Mintex Rally

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 petom

petom

• 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 13:00

Hello everybody,

I am trying to complete the history of a particular car and to do that I need the complete entry lists and results for the 1977 1978, 1979 events. Can anyone help?
I could also do with the 1978 Scottish Rally as well.
Regards
Tom Bradley

Advertisement

#2 BRG

BRG

• 25,941 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 18:02

Sorry, but you may not be too lucky with this question - see this previous thread when someone else asked about the 1977 Mintex - http://forums.autosp...howtopic=103292

Maybe if you give some details about the car in which you are interested, that might shake some fruit off the tree?

#3 petom

petom

• 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 19:07

Sorry, but you may not be too lucky with this question - see this previous thread when someone else asked about the 1977 Mintex - http://forums.autosp...howtopic=103292

Maybe if you give some details about the car in which you are interested, that might shake some fruit off the tree?

Well here goes - the tree is shaking!! The car is a Mini Clubman GT (GTL 430N). It definitely did the 78 Mintex, competitor number 51 and won its class crewed by Barton/George. It also did the 79 Mintex, competitor number 30 crewed by Barton/George but how did it finish? Did it do the 77 Mintex?. It was also entered on the 78 Scottish but what number? and did it finish?
Tom

#4 Les Dalton

Les Dalton

• 99 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 21:22

Hi Tom,
Les Dalton here in France, re your questions about the 1275 Gt Mini, I competed in the 77/78/79/80/81 Mintex International rallies, but unfortunately, my co-driver kept all the rally documentation.
What I have got though, is the programme and the final results for the 1978 Scottish International rally, and it appears that Bill Barton and Don George were seeded at car No 60 for this rally, but looking at the stage times, they did not complete the first stage, and must have been withdrawn before the start.
Hope this is of some help,
Kind Regards,
Les Dalton.

#5 petom

petom

• 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 21:00

Well here goes - the tree is shaking!! The car is a Mini Clubman GT (GTL 430N). It definitely did the 78 Mintex, competitor number 51 and won its class crewed by Barton/George. It also did the 79 Mintex, competitor number 30 crewed by Barton/George but how did it finish? Did it do the 77 Mintex?. It was also entered on the 78 Scottish but what number? and did it finish?
Tom

Thanks Les. I have got a copy of the entry list for the that Scottish and it seems, as you suggest, that they did not start. no joy on the other events though. Good luck with your book

Tom Bradley

#6 Brynmor

Brynmor

• 101 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 21:32

Tom

This number plate rings a bell, did the car do Astra Stages in late 90's? Red with a white roof?

#7 petom

petom

• 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 19:53

This number plate rings a bell, did the car do Astra Stages in late 90's? Red with a white roof?

The cars last events were the '86 Rally D'Antibes and the Rohan historic Rally. It was then despatched to the garage until 2004 when it was restored.
Tom

#8 Brynmor

Brynmor

• 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 22:01

The cars last events were the '86 Rally D'Antibes and the Rohan historic Rally. It was then despatched to the garage until 2004 when it was restored.
Tom

Sorry it was parked next to me at Cpop...my memory is going.. :drunk: