Photo

Club Silverstone Tickets

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 secessionman

secessionman

• 347 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 13:46

I wonder if anyone could advise on whether they felt Club Silverstone tickets were value for money?

The tickets are priced at £399pp as opposed to £299pp for a regular covered grandstand and the £100 difference appears to include access to a food marquee and a parking spot which, given the amount of food outlets around the circuit, sounds like you're not getting a lot for your extra money.

The circuit describes these tickets as a bridge between full blown hospitality and standard grandstand tickets but, with two of us going, are they really worth an extra £200?

This will be my first GP and therefore would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

#2 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 15:37

Probably not, but I haven't had club Silverstone tickets. Presumably you're asking for next years GP?

IMO Becketts grandstand is the best place to view the race with regards to the new track layout.

#3 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 22:15

Yeah, you need club tickets for the becketts stand. Worth the 100 IMO

#4 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 20:19

Actually you don't need club tickets to get in Becketts, as I was previously led to beleive. On the Silverstone website it describes the view from Becketts as being able to see the arena section, but does not mention this in the club ticket view, which I think is from the same part of the stand (or is it?). I need to find out whether the view changes from one end of the stand to the other as regards to seeing the arena bit. Also not the entire stand is covered is it?

So I too want to know - club or standard Becketts ticket?

#5 secessionman

secessionman

• 347 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:59

So I too want to know - club or standard Becketts ticket?

Unfortunately, there is scant information on what these tickets entail, hence I am still in the same boat as I was (with BullHead too it would seem).

With online ticket sales there is no opportunity to ask questions which, with the lack of info, suggests why the tickets remain unsold.

Has anyone on here purchased Club Silverstone tickets before?

#6 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,294 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 16:44

I was at Silverstone this year, and moved around a fair bit over the Friday and Saturday.

That stand was split between Club Silverstone and normal tickets. It did offer, IMO, the best view at the circuit. I thought the top right corner (if you're looking at the stand)/top left (if you're in the stand looking at the circuit) had the best view in the stand, which was (iirc) not Club Silverstone as it was uncovered. Although you don't pick a spot.

I found the regular parking really easy this year - leaving on the Sunday was the only time I sat in a queue for more than 10 minutes all weekend. So I wouldn't put much value on that if it's more than one of you.

If you pay once you're in the food court then I'm not sure that's great - I always assumed you got an included (if unspectacular) meal. I guess it depends on your tolerance to 3 days of hot dogs, burgers and the like. Of course, you could take your own food if you're organised, save a bundle and probably eat better! I have no experience of the food court, so no idea.

Overall if you definitely want covered and want the best view, I'd go with Club S. If you are cool with being uncovered, I'd go with standard Becketts and save the cash. If I go next year, standard Becketts will be the tickets I'll be after.

#7 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 00:51

Thanks Gareth. Do you think you can see the new section from wherever on Becketts? I want to go with the club / covered end, but only if I can see the arena bit...

#8 wilsonf1

wilsonf1

• 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 23:35

Thanks Gareth. Do you think you can see the new section from wherever on Becketts? I want to go with the club / covered end, but only if I can see the arena bit...

Hey Guys, there's some photos and videos from the view at Becketts/Club Silverstone here, just hover/click on Becketts on the track map in the below link:

Where to sit at Silverstone

If you have any more questions about the stand I'm happy to answer as spent LOADS of time there in 2010 and will be back in 2011.

Edited by wilsonf1, 22 March 2011 - 22:16.

#9 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 19:44

^^ Thanks for that

#10 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,294 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 13:11

I sat in both the covered and non-covered bit and from both points you could see pretty much the whole arena section - from the exit of abbey down to the end of the wellington straight. The more to the right (if looking at the stand) and up you got (so towards the uncovered end) the more you got a longer view down wellington and eventually of the entry into brooklands.

There was obviously still plenty of construction work going on, which could easily affect the view.

