1964/1965 Ford Falcons in racing or any other '60s Falcons

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 MarkMisegadis

MarkMisegadis

• 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 18:40

1964 65 Ford Falcons in Racing or any other 60’s Falcons

I am looking for information and photos on 1960’s Ford Falcons that were raced in any form with the exception of Drag Racing.
(Circle Track Falcons would be of interest also)

Of particular interest are photos and perhaps detail photos of the 1964 and 1965 American Ford Falcons. This could be at the track during competition or in the garage during fabrication and anything in-between.
(Also sold in Mexico and Canada)

I recently found a photo posted here of a 1964 Falcon Sprint that was road raced at Continental Divide Raceways (Colorado) in 1968 posted by Ron Shaw.
Sadly there is no additional information on the driver/owner of this car.

I am currently building a 1964 Falcon Sprint as a Vintage Road Racing car and anything would be of interest.

I am aware of the Monte Carlo Falcons and the continuation of their racing careers in the UK following that event. Many folks that I have met from the UK seem to have a very strong lasting impression of these cars from the events that they attended and these Falcons continue to be exported to the UK as well as our Falcon enthusiasts in Australia.

Pete Cordt raced a 1964 Falcon in Trans Am in 1966 and it had some back door support from the Shelby folks.
Ray Heppenstall raced a 1964 Falcon built to the FIA Homologation to Fords dismay as they were no longer promoting Falcons. “Can you say Mustang?”

Any information would be helpful on any and all 60’s Falcons that were raced anywhere and at any time.

Thank you and I look forward to the replies and this conversation!
Mark Misegadis

Advertisement

#2 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,572 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 19:04

There is a thread on here largely about Falcons - but I think it started with Galaxie in the title rather than Falcon, so try a search using "Galaxie".

#3 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,582 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 19:33

Yer tiz:

Ford Galaxie & Falcon touring cars

If you're not interested in Galaxies I suggest you skip the first two pages - Falcons don't feature much until page three,

#4 MarkMisegadis

MarkMisegadis

• 11 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 20:20

Thank you,

Excellent information and photos! A great start. I am sure we have not yet exhausted the well on this information and I know I would be glad to see more. From the looks of it so would a great deal of the regular participants here.

Mark

BTW: I also own a 1965 Galaxie and 1965 Ranchero (the latter is the pickup version of the Falcon)
The Galaxie info was great. I have only seen 1963 and 1964 Galaxies in UK race photos.

Edited by MarkMisegadis, 15 October 2010 - 20:21.

#5 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,955 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 21:08

Search for the name 'Algie' and you'll find a pic of an early ('61 or so) Falcon in the middle of a field of Holdens at Catalina Park in Australia...

There were, of course, plenty of Australian Falcons of the later sixties models raced, particularly at Bathurst. Pics will be found in the Australia photos thread.

#6 buckaluck

buckaluck

• 149 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 21:51

I am looking for information and photos on 1960’s Ford Falcons that were raced in any form with the exception of Drag Racing.

Of particular interest are photos and perhaps detail photos of the 1964 and 1965 American Ford Falcons. This could be at the track during competition or in the garage during fabrication and anything in-between.

I recently found a photo posted here of a 1964 Falcon Sprint that was road raced at Continental Divide Raceways (Colorado) in 1968 posted by Ron Shaw.

I am currently building a 1964 Falcon Sprint as a Vintage Road Racing car and anything would be of interest.

I am aware of the Monte Carlo Falcons and the continuation of their racing careers in the UK following that event. Many folks that I have met from the UK seem to have a very strong lasting impression of these cars from the events that they attended and these Falcons continue to be exported to the UK as well as our Falcon enthusiasts in Australia.

Pete Cordt raced a 1964 Falcon in Trans Am in 1966 and it had some back door support from the Shelby folks.
Ray Heppenstall raced a 1964 Falcon built to the FIA Homologation to Fords dismay as they were no longer promoting Falcons. “Can you say Mustang?”

Any information would be helpful on any and all 60’s Falcons that were raced anywhere and at any time.

