Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:03

I assume they're Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso and Pedro Lamy

Not to forget James Hunt ;)

Advertisement

#52 fastlegs

fastlegs

• 1,956 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 16:37

After reading the interview MW gave to Jonathan Noble and Rob Schatten, I really admire his candor. :up:

I find it very refreshing when a sportsman gives proper replies to an interviewer's questions as opposed to short canned responses.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/86505

#53 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 27,064 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 17:00

The big question that comes to me when i saw that article is can someone on Mark's salary afford real estate in Australia?

#54 race addicted

race addicted

• 19,744 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 20:16

Q. Are you expecting some people to be especially aggressive here in Monza?

MW: I think some people were pretty aggressive in Spa! JB doesn't change anything, really, Seb might do a bit but Jenson changes nothing.

-What does he mean here?

Edited by race addicted, 09 September 2010 - 20:17.

#55 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

• 798 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 22:41

The big question that comes to me when i saw that article is can someone on Mark's salary afford real estate in Australia?

:lol:

He can rent my spare room. Only 30kms from downtown Qbyan too ... :smoking:

#56 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

• 798 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 22:47

Q. Are you expecting some people to be especially aggressive here in Monza?

MW: I think some people were pretty aggressive in Spa! JB doesn't change anything, really, Seb might do a bit but Jenson changes nothing.

-What does he mean here?

Waffle? :confused:

Well, at a guess, I'd say he is contrasting the 'fast but unpredictable' Seb with the 'fast and consistent' Jenson. Stereotypes yes, but not a million miles from what the results show.

#57 slideways

slideways

• 3,312 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 01:15

I think he means whether Jenson's driving will affect his race (as far as I know those two have never tangled despite all their close racing over the years).

#58 chuffbiscuits

chuffbiscuits

• 250 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 21:19

Wow - hard to believe Maaaak Wibbah's thread is only this long - I guess most of his fans are in the versus thread busily defending him from Vettel fans ;)

I'm a McLaren fan and want nothing more than a British WDC this year - Hamilton preferably but it'd also be brilliant to cheer Button getting the first ever British back-to-back WDC. If neither of them wins it, I hope like hell it's Webber because I like the bloke a lot and he's driven some great races, made some mistakes like all the others (apart from JB) and would be a great WDC. May the best man win :up:

#59 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

• 1,352 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 21:21

Who would have believed a year ago that there would come a time when you have to book an interview with Mark Webber weeks beforehand in order to ask directly the strongest WDC-candidate's thoughts before the season ends..

I'll never understand why a journalist opens an article like this. RBR finished last season 2nd in the CC, and their drivers finished 2nd and 4th in the DC.

Although Webber did finish the season behind Vettel, anything can happen the following season. Obviously RBR's an accomplished team (they scored more points than McLaren and Ferrari combined), and Webber finished the season with two podiums, bettering Vettel. He's certainly not incompetent.

All this ever does it make a journalist sound ignorant of the sport they're writing about?

Advertisement

#60 Supersleeper

Supersleeper

• 1,441 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 23:12

Oh well, nevermind. Only reason I brought them here was that I thought they were positive but obviously they weren't so they are deleted now :well:

Read them before you deleted them - cheers Wolfie. :up:

#61 Supersleeper

Supersleeper

• 1,441 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 23:13

Wow - hard to believe Maaaak Wibbah's thread is only this long - I guess most of his fans are in the versus thread busily defending him from Vettel fans ;)

Probably more to do with our demographic.....  ;)

#62 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:27

want nothing more than a British WDC this year

What another one? Aint two in two seasons enough? :stoned:

#63 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,683 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:29

What another one? Aint two in two seasons enough? :stoned:

Nope.

#64 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:03

Nope.

Typical :lol:

#65 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,683 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:04

Typical :lol:

I'm greedy like that. ;)

#66 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 13:20

I'm greedy like that.;)

lol well I was the same with MS winning, and I was always happy 2000-04 lol eh of course I only cared for him in red hehe

#67 sportzgal82

sportzgal82

• 465 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 13:37

I cant tell you how nervous I am for this week.....after Brittan I was thinking ok we are going to Spa and Monza and he will probally be behind in the standings so Im going to enjoy it

Now hes still on top after Redbull two worst rounds and going into some pro redbull tracks I am starting to believe that It must just happen...

#68 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 13:40

Yea it will be so great I tell you! Only could be so much better had he been in red hehe. But yea on the 30th anniversary of the last Aussie title winner, it would sure be so special! I hope it dun take another 30 years for next Aussie winner...

#69 sportzgal82

sportzgal82

• 465 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 13:51

true :)

30 years hey.....the stars are aligning :D

#70 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 15:42

true :)

30 years hey.....the stars are aligning :D

Yea and what a cool sight it is :clap:

#71 fastlegs

fastlegs

• 1,956 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 19:52

As a Mark Webber fan I really want to see him win the WDC.

