Photo

F1 2010 PS3 Owners thread

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 482 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:00

Thought it best to start a new thread rather than fill the opther one up with posts that about two thirds of the members aren't interested in....

Anyone up for a Singapore race tomorrow night? I haven't tried the on-line play just yet, so i'm not sure how it works.......

I've noticed that there appears to be a few PS3 gamers on here, and others have mentioned getting a race on, so anyone keen?

Edited by Murdoch, 24 September 2010 - 12:01.

Advertisement

#2 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:12

I tried some random pickup games which went well enough. I havent tried to look into the multiplayer setup any further though.. will definitely look forward to some races with people from here though.

Im in new zealand so probably not the right one to host, depending on how the lags work out.

#3 D-man

D-man

• 265 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 13:46

My PSN id is Thuniram. Add me as a friend and i would love to race/compare times etc. What are your id's?

#4 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 15:09

My PSN ID is NelsonJr...just say the word and I'll get the safety car out for you.

#5 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 22:57

ID is von_shaunus add me to your lists as you please.. obviously my online times are a little different from most but Im up for it.

#6 D-man

D-man

• 265 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 23:28

For the record, I use a wheel. It may be good to know who is using which controller.
I expect to be doing mostly time trial as well.

#7 Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious

• 995 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 20:13

PSN ID is wAsh67

Controller will be the standard 6-axis handset. My littlest got the wheel & pedals in the divorce shitfest.

:lol:

#8 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 21:19

my ID is rm180. any races sunday? Maybe after the GP.

#9 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:56

psn: Ergakael

I'm pretty crap and still getting used to my DFGT but I'll race fairly even if you lap me :D

#10 reason42

reason42

• 295 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 16:37

my PSN id is BeezleBob and I have the G25 wheel. After 9pm UK is when I can play.

I think I'm better than I actually am!

#11 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 17:29

I think I'm better than I actually am!

Dont we all :)
Have been having some great online battles, its like a different game, can see myself just racing online from now on, its more rewarding and no annoying bugs. Just got to learn all the tracks now :smoking:

#12 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 20:07

carrot85

#13 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 21:13

I agree about online racing being where the game shines.

Im using dualshock unfortunately, no wheel for a little while yet :(

#14 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 21:25

Im online now if anyone wants a race.

#15 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 22:17

count me in! id: darkdlo84

#16 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 22:47

Hey guys,

My PS3 name is Birelman in case anyone is interested in dropping me a friend request to play F1 2010

#17 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 00:23

Usually when PSN people want to play together they add each other on their friends list. Then one of them organizes the "party" and sends the invites (never done that on F1 2010 yet) to the others. Once there is enough guys around the big game starts.
I will create a PSN ID fo F1 because the other one is full-up already, so you can trash me.

Another option is facebook. But a thread is a good thing too.

The game itself is pretty good. I wish the OSD was better because I don't have much clue about my position in the race in general. I mean the gaps of course. Otherwise it's fun. Must find out how to turn off the chatters though. Yesterday someone dropped a headset in a baby pram and that was slightly upsetting.

Edited by Mary Popsins, 27 September 2010 - 00:24.

#18 Nathan

Nathan

• 6,922 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 00:41

My friends are buying this game for PS3. I don't have a PS3 and prefer games on PC. Is it possible for us to race multi-player against each other on different systems?

#19 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:23

I will create a PSN ID fo F1 because the other one is full-up already, so you can trash me.

hah someone doesnt want us to know he has a full set of trophies in 'Barbie island princess'

;)

Advertisement

#20 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:47

hah someone doesnt want us to know he has a full set of trophies in 'Barbie island princess'

;)

:rotfl:

mostly GTA4 and Battlefield. It takes a lot of people to create a squad. :p

if there is any Barbie I will pretend it's the kids anyway..

#21 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 18:05

Ok got a few of you as friends on psn, though i think your not in europe coz you sign in late (BST). Anyway, well have to try to arrange a time to play :) Loving this game online!

#22 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 18:46

danardif1

Available until 9pm every day of the week, and beyond that on thursday, friday and saturday.

Tried a bit of online racing already, it was ok but there were a fair few idiots who thought the best way to win a race was try and cripple you at the start... I'm more clever than that and just avoided it. It'd be nice to race some more civilised people!!!

Edited by DanardiF1, 27 September 2010 - 18:46.

#23 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 20:36

Im in new zealand, but can be on at some wierd hours here if I decide to play instead of work in a morning for instance, or stay up all night.

