumacher allowed Rubens to pass on the left. One move across the track, so it's legal.

Obviously if Rubens had gone left Schumacher would probably have blocked left and made 2 moves, but he did not... he made one move to the right.

That's not the impression I got.
I think when Button was told that Schumacher blamed Barrichello, Button's laughter was not an indication of his agreement.

Advertisement

#202 Motormedia

Motormedia

• 2,024 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:37

Nothing wrong with this move either:

http://www.youtube.c...=watch_response

#203 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:37

Poor Norbert Haug. Losing his integrity having to defend MS.

#204 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:38

very hard move, at the edge of being illegal.
but in some years we will count barichellos courage as one of the best overtakings ever!

#205 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Schumacher: "I think I left him too much room because he passed."

Very true.

i like how everyone takes what he says out of context.

he obviously meant he didnt close the door enough because rubens passed down than side rather than going the other way which is what schumacher was hoping for

#206 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,055 posts

FACTS

1)Schumacher had one legal move to cross and block, which he did. You can cross 1cm or 10 meters, its your say and its legal.

You are Rolf Schumacher and I claim my £5.

#207 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 2,505 posts

I seem to recall Schumacher (that's racing, this isn't chess, quit yer whining etc) screaming that hill tried to KILL him in canada 98 just because Damon jinked slightly towards him on the straight.

Because it's only ok when Michaels doing it....... :well:

#208 YellowHelmet

YellowHelmet

• 3,800 posts

he never had one

#209 Les

Les

• 2,067 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:39

Just look at the crash at Brands Hatch at Brands Hatch today to see how dangerous it would have been if a car had become airborne which an inch or two one way or the other it would have been.

Edited by Les, 01 August 2010 - 14:40.

#210 Lights

Lights

• 9,316 posts

Horrible from Schumacher, but it's expected. It's how he defends, and always has.

Good to know Rubens still has the balls. :up: Brilliant move from him, but oh boy was it close.

#211 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,025 posts

He looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

#212 W154

W154

• 321 posts

As the saying goes ' a leopard can't change it's spots'.

#213 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,309 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:40

Nothing wrong with the move. shows how boring the race must of been of you people can do is bash bash. This is racing people. Thank you Schmacher for providing entertainment.

#214 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:40

I say that Barrichello should be banned for what he did to Schumacher while overtaking.

FACTS

1)Schumacher had one legal move to cross and block, which he did. You can cross 1cm or 10 meters, its your say and its legal.

2)Barrichello saw that he had no room but he still tried to get past the pit lane entry line and grass and almost nearly took Schumacher out. Schumacher had to move to left to save himself.

3)Any other driver could have immediately moved to left and overtake Schumi making a clean and a very good overtaking move but Barrichello had some grudges against Schumi.

This is a sad day today. I say we all write a petition to FIA to heavily reprimand Barrichello and ban him for a couple of races so he does not do this again

OMFG are you for real dude?

#215 Ashitank

Ashitank

• 394 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:41

The move was very bad, but dont deny that almost 1/2 the grid drives that way. Both Lewis and Vettel have done it this season itself. So calm down.

Lewis has never pulled any suicidal , stupid defensive move like that on any one. :down:

#216 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,767 posts

So if I make one move and force the other guy to the wall, its legal right?

Thanks for ending the discussion, you chose your words very carefully to your detriment.

It's legal to push a driver TO the wall. It's illegal to push a driver into the wall.

Was Barrichello pushed INTO the wall? No he was not. He didn't hit the wall, there was enough room for an F1 car.

#217 Gary C

Gary C

• 4,529 posts

Had enough of Schumacher. Get rid of him.

#218 kooratzi

kooratzi

• 212 posts

As much as I have always been a fan of Schumacher's, this was a really nasty, dirty move, in the best Senna tradition.
1 race penalty would be fair.

#219 froggy22

froggy22

• 796 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:42

Button said, "if schumacher wanted Rubens to go left, why did he keep moving right?"

Advertisement

#220 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted Image

+

Barichello leave the track (white line) when he overtakes Schumi. The brazilian should be penalize for this...

Edited by Tarzaan, 01 August 2010 - 14:43.