Still, I reckon it's best for next year as you potentially get a great view of the first lap/first corner action, see one of the most commonly used overtaking spots (village/the loop), see the cars through the most challenging series of corners (maggotts/becketts/chapel), (if you are high enough back in the stand) get a (limited) view of stowe and vale, and see the highest % of the track from any spot.

#11 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 18:51

:up: Yeah, I reckon it'll be the best bet. The only little nagging concern I have is the fact that the stand is quite set back from the track....

#12 secessionman

secessionman

• 347 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 22:57

:up: Yeah, I reckon it'll be the best bet. The only little nagging concern I have is the fact that the stand is quite set back from the track....

A concern of mine also, but one which I think we're going to face almost anywhere.

Thanks for the advice on this thread, Club Silverstone it's going to be - see you in the marquee BullHead :drunk:

Next dilemma is accommodation :(

#13 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 23:12

I looked at Becketts but it's too expensive for me. Saying that GA this year is £149 :evil:

It was only, I say only, £100 a few years back. :down:

#14 wilsonf1

wilsonf1

• 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 23:15

I looked at Becketts but it's too expensive for me. Saying that GA this year is £149 :evil:

Yeah it's quite a price hike - but when did ticket prices for anything stay the same. British F1 fans are incredibly loyal and we are just happy to have a race at all after all the fuss with contracts etc etc. So even if you are there with a general admission ticket it's still totally worth it!

#15 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 23:26

Yeah it's quite a price hike - but when did ticket prices for anything stay the same. British F1 fans are incredibly loyal and we are just happy to have a race at all after all the fuss with contracts etc etc. So even if you are there with a general admission ticket it's still totally worth it!

True, they never do. I'll still be going. It's only holiday I get a year! It just annoys me that ticket prices keep going up and up. Not just F1, but football as well. Ticket prices are a sore subject for me at the moment!

#16 Snap Matt

Snap Matt

• 1,157 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 14:56

The parking permit is £49 now! I'm going to give the Park and Ride service another go in 2011... in theory it should suit us better that way anyway. We shall see...

#17 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 19:34

We had Club Silverstone tickets this year.

As to if its worth the extra or not - really depends on how much cash you really have to spend.

The view is great from the covered area, which you cant get into without club tickets (plenty from further down the stand tried and failed during the 3 days) You can see the stretch through Becketts as well as the new Arena section where there were a number of offs/overtaking attempts. In the distance is the exit from the new pit straight - which you can see but its not that close.

The food court is probably a cut above the standard burger van fare - there is a bbq section, cooked breakfast, indian/oriental etc.

There is a large outside seating area with a big screen as well as a full bar/beer vendors etc

There is alos a covered lounge area with coffee stands, settees, F1 simulators etc as well as a covered cafe area.

The parking is behind Becketts so it is a bit further to get to - but zero traffic on the way out (same entrance/exit as the F1 personnel & and non-heli VIPs)

I have caved in and bought em for 2011 this week.

The only drawback is its miles to hand a Kangaroo unit back in afterwards :wave:

Worth it for me but as I said it all depends on how disposable your cash is.....

Edited by MinT, 20 December 2010 - 19:35.

#18 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 19:56

:up: Great info thanks.

#19 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 20:07

Slight bump. Tickets for the Brit g.p go up at the end of the month. I got my general admission ones today. With a very reasonable £6 postage. :mad: £6 for an envelope. Dear oh dear.

Advertisement

#20 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 17:05

You can see the new areana section easily from the whole of Becketts. The main view that changes depending on where you sit is looking down hanger straight. That's better from the club end as you can see under the bridge, but from the opposite end the bridge obscures the view.

#21 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 17:07

The GA price makes Stowe look a bargain at £199. God knows what next years prices are going to be like.

#22 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 17:10

The view is great from the covered area, which you cant get into without club tickets (plenty from further down the stand tried and failed during the 3 days) You can see the stretch through Becketts as well as the new Arena section where there were a number of offs/overtaking attempts. In the distance is the exit from the new pit straight - which you can see but its not that close.