Mark Misegadis

Hi Mark I shoot at vintage races here in California and there is a 63 that races in the historic trans am series and I have lots of photo's and just saw a 64 sprint at the SAAC event at Infineon. Email me and i'll send some pics m7buck@att.net

#7 Jesper O. Hansen

Jesper O. Hansen

• 582 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 16:11

Hi Mark I shoot at vintage races here in California and there is a 63 that races in the historic trans am series and I have lots of photo's and just saw a 64 sprint at the SAAC event at Infineon. Email me and i'll send some pics m7buck@att.net

Would that be the same black Falcon I saw at the 2008 Sebring 12 hour support race for historic Trans-Am cars? Very much a one-off amongst the hordes of Mustangs and Camaros. The 1970 Mopar cars were my favorites during the race.
Erik Fagerdal, promotor at Jyllands-Ringen, Denmark, hired Roy Pierpoint and his Group 5 Ford Falcon Sprint for about a handfull of races during the 1968 and 1969 season. The 400 bhp car was stunning in a straight line, and Jyllands-Ringen has a lot of straight lines albeit very short ones, and Pierpoint lost a lot of time in the many corners on the tiny track, but still managed to win about half the races he attended.

Jesper

#8 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 19:55

Some info at this link:

http://www.racingspo...ord/Falcon.html

Vince H.

#9 cooper997

cooper997

• 3,848 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 00:56

Jim Richards won a couple of support races at the Bathurst 1000 race meeting last weekend. He runs a very successful Falcon Sprint in the Australian 'Touring Car Masters' series.

Try googling something like 'Bathurst Falcon Sprint' or even 'Touring Car Masters Falcon Sprint' and you will probably find plenty of photos.

Stephen

#10 oldtransamdriver

oldtransamdriver

• 228 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:18

Check out Maeco Motorsports Michael Eisenberg who owns the 63 ex T/A Falcon. Also google up "A Falcon in Trans-Am?" Michael has a well known shop in Northridge CA. You can usually find him at the Historic Trans-Am Races driving one of his cars.

Robert Barg

#11 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 475 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 00:02

Pics of Sprint removed for Ray

I thought the original poster was building a Falcon Sprint and asked for any info on them.

Edited by Ellis French, 18 October 2010 - 03:28.

#12 gtsmunro

gtsmunro

• 197 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:44

Prior to the race's move to Bathurst in 1963, Ford Falcon's raced in the first three Armstrong 500's at Phillip Island. In 1960 there were two XK Falcons with the best placed being Bob Jane/Lou Molina third in class D.
1961 there was one XL Falcon racing in class B which finished second. Drivers were Harper/Fisher/Raeburn.
1962 there was at least four competing at the final Phillip Island race. The XM Falcon of Jane/Firth took outright honours being the first Falcon to win the great race.

In the Catalina Park thread there are two links on page 10 showing two Falcon 'Sports Sedans' One an two door, and the other a four door XK.

#13 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,955 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:59

Frankly, and I hope the original poster sets this right, I think this thread is about racing 'in period', not modern day stuff...

Munro, the '61 Phillip Island Armstrong 500 saw Harper/Fister/Raeburn in an XK, not an XL (just checked pics in the book...) and likewise, the cars that trounced the '62 race were all XLs, that being the current model. The XM didn't come out until '63, IIRC.

Just for the record, no Falcon Sprints ever raced in Australia in any form 'in period'. There were very few Falcons used as Sports Sedans (highly modified, engine swaps allowed etc) in the sixties, too.

#14 wagons46

wagons46

• 316 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:09

For what it's worth, the Australian Falcon release dates were;

1960 Sept XK

1962 Aug XL

1964 Feb XM
1964 July XM 2Dr

1965 March XP

1966 Sept XR

1967 May XR GT

1968 March XT

1969 June XW.

Edited by wagons46, 18 October 2010 - 08:30.

#15 cooper997

cooper997

• 3,848 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:33

Mark Misegadis

This is what the original poster put as his second to last sentence. To me that reads as anything relevant to his quest.

Stephen

#16 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,955 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:25

I guess so...

Unfortunately, I'm sure a lot of it will be very current stuff as the more affluent gentry have gone racing in various 'Historic' categories.

#17 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 475 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:29

I guess so...

Unfortunately, I'm sure a lot of it will be very current stuff as the more affluent gentry have gone racing in various 'Historic' categories.