#221 Umpire

Umpire

• 787 posts

The more I look at the replay, the more I reliase that Barrichello was still behind when Schumacher closed the door. It was his choice to go for that small gap instead of going for the outside. End of story.

Edited by Umpire, 01 August 2010 - 14:44.

#222 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,426 posts

Please remember children can read this board so keep the language clean and also stop the trolling.

#223 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

I seem to recall Schumacher (that's racing, this isn't chess, quit yer whining etc) screaming that hill tried to KILL him in canada 98 just because Damon jinked slightly towards him on the straight.

Because it's only ok when Michaels doing it....... :well:

They're all hypocrites.

#224 J

J

• 675 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:44

Thanks for ending the discussion, you chose your words very carefully to your detriment.

It's legal to push a driver TO the wall. It's illegal to push a driver into the wall.

Was Barrichello pushed INTO the wall? No he was not. He didn't hit the wall, there was enough room for an F1 car.

It´s illegal to push a driver over the edge of the track. The edge of the track is not the wall, but the white line. So the mova was illegal, and dangerous.

-J

#225 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted Image

+

Barichello leave the track (white line) when he overtakes Schumi. The brazilian should be penalize for this...

LOL that cheater!!!

#226 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,044 posts

I wonder if merc are going to get fed up with michael soon, easily beaten by his team mate, dangerous driving and sheer arogrance to boot, doing damage to the merc brand.

#227 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:45

To the wall, into the wall, I am not a native english speaker. So you understood my point well enough.

If moves as such are allowed, then we will one day have a huge crash. Some room should be left, 2 cm is not enough space. If someone had forced schumacher like this, you would be crying like hell.

#228 mani1

mani1

• 82 posts

Its actually funny how Schumacher haters without any idea about the rules and regulations are trying to blame him for the incident. I am out of here. You can not argue with someone who has not read the rules and regulations and bases his opinions on 'morals'. This is F1 FFS and not a book club.

#229 SparkPlug

SparkPlug

• 491 posts

Lewis has never pulled any suicidal , stupid defensive move like that on any one. :down:

Glock Italy 08 ?

#230 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted Image

+

I'm sorry but that's WAY too much squeeze from Schumacher, and I think he'll be penalized.

#231 Jazza

Jazza

• 1,002 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:46

I don't know how anyone can say this is within the rules. The white line is the edge of the track, not the wall. MS had his right tyres beside that very line. At that stage he had pushed RB of the track and the rules were broken. (This goes for every other driver who has done the same thing. So thats no excuse.) How RB's right tyres didn't hit that wall I do not know. There is no way at that speed and that small of a gap any human could react. It was nothing but blind luck that RB didn't misjudge it by a few centimeters to the right.

#232 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,419 posts

With the amazing run of luck in drivers not being killed in accidents (and mostly not even injured!) for such a long time, everyone (and it would seem even the drivers) has seemed to think F1 has become so safe a fatality wont happen again.... makes me feel sick to think of the day it is going to happen again. even to talk about it.

#233 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 3,476 posts

If moves as such are allowed, then we will one day have a huge crash. Some room should be left, 2 cm is not enough space. If someone had forced schumacher like this, you would be crying like hell.

But such moves are allowed (rightly or wrongly).

#234 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,767 posts

The fact is, the fuss is because it's Schumacher.

Brundle's excuse for Senna doing the same was 'Senna told us before he was going to do it'. So that makes it ok? Haha, utter tosh. Any incident involving Schumacher is x10.

#235 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:47

Posted Image

+

Seeing this move on youtube, its even crazier than I thought. A ban is in order

#236 stillOrange

stillOrange

• 922 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:47

I don't want to think what would happen if there would be a car coming out of the pits. It wouldn't be pretty :well:

Edited by stillOrange, 01 August 2010 - 14:48.

#237 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,419 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:48

With the amazing run of luck in drivers not being killed in accidents (and mostly not even injured!) for such a long time, everyone (and it would seem even the drivers) has seemed to think F1 has become so safe a fatality wont happen again.... makes me feel sick to think of the day it is going to happen again. even to talk about it.