However, he must really improve his starts in order to increase his chances of better track position and wins in the remaining 3 races.

At the next Friday practice in Korea he should take the time to practice his starts.

#72 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

• 1,352 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 20:08

At the next Friday practice in Korea he should take the time to practice his starts.

Excellent! They'll have that track torn-up even before Saturday!!!

#73 sanjiro

sanjiro

• 1,895 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:14

As a Mark Webber fan I really want to see him win the WDC.

However, he must really improve his starts in order to increase his chances of better track position and wins in the remaining 3 races.

This start issue only began happing in the last few races.
Earlier slow starts were for all the normal reasons, (dirty side of the track or just bad positioning)
The last bunch have been more to do with the car than the drive, shown by SV having similar bad starts (with the exception of the last race)

However if its not sorted by the next race then MW will not be WDC in 2010

#74 Spa One

Spa One

• 344 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:08

This start issue only began happing in the last few races.
Earlier slow starts were for all the normal reasons, (dirty side of the track or just bad positioning)
The last bunch have been more to do with the car than the drive, shown by SV having similar bad starts (with the exception of the last race)

However if its not sorted by the next race then MW will not be WDC in 2010

Do Red Bull have any straight line testing milage left? Could be handy to test those starts.

#75 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 3,492 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:48

well I dont think their starts are as terrible anymore. But renault is way better than everyone now.

#76 Zava

Zava

• 5,089 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:23

well I dont think their starts are as terrible anymore. But renault is way better than everyone now.

I agree, Kubica passing Webber wasn't because of a Webber failure at start, but because of dirty track + Kubica taking good starts this year. someone (maybe Webber?) said if the straight would've been longer, Kubica could even pass Vettel at the start.

#77 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,209 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:02

Webber's latest road tests with James Cracknell

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Last years:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

The bloke is a natural in front of the camera imo.

#78 The Passenger

The Passenger

• 1,024 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:18

Bumping the thread to wish Mark all the best.

Good luck, my favourite big-jawed Aussie!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#79 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:53

Bumping the thread to wish Mark all the best.

Good luck, my favourite big-jawed Aussie!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Great bump! Go Webbo!!

Advertisement

#80 Hezz

Hezz

• 348 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:56

I'm in :wave:
GO GO Mark :clap:

#81 Powersteer

Powersteer

• 2,460 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:00

Mark Webber would have rapped it up now if it was not for his stupid looking spoilt brat team mate and brats sugar daddy..damn i want webber to get this one so badly because he deserves it and to rub it in. I can see stupid brat preferring Alonso to take it than his own team mate..

:cool:

Edited by Powersteer, 13 November 2010 - 10:12.

#82 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:17

Mark Webber would have rapped it up now if it was not for his stupid looking spoilt brat team mate and brats sugar daddy..damn i want webber to get this one so badly because he deserves it and to rub it in. I can see stupid brat preferring Alonso to take it than his own team mate..

Wow! How can your thoughts be mine? :D

#83 LukeM

LukeM

• 966 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:23

Webber would have it wrapped up if he didnt **** up in Korea, he only has himself to blame

#84 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:25

Webber would have it wrapped up if he didnt **** up in Korea, he only has himself to blame

Ha! That was scripted to make the last race a great suspense. Don't you know that F1 is not a sport but a business? :lol:

#85 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,722 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:42

Well, yes, and Vettel could have wrapped it up but for engine problems, Hamilton but for Webber and Alonso but for a couple of mistakes.

Webber is Clay Regazzoni. Blindingly fast at times, but on-track somewhat at odds with a fair racing mentality. Will have one chance to win the title before his younger team-mate overtakes him. Question is whether he will take it or bottle it. 1974 all over again.

#86 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:46

You could say that about Vettel in Turkey or Belgium. Whilst Webber couldn't have cocked up at a worse time but the championship is decided over 19 races not one.

Edit: I was beaten to it. I like your style Ensign14. :up: .

Edited by DILLIGAF, 13 November 2010 - 10:49.

#87 HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

• 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:59

You could say that about Vettel in Turkey or Belgium. Whilst Webber couldn't have cocked up at a worse time but the championship is decided over 19 races not one.

You might want to read the thread before you comment

This what had been said:

To which this was replied

The comment was a reply to the guy who blamed Seb for Mark's failure to have wrapped up the WDC.

So I can't see why you bring up Seb's faults. Turkey, I can understand but Spa is irrelevant.

Edited by HappyPhantom, 13 November 2010 - 11:02.

#88 figue

figue

• 191 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:26

I want to be the first to congrat mark, the championship is yours man, you deserve it!