Ray
While they were never raced in Australia "in period" as you said ,CAMS have given permission for five (5) Nb Historic Logbooked Falcon Sprints to be built to race in Australia ....and no more .....in recognition of their OS racing history . The car I posted the pic of is one of those 5 and has been logbooked Historic Nb for some 5 years now.
The Richards car is not in this same catagory being run in the Masters series where $'s do rule.
The original poster stated he is also building a Sprint so I imagined any pics would have been of interest to him.
If he wants to email me I can send them to him direct should he wish and put him in touch with the owner /builder.
ellismail@bigpond.com.au
Ellis

#18 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,955 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:00

That's right, Ellis, the Group Nb rules allow that sort of thing...

Not that I mind cars that didn't race here being allowed to race. But it's out of all proportion and indicative of the way some people are chasing trophies.

#19 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,036 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:20

Ray
While they were never raced in Australia "in period" as you said ,CAMS have given permission for five (5) Nb Historic Logbooked Falcon Sprints to be built to race in Australia ....and no more .....in recognition of their OS racing history . The car I posted the pic of is one of those 5 and has been logbooked Historic Nb for some 5 years now.
The Richards car is not in this same catagory being run in the Masters series where $'s do rule.
The original poster stated he is also building a Sprint so I imagined any pics would have been of interest to him.
If he wants to email me I can send them to him direct should he wish and put him in touch with the owner /builder.
ellismail@bigpond.com.au
Ellis

I reckon there is more than 5 Sprints Ellis. There is two here in SA, 2 in NSW at least one in Vic, the one in Tassy and there is at least one in Perth. Plus i reckon there is more again. And those are NB cars. And I think Jim Richards car started off as a Nb too.
Though just like Mustangs, they were never raced in period. And they are homolgated with all the fibreglass, not many if any have that here.

Edited by Lee Nicolle, 18 October 2010 - 11:22.

Advertisement

#20 MarkMisegadis

MarkMisegadis

• 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 20:00

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all the responses and your interest in this topic on 1960’s Ford Falcons racecars.
I appreciate the sources that were provided for Falcon photos and related information. Just to be clear as there appear to be a few questions on the direction of the topic:

• Any model years of the Ford Falcon from 1960-1969.
  • Any Model of the Falcon and not just the “Sprint” versions.
  • Vintage or Modern photographs of these cars being raced. (Current Vintage 60-69 racing cars count as modern nostalgia)
  • Any form of Racing with the exception of Drag Racing. (because we already see plenty of this in the US)

I apologize to those of you that I have not yet replied to directly. I will be doing so soon. I spent the entire weekend working on my 64 Sprint.

Mark Misegadis

PS: Should someone have photos of 1960’s Mercury Comets… please don’t hold back. They are very relevant in their 1960 – 1967 Falcon based form. I have been in touch with the Family that fielded the African Safari Rally Comets and with their permission will share photos here with all of you.

#21 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 475 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 22:45

I reckon there is more than 5 Sprints Ellis. There is two here in SA, 2 in NSW at least one in Vic, the one in Tassy and there is at least one in Perth. Plus i reckon there is more again. And those are NB cars. And I think Jim Richards car started off as a Nb too.
Though just like Mustangs, they were never raced in period. And they are homolgated with all the fibreglass, not many if any have that here.

Lee

There currently should be only 4 Logbooked Nb Falcon Sprints in Australia.

2 in SA, 1 in NSW. 1 in Tas.

There were 5 up till 2004/5 The 5th was also owned in Tas and went to England in about 2004/5. It also raced in Vic and is probably the one you remember from there.

The one from WA is now in NSW.

The Nb logbooked cars were originally Lacey, Meak, Heath , Ducet? and Shepherd.
The original Cams limit of 4 was lifted to 5 in mid/early 2000's when Cams approval was given for a 5th car. This was prior to the 2nd Tas car going to England.

Most of them have some f/g panels but maybe only 2 have the full compliment of the allowed panels. I think the minimum weight is 1240kg. 2 of the first cars were permitted Alloy roll cages and others have steel.The steel maybe is preferred altho heavier gives more rigidity.

The Richards car was initially going to be Nb but for various reasons was not built that way...one of them being the Cams cap on Nb Sprints.
I believe there is another Masters type car built or being built.

