Photo

Mallala - South Australian circuit

• Please log in to reply
312 replies to this topic

#301 ken devine

ken devine

• 744 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:35

Charlie Mitchell has restored the Elfin but i think it may still be waiting for the engine which was supposed to be fitted for the Tasman revival, the car was on display in the main marquee without the engine, i have posted a photo elsewhere showing Frank Matich and Charlie inspecting the car.

Advertisement

#302 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 5,768 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:35

These are lifts from the video....mainly to show my only shots of car 37.
He's not listed in the programme.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
John Medley

Posted Image
John Medley & Michael Shearer: the high wheeled Ford A was not enjoying the damp track.

The Vee is Don Grievson, a well known name from the past. I spoke too him briefly Sunday and he seemed quite enthusiastic.

#303 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 5,768 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:38

A tiny little snippet of the FJ
http://www.youtube.c...ayer_detailpage

I will have to tell Graham, though I think he lurks on here sometimes.

#304 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 5,768 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:44

Do we know anything more about this gorgeous device....Eastern States car? where can I see used in anger? :love:

Read the last 2 pages of the thread Mick, both the early Lola 5000s have had a fair mention.

#305 Everlieb10

Everlieb10

• 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 00:09

Do we know anything more about this gorgeous device....Eastern States car? where can I see used in anger? :love:

Not sure when John plans to run the car again, its for sale see the link below

http://www.my105.com...45/Default.aspx

#306 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 6,919 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 00:25

Read the last 2 pages of the thread Mick, both the early Lola 5000s have had a fair mention.

Did that...and (once again)...stuff did not jump out of the page! :confused:

#307 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 6,919 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 00:28

Many thanks, love you and your Brothers records man! :wave:

Hmmmm....maybe Lola5000 could scoop it up and run it in the East :p

#308 AnnieOz

AnnieOz

• 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:16

Great shots guys. Finally stopped for a breath after Easter. I enjoyed the racing from my vantage point, but have really enjoyed the photo graphs shared here. Just a little brag though. Dad had been trying to win the DG Fraser trophy forever, and we are proud to say Michael brought it home. Not too often I'm lost for words at the mike but this was one of those times.

Does anyone have pics of the amazing tribute to Glen Dix or have I missed a very deserved thread on the forum

Cheers
Annie

#309 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 5,768 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 22:42

Great shots guys. Finally stopped for a breath after Easter. I enjoyed the racing from my vantage point, but have really enjoyed the photo graphs shared here. Just a little brag though. Dad had been trying to win the DG Fraser trophy forever, and we are proud to say Michael brought it home. Not too often I'm lost for words at the mike but this was one of those times.

Does anyone have pics of the amazing tribute to Glen Dix or have I missed a very deserved thread on the forum

Cheers
Annie

Anne, I took some pics of Glen. BUT I did it with my phone [left my camera home Saturday] and I have to get someone to help me get them out of it!! I will try though I feel some others from this forum may have taken some too.

And congrats to Michael and the extended Shearer clan.

#310 timbo

timbo

• 314 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:40

I know John Bryant's Lola is old by F5000 standards, but having raced in the 1212-1213 Tasman Revival series? For Johns sake, I just hope its not a "one owner" car. :)

Fully rebuilt.Fresh engine,new LG600 gearbox.Restored to match its 1968 configuration as raced by Jerry Hansen.Only car to beat Dan Gurneys Eagles in 1968.Raced Tasman Revival Series 2011-2012 and 1212-1213.Spares package CAMS Logbook and COD

#311 Ericoz

Ericoz

• 20 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 14:43

I know John Bryant's Lola is old by F5000 standards, but having raced in the 1212-1213 Tasman Revival series? For Johns sake, I just hope its not a "one owner" car. :)

Fully rebuilt.Fresh engine,new LG600 gearbox.Restored to match its 1968 configuration as raced by Jerry Hansen.Only car to beat Dan Gurneys Eagles in 1968.Raced Tasman Revival Series 2011-2012 and 1212-1213.Spares package CAMS Logbook and COD

I sincerely hope that it's not a "One Owner"! Okay, John crashed it at Phillip Island but he gifted the car to us when he had it re-built and we owe him a lot! This is a very special car and to be able to say that you have driven it in anger, that's something special! Thank you John, it's really nice to see this Lola back on the track. I hope that one day we may see the ex- Trengove Lola T332 re-built again. I must admit that I saw the end of F5000 coming before many but I still admired anyone that could control these beasts! Ken Smith must be the master.

#312 lyntonh

lyntonh

• 799 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:40

More photos from the Easter Sunday 2013 Historics

Posted Image
Dick O'Keefe's Photon Special

Posted Image
At the west end of the pits

Posted Image
Lago Talbot

Posted Image
Stuart Krug's Austin seven & ?

Posted Image
Will Walker Lotus 7

#313 lyntonh

lyntonh

• 799 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:50

Posted Image
Nigel Tait's Matich SR4....going much slower than the last time I saw it at Warwick Farm in 1971.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Going to rain?
Posted Image
Elfin ME5....again utterly different to the Farm 1971

Posted Image
Pete FFrench's Elfin Clubman

Posted Image
Fred Sayers Leyland Clubman GT