#89 LukeM

LukeM

• 966 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:35

I am one of the biggest Webber fans on this board, but he's made a fair few blunders same as Vettel. At the end of the day he has not been as fast as Vettel in the second half of the year barring a couple of tracks, but hes been consistent. If he wins the championship, I really hope he wins the race on merrit rather than given to him by Vettel.

Edited by LukeM, 13 November 2010 - 11:35.

#90 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:37

I am one of the biggest Webber fans on this board, but he's made a fair few blunders same as Vettel. At the end of the day he has not been as fast as Vettel in the second half of the year barring a couple of tracks, but hes been consistent. If he wins the championship, I really hope he wins the race on merrit rather than given to him by Vettel.

I can't argue with that mate. :up: Sorry about the confusion, thought you were having a crack at Webbo!! :blush:

Edited by DILLIGAF, 13 November 2010 - 11:39.

#91 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:38

You might want to read the thread before you comment

This what had been said:

To which this was replied

The comment was a reply to the guy who blamed Seb for Mark's failure to have wrapped up the WDC.

So I can't see why you bring up Seb's faults. Turkey, I can understand but Spa is irrelevant.

Doh, sorry dude & sorry Luke. I took it out of context!! :blush:

#92 HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

• 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:44

Dude, i was commenting on LukeM comment only if you don't mind. He says Webber blew in Korea, 1 race. That logic could be applied to Vettel also. Don't you get it?

No you don't get it! Maybe you should check what people are commenting on before just jump to conlusions.

LukeM, only mentioned Korea because Powersteer claims that the reason Webber hasn't claim the tittle yet was because of Seb and seems to ignore the actual moments where Mark made mistakes which were his own doing, like Korea. He didn't claim the 3 others didn't make mistakes and were faultless. He just said Mark wasn't.

All 4 contenders have made mistakes that could cost them the WDC, that includes Mark. So saying that Mark's failure to have wrapped up the WDC is only down to Seb is ridiculous.

Doh, sorry dude & sorry Luke. I took it out of context!! :blush:

Ooh man, you made write this for nothing! And the first part sounds inappropiate now :well:

Well at least you understand what we meant. One thing though, could you stop calling me dude, it's weird be called like that, when you don't have a penis. :stoned:

Edited by HappyPhantom, 13 November 2010 - 11:48.

#93 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:36

No you don't get it! Maybe you should check what people are commenting on before just jump to conlusions.

LukeM, only mentioned Korea because Powersteer claims that the reason Webber hasn't claim the tittle yet was because of Seb and seems to ignore the actual moments where Mark made mistakes which were his own doing, like Korea. He didn't claim the 3 others didn't make mistakes and were faultless. He just said Mark wasn't.

All 4 contenders have made mistakes that could cost them the WDC, that includes Mark. So saying that Mark's failure to have wrapped up the WDC is only down to Seb is ridiculous.

Ooh man, you made write this for nothing! And the first part sounds inappropiate now :well:

Well at least you understand what we meant. One thing though, could you stop calling me dude, it's weird be called like that, when you don't have a penis. :stoned:

:lol: Sorry.... Miss? Lovely lady? Darling? Seetness & light? or just HappyPhantom?  ;) :)

#94 HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

• 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:25

:lol: Sorry.... Miss? Lovely lady? Darling? Seetness & light? or just HappyPhantom? ;) :)

What do you mean with "Seetnes & light". I never heard that before.

HappyPhantom will do :)

#95 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,655 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:27

Ha! That was scripted to make the last race a great suspense. Don't you know that F1 is not a sport but a business? :lol:

Seems Mark's qual today was scripted as well :drunk:

#96 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 3,209 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:36

What do you mean with "Sweetnes & light". I never heard that before.

HappyPhantom will do :)

Fixed.

#97 HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom

• 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:40

Fixed.

OOoh I'm a bit disappointed now, I thought I was going to expand my vocabulary.  ;)

#98 The Passenger

The Passenger

• 1,024 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:04

Seems Mark's qual today was scripted as well :drunk:

The scriptwriters wrote an Alan Smithee film. :(

Come on, Mark! You've still got a chance! Posted Image

#99 FastMex

FastMex

• 251 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:12

Come on, Mark! You've still got a chance! Posted Image
[/quote]

Next year :well:

Advertisement

#100 WhiteBlue

WhiteBlue

• 2,138 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:48

Source
I’m lucky I’ve got a lot of support in the UK and people have been very supportive of me in the last few weeks. In particular, they have been patting me on the back and that sort of thing. Now that Jenson is out of the title race and Lewis is virtually out, I’m the token Brit. Part of that is because a lot of F1 fans are McLaren fans, so obviously they don’t ­particularly like Fernando after what happened when he was with the team. The Brits don’t like Germans that much either – so I’m the best of the rest by default. I expect them to cheer me on!

Sounds to me like a media whore.