It was funny as me and my friend got into the covered area 3 times during Saturday despite not having the right tickets, never got challanged, yet everyone else was being turned away.

#23 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 17:12

The stand was moved a long way forwards last year, it's no furthur back than most other stands now.

#24 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 17:55

It was funny as me and my friend got into the covered area 3 times during Saturday despite not having the right tickets, never got challanged, yet everyone else was being turned away.

Maybe your "special" or something then  ;) - I remember lots were turned away because everytime we tried to re-enter the stand we had to wait while some nob tried to blag their way in with the wrong tickets only to be told to piss off. I guy with 3 kids in tow was very insistant to the point that a 2nd steward came over to help bar the stairway

#25 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 22:17

Maybe your "special" or something then ;) - I remember lots were turned away because everytime we tried to re-enter the stand we had to wait while some nob tried to blag their way in with the wrong tickets only to be told to piss off. I guy with 3 kids in tow was very insistant to the point that a 2nd steward came over to help bar the stairway

We watched 1 guy argue for about 10 minutes stating that his ticket allowed him into all stands and not just some of them. He was very indignant at being turned away, all the more amusing as we shouldn't have got in. Of course the other option was to go to the part you were allowed into and then simply walk back along the seats as there was no barrier seperating the sections, and no one watching for this.

#26 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 21:12

Slight bump. Tickets for the Brit g.p go up at the end of the month. I got my general admission ones today. With a very reasonable £6 postage. :mad: £6 for an envelope. Dear oh dear.

They don't appear to have gone up yet....

#27 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 21:49

They don't appear to have gone up yet....

Yeah, just noticed it say's until the end of Feb now. I'll let my mate know as he forgot to get them!

#28 secessionman

secessionman

• 347 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 20:11

So how to make the most of the weekend?

We finally settled on Club Silvertone tickets and camping at Litchlake so thats the main bits sorted.

Having decided to use the FP sessions to watch from a few different vantage points before using our grandstand for Quali and race, I've been trying to find out what else goes on around the place aside from the F1.

I've managed to find the support schedule for 2010 (GP2 x2, GP3, Porsche Supercup, Formula BMW Europe x2) but not a timetable, or indeed any info on 2011.

Also, it would be nice to hear from those who have been previously about other things like simulators, karting, evening entertainment, bars etc. as the F1 is only going to make up a very small percentage of the time we're actually going to spend there.

Any info would be welcome really as it's not proving easy to find unless I'm not seeing the wood for the trees, and as this is our first GP I'd like to make the most of it.

#29 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 22:12

So how to make the most of the weekend?

We finally settled on Club Silvertone tickets and camping at Litchlake so thats the main bits sorted.

Having decided to use the FP sessions to watch from a few different vantage points before using our grandstand for Quali and race, I've been trying to find out what else goes on around the place aside from the F1.

I've managed to find the support schedule for 2010 (GP2 x2, GP3, Porsche Supercup, Formula BMW Europe x2) but not a timetable, or indeed any info on 2011.

Also, it would be nice to hear from those who have been previously about other things like simulators, karting, evening entertainment, bars etc. as the F1 is only going to make up a very small percentage of the time we're actually going to spend there.

Any info would be welcome really as it's not proving easy to find unless I'm not seeing the wood for the trees, and as this is our first GP I'd like to make the most of it.

As you say use FP etc. to watch from as many places as possible. It's interesting to see things from different perspectives, and sometimes just moving 50 yards or so down the track makes things look totally different.

The timetable of events won't be available until much closer to the event.

There is a fairground across the road from the main entrance. There hasn't been any carting for a few years now. There are a few simulators around, but only the same ones you see at any fairground. There are entertainment zones around the circuit where different things are going on inbetween events, and they normal have a few acts on Sat evening, usually tribute bands. Last year there were some x-factor rejects like Chico on.

Over the back of the circuit there is the Porche centre where they thier own test circuit which you can take a porche around. No idea of the price. There's normally cars going round on the Stowe circuit which you pay to go in, but no idea what you actually get for your money.

