Photo

Kieft 500 scale drawings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paulomartino25

paulomartino25

• 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 15:57

Please excuse if I'm breaking any forum rules (in terms of my request or the section in which I'm posting).
I'm a registered member since March this year, however, I find myself reading the huge number of most interesting and informative postings / threads - (it is indeed a joy) more than making contributions - so maybe this posting will kick-start me into participating more.
In addition to being an avid motorsport fan (of too many decades I'm afraid!), I am also a model maker, building commercial kits and my own scratch-built models of many different types of racing cars and bikes.
I'm currently researching the Kieft 500 which was built in Wales in the early 50's and raced in Formula 3 with a view to building a scale model of it, and while I have accumulated a significant amount of information and photo's, I havent been able to get hold of any scale drawings.
So I'm wondering if anyone on this forum might have something resembling such things or failing that, perhaps point me in the right direction for further searching?
Many Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Paul Marshall

Advertisement

#2 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,699 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 16:12

Please excuse if I'm breaking any forum rules (in terms of my request or the section in which I'm posting).
I'm a registered member since March this year, however, I find myself reading the huge number of most interesting and informative postings / threads - (it is indeed a joy) more than making contributions - so maybe this posting will kick-start me into participating more.
In addition to being an avid motorsport fan (of too many decades I'm afraid!), I am also a model maker, building commercial kits and my own scratch-built models of many different types of racing cars and bikes.
I'm currently researching the Kieft 500 which was built in Wales in the early 50's and raced in Formula 3 with a view to building a scale model of it, and while I have accumulated a significant amount of information and photo's, I havent been able to get hold of any scale drawings.
So I'm wondering if anyone on this forum might have something resembling such things or failing that, perhaps point me in the right direction for further searching?
Many Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Paul Marshall

Paul,
Have a search around the forum. There have been a couple of similar requests for plans and people have pointed to various websites that have collections of plans from magazines - I can't recall any 500s but you never know.

#3 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 17:00

Here is one site that provides drawings of chassis but I don't see the Kieft listed-perhaps you could find some leads from this though-good luck!
http://www.the-bluep...s/cars/ferrari/

#4 paulomartino25

paulomartino25

• 7 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 21:32

Many Thanks guys, Still searching
Kind Regards, Paul