Ellis

#22 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,955 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 23:28

"Ducet?"...

That would be Marc Ducquet, I think. Or maybe Mark Duquet? Anyway, it has a 'q' in it. He's the guy who went down the straight at Warwick Farm once wondering why the car was surging. Then he realised his accelerator foot was trembling.

#23 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 475 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 23:59

"Ducet?"...

That would be Marc Ducquet, I think. Or maybe Mark Duquet? Anyway, it has a 'q' in it. He's the guy who went down the straight at Warwick Farm once wondering why the car was surging. Then he realised his accelerator foot was trembling.

Thanks Ray
I can say it but didnt know how it was spelt having never seen it written. I put a Q in it but it didnt look right.
Ellis

#24 gtsmunro

gtsmunro

• 197 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 00:50

The only other '2 door' Ford that raced out here that I can think of was the Galaxie of Sir Gawaine Baillie from 1963.

#25 Frank S

Frank S

• 2,162 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 00:51

Mark Misegadis

At the end of my post in this ~"Most-unsuitable-for-racing cars" thread is the story of one very early racing Falcon - or driven-in-a-race-Falcon, at any rate:

USGP 1960

I had a 1962 Ranchero for a few years. Wonderful tranportation tool.

#26 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,393 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:39

"Ducet?"...

I used to get that ocassionly in our Rally car,Doctor i went to see said its normal(may have been placating me), its just that most sports type people won't admit it to it.He was a Mountain climber and said they get it and it was called "Elvis's leg",IIRC its caused by an excess of Adrenalin in the system thats not being used up by physical activity,apparently, long term it(or something associated with it) can cause heart problems

#27 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 475 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:58

A couple of "Older Stuff " pics from Symmons Plains and Baskerville Tasmania...

Gene Cook in the Elliot colours in Lwt Falcon at Symmons and Baskerville

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ray Alford and Colin Noble also ran Falcons in the 60's in Tas plus another who's name escapes me at moment.(memory returned..Alan Roberts)
Later in the 70's a couple ran out of Hobart one being that of Dave Gill. I dont recall any of them being 2 dr.

Posted Image
Noble in the Orange Car and cant remember the white . Symmons Plains Tas.

Posted Image
Dave Gill in the Green. ...Baskerville Tas

Edited by Ellis French, 19 October 2010 - 08:48.

#28 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:48

Mark Misegadis

Mark sorry I do not have anything in period to contribute, but I stumbled across this second series Falcon in June last year on a random visit to Castle Combe on what turned out to be a test day, I am afraid I know nothing about either it or its owner / driver.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 brucemoxon

brucemoxon

• 1,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:05

Three pictures taken just this month at Bathurst. All three cars compete in the Touring Car Masters series, which is not an historic category, but rather a category for older cars (up to 1975) with limited modifications. They can have four-wheel discs and better gearboxes (but only four speeds allowed, unless the orginal car had more) and diffs, but have to keep to the original engine capacity and carburetors. They also run on 'road' tyres (R-spec, admittedly). The wheels are a maximum size, too - about 15x8 inch I think.

The first is Jim Richards' Falcon Sprint. Runs a 289ci (4.7 litres) V8.

Posted Image

This is Doug Westwood's XY Falcon GTHO Phase 3 replica. This shape was in production from 1967 to 1972. It has a 351ci 'Cleveland' V8.

Posted Image

This last car is outside the ambit of your original request, but it's the model that leads on from Westwood's. It's an XA Falcon GTHO Phase 4 replica. This model never went into production - there were three or four prototypes built before the legendary 1972 'Supercar Scare' killed them off. It's also a 351ci (5.8 litres). The driver here is Leanne Tander.

Posted Image

Bruce Moxon

Edited by brucemoxon, 20 October 2010 - 01:06.

#30 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 475 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:33

There were 3 Red Factory XA GT proto type race cars built at Mahoneys Rd , 2 of which survive.
They were compliance plated as normal GT's.

One single production compliance plated GTHO Phase 4 (Calypso Green) went down the production line. It still survives in Sydney.

The TCM car group is a very expensive class much more expensive than the Nb/Nc classes due to the hicost engine blocks, internals and gearboxes , brakes etc permitted.
The Richards car was reported to have cost in excess of $250K+ to build originally.