#24 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:39

Stuggling to get up this morning, 1 or 2 too many races last night/this morning with showtime, great races tho. Hope to race you again tonight :D

#25 reason42

reason42

• 295 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:47

Hi to those who have invited me into gaming sessions. Please note that I am a total noob when it comes to online gaming - I couldn't see how to open and reply to messages and invites. I've now worked out how to do it. However my next problem is that I don't know many of the circuts that well. I'm really strong on Suzuka (my fave), Montreal and Melbourne. The rest I'm useless on.

Is there a way to create a lobby for say just one track that we can agree on we know well enough to compete well on?

#26 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:46

Stuggling to get up this morning, 1 or 2 too many races last night/this morning with showtime, great races tho. Hope to race you again tonight :D

I've got to play a lot so I can improve my performance because I've got many problems with fresh new tyres, Monza was like ice skating. My best lap in races is up there with your qualy times but when I finally get a lap together I'm very far from the first positions. It was fun anyway :lol:

#27 mmmcurry

mmmcurry

• 2,725 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:10

mmmcurry (shocker).

Only had a couple of races. So far I'm a bit like Massa when he first started with Sauber, fast, but I keep spinning the damn car!

Steve.

#28 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:41

I've got to play a lot so I can improve my performance because I've got many problems with fresh new tyres, Monza was like ice skating. My best lap in races is up there with your qualy times but when I finally get a lap together I'm very far from the first positions. It was fun anyway :lol:

Me to, i was woeful at suzuka, i dont think my tyres we at optimum all race (due to my many excursions). And need to learn all the tracks, i have only been on about six of them.

#29 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,360 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 14:37

mmmcurry (shocker).

Only had a couple of races. So far I'm a bit like Massa when he first started with Sauber, fast, but I keep spinning the damn car!

Steve.

This.

#30 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 18:03

marypops1138.

I will add the lot of you and I promise you'll have a laugh.

:p

#31 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:59

I was terrible last night showtime, i think it was turkey where i couldnt get anywhere near your and audios lap times. In Spa i spun on every lap in wet qually :mad: On tracks where we are evenly matched one of us always seemed to make a mistake in the first corner :lol:

#32 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:45

I'm struggling with tyres on the race. If I start on option I can be up there for the first half of the race but then I loose a lot of time making a pit stop. If I use primes I don't have to stop but first couple of laps it's like driving on wet conditions and then I've got to push too much to recover lost time. At least I was able to get the pole on Malaysia!

#33 mmmcurry

mmmcurry

• 2,725 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:47

I was struggling in China last night, the damn cat kept headbutting my hands whilst I was trying to race. That's something nobody on the real grid has to deal with!

Steve.

#34 reason42

reason42

• 295 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:50

I was struggling in China last night, the damn cat kept headbutting my hands whilst I was trying to race. That's something nobody on the real grid has to deal with!

Steve.

Me too - I was on China (I am useless on this track) and my cat was trying to get on my lap!

#35 goingthedistance

goingthedistance
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,471 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:01

Cats and gaming, that should be a thread in itself!

We use a Fatboy beanbag to play the game with the G27 and a wheelstand. Problem is the beanbag is normally annexed by our (very large) ginger cat. Since F1 2010 has arrived we've been hogging the beanbag, and the cat is not happy! To retaliate she randomly launches onto the back of the bag in an attempt to reassert her ownership. Makes online racing that much harder.

My PSN ID is d_and_m2 if anyone wants to add. I'm one of the seemingly few women out there that enjoys F1 games. My husband is about 5 seconds a lap off my pace. ;-)

Edited by goingthedistance, 29 September 2010 - 11:09.

#36 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:38

I'm struggling with tyres on the race. If I start on option I can be up there for the first half of the race but then I loose a lot of time making a pit stop. If I use primes I don't have to stop but first couple of laps it's like driving on wet conditions and then I've got to push too much to recover lost time. At least I was able to get the pole on Malaysia!

I usually start on options don't pit and hope i can still get some sort of a lap time with them the second half of the race. Its difficult not to have an off or two in the final laps, and is annoying when you spin out of a podium position on second to last corner or something, but atleast your in contention, where as using primes its as you say difficult keep up at first causing you to push to hard, make a mistake and lose more time. I think our races are to short to gain any time by pitting.

#37 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:19

I was terrible last night showtime, i think it was turkey where i couldnt get anywhere near your and audios lap times. In Spa i spun on every lap in wet qually :mad: On tracks where we are evenly matched one of us always seemed to make a mistake in the first corner :lol:

A game for you: Burnout Takedown.

:lol:

#38 Collective

Collective

• 1,522 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 14:48

Count me in: thecoller

I just got the game yesterday, but I'm afraid I'm still very slow considering the leaderboards. I did 20 or so laps at Sao Paulo and all I got was a 1.13.XXX ... I don't think that's even a top 800. In my defense, I was using a Virgin.

#39 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 19:20

Apologies to RM for a godawful race in oz last night. I did not complete a single clean lap in either qual or race. I really should have gone to bed instead eheh

Advertisement

#40 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 22:30

Okay why is it that I can do perfectly competitive times on my own, can win at singapore in a pickup online race, but in a race with you guys I cant do a single clean lap? embarrassingggggg

#41 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 23:37

Okay why is it that I can do perfectly competitive times on my own, can win at singapore in a pickup online race, but in a race with you guys I cant do a single clean lap? embarrassingggggg

Hey Sorry I left the game before... i lost my internet connection and was running out of time to get to work, so had to just leave it... I can let you know when I'm gonna be on next so we can try and do the same again!?!

#42 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 23:46

I figured that was what happened when you left PSN and the game at the same time. Such is the internet.

Im always up for a game anytime I am online.. but my times are completely unpredictable. Much like my line in corners it seems ;)

Edited by baddog, 29 September 2010 - 23:47.

#43 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 23:58

Maybe because of tyre simulation, by half distance at Monaco my tyres were completely destroyed and i fell back to last place, unable to complete a lap with out spinning on every other corner. Have you noticed how inconsistent AI is on different tracks? after you left we qualified about a second faster then AI at Canada, and next race struggled to get within six seconds of them.

#44 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 00:06

Maybe because of tyre simulation, by half distance at Monaco my tyres were completely destroyed and i fell back to last place, unable to complete a lap with out spinning on every other corner. Have you noticed how inconsistent AI is on different tracks? after you left we qualified about a second faster then AI at Canada, and next race struggled to get within six seconds of them.

I guess, though I couldnt get a clean one in in qualy either. ah well. practice practice practice I guess.

I vastly prefer racing against people than AI whenever possible. (Especially the AI Vettel who just tries to kill everyone)

#45 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 00:12

I vastly prefer racing against people than AI whenever possible. (Especially the AI Vettel who just tries to kill everyone)

Me too, i lose interest pretty quickly against AI. Just perhaps sometimes a bit rash against people, too eager to beat them where as bide my time against AI. AI Schumi isnt much better than Vettel :lol:

#46 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:50

Me too, i lose interest pretty quickly against AI. Just perhaps sometimes a bit rash against people, too eager to beat them where as bide my time against AI. AI Schumi isnt much better than Vettel :lol:

I find that I bide my time more with the online guys, because most of them mess up somewhere round the lap trying to look good, whereas I work on my consistency and cruise past them at a canter!!

#47 baddog

baddog

• 29,694 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:49

I find that I bide my time more with the online guys, because most of them mess up somewhere round the lap trying to look good, whereas I work on my consistency and cruise past them at a canter!!

Degner curves, Suzuka calling!

Losing count of how many people I pass as they sit in the gravel at turn 9 there.. just SO tempting to go too fast.

#48 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:59

Degner curves, Suzuka calling!

Losing count of how many people I pass as they sit in the gravel at turn 9 there.. just SO tempting to go too fast.

Ditto

Add to that: Lesmos @ Monza, Chapel @ Silverstone, the end of the straight in Abu Dhabi (people gotta work on their braking points)... there's always a spot on a circuit where people think they're the business and proceed to show the more sensible of us that they're SOOO not! :p

#49 Ninjastar

Ninjastar

• 92 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:04

Woo! Add me:

Type_raveR

Although im still waiting delivery of my game, ill be up for online gaming for sure! I doubt ill play through career, maybe a season then just play it race by race, ONLINE!

#50 rm111

rm111

• 406 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:19

Finding a lot of poor driving in a pick up online races. Had four 3 lap races this afternoon, won first with ease, second taken out on first corner, dropped to last, came back to finish 3rd 4 seconds behind winner. Third race everyone behind seemed to be using me to brake for corners punting me down the order, again i fought my way back up, passing cars in gravel traps and bits of wing everywhere, this time to finnish a distant second. The fourth race i hung back let the chaos infold in front of me, picked my way through the wreckage and took the lead about 3 corners from the finish. :smoking: