Photo

NASCAR The Game 2011

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyTheFox

JimmyTheFox

• 717 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 23:32

Developed by UK developer Eutechnyx for PS3, 360 and WII.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A glimpse at the damage model:
Posted Image

Info:

* In-depth career mode.
* Split-screen offline multiplayer.
* 43 car fields offline, 16 online.
* Revolutionary damage model.
* Extensive car setup options.
* Option to force default setups online.
* Tire wear.
* Tire blowouts.
* Tire temps/pressures affect handling.
* AI that drive like the actual Cup drivers.
* All 4 car manufacturers
* Rubber build-up on the tracks that affects handling.
* Ability to control what assists are used in online races.
* Ability to run multiple grooves and be competitive.
* Replay and photo editor
* Multiple paint schemes for drivers.
* Extensive in-game paint booth.
* Ability to rewind the race.
* Double file restarts.
* All car cockpits represent that of the actual driver.
* Accurate time-of-day transitions for races.
* 2011 car noses and paint schemes DLC soon after release.
* Scrolling standings ticker during races.
* PRN Commentary during pre-race and post-race.
* Spotter.
* Interactive victory celebrations including getting out of the car and doing backflips to pump up the crowd.
* All drivers modelled in detail

VG247: How do you feel about being given the opportunity to work on the NASCAR property? How aware are you of the excitement the announcement is likely to have among NASCAR fans?

Dave Thomspon: Eutechnyx is fiercely independent as a company and we are constantly evaluating opportunities as a developer. With a strong background on immersive racing and driving titles, the NASCAR license has provided us with a great opportunity to use our passion and technology to bring something new to the franchise, and give the fans the game they’ve always wanted.

The NASCAR licence has allowed us to do a lot more in the game on the whole, and include the features we, and of course the fans, have always wanted – extreme wrecks, ferocious damage, 43 car high-speed close racing, pit stops and advanced tuning are all part of the NASCAR world. Everything that the fans expect from a NASCAR experience is captured in the game.

Through research, studying every event, talking closely to the drivers and teams, and with a strong support from NASCAR – we are highly confident that the game is going to thrill the NASCAR fans. It’s always been crucial for Eutechnyx to capture the passion and emotion of NASCAR throughout the game – of course in the races, but also in the build up to The Chase, in the spectacle before each event, and throughout the immersive 3D Front End. Players feel like a real driver progressing through the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series as themselves, or as any one of their favourite NASCAR legends.

Initially, when the potential to develop the next NASCAR games emerged, we pitched a high-level concept to NASCAR with the core aims to deliver an unprecedented sense of speed, dynamic damage, life-like cars with real handling and physics, and a true sense of immersion into the biggest motorsport in America.

NASCAR, the teams and the drivers all loved the concept, and Eutechnyx acquired the exclusive worldwide rights to the franchise. We feel that the fans, and racing gamers in general, will really appreciate the level of detail we’ve gone into to provide the complete NASCAR experience. Nothing will come closer to the real thing!

We are very excited and confident that the fans will love the game, and feel that the announcement is only the beginning, and will create a huge amount of buzz.

We’re confident because we’ve experienced and studied the sport first hand, listened to the fans, forums, teams and drivers, and gone all out to include the racing realism, online, community and tuning features that players want, as well as introducing a wide range of cool new features – such as replay and photo editing, and awesome 3D styling. We are looking forward to the fans reaction, as well as the simulation drivers and casual racers when unveiling the first images of the game on our website – NASCARTheGame.com

Advertisement

#2 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,112 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 23:44

Wow looks impressive, I mean GT5 beating graphics. Lighting effects and colours are so effective. Would definitely willing to give this a try, loved Papy's NASCAR series. I'd be surprised if this was quite as sim focussed but the damage and some of the features seem ground breaking.

#3 Mat

Mat

• 7,683 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:14

Ive been following this release for a few weeks now. I think this could be lots of fun. No sim, but lots of fun. :)

#4 klyster

klyster

• 5,738 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:56

Damage looks nice.

#5 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:33

Very, very pretty. The last few EA games have been a bit of a dissapointment for me, fun for an intermittant blast on the X-Box but not much to get the teeth into . . . hopefully this will be a huge step up.

#6 Mat

Mat

• 7,683 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 13:39

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but this is the preview video. VERY pretty indeed, almost photo realistic in parts.

Shame it will most likely drive like SCGT though! ;)

Still, im hoping it will be lots of fun to play. Crashes should be epic!

Edited by Mat, 22 October 2010 - 13:40.

#7 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 13:46

Not sure if you guys have seen it, but this is the preview video. VERY pretty indeed, almost photo realistic in parts.

Shame it will most likely drive like SCGT though! ;)

Still, im hoping it will be lots of fun to play. Crashes should be epic!

Gorgeous video, is that actually in game stuff or is it a pre-render?

Edited by BorderReiver, 22 October 2010 - 13:46.

#8 Mat

Mat

• 7,683 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:43

No mention. My guess is pre-render.

#9 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 20:39

Developed by UK developer Eutechnyx for PS3, 360 and WII.