Ellis

#31 gtsmunro

gtsmunro

• 197 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:07

Two more.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 alfaronny

alfaronny

• 39 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:42

A few Falcons at the Spa 6hours
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And a Galaxie
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 adalessa

adalessa

• 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:05

Hi everobody!!!

Some Falcons still running races in Argentina

Omar Martínez - Turismo Carretera
Posted Image

Claudio Méndez - TC 4000 Standard Santafesino
Posted Image

Juan Manuel Silva - Turismo Carretera
Posted Image

Mauro Giallombardo - Turismo Carretera Pista
Posted Image

Walter Mery - TC Santafesino
Posted Image

OLD PHOTOS

Carmelo Galbato and Carlos Reutemann - Turismo Carretera 1968
Posted Image

Héctor Gradassi - Turismo Carretera ¿1974?
Posted Image

Rodolfo de Alzaga - Turismo Carretera 1965
Posted Image

Héctor Gradassi y Ricardo Iglesias - Turismo Carretera 1976
Posted Image

This is the restored Carlos Reutemann's Falcon
Posted Image

Sorry for my English....!!! :wave:

#34 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,955 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 21:11

Originally posted by Ellis French
.....The TCM car group is a very expensive class much more expensive than the Nb/Nc classes due to the hicost engine blocks, internals and gearboxes , brakes etc permitted.....

Internals are free in Nb and Nc as well, Ellis, but original block and head castings must be used. Gearbox internals are also free, as are differential internals.

But I'm sure there are other places where these cars are more expensive. Some would, of course, argue that aftermarket or upgraded blocks actually cost less than an old one (sourced with difficulty) resurrected and replaced several times, and they have a point. And in Nc there are some cars which are also permitted 'NASCAR' blocks with this argument having been successfully reprsented to the CAMS.

#35 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,036 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 22:52

The Biante series cars are true hotrods. A Camaro can use modern blocks,[though you dont have too] the heads are basically control but a modern iron head. At this point I think they have to run a 4bbl carb? Gearbox is Jericho or similar [which are based on a 70s T10] and diff is Ford 9" Brakes are 12" and with 4 discs.And parity is aquired with lead, about a 100kilo I believe.
The Talbot Torana is Irving headed which partly shows why it is so quick.
The v8 cars really are cheaper to run using modern readily advailable parts which are designed for the job. But the level of competition means you have to spend heaps to be near the front. And mostly semi retired professional drivers helps a bit too!

#36 cavvy

cavvy

• 171 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:13

Lee

There currently should be only 4 Logbooked Nb Falcon Sprints in Australia.

2 in SA, 1 in NSW. 1 in Tas.

There were 5 up till 2004/5 The 5th was also owned in Tas and went to England in about 2004/5. It also raced in Vic and is probably the one you remember from there.

The one from WA is now in NSW

The Nb logbooked cars were originally Lacey, Meak, Heath , Ducet? and Shepherd.
The original Cams limit of 4 was lifted to 5 in mid/early 2000's when Cams approval was given for a 5th car. This was prior to the 2nd Tas car going to England.

Most of them have some f/g panels but maybe only 2 have the full compliment of the allowed panels. I think the minimum weight is 1240kg. 2 of the first cars were permitted Alloy
roll cages and others have steel.The steel maybe is preferred altho heavier gives more rigidity.

The Richards car was initially going to be Nb but for various reasons was not built that way...one of them being the Cams cap on Nb Sprints.
I believe there is another Masters type car built or being built.

Ellis

Bill Meeke ran one in WA for long time, mid 80s. Is Bill in NSW or just the car?

A photo:
http://www.google.co...=1t:429,r:3,s:0

Bill Meeke:
http://www.meekecons...bill_meeke.html

Edited by cavvy, 23 October 2010 - 07:33.

#37 cavvy

cavvy

• 171 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:18

Two more.

Posted Image

Is that Wayne Rogerson? Not the Jubilee Ford I remember him racing in that era, looks more like the Morris 2 door.

#38 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,955 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:28

That's the XP 2-door that was built by Ray Morris...