#238 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Seeing this move on youtube, its even crazier than I thought. A ban is in order

only from a spectacular angle though if you watch onboard of both cars it doesnt look all that bad

#239 DFV

DFV

• 1,193 posts

I watch the races on German broadcaster RTL as they generally have very knowledeable commentators and have Niki Lauda as their expert commentator before and after the races. They have however been a bit too pro-Schumacher,pro-Vettel/pro-German drivers for my taste sometimes. Today they where very strong in their views on the incident between MS and RB. Niki Lauda called it a very dangerous incident and did not leave much credit to Schumachers driving.

RTL did a interview with MS just after the race and at first he kinda seemed to understand that it might have been a bit close, but then he tried to laugh it off and joke about it. When the interviewer said that RB had said that MS should get a black flag for that moanouvre, Schumacher started talking about how RB had a different face and just dismissing him as a little baby (not the exact words). It was very bad mannered from MS and a hit under the belt from him.

Niki Lauda commented afterwards that he was sure MS would change his opinion about leaving enough room after seeing the video footage. He just HAD to change his views according to Niki Lauda.

I firmly stand behind the German TV commentators and Niki Lauda's view on Schumachers driving today. Dangerous and should be penalized.

Advertisement

#240 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,767 posts

The more I look at the replay, the more I reliase that Barrichello was still behind when Schumacher closed the door. It was his choice to go for that small gap instead of going for the outside. End of story.

Absolutely correct.

#241 Massa

Massa

• 4,270 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:49

Webber deserved a penality ? Just because it's MS, you want a penality.. Pathetic.

#242 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,055 posts

I quite agree. Barrichello should have stayed within the track boundaries, so when Schumacher drove into him, he could have launched the Mercedes over the pit wall into the refuelling rigs. I'm sure the dozens of maimed would be glad that Rubinho had chosen not to cross the white line.

#243 CCC

CCC

• 61 posts

Usual Schumacher bullying tactics but when Ruby got passed I was jumping up and down, it was great. Ruby said that Patrick Head was shouting and screaming on the radio he was so pleased. I loved that the BBC showed Ruby Michaels interview placing all the blame on him, that was really funny. If the wall didn't end where it does there could've been a very serious accident but at the end of the day there wasn't an accident and I think we all enjoyed the battle.

#244 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 3,309 posts

The fact is, the fuss is because it's Schumacher.

Brundle's excuse for Senna doing the same was 'Senna told us before he was going to do it'. So that makes it ok? Haha, utter tosh. Any incident involving Schumacher is x10.

To true Brundle was poor on the BBC then basicly saying yea but Senna was fighting for a championship so its not as bad. Very poor Brundle.

#245 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 2,767 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:50

To the wall, into the wall, I am not a native english speaker. So you understood my point well enough.

Yes I'm sure he would be. Just like Rubens was with his childish 'twitter me' comments. Every driver would. Especially in an incident so close to 50/50.

#246 Tarzaan

Tarzaan

• 1,203 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:50

I'm sorry but that's WAY too much squeeze from Schumacher, and I think he'll be penalized.

I don't agree.There was enough room in both side, but Barichello choose the harder was & I think it was illegal, because he leave the track (white line).

Galery:

http://www.motorspor...tol-c34422.html

#247 Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

Ferrari_F1_fan_2001

• 2,963 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:51

What a disgusting c*nt schumacher is, that was craziest move I have ever seen in F1. He deserves a penalty for that.

I've seen worse.

Perhaps you have selective memory? Or is selective amnesia today?

#248 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 14:52

only from a spectacular angle though if you watch onboard of both cars it doesnt look all that bad

If Schumacher killed 10 people, you would still find an excuse for him.
I just watched the onboard, this was just totally crazy and dangerous,

#249 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,025 posts

To true Brundle was poor on the BBC then basicly saying yea but Senna was fighting for a championship so its not as bad. Very poor Brundle.

He was putting Senna's point of view, not his own.

#250 Cheap Wine Alesi

Cheap Wine Alesi

• 2,723 posts

I've seen worse.

Perhaps you have selective memory? Or is selective amnesia today?

Like what? shoot.