There are helicopter trips available over the circuit. Think it was around £50 a pop last year, but not entirely sure.

Some of the sponsers have their own tents with various things going on. Vodafone being the main one. They bring drivers and team personnel out for interviews, but you have to be there at the right time, and we very rarely are.

I'd say one of the biggest disappointments about being there is that there is bugger all team wise to go and see. The teams bring absolutely nothing other than the race kit. BMW used to bring their pit-lane experience which was excellent.

#30 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 19:02

Yeah I spent most of Saturday 2009 walking the whole circuit perimeter which was nice and interesting, stopping now and then to watch a bit of whatever was on the track. I found during the F1 qualifying Hangar straight and Stowe stand a great area to be around. There is stuff to do about but you gotta hunt it down. The helicopter rides sound cool - I'll look for that this year.

#31 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 15:55

Yeah I spent most of Saturday 2009 walking the whole circuit perimeter which was nice and interesting, stopping now and then to watch a bit of whatever was on the track. I found during the F1 qualifying Hangar straight and Stowe stand a great area to be around. There is stuff to do about but you gotta hunt it down. The helicopter rides sound cool - I'll look for that this year.

Yes I have always been underwhelemed by the lack of other thing going on around the circuit - maybe it is just down to lack of space.

Something like the Goodwood FOS handles this aspect far better. Depends I guess if you are going to stay the whole day or just watch the F1 each day and then depart (which large numbers seem to do)

#32 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 13:29

Where is the best places to watch with GA tickets? Is there place to sit on the ground or you have to stand all the time? I will walk on Friday to see all the places, but will be nice to have some information before that.

#33 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 18:45

Where is the best places to watch with GA tickets? Is there place to sit on the ground or you have to stand all the time? I will walk on Friday to see all the places, but will be nice to have some information before that.

I've not done GA myself, but the best spot would probably be at club, that's assuming it's still GA there. There is a good chance the grandstands will have been extended in that area. There is a good area at Vale in front of the Club chicane. Most people take fold up chairs rather than stand. You do need to be at the gates very early on Sunday to get the best positions. I think the gates open at 6am, but there are people queued long before that and the best spots will probably be gone within the first 30-60 minutes.

#34 THEGrumpyOldMan

THEGrumpyOldMan

• 29 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 16:52

In the good old days we got Concorde, the Red Arrows and a Harrier 'jump jet'!

#35 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 19:33

We still get the Red Arrows and sometimes a Typhoon display. Not much changed there really.

#36 THEGrumpyOldMan

THEGrumpyOldMan

• 29 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 17:18

We still get the Red Arrows and sometimes a Typhoon display. Not much changed there really.

Will there be any spare Typhoons this year?
:lol:

#37 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 21:49

The typhoon in 2009 was amazing. We had a Harrier in 2003. Can't really remember anything else apart from the same old Red Arrows and Blue Eagles???? Helicopters. Impressive, but same old.

With GA tickets, the earlier the better. The last few years, getting up has been a problem :lol: and we've got in around 9/10 ish. Right at the back

Oh, yes, I remember Chico. My god. The most painful thing I have ever experienced. Even the G.P party was rubbish last year.

#38 wilsonf1

wilsonf1

• 23 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 22:04

The typhoon in 2009 was amazing. We had a Harrier in 2003. Can't really remember anything else apart from the same old Red Arrows and Blue Eagles???? Helicopters. Impressive, but same old.

With GA tickets, the earlier the better. The last few years, getting up has been a problem :lol: and we've got in around 9/10 ish. Right at the back

Oh, yes, I remember Chico. My god. The most painful thing I have ever experienced. Even the G.P party was rubbish last year.

Jamie Afro singing/pretending to be Bono last year was pretty dog shite

#39 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 20:28

Club tickets through. Yippie!
Dress code... mmm

Advertisement

#40 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:47

Dress code... mmm

They have a dress code for in there. :rotfl: :rotfl:

#41 Suzy

Suzy

• 1,099 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:22

A dress code? :lol: Ours in the SRC is, quite simply: "Make sure you're wearing some clothes whilst you're in the Clubhouse" (e.g. no bare chests on men... or women for that matter!) and "wear your pass at all times".