Now I'm confused again, did it go then to Wayne Rogerson or Russell Kramer? Wayne certainly started in an early Falcon and graduated to an XR or XE shell.

#39 Dale Harvey

Dale Harvey

• 417 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 23:38

Now I'm confused again, did it go then to Wayne Rogerson or Russell Kramer? Wayne certainly started in an early Falcon and graduated to an XR or XE shell.

To my knowledge Russell Kramer always built his own cars and he never had the Ray Morris built car. That car was also owned by Brian Lawler. Also the photos are a couple of mine that have been "borrowed" from the Motorsport Archive website.
Dale.

Advertisement

#40 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,734 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:55

Hi everobody!!!
Some Falcons still running races in Argentina

Sorry for my English....!!! :wave:

Hi adalessa, thanks for the fantastic photos, no need to apologise for your English as it is fine, and most of all welcome to TNF.

Those 'droop-nose' Falcons look wild! There must have been a lot of Falcons raced in Argentina, as they used the same body for so many years there. What engines did they usually run in the Turismo Carretera, small-block V8s such as 289s?

#41 adalessa

adalessa

• 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 23:00

Hi adalessa, thanks for the fantastic photos, no need to apologise for your English as it is fine, and most of all welcome to TNF.

Those 'droop-nose' Falcons look wild! There must have been a lot of Falcons raced in Argentina, as they used the same body for so many years there. What engines did they usually run in the Turismo Carretera, small-block V8s such as 289s?

Hi David, these Falcons use the 6 cylinder 221. I don`t remember if the Reutemann and Galbato's cars used a V8 engine.

This 6 cyl. 380cv

Posted Image

#42 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,734 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:50

Hi David, these Falcons use the 6 cylinder 221. I don`t remember if the Reutemann and Galbato's cars used a V8 engine.

This 6 cyl. 380cv

Oh, I see. An engine that we also had in Australia from 1966.

I had a bit of a look on the internet at the series, it is very interesting starting back in the 1930s.

#43 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:29

The 1959 Falcon of Mike Haigh that was racing at Mallory Park last Sunday.

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2010-10-26

#44 adalessa

adalessa

• 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 17:33

GUINNESS RECORD :clap: :clap: :clap:

Posted Image

#45 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,955 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 21:36

Cross thread alert...

Did they stop during the war?

#46 adalessa

adalessa

• 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 21:53

Yes.

There were no championship between 1942 and 1946.

#47 gtsmunro

gtsmunro

• 197 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:54

I think we've done this before Ray!!!!
It could be Wayne Rogerson driving the coupe on this occaision. Ray Morris sold it to Brian Lawler who sold it on to Wayne Rogerson. Wayne wrote the car off at Bathurst and the 'good bits' went into his new XR/XT.
Russell Kramer alway's built his own cars.

Edited by gtsmunro, 29 October 2010 - 05:55.

#48 tigerpaulfalcon

tigerpaulfalcon

• 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 22:24

Mark Misegadis

Hi interesting to read comments. I race a Ford Falcon to Sprint Specification in the Masters FIA Saloon series in the U.K . It is car 35 in the photos already submitted. Interestingly it is a Canadian car built in Oakville having been rallied & raced in Canada from about 1969 until 2004 when it came to the U.K . I have quite a lot of photos of its days in Canada operating from its Alberta base . Its a late 1964 car and was in canada with a Hi Po 289. It runs the same engine here with around 400 bhp. Anybody know of this car in Canada or want more information ?
RegardsPaul.

#49 tigerpaulfalcon

tigerpaulfalcon

• 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 22:32

Hi interesting to read comments. I race a Ford Falcon to Sprint Specification in the Masters FIA Saloon series in the U.K . It is car 35 in the photos already submitted. Interestingly it is a Canadian car built in Oakville having been rallied & raced in Canada from about 1969 until 2004 when it came to the U.K . I have quite a lot of photos of its days in Canada operating from its Alberta base . Its a late 1964 car and was in canada with a Hi Po 289. It runs the same engine here with around 400 bhp. Anybody know of this car in Canada or want more information ?
RegardsPaul.

#50 MarkMisegadis

MarkMisegadis

• 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 19:45

RegardsPaul.

Paul,

Please lay it on us...Photos too. Would love to have more information on this car and its history!

Mark