- - - - -

Your Favorite Racing Game From The Last 10 years

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 BlinkyMcSquinty

BlinkyMcSquinty

• 13 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 13:53

GPL is what turned my fun into an addiction. I was never good, but I can't even begin to count how many laps I did at Monza.

NASCAR 3, then NASCAR 2003.

F1 2002

GT2 and GT Legends

iRacing

Advertisement

#102 Steveaki13

Steveaki13

• 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 21:54

I have not really ever done any PC gaming apart from one F1 game in 2000

I know its not in the last 10 years, but my total list only features 2 from before then

F1 Championship 1997 on N64

F1 2000 on PC

F1 2006 PS3

F1 Toca Race driver 3?

F1 2013 - I really loved the classic content

Really never felt all that impressed with any of  the F1 games from Codemasters. Often feel there is something missing. 

Gran Turismo - Never had enough time to make my way through it. 

I have quite enjoyed Grid Autosport

#103 DutchAutosportFan

DutchAutosportFan

• 15 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 13:43

F1 1998 on PS1

GPL
Grandprix 2
Grandprix 3
Grandprix 4
Toca 2 on PC and PS1
F12002  on PC
F1C on PC (made some mods for it)
rFactor

Edited by DutchAutosportFan, 07 November 2014 - 13:44.

#104 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,979 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 13:45

I really liked F1 Championship Edition on PS3

#105 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 2,459 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 23:17

Live for Speed is the game I spent the most amount of time with, and it's the only game that has made online racing enjoyable for me. Its handling across a wide variety of cars also makes it a clear favourite, and I also like that it uses fictional tracks. The ease with which one can use and distribute custom car liveries also remains unmatched. Unfortunately no major development has happened for almost 10 years (it barely fits the criteria of the thread!), but it has held up surprisingly well.

Edited by Nonesuch, 12 November 2014 - 23:21.

#106 hittheapex

hittheapex

• 389 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 13:17

I haven't seriously played any new games for a few years and never had a computer that was great at running games, but a few that stand out for me:

Gran Turismo 4-Possibly the most complete racing game. Was a big step up on the previous versions for me, some great new original tracks and additions of other fantastic tracks such as Suzuka, Nordschleife and Le Mans. There was a fantastic variety of cars, and besides the different racing modes, one could be a "team manager" in B-spec and I found that fun sometimes. I remember doing a 24 hour endurance race (sped up 3x of course) where my car was faster but tyre wear was higher than the others. I figured out that pushing harder and making more pit stops was faster, and I won by less than a lap over "24" hours. That was satisfying. Countless great times with friends on multiplayer too.

F1 Challenge 99-02: The career was a good concept and I had endless fun racing as different drivers from the past, as I had not had the chance to play as those drivers on previous games as I didn't have a Playstation at the time.

Need for Speed: Just a lot of fun, the drag races against friends are addictive because once you both get the idea of it, it's always so close and it's fun jinking around and trying to break your friends concentration on avoiding traffic :lol:  Burnout Takedown was great for a laugh too.

TOCA Race Driver 2-Great fun trying the different series and lots of different circuits.

#107 gilez

gilez

• 39 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:13

Assetto Corsa. Driving the Ferrari 458 GT2 with its engine screaming around the corners of Mugello, Spa, Monza, Imola.. great stuff.

#108 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,561 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 13:49

Need for Speed: Just a lot of fun, the drag races against friends are addictive because once you both get the idea of it, it's always so close and it's fun jinking around and trying to break your friends concentration on avoiding traffic :lol:

I don't remember Need For Speed having drag racing. Unless you mean those games Electronic Arts has vomited after Need For Speed (5) Porsche Unleashed...