There is a dress code in the BRDC but I don't see that many people necessarily observing it.

#42 secessionman

secessionman

• 347 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:44

Dress code... mmm

What does it say about dress code?

Can't see any reference to one on mine.

Edit - Ok, seen it now.... 'Dress Code- The dress code is smart/casual. Please do not wear sportswear, ripped jeans or trainers'.

Well they're having a laugh surely? Trainers? Well if it's raining I might be wearing wellies but if it's dry what am I supposed to wear? Sandals? Slippers? Freshly polished black shoes?

I'm parting with a decent amount of money to spend 3 days walking round a circuit in god knows what weather and they're saying I can't wear comfortable footwear. That surely can't be right.

Oh, and sportswear... The tickets come with a complimentary voucher for a cap and a programme. What kind of cap it doesn't say but unless its an Albert Tatlock then I guess it's a baseball cap. 'You can have it sir but you can't wear it til Monday.'

Edited by secessionman, 09 June 2011 - 16:35.

#43 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 20:37

Just thinking about this parking thing we've got. Can we go back and forth to our car if necessary during the days? I got the impression with standard tickets a couple of years ago that once we were in the gate that was it.

#44 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 20:57

Just thinking about this parking thing we've got. Can we go back and forth to our car if necessary during the days? I got the impression with standard tickets a couple of years ago that once we were in the gate that was it.

You can go in and out, but get your hand stamped on the way out.

#45 Murraytastic

Murraytastic

• 93 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 20:58

We went back to the car last year to get extra food, no problems. Well, apart from it being a very long way and taking forever! We're planning on carrying everything with us that we need for the day this year.

#46 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 20:59

What does it say about dress code?

Can't see any reference to one on mine.

Edit - Ok, seen it now.... 'Dress Code- The dress code is smart/casual. Please do not wear sportswear, ripped jeans or trainers'.

Well they're having a laugh surely? Trainers? Well if it's raining I might be wearing wellies but if it's dry what am I supposed to wear? Sandals? Slippers? Freshly polished black shoes?

I'm parting with a decent amount of money to spend 3 days walking round a circuit in god knows what weather and they're saying I can't wear comfortable footwear. That surely can't be right.

Oh, and sportswear... The tickets come with a complimentary voucher for a cap and a programme. What kind of cap it doesn't say but unless its an Albert Tatlock then I guess it's a baseball cap. 'You can have it sir but you can't wear it til Monday.'

I reckon they think your not going to go anywhere else. It's rather OTT though.

#47 MinT

MinT

• 2,280 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:41

We went back to the car last year to get extra food, no problems. Well, apart from it being a very long way and taking forever! We're planning on carrying everything with us that we need for the day this year.

Parking for Club Silverstone is literally right opposite the Becketts stand - 5 min walk max.

#48 Murraytastic

Murraytastic

• 93 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 20:46

Parking for Club Silverstone is literally right opposite the Becketts stand - 5 min walk max.

Sorry, should have clarified that was just down to our bad planning and ending up sitting miles from where we parked :)

#49 secessionman

secessionman

• 347 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 21:32

.....Dress Code.....

I've had it confirmed by Silverstone that you will not be refused entry to Club Silverstone if you are wearing trainers (sorry but I didn't specifically ask about ripped jeans or sportswear).

Silverstone accept that if you're camping you will be walking the circuit 3 times minimum over the weekend and that it wouldn't be reasonable in these circumstances to enforce the dress code.

If anyone has any problems with over officious stewards at the gate head to the office (I presume this is an office at the Becketts grandstand) and they will get you in.

I'm not sure I should put names on here but the young lady at Silverstone very kindly put this in an email for me, meaning one less thing to worry about.

#50 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 17:44

Oh...

I've just realised my club tickets have a 3 day allocated seat number. Can't get into other stands on Saturday then?