Info:

* In-depth career mode.
* Split-screen offline multiplayer.
* 43 car fields offline, 16 online.
* Revolutionary damage model.
* Extensive car setup options.
* Option to force default setups online.
* Tire wear.
* Tire blowouts.
* Tire temps/pressures affect handling.
* All 4 car manufacturers
* Rubber build-up on the tracks that affects handling.
* Ability to control what assists are used in online races.
* Ability to run multiple grooves and be competitive.
* Replay and photo editor
* Multiple paint schemes for drivers.
* Extensive in-game paint booth.
* Ability to rewind the race.
* Double file restarts.
* All car cockpits represent that of the actual driver.
* Accurate time-of-day transitions for races.
* 2011 car noses and paint schemes DLC soon after release.
* Scrolling standings ticker during races.
* PRN Commentary during pre-race and post-race.
* Spotter.
* Interactive victory celebrations including getting out of the car and doing backflips to pump up the crowd.

Yet another NASCAR game.

Eutechnyx is responsible for this crap:

# 2005 Big Mutha Truckers 2 (PS2, Xbox, PC)
# 2006 Cartoon Network Racing (PS2) also ported to Nintendo DS by DC Studios
# 2006 Hummer Badlands (PS2, Xbox)
# 2006 The Fast and the Furious (PS2, PSP)
# 2006 Pimp My Ride (PS2, Xbox360)
# 2007 Hot Wheels: Beat That! (PS2, PC, Xbox360, Wii)
# 2008 Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli (PS2, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP)
# 2009 Supercar Challenge (PS3)
# 2010 Ride To Hell (PS3, Xbox360, PC)

The only semi-decent game is Ferrari Challenge, which was just a port from the old Dreamcast game.

These guys did F1 World Challenge -worst F1 game ever.

#10 thepringlesguy

thepringlesguy

• 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:49

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#11 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 19:33

Oh, that's a shame.

I wonder if the Montoya model is dynamic and gains weight as the season progresses?

What? no guitar smashes? Not a sim.

Edited by Villes Gilleneuve, 26 October 2010 - 19:33.

#12 naiku

naiku

• 61 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 14:54

I have not played any of the other Eutechnyx games, but picked up an Xbox 360 and Nascar 2011 a couple weeks ago now. While the game looks nice, it has serious problems.

1 - The yellow lights are on all the way around the track, all the time.
2 - Yellow flags are stupid, an AI car can spin, the yellow comes out. You can crash, be rolling upside down along the track being hit by other cars, no yellow flag. As anyone who has watched Nascar knows, yellow flags come out at the slightest hint of an accident.
3 - Every driver has the same animation when they win a race, backflipping off the roof of the car. In Nascar only Carl Edwards does (did) this. Also, when drivers win a race in the game, they spray champagne, something I have never seen a Nascar driver do. Ever.
4 - The career mode is 1 season in Sprint cars, no working your way up through truck & Nationwide series. 1 season, Sprint Cup only.
5 - If you wreck/skid/roll/pushed by AI cars etc into the pitline, you get a black flag.
6 - So far, no matter how much faster I am in qualifying, I have never lapped a car. The entire field always stay at most 1/2 lap behind me.
7 - When you earn sponsors during career mode, you can't actually do anything with them. No way to change the livery on the car to show new sponsors so whats the point?
8 - When racing you earn Nascar Experience Points, so far I have almost 100,000 of these, and other than getting a title according to the level of points I have, they appear not to actually do anything else.

It stinks. If my kids did not like playing it so much I would trade it in for something else. There are supposed to be patches being worked on, but when I buy a game, I expect it to be finished.

#13 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,267 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 17:34

Yet another NASCAR game.

# 2005 Big Mutha Truckers 2 (PS2, Xbox, PC)
# 2006 Cartoon Network Racing (PS2) also ported to Nintendo DS by DC Studios
# 2006 Hummer Badlands (PS2, Xbox)
# 2006 The Fast and the Furious (PS2, PSP)
# 2006 Pimp My Ride (PS2, Xbox360)
# 2007 Hot Wheels: Beat That! (PS2, PC, Xbox360, Wii)
# 2008 Ferrari Challenge: Trofeo Pirelli (PS2, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP)
# 2009 Supercar Challenge (PS3)
# 2010 Ride To Hell (PS3, Xbox360, PC)

The only semi-decent game is Ferrari Challenge, which was just a port from the old Dreamcast game.

These guys did F1 World Challenge -worst F1 game ever.

I only just saw this. Ferrari Challenge by Eutechnyx was not in ANY way, shape or form, a port of the old Dreamcast game.

#14 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:34

The on-board shots look flat but the others look very good! :)

Edited by Brandz07, 12 May 2011 - 06:34.

#15 naiku

naiku

• 61 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:59

The on-board shots look flat but the others look very good! :)

The game itself does look good, I can't fault it there. But, the game play is really poor. The more I play it the more annoyed I get with it. Yesterday I was in 3rd place, with a couple of laps to go, I get spun out by one of the other cars, and have several cars slamming into me, and each other, do I get a yellow flag? heck no